anyone else??

Cvining

Reaction score
so i have been getting "tightening"s or contractions i guess, for the past two days... like a lot of them... sometimes they are painful, but other times just annoying... i was really freaked out two days ago when i woke up having them so i called my mum and we timed them and i was having a 45 second contraction every like 4 to 6 minutes... so i was concerned about preterm labor and such... so i called the midwife and they told me to just lie low and drink lots of water and that as long as i wasnt bleeding or having discharge of any kind then i was fine.

so yea, tonight i have had them off and on and they are exausting! my stomach muscles ache like i have been working out, but i still dont have anything else that is abnormal, like disharge or backpain... oh, and the baby is active as ever...

so i was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is dealing with ridiculous braxton hick contractions ALL THE TIME! and if it was a normal thing for the midwife clinic to be totally unconcerned...

Yep I had them back really bad between 30 and 32 wks. They kept me overnight and gave me the steroid shot 'just in case' and told me that they had to hurt and be more than one every 20mins.

Was discharged from hospital but still kept getting exactly the same thing for just over a week. They didn't wanna know tho unless it was hurting and less than 20mins apart.

It's then I found out whoever said BH doesn't hurt is a liar :rofl:

they do hurt!! i feel like i have been working out cause my stomach muscles are tired! its awful... i dont like it at all...

Ive been in preterm labour twice so far ....the advice is if they get to more then every 10 mins for 1 hr to go get checked ....Tnight i am having cramps in tummy and bk and have been told they wont stop labour so to wait it out at home until 5 mins apart contractions which i know is bcos they,ve stopped me twice and ive had steroids for babys lungs but still scary thinkin if these pains turn to labour i could be holdin my tiny baby soon

I had them pretty good on Saturday last week. They were about a minute long and 4-5 minutes apart I believe for at least an hour and then I fell asleep. Since then I've been having them occasionally throughout the day and in the evenings. Last night I had them again at about 10 min apart for a couple hours.

For me they are completely different than BH contractions as they come with cramping! BH are uncomfortable, but no cramps.

snap - me too - today mine have been HORRIBLE! I feel like baby is pushing his head down as hard as he possibly can, and my stomach gets really tight and i get a crampy feeling really low down. :(

I get very bad BH but they are irregular so I'm not too concerned hope things calm down for u a bit xx

I have been getting BH contractions since 27 weeks. And not for less than an hour as most of the books say. More like for 3-4 hours and they come with severe back spasms and cramping.

Last night I had them for duration of the night and maybe got 3 hours of sleep. Still have them to this very moment, but I am not bleeding, mucus plug and water are a no show as well. I find that if I drink a couple of bottles of water and lay down for an hour they tend to ease up.

I guess my body is gearing up for the real thing.

well i think my body is doing some hardcore preperation for labor!!! i have been having them for three days now... i have no pain, no anything other then strong tightenings of my belly... its awful... im so unconfortable and i just want to be comfortable... and i think i have gone pee like 52 times in the past five hours... im sooo irritable... i cant lay down comfortabley because my belly goes all hard as soon as i start moving around... the midwife said not to worry until it started hurting... ugggh! i have an appt tomorrow so i am really happy about that...

I'm sorry you're getting them so badly!!! Wow....

Mine haven't hurt, but sometimes I get them pretty bad, it's like I just did 1000 sit ups!! I get them lots when I'm walking around, or if I realize I haven't been drinking enough water. I hope they don't last too long for you.

xx

I had this, mine were madly painfull!! I went in to get checked out just to get told its nothing and happens to some women and theirs nothing they can do about it either....
hope urs go away, their not fun at all!
x x x x
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back