Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

Eek! 100 days!
Ds3 and ds4 saw an advert for a toy dog they want this morning, but they want the colours they've seen on tv and the website isn't showing that colour. I have discovered that there is now a store a LOT closer than there used to be though, so I'll go have a look as soon as I can get out without ds3 and feel well enough

I bought bf a hoddie, t-shirt and alexa plug thing ( all on offer)

Ds ive got lego-he wants a switch waiting till black fri though.

Xxx

I picked up a squishy advent calendar from home bargains today (£8.99) along with a reindeer hand sanitiser thing, a reindeer shower puff and a rubix cube on a key ring (thomas is obsessed with them and has all sorts of different ones). So I guess I've officially started!

Just checked the big boys mobile phone contracts, can upgrade from 23rd

Toy sale at Argos, though stock is a bit random! I got the elf on the shelf letter to Santa set for £8.99 which is the cheapest I've seen it and a couple of designafriend bits.

I always find argos really hit and miss with stock especially during the sales

I’ve found my youngest (8 next week) so easy to buy for this year he’s nearly done tbh

But my oldest (10) stated yesterday he ‘doesn’t like toys’ so I feel like his pile is gonna be rubbish compared to youngests as he wants more expensive bits like a new Xbox controller

how do you deal with stuff like that when they are close in age!

Also thought I was sorted for their main gift (Nintendo switch) til they said yesterday they actually want a second Xbox argh!

I always find argos really hit and miss with stock especially during the sales

Me too our local one was awful !! It’s been closed since lockdown I really hope it opens up again though !! It’s a very busy store too !

DD2 has given me loads of ideas over the past week ! All DD1 can come up with so far is a new ipad case with a stand !

I’ve found my youngest (8 next week) so easy to buy for this year he’s nearly done tbh

But my oldest (10) stated yesterday he ‘doesn’t like toys’ so I feel like his pile is gonna be rubbish compared to youngests as he wants more expensive bits like a new Xbox controller

how do you deal with stuff like that when they are close in age!

Also thought I was sorted for their main gift (Nintendo switch) til they said yesterday they actually want a second Xbox argh!

I know what you mean, its tricky when you've got one who wants things that'll cost more but look like less.

Games are crazy expensive too. Ds3 has asked for one that he wants the special edition of. Its almost £80! I'm hanging on for black Friday and hoping to get it was cheaper

Wow I agree console games are stupidly expensive !! If they make them cheaper more people would buy them!

I’m going to have the expense of make and perfume for a few years then it will be all that and console games for DS!

Why can’t they just have toys it’s more fun haha but I suppose it’s whatever makes them happy and smile on the day !

Wow that’s a crazy price for a game isn’t it!

I’m now on the hunt for a gaming chair as he mentioned it tonight

I've no idea where to start! Ds is 10 too, he likes his technology and games a bit but isn't into it enough to justify spending much, he's not asking for anything and I don't want to spend lots on random things he doesn't want or need. Niece 2 wants an expensive phone, she's 14 so I've told her if that's what she wants it will be from all of us and there won't be lots of other gifts. Niece 1 is 18 and has a boyfriend who spends a lot on her but it doesn't feel right to skimp on her when we're all together on Christmas morning - I'm hoping inspiration will strike soon as I'd hoped to spread out my spending over a few months!!!

The standard edition of new games is crazy enough, and he still plays with toys loads, but he's said that's the one thing that he really wants so I'm struggling to say no if that's all he's got his heart set on. Ds1 is the gamer though, its difficult to find things he will like that isn't a video game.

The standard edition of new games is crazy enough, and he still plays with toys loads, but he's said that's the one thing that he really wants so I'm struggling to say no if that's all he's got his heart set on. Ds1 is the gamer though, its difficult to find things he will like that isn't a video game.

that’s it isn’t it, if you know it will bring them joy o suppose the money is worth spending regardless of it’s an eye watering amount.

In other news the Smyths catalogue arrived today! That might give him some inspiration

There always seems to be such expensive add ons as well for games :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->