Anyone else think they are eating too much $hit?

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
A bit of a self indulgent whinge really....

As the title says - I'm trying to be good, and am eating salad and fruit, but I'm always still so hungry afterwards, I have to have a bit of chocolate, or a couple of biscuits! Am eating stuff that I haven't eaten for a long time, and where I've been tired and just haven't been doing as much exercise I am starting to feel a bit lumpy! I have made an effort and got go ahead bars and even the lower fat chocolate biscuits, but do you think there is anything wrong with having the good and the bad? Should I just be eating more fruit/veg etc? xx

I don't think it's bad to eat both good and bad, as long as the majority goes towards good. I would go crazy if I was on some strict diet lol :) :)

As long as you're eating a combination of the right things as well as the naughty things you'll be ok. My eating habits are awful (saying this whilst eating chocolate cake : P) xxx

i ate what i felt like within reason in both m last pregnancys and the boys and me were fine atm im just eating what takes my fanci as well as trying to get some fruit and vege in there, its more important that your eating than what your eating if you feel your not getting enough good stuff then keep taking you prenatal vitamins

I do feel like i eat too much rubbish sometimes. Every friday me and my friend go to the chippy for lunch but that is my only takeaway. I have cereal for brekkie every morning. Normally two sandwiches and yogurt and fruit for lunch, and then varying things for dinner. I am definitely eating too much chocolate, i just can't get enough of it at the moment!!

Either way, baby was measuring perfectly at the scan, and i havent put on a single pound in weight, so i guess i must be doing okay!

Thanks ladies - my DH keeps telling me to not worry as he thinks I am eating enough of the good - it's just so hard to not eat all the yummy stuff all the time! I'm eating cereal for breakfast too, then trying to have either a salad or sandwich for lunch with some fruit and then a proper dinner, it's just all the snacking in between, which I never used to do!

Wow - can't believe you are 22 weeks and not put on any weight! I'm 17 and I've put on about 4 - 6lbs depending on the time of day!!

I would say my general diet is pretty good, i make a real effort to eat my 5 a day, but sometimes I do fancy a KFC 1 piece meal or a dominos pizzas. I've tried to make nandos a bit healthier by orderig a chicken in pita with salad instead of chips, but if I fancy some junk I do allow myself, so long as 85%-90% of the time my diet is good. x

You're all doing much better than me!!
I've changed from a proper foodie who loves cooking, and followed Slimming world healthy eating plan, to a complete fussy cow!!
I now never know what I fancy to eat, meaning I'm resorting to junk far too often...
I'm pretty good breakfast-wise - usually beans on wholemeal toast for brekkie (with the occasional danish pastry on the weekend), then I tend to have a salad or something similar for lunch, with some pieces of fruit through the day.
But at dinner time I get really fussy, have no idea what I want and end up going for either something really bland lacking in vegetables (think cheesy pasta or something out the freezer with new potatoes and 1 veg), or opting for a takeaway.
Currently we're probably eating 3 takeaways a fortnight - really not good.
And I've found that I just NEED chocolate more and more - especially in work, I'm much better on the weekends.

Some days I feel hard on myself, others I don't mind so much. I'm taking my multivitamins so I know I'm getting all the things I need, I'm also drinking tons of water, so not worried on that account. And some days I'll happily munch through a punnet of strawberries or cherries.
I keep telling myself I'm determined to plan my food and start doing better, but then I get really fussy again and just can't make my mind up what to eat.

Although I am completely determined to become much healthier once the baby is born - hopefully at that point I can start enjoying my food again!

I do feel like i eat too much rubbish sometimes. Every friday me and my friend go to the chippy for lunch but that is my only takeaway. I have cereal for brekkie every morning. Normally two sandwiches and yogurt and fruit for lunch, and then varying things for dinner. I am definitely eating too much chocolate, i just can't get enough of it at the moment!!

Either way, baby was measuring perfectly at the scan, and i havent put on a single pound in weight, so i guess i must be doing okay!

wow zoe! Ive put on 7kg since my 10 week booking in appt! :wacko:

It doesn't really hurt. As long as you are taking your vitamin everyday and eating the good things too it won't do any harm to indulge in the bad too. I don't think any of us would survive off of the all good diet. At least I know I wouldn't.

I am eating way too much sugar! I don't want to end up with diabetes, but I seem to be having dessert after every meal

i try to be good - but where i have become a fussy person we end up having a takeaway 3 times a week - pizza, indian and chinese. The other nights is my hubby cooking me mash potato with veg and a sausage and the other 3 nights i have spaghetti bolognase (without the meat). I do have cereal at work for brekkie, followed with pure squeezed orange juice and a piece of fruit - at lunch i got for a low fat sandwich or i would take a salad in - every night that i have a meal even with a takeaway i do incorporate vegetables with all my dishes. I eat rich tea a lot to keep the sickness at bay - usually 4 biscuits in the morning and I do eat a packet of crisps every day. I am just giving my body what it wants - have always been a bit of a porker in any case always size 14/16 - weighing in at 11stones and now i am nearly 14 stones - my bmi is just under 30 consultant said its nothing to worry about xxxxx but yes in answer to your question - i never use to do takeaways as I thought then that they were a rip off and slop in a metal tray - now i look forward to them lol x

I eat crap constantly, can't seem to stomach decent food :(

Glad you are all going through the same as me... just seems when I get home and think about tea there is absolutely nothing I fancy!! I've turned so fussy and it's really rare I really enjoy a meal.
Hence the Chinese on Saturday and Domino's Pizza last night !!

I feel horrible when I eat junky food. Not because im pregnant just because it makes me drag and have no energy. Ive always ate good my whole life and always tried to lose or maintain weight, I recently saw that I was eating things I would normally NEVER eat! So I figured if I keep on its going to be awhole lot harder to quit once Im not pregnant any more! So June 1st I started the..NO CANDY, NO SODA, NO FAST FOOD "diet". I was eating candy bars every day and stopping at mcdonalds WAAAAY too much! Soda was only every other day but not pregnant I hardly EVER drink soda so idk whats up with me!

Im also doing a NO CEREAL week. Even though cereal is not bad for you I find myself eating at least two bowls A DAY. So im skipping real meals for cereal cause its easy to make! I only did a week cause I think im addicted, Ive been thinking about fruit loops non stop this week :haha:

I eat crap constantly, can't seem to stomach decent food :(

lol love it - i think i am going to have pizza now and yes am totally with you xxx

hehe glad I'm not alone!
Was eating cool dorritos all day yesterday, love to lick them and then eat them :blush:.
My mum is making me her own chicken jalfrezi tonight nomnom.
anyone else feel like a sick little girl again and mum makes the dinner to settle tummy? lol

I seem to constantly want stodge! I have cravings for Jacket Potatoes at the moment.

I was craving cottage pie yesterday morning, did eat it in the evening though lol.

I do eat a lot of crap but also lots of healthy things so its balanced. We have 1 take out a week and I grill or oven cook all our meals. I have lots of fruit, fresh veg, salad, yoghurts etc but then Ill have crisps or chocolate and crackers with marmite later on in the evening
:s
I was on Weight Watchers before getting pg so the novelty of now eating what I want has taken over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->