Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

Well I started - but not for my own!! Ordered a scooter for my friends daughter, 1 thing of my list!

I remember when my kids had stuff like Lego dimensions and Disney infinity once you bought the initial game you then had to shell out for all the add on packs.
now it’s constant v bucks or robucks that they want

Or season passes. Its constant. And the games are forever updating. It annoys me that you can't just put a disc in and play now either, it needs to download, a few games fills the machine so you have to buy additional storage. Then if you want to play online it needs a yearly subscription. Its never ending.
I've said no to ps5. I'm just praying ds1s friends don't all get one or I'll have him moaning all year about how he can't play with them.

I've managed to talk to ds3 and ds4 about these dog things they want from smyths. Saying in this country I can only find pink, purple or white. Santa might be able to get the blue and brown because he can travel between countries but just in case what colour do they want as a back up. I think ds3 might have an inkling its me as now and then he'll say "can you, can santa" but other times he's like "maybe he could get his elves to make one"

Or season passes. Its constant. And the games are forever updating. It annoys me that you can't just put a disc in and play now either, it needs to download, a few games fills the machine so you have to buy additional storage. Then if you want to play online it needs a yearly subscription. Its never ending.
I've said no to ps5. I'm just praying ds1s friends don't all get one or I'll have him moaning all year about how he can't play with them.

I've managed to talk to ds3 and ds4 about these dog things they want from smyths. Saying in this country I can only find pink, purple or white. Santa might be able to get the blue and brown because he can travel between countries but just in case what colour do they want as a back up. I think ds3 might have an inkling its me as now and then he'll say "can you, can santa" but other times he's like "maybe he could get his elves to make one"

Yes the storage thing drives me mad! We have an Xbox right now but they have so many games that they can’t play because there’s no storage left.

oh no hopefully he’s still on board with Santa!
i think this will be our last year tbh. Oldest will start comp next year and I know he won’t keep his mouth shut for 2 mins with youngest, they are too close in age.

Yes the storage thing drives me mad! We have an Xbox right now but they have so many games that they can’t play because there’s no storage left.

oh no hopefully he’s still on board with Santa!
i think this will be our last year tbh. Oldest will start comp next year and I know he won’t keep his mouth shut for 2 mins with youngest, they are too close in age.

They've all got an external storage but that was still like 30/40 quid a pop if I remember.
Yeah ds3 would be due to start high school next year too. Dh keeps asking if we will tell him, or if because he's home ed so there won't be anyone to tease him about it we will leave him a bit longer. Apparently ds4 has said a few things to him that make him think he might not have many years left either. I'm not sure with ds3 if he'll say anything or not. I was sure ds1 would but he's managed to keep quiet for 6 years now, even when angry with them, so I could be wrong about ds3, but he does lash out at ds4 so I really don't know.

Argh. My eldest has just turned 8 and had a sleepover with two friends (never again they bucket to much!) Anyway they're going to bed and talking about Christmas and one friend said sorry girls but Santa isn't real! I was mortified. Luckily my DD and other friend didn't believe her and I had to say 'Maybe you don't think he his but we do so let's not spoil anyones magic'

I'm good friends with her mum so may say something as it's fine if she doesn't believe of course but not to spoil it for others. I don't think my DD will believe much longer.

Aww no! :( My DD's friend told her a few years ago but luckily we managed to convince her otherwise. She's 8 now and I'm pretty sure she suspects, I don't think she will believe for much longer.

2 years ago i was having a pre Christmas party and an adult couple I know commented (while their young children were in the room and my Ds was walking out of it) that I didn't need to pretend about Santa, their children knew the truth!! I said that was up to them but not to discuss it in my home in front of the other children - I was a little snappy about it, I'm all for people raising their own family with their beliefs, but I'm hugely against anyone forcing their choices on others.

Thomas knows what he wants - and I can only get them from Japan. Thanks kid.

Thomas knows what he wants - and I can only get them from Japan. Thanks kid.
Very best of luck with that!! I'm hoping nothing needs to come from abroad this year as I know supply lines have been a bit messed up this summer, some things are arriving as normal and others seem to be ages on hold.

2 years ago i was having a pre Christmas party and an adult couple I know commented (while their young children were in the room and my Ds was walking out of it) that I didn't need to pretend about Santa, their children knew the truth!! I said that was up to them but not to discuss it in my home in front of the other children - I was a little snappy about it, I'm all for people raising their own family with their beliefs, but I'm hugely against anyone forcing their choices on others.

Thats it. It's a tricky one as he obviously isn't real but still, some like to keep the magic alive as long as possible. I've always told my DD not everyone had the same thoughts or belief (about lots of things) but it's not for us to say if it's right or wrong.

Now the sleepover is over I can start thinking Christmas. All DD1 has asked for is bunk beds for her new dolls.... I'm waiting for the Smyth's catalogue to come. Are Argos still printing catalogues? I'm sure I read they wasn't. X

I agree that whether people choose to have their kids believe or not is their choice but they should also teach them to respect others beliefs.

Definitely. I hate it when their friends spoil it for them.

I’m really struggling with Christmas ideas this year x

Thanks whoever mentioned about Asda. I went and picked up a couple of bits the other day,

Everywhere is starting to get their christmas stuff in now, it's so exciting.

I saw some Christmas cards in Asda yesterday and was excited they're out already! :)

Finally got a couple of ideas for the girls
Heeleys/Roller skates (my mum wants to get those)
Teepee tent for Designafriends
Outfits for Designafriends

Also going to look out for den building ideas as they love making dens indoors and outdoors x

M&S food comes out 1st Oct.

Saw they will have some fancy gin bottles

I keep checking the asda website for Christmas pjs. I've not been in store in ages though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->