• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

Hey you- Hope you managed to get out of the house and walking. I know what oyu mean about no money and being stuck indoors! I wish I had a regular income again :(

Heard back from the sure start people and I dont qualify as my contribution based job seekers doesnt count. I may try again when they give me maternity allowance. But I dont think I qualify :(

Just called the hospital and all looks good so far. One protein for inflammation is higher than normal but they need to check levels again Monday and decide if we need antibiotics. I hope it stays clear. The swab was clear so far but they allow that to grow for 5 days so I will ask again about that on Monday.

I ended up doing nice babba things today- washed two loads of clothes for her and all the moses basket stuff so I can get that ready. Need to clear out a bit of space in the kitchen for her bottles, steriliser and breast pump etc. I dont know if I need to sterilise them once for the trip to hospital- in case she doesnt feed off me. Or if she is too early to feed off me- I can use the pump?????? Better get it ready just in case huh?

Are you taking a set of sterile bottles? Now need to find a changing mat- may wait to visit shops on this as I am being fussy! LOL and then some Nursery Ideas. I have done nothing to make it look Babba friendly so I feel she deserves it!!

I hope your boy wants to come out soon. I agree sweeps are natural but it would be nice to have him arrive all by himself. Hope tonights plan of action works :winkwink: A hot Curry as well I heard!

Lets see what happens with Asda too! I really do hope they are paying attention this time and they get your goodies too you. Well done on getting alternatives if they mess up!

I agree on stock piling nappies. It is hard to know what they will be like when they are born. I know mine will be pretty little so that helps but once they are here you don't know how fast they will grow etc so it is hard to judge :wacko:

Back to internet searches. I keep getting distracted with putting washing out, loading up more, sorting out her drawer and making space. I ended up clearing out my spice rack cupboard too :(

Eeek I may be nesting!

Take care and have a good day!

I didn't go out today, but I decided we can go out and do something this weekend, we can put it on the credit card and pay it back on monday.... Cause I realised this is gonna be like the last time we can do something together for quite a while... just the 2 of us.... So we're gonna go to the cinema on sunday!
Gonna see 'how do you know' this new film with reese witherspoon and jack nichelson...

I've been playing this game on my laptop today and now my right hand (my mouse-hand) is all swollen.. couldn't even get my ring off... managed to get it off in the end (hurt a bit but hey!) So I'm trying to keep my hand up now to get the blood flowing down.
It's starting to go down a bit already.

Good going on the washing!! Have you washed everything now??
I'm not washing my moses basket stuff as I will be putting a sheet on it and probably won't use the little 'duvet' thingy that comes with it, will probably just use blankets instead. And we got it from my SIL so she'll have washed it before giving it to us, so I reckon it'll be ok!
And I might not even be using it anyway cause my parents are bringing over the family crib when they're coming over! (we all slept in it, even my mum and uncles and aunties)

Good to hear your results were ok! At least you won't have to go on antibiotics (yet). And it got you some time today to stay in and sort some things out!! :)

About the bottles.... We tried our steriliser, just to see how it worked and stuff, but that's the only reason why I've got sterilised bottles, but obviously they're not sterile anymore... Cause they only stay sterile for 24 hours in the steriliser if you keep the lid on... But at least they've been washed....
I'm not taking any bottles to the hospital though... He should be fine feeding off me, and I'm sure the hospital will be able to provide something if he doesn't - if not, I'll send Jay to the shop to get some formula and get bottles from home. (handy living so close to the hospital!! ;))
But you could use a pump aswell... But as long as there's no problem with your milk coming in she should be feeding alright!!

Just told the hubby he might be getting some naughties tonight ;) haha... Apart from that I'm not sure what to do.... I don't do spicy food so no hot curries for me.... And don't have a birthing ball or spacehopper or something... But I guess I could just jump up and down... or bounce on the bed or the sofa ;) haha :p

Hope you'll wait a little while with the nesting, as they say it usually happens just before baby comes.... I don't think I'll get it, cause I've never been very much into cleaning - I do it, of course, but not as often as some people....
I'll probably have some sort of cleaning session on monday though, so everything is clean just in case he comes and it'll give me something to do, and of course being busy might help him get out aswell!! :p But we'll see how I feel about that idea on monday :p
Gonna have a relaxed weekend first and go to the cinema on sunday :p

What are you upto tonight?? Having anything nice for dinner tonight??
We're having chips and chicken pie.....

Well I'm off now!!

How were your Chicken pie and Chips? Did you eat tons again? I had some potatoe waffles with beans and cheese. DH out (again) can you believe some idiot at his work said- 'to wet the babies head' errrr.. the baby is NOT here! grrrh. Not worth arguing over though.

I watched EE and then sorted out all the washing I did. Like you it was all washed but I put it through a quick wash as I think some of the stuff was stored in bags in the attic etc. The moses basket has a pink coloured set and a white set to it. I washed both but today after all the washing I have discovered I do NOT like PINK! I am going to have to make sure people dont give me too many things in Pink... gross! ha ha.. I am so ungirly huh? I am not sure it is nesting as there are other things to do but I have not really geared up to them. Just wanted these things cleaned and stored so if I have to go in I know where things are.

Thanks for the BF stuff- like you said they should be ok BF but if not they have such small tummies- like the size of a marble I could express by hand and feed her! I am just worrying. My hospital bag is already full and I dont have all my clothes and overnight stuff in there yet! eeek!

I Watched Embarrassing bodies and just came up to chill and surf in bed. That program scares me more than One Born. It really does!!!!

I got a crap magazine called Take a Break yesterday as I was at the hospital for ages. It is so stupppiiddd but great to read as a mindless thing!

I hope Jay was prepared for you night of action :winkwink: and more to the point I hope it works its magic and gets things moving!
I am not sure a hot spicy curry actually works :haha: But a birthing ball/bouncing may do the trick- like you said- bounce up and down! No harm heh?

Oh and whats this game you have been playing? Your arm sounds painful- has the swelling resided?

Hey!

Chicken pie and chips were alright :) Nothing special :p
Started on cadbury's chocolate rolls soon after :p hahaha.... :blush:
Had a shower around 9.30 and then went into bed, watching million pound drop at 10. And some other boring tv while Jay was still playing his game on his laptop.
We did dtd in the end last night, but because Jay had a couple of beers he could go for quite a while (if you get what I mean) and it was getting a bit sore after a while... so we did it by hand after ;) So no benefits of sperm last night, but hey orgasms are supposed to help aswell!! TMI ;)
I did have a bit of a lower backache after, so I reckon that was some BH. But I don't really feel any tightening in my belly when I get that... bit weird
Oh yeah I checked my cervix last night before getting into bed and I could actually feel it (I couldn't last time I tried) and it was soft and I reckon if it was in a bit of a better position I could've slid my finger in, so it's probably about 1cm dilated.... (I think/hope ;)) But at least that's a good sign!

Really hope things start going soon!! Might keep dtd more often :p haha ;)

So you had a night on your own - again!! :( I'd be so bored.....Do you never go out with him?? (even though you can't drink).
I used to like watching embarrassing bodies, but I think it's a bit gross :S I'd rather watch one born aswell :p

Well I'm off... just gonna relax at home with Jay today...

Hey!
How are you today? Hope you are well. It sounds like the ole :sex: maybe working :) I think the Big O helps as does Sperm so win: win I say!LOL Not sure what happens to the cervix at the beginning of labour- does it drop down. I suppose it does :haha: I am not really clued up am I? I think I may be getting some tightenings at the bottom of my uterus. Are they BH? Have you had them?

How is the wee boy today? I hope he isnt giving you too much grief!

We have justt got back from grocery shopping! Wasnt much to get had a look in Wilkinson's for baby stuff but didnt find anything. DH liked the baby bath there so he got that EVEN though we have been donated one!

Been looking for non PINK items as I hate all the pink stuff I am drying atm. Doing another load of washing- blankets, etc today! I have so much pink drying it is disturbing me! I have told DH to make sure he tells everyone to get neutral stuff of things in yellow, green etc. I love all the Dutch stuff my friend from work had for his girl. So much brighter in colour and not PINK!!!

Picked up some maternity pads too- I dont think I can enough of them :)

Resting up this afternoon- may make a cheese vegetable pie for dinner this evening and an apple crumble. I have been craving custard this week and have not had any! LOL.

DH didnt get home until 1.30am last night (or this morning) I wouldnt last that long :lol: He went out in town with his work mates so I would be bored! Tomorrow we are in Blackheath with my bro, his wife and kids so I do get my days out too :) Just he has both! Dont worry I will be doing more for myself in the run up to baby coming. I may book a nice pregnancy massage for myself and a haircut soon. Something nice for me until the babba is here. I have a wonderful lady who used to come to the house but she lives far and is quite expensive. It wasnt a problem when I was working but now we have to be careful with money:(

Anyway enough gassing- I'm off to google a new Apple Crumble recipe! Hope you are chilling with your feet up my love!!

write when you can!

Minimin

Been super bored today... just been laying on the sofa most of the day, staring at my belly.. and staring out the window while waiting for the boy to move...
He's been really quiet today.. he's moving a bit every now and then but not as much as usual... Probably just having a lazy day like his mummy.
I had some backache again earlier and some pain in my bits, but they've gone now... (I needed a no2 so I think that's why they've gone now...) Though they're starting to come back - the backache - but it might be because I'm laying on my back, rather than contractions or something.... :S :( Just give me the friggin contractions already!! :p

I haven't really had BH as far as I'm aware... and if I have had them they must've been in my back.... But I reckon yours sound like BH.... did they hurt?? They're not supposed to if they're BH and they're supposed to be irregular and not increasing....

Hehe I hope people won't give you too much pink stuff then!! I quite like pink... but I wouldn't want all pink items either if we were having a girl...
We've got everything quite neutral aswell....

Oh btw, Jay suddenly said last night that he wanted the LO out aswell :p So far it had just been me moaning that he's gotta come out!! I feel like I'm overdue already (with the way I'm hoping he's coming and being annoyed when nothing's happening) - I forget sometimes that I've still got a week to go till my duedate :p

Glad your OH doesn't just forget about you and goes out on his own all the time!! At least you do go out together getting shopping etc.
Wish we had our car and we could do our own shopping... :( I miss our car!!! Though it helps not having it - with money, and I'll have to walk more which is good for LO coming ;)

Hope you get a nice dinner tonight, after you've rested a bit!! Don't forget to sit down and rest and just relax!! :p
I'm probably making shepherds pie tonight....if I can still be bothered by dinnertime ;)

Ok I'm off now, think I'm gonna lay on my side for a while to see if that makes the backache go or not....

Ohhh I read somewhere that baby goes quiet for a few days before coming! Maybe he is prepping to come out! Oooooooooh exciting. I think my NCT antenatal lady said something like that. Also No2 is a sign- most if you are getting the runs as your body clears out your system!

So sweet that Jay also is getting impatient! I bet he is just as much as you are. I think only about 5% of babies come on their due date. The rest are before or after. So dont give up sending Lucas those vibes :) I am sure he is listening!

Hope the ache has gone and was just your positioning!

I have not made it into the kitchen! LOL- and like you I have no motivation anymore so I dont know what I am going to make. DH is getting on my nerves... it is good when he goes out! I can be left to my own devices :lol:

Better get in the kitchen :( wish DH could actually cook instead of just stuffing his face :(

Minimin

Just make him cook :p Don't give him any dinner if he's not making it ;) Or ask him: so what are you making for dinner tonight?? :p
Jay loves cooking so I picked the right husband :) He's really good at it aswell...
He decided we're having wraps with mince tonight, so I don't have to cook shepherds pie. Best husband ever, right?! ;)

Unfortunately the no2 was normal ;) And the backache has gone aswell, was just the way I was laying I think.... :(
Really wish I'd just get a sign already... even if it's just losing my plug or something!!
Ah well... a week to go, hopefully things will get moving soon!

I'm sure you'll write me loads when you're getting to this stage to ask whether I had any of the symptoms you're gonna be having - as I'll probably have little Lucas before you have your girl.....
Have you figured out a name for her yet??? Might've asked before, but if I did I forgot :p

Ha- no name as yet. A few I like and DH doesnt and vice versa! That will be an interesting one once she is here :)

Yes your DH is fantastic! I wish mine could make something decent. If I want pizza toast, or sandwiches or something to just stick in the oven, he can manage. But if I want something made from pretty much raw ingredients like a mince wrap or something it is hard. He can make pasta from a jar and salad with Garlic Bread! LOL

I like the idea of not giving him anything but he would just have some weetabix or something. He really isnt a foodie as much as I am :(

In the end I made the Quorn Chicken and Vegetables in cheese sauce pie with some quick roast potatoes and Apple crumble (YUM!)... oh my! My feet ache so much after being on my feet!- the inner arches really hurt. I notice this alot more recently. I guess another lovely symptom as I get heavier.

We also emptied out two drawers in the nursery- well DH did the emptying as it was his crap. I sorted the clothes out from the laundry and I then went to cook and thought he was moving more stuff and the twit was going through some old pics he found! arrgghh!

I bet I will be wondering about those symptoms but am sure Lucas will be keeping you so busy you wont have time to answer! Darn I wish I had a way for knowing he was on his way soon. I know I will be going mad when it is my time! so I can just imagine what you guys are going through. I hope you have more fun times planned. I dont think it can hurt and I think it may help things along :) Is he still being quiet? I really do think that is a sign :)

write soon- I hope you have your feet up and are chilling :)

No names yet eh?! Good luck trying to figure one out that you both like... You might have to compromise a bit....
We had a lot of names that only one of us liked aswell.... But we had our names picked even before I was pregnant :p haha

My husband can cook awesome meals!! He makes me nice salmon sometimes and usually when people are coming over we have something special aswell, like when my parents were here he once made this (Gordon Ramsey) lam roast with honey! He loves cooking though...his mum used to be a chef (though he taught himself to cook, with a couple of tips from his mum every now and then).
Funnily enough he's a better cook than his sister, who apparently (according to herself) used to be a chef in a vegetarian restaurant, but Jay said she was more like a sous-chef that just chops the vegetables and that :p She's a terrible cook, I think anyway...

Bet that apple crumble was nice!! I should make an apple pie again soon, or something else.... But I'm scared I won't have time to do it anymore unless I do it this week :p

How nice of your OH to just sit there looking through pictures when he's supposed to be clearing out space :p

Little boy was kicking off like crazy last night.... think he knew his daddy was in a right state... Jay had some beers and that usually makes him want to smoke (and he's quit smoking with patches, but ran out of patches now - get new ones tomorrow), so he was getting really aggrevated and annoyed cause he wasn't allowed to smoke and really wanted one! Luckily he fell asleep really quickly when he laid down... Tomorrow he will have quite smoking for 2 weeks!! yay!! I'm really proud of him!! :)
Anyway like I said, Lucas was going crazy in there last night, just as I was trying to go to sleep again of course!! :p
So far this morning he kicked a bit when I was in the shower and now he's quiet again... We'll see if it's gonna lead to something.

We'll be going to the cinema later on today, in an hour or so. So hopefully the walking will get things moving on a bit more.
Wonder how far engaged he is when I go to see the mw on tuesday!
Someone else who's due in feb. (on the 1 day left till feb. thread) has lost her plug yesterday at 39+1, so hopefully I will soon aswell!! And another 1 or 2 have gone into labour.... I really wonder who of us girls is gonna be the first to have a feb. baby.... There's already been 4 people that have had their (supposed to be) feb. babies!
So mean!! :p

Ok well I'll keep you upto date with any symptoms and that ;)

What are you upto today?? you were going to see your brother and his wife right???
Well let me know how your day was!! I'm gonna make myself some soup and rolls and then start getting ready to go to the cinema - hopefully the loud noises will scare Lucas out!! ;)

Ohhh what did you guys watch? I hope the cinema was enough to get things moving with Lucas! It is mean of him to keep you waiting!
I wonder how long he will be. I keep checking to see if there is any news :) So I can imagine what is going through your mind hun.

Today was nice- they (Bro and SIL with the two kids and my mum) came over late this morning. We chilled here for a bit and then went to a restaurant in Blackheath where we had Sunday Lunch and listen to some live Jazz. It was nice but not really as good as I thought it would be. Thought the Jazz would be better :shrug: Not that i know anything about Jazz!!

Came home and relaxed a bit before dinner- luckily my mum and SIL were here so it wasnt too bad-They did most of it! The only thing being that my MIL was up ( as she can see my mum) and she gets me really mad just existing. She really is stupid! grhhhh :evil:
Still tired after everyone left. DH and I watched PS I love you on telly and I have just come up to bed- Another round of monitoring at QE at 9.30 tomorrow morning. I hope all is well. Babba seemed to be moving ok but I have period like dull pain- not too bad at all- I wonder if i have over done it today :shrug:
Anyway- enough gassing- I hope you had a lovely evening and look forward to hearing about it soon.

Minimin x

We went to see ' how do you know' in the cinema... was alright, but not brilliant or anything...
Unfortunately nothing happened with Lucas....
I do think I've started nesting today though... Like I said: didn't think I was gonna get it, as I'm not so much of a cleanfreak - I hate cleaning at the best of times.... But this morning I got up (at 11.25 :blush:) went to the loo, got dressed and just started cleaning... I felt sooo pumped... really energized...
So started tidying the bedroom, did the washing up, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the coffee machine, the cooker and the fridge. And scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees (advice from the mw to get his back to my front). And then I cleaned the toilets and the bathroom, scrubbed the toilet floor.... Did the hoovering and only just sat down to chill for a minute at 15.05 cause my back hurt really bad...
But in a sec I'm gonna get up, put some laundry on and do the ironing... and then hopefully Asda should turn up with the shopping.. but yeah I've been going a bit crazy.... even cleaned all the cupboard doors and walls in the kitchen :p
So hopefully this will get things going, or is at least a sign that it won't be long now!!!

Glad you had a good day yesterday.... How did your monitoring go this morning??? Hope all is well with the little one... And hope your period pains aren't contractions just yet....
Can you send some my way please?? ;)

I'm off now to get going again :p hahaha.

OMG if that isnt nesting then I dont know what is. Good on the MW for suggesting all fours too. I need to do something about my breech babba this evening too. thinking of getting on all fours when I am chilling watching telly this evening.
As for cleaning- well mine is out the window! LOL- No more nesting. I think that bug is well and truly yours hun! OOOOhhh so excited. If you are normally not in the moodc for cleaning I think it may be a sue fire sign. Did you get much movement of Lucas last night. I would imagine today he has been rocked to sleep whilst you have been busy.

monitoring was fine- more bloods taken and I need to call in tomorrow. Thats for infection as I need to go on antibiotics if I have. Temps indicate I should be ok. All other stuff was fine. just tired once I came home at 12! LOL- so had lunch and surfing internet! Looking up moxibustion that helps turn baby round so called a place that does Chinese acupuncture in Woolwich- about 3x cheaper than the guy I go to in town! I had to cut him off as he really is tooo expensive :)

Hope your nesting continues and it is a sign for sure! I'll let you get back to it babe.
P.s dont work too hard if your back is playing up-get some rest too :)

Dunno how he's been today, as I've been busy... he's wiggling a bit now... pressing nerves down below, not very comfy ;)
I keep telling him he's only allowed to hurt mummy if he's coming out, or when he's coming out! Though he doesn't seem to listen....

Does the whole cleaning thing have to keep going for more than 1 day?? I don't think there's anything left to clean really...
Just put my 2nd load of laundry in the washing machine - should be almost done as it's on short cycle. And got the shopping delivered... Asda did well this time!! :) Only thing we didn't get was crisps, so I guess I'll have to do without or buy some somewhere else...
I think I went a bit mental on the shopping aswell though... you should see the fridge and cupboards!! £135 later.. but it should last us for most of feb. so that's good :) And most of it can be frozen so it won't go out of date :)

Glad you monitoring went fine, and you seem to be all good!! Hope you don't have any infections.. but you didn't last time, so you should be fine now right??
So you're getting a new acu-guy are you?? It's weird what they (say they) can do with acupuncture... like they can help you quit smoking aswell right??
Jay is doing really well quitting btw, he's been off it for 2 weeks now... though still on patches most days... But at least there won't be any smoke in the house with LO here... (which is healthy but also prevents cotdeath).

Are you watching One born tonight?? I am!! :)

pfff.. getting quite bad back pains now... most of it is from being busy (maybe overdoing it a bit) today though... but I reckon there might be a small chance of it being more than that, but I don't really wanna get my hopes up....

oh hun I hope it is more than that.I bet it is hard to gage but I bet all the cleaning and being on all 4's has helped.

woweee £135! I think thats a good idea to stock up. It means you dont have to get out when Lucas arrives (p.s Naughty Lucas hurting mummy-:nope:)

Yeah Acu is supposed to help with that. Have a google and their may be points that you can apply pressure to at home to help Jay. Worth it for free huh?!!:happydance:

I am gonna be watching One born every minute! LOL- something to do huh? I recorded Eastenders too as I was talking to mys sister and so I'm catching up on that before 1BEM!

Chat after! :)

I'm not happy!!
Started timing the 'contractions' and they were irregular, about a minute and a half each and started 9 mins apart, then 5 then 3 then 5 again... But when I got up to go to the loo and had a no2 :blush: and they stopped....
Just had a bath aswell, thinking Jay was gonna put the food in the oven so it would be ready by the time eastenders started (and I got out the bath) but he didn't - cause he 'didn't know' he was supposed to....
So yeah, nothing happening now :(

Time for dinner though, so I'm off!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the 'contractions' will come back....

Wow- thats brilliant they have started- irregular or not! Hope they have returned.
What was for dinner? Sorry Jay messed up :(
Did you watch EE and 1BEM? I was annoyed by that woman singing- watching her is enough to send anyone into labour huh? I think she annoyed me more than the one that was on the first episode of this season, thrashing about.
What did you think of it?

no, nothing's happening... Apart from me crying me eyes out to Jay saying: I want our boy!!!! :cry: haha... oops! Hormones eh?!

Yeah watched both.... Just finished watching 1BEM, cause I watched america's next topmodel first...
That woman was really annoying... not just the singing, just everything... talking all the time, to everyone!! arggh.... :dohh:
I couldn't watch the bit where they cut her open though, was gross :S Glad I don't have to see that and you can't see that if you do get a c-section :p haha

I'm off to bed now cause I'm really tired - probably why I started crying.... haha
Lucas is kicking off in there again.... Just hope something's gonna happen soon!!
I'll let you know when it does :)

Hope you had a good night!! Sleep well!! ;)

Guess you're gonna have to put up with me for another couple of weeks probably....
Just came back from mw, and he's only 2/5 engaged (compared to 1/5 at last appointment 2 weeks ago) and she obviously thinks I'll still be pregnant 2 weeks from now, cause that's when she wanted to see me next.... :cry:
Not happy!!! :cry:

Oh No! Are you sure they don't just put you in for the next booking as it is easier to book and then cancel! I am sure she cant tell from how much he is engaged babe! I thought things can come on and progress fast :hug:

how has Lucas been today? Did you sleep well last night?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->