Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

I knew some of you would be here already!
I bought 2 gifts yesterday. Made a start.

I now have a non believer, my oldest (11) is starting secondary school this September and thought it was the right time to tell him so hoping there’s still the excitement this year. He did say he had his suspicions. He’s under strict orders not to tell youngest (8) but I honestly don’t think he’s as convinced as my oldest always has been.
we have booked disneyland Paris for the week before Christmas which will be part of their present, I’m not telling them though just in case it doesn’t go ahead.

Wow Disney land Paris ( fx for you)

I've booked for ds to see santander at local Dino Park. Last year it sold out really quick also booked the day there so tickets were £57 for 3 of us. Not sure if it's me ds and bf or me ds and nanny.

I've ordered some bits on debenhams sale for oh niece and nephew and my friends little girl.

I got a onesie a rudolf one off ebay the other day :) xxxx

Disneyland sounds amazing!

Holly doesn't believe in santa anymore, but she is still excited to keep the magic going <3

Santa at the Dino park sounds fab! Deffo best to be prepared and book early.

I’m more excited because my mam is coming too! She’s never been to Disney and I can’t wait to show her!

I think he will still be excited for the festivities and what not but it’s definitely going to be odd having one non believer!

it’s crazy really, I first starting posting on Santa’s grotto here when he was 2!!

Hi ladies! I was just thinking today, I wonder if anyone’s around and here you all are. I’m not quite ready to start shopping yet but definitely gathering my ideas.

Aw it's such a shame when they stop believing, but ds2 still gets just as excited as he always did, and ds1 is a "too cool to be excited" teen :haha: dh wants to tell ds3 who is 11, and sometimes I think he has his suspicions but I'm just not sure what to do.

Ahh Leonie Disneyland will be amazing at Xmas, would love to go at that time of year :) Also, I still can't believe I've been a member of BnB since I was pregnant with my first and she's 10 in December! My days on the pregnancy and baby boards are long gone but I love that a core group of us Xmas crazies have still stuck around :xmas12:

Ahh Leonie Disneyland will be amazing at Xmas, would love to go at that time of year :) Also, I still can't believe I've been a member of BnB since I was pregnant with my first and she's 10 in December! My days on the pregnancy and baby boards are long gone but I love that a core group of us Xmas crazies have still stuck around :xmas12:
Yes! I joined when ttc ds4 who is almost 8, and love that every year the same faces pop up for Christmas

Aw it's such a shame when they stop believing, but ds2 still gets just as excited as he always did, and ds1 is a "too cool to be excited" teen :haha: dh wants to tell ds3 who is 11, and sometimes I think he has his suspicions but I'm just not sure what to do.
I'm not a taller, I remember finding out from cousins and pretending I still believed for a couple of years after, it's all part of the game.

It the way he looks at me sometimes when I say to put things on their list for Santa, like he's not entirely sure.

There's a pre-order started for the new mini-brands and mini-brands toys advent calendars. I don't know of I should order one because I have no clue what other advent calendars there will be to choose from. I always wait too long for advent calendars and then they sell out.

How is it August already !! This month I have to buy the girls school uniforms and winter coats etc . Then next month I will start buying !!

Few ideas already
DS (2) will be the easiest by far he loves watching Bing , Blippi, Mr Tumbles . Not sure much Peppa Pig ! He also loves cars , trains especially Thomas the tank engine ! .
DD2 (6 in December ) She loves any kind of crafting and barbies .
DD1 (9 in Feb) gosh she was so hard to buy for last year she’s sorta in the middle of wanting toys and wanting more grown up things ! She still enjoys playing with DD2 with dolls but not barbies (she likes the cave club dolls etc ) . She absolutely loves reading and Phantom gave me a brilliant idea with books for her !

Looking forward to booking some Christmas activities this year hopefully without the stress of covid !! List as follows!

- Take children to see the Xmas lights in the city
- visit Santa at the farm
- shopping trip with MIL
- meet my mum for coffee / shopping
- don’t forget the elf on the shelf before bed ha
- make sure DDs write the most important things they want on their lists! DD2 forgot something last year and broke my heart seeing her upset on Xmas night! Think she was just tired and overwhelmed too!
- enjoy every minute of it !

There's a pre-order started for the new mini-brands and mini-brands toys advent calendars. I don't know of I should order one because I have no clue what other advent calendars there will be to choose from. I always wait too long for advent calendars and then they sell out.

I would order just in case ! X

How is it August already !! This month I have to buy the girls school uniforms and winter coats etc . Then next month I will start buying !!

Few ideas already
DS (2) will be the easiest by far he loves watching Bing , Blippi, Mr Tumbles . Not sure much Peppa Pig ! He also loves cars , trains especially Thomas the tank engine ! .
DD2 (6 in December ) She loves any kind of crafting and barbies .
DD1 (9 in Feb) gosh she was so hard to buy for last year she’s sorta in the middle of wanting toys and wanting more grown up things ! She still enjoys playing with DD2 with dolls but not barbies (she likes the cave club dolls etc ) . She absolutely loves reading and Phantom gave me a brilliant idea with books for her !

Looking forward to booking some Christmas activities this year hopefully without the stress of covid !! List as follows!

- Take children to see the Xmas lights in the city
- visit Santa at the farm
- shopping trip with MIL
- meet my mum for coffee / shopping
- don’t forget the elf on the shelf before bed ha
- make sure DDs write the most important things they want on their lists! DD2 forgot something last year and broke my heart seeing her upset on Xmas night! Think she was just tired and overwhelmed too!
- enjoy every minute of it !
Your list of activities has just made me feel so emotional and excited. I feel like we missed out on all of this last year.

On another note, does anyone use a really good Christmas lists app? I didn’t love the one from last year

I still need to get uniform, I'm so behind and feeling stressed about it.
I did buy 2 new Christmas presents today and one of ds4s birthday presents though.
I've explained to ds1 and ds2 that as they want something quite expensive they'll only have a couple of little other bits and that ds3 and ds4 will have much larger piles. Ds5s will still be quite small due to him being so young still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->