anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Maria - i have no idea, all i remember is a missed a period in Dec, then AF came on the 9th Jan2012, so right now my cycle is all over the place again....
i noticed i had EWCM and OV pains, but i am not reading into anything as yet. :dohh:

i have quite a few notes and questions written down for my FS, so he can expect a longer than normal consultation with me ... :wacko: :dohh:
I have charted down on a calender, all my cycles, so he can see if there is any pattern at all. :growlmad:

so i am hoping for a informative and constructive consultation,,,,,:thumbup:

Hello Ladies...
I am new to this site and had ovarian drilling on Friday 02.03. I am encouraged by the many positive posts. I will turn 36 on Tuesday and my DH will be 30 in March. My DH has 3 biological children and we are TTC our first. It has been a long road and I am encouraged that the ovarian drilling will be the answer. I look forward to any advice and suggestions. Wishing you all the joy and blessings you can hold.

welcome Agape Love...............

i hope your stay with us is happy but short ......... (gosh that sounds terrible !)
Yes, OD has helped many ladies, i hope you get you BFP soon...

how are you feeling?

Hi Agape - Welcome! :)

I had my OD a week ago today. I hope we all get BFP'S soon! I am 38. Keep us updated with your progress and i hope you aren't feeling too sore post-op! :flower:

Hi girls!

Mommymel!!! Good to see you being so chatty. :winkwink: I'm so glad you have notes to take to your appointment - that is very helpful. I'm anxious to see how that goes!

Janex - It sounds like you're all hooked up with opk's, which is good, because I'm not really one to ask. I used internet cheapie kits and the CB digital ones. Neither have worked really well for me recently, although in the past the cheap internet kits have done the job well enough.

And yes, I mean basal temperature when I talk about "temping". I can't remember though... are you doing that?

Maria - congrats to your friend! Always good to hear of a bfp! Hopefully the spotting will stop and things will go really well for her.

Agape - Welcome! :hi: I hope you have a speedy recovery and get your bfp very soon!

Hi Cridge, thanks for the reply.

I haven't done any temping yet as im not certain if i should be? Also, my thermometer hasn't arrived yet. Im hoping it will be here tomorrow!

I am concerned about this bleeding and im feeling a little down today. Im worried that its going to go on forever, just like it did prior to OD! I know its only been a week but...sigh.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. :thumbup:

janex - I would start temping as soon as you get your thermometer. It might not tell you a whole lot this cycle, but it will really help you next cycle!

Don't worry too much about the bleeding. It sounds like it's on it's way out. Sometimes I'll get to the spotting stage but then bd'ing brings it back a bit. I think that's pretty normal. Give your body some time to heal. I think it's safe to say that almost every woman on here was most stressed the first month (or two) after OD. We expect a lot from our bodies, but we just need to relax and see what happens. Do you have a follow-up appointment scheduled?

My surgeon mentioned nothing about a follow up appointment, but i'm guessing there has to be one, right? He came round after the surgery and told me how it went, but didn't mention anything else.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words and i will be sure to start temping as soon as i can. I'd imagine its gonna take me a while to get my head around it, and understand it fully. :dohh:

Tella- I hope that means good things to come for you :)

Mommymel- :hi: how are you? Good plan to start your ttc kit after your chat with the doc, do you knowwhat your next plan will be? What is in your kit??? I hope the doc gives you plenty of time :hugs:

janex- I would start temping now :) and my stitches were still present just over 2 weeks maybe nearly 3- I just cleaned them and twisted them and they come out..

agape love- I hope that you are recovering well and welcome :)

AFM- I am 5dpo... Nothing really to report here... I am so tired due to having my niece and step daughter last weekend I feel like I could fall asleep they tired me out lol! xx

Wow, think I have Ewcm today! I haven't really paid a lot of attention in the past as didn't really get a lot of cm to be honest. It's a bit gross to say but it definitely resembles egg whites, yuk! And stretches a lot, yuk!

I'm excited, I never thought I would see the day I was excited my my bodily fluid. :haha:

P.s I'm going to go catch up on what's been happening with you all now as not been on in a few days. :coffee:

Scerena, thanks for that. These stitches aren't pretty and im sure i will start feeling a lot less gruesome once they're out lol.

Another thing i will be glad of is to get rid of these surgical stockings. I'm supposed to wear these for 6 weeks post-surgery and they are driving me mad after just one week of them! They sure are passion killers too :haha:

Krazy Kat, that sure does sound like EWCM. It's not something i was familiar about before i joined here, but i am sure i will get just as excited with my bodily fluids as you are! Good luck and FX!!

Kat - great news on the ewcm! As we PCOS girls don't ovulate often I remember every time I saw ewcm and a positive opk I had a party :dohh:

Scerena and Tella - you are roughly the same DPO :happydance: Would be fabulous to get some more BFPs on here!

Agape - welcome to the thread and best of luck!

Jane - I've not heard of anyone not having a follow up appointment :shrug: usually you go back within 6 weeks just to see how you recovered and also discuss next steps. May be an appointment will come through in the post shortly?

Kat - Aww hooray for EWCM get :sex: lol, are you using opks or temping?

Janex- Same as my surgeon, she basically said my op went really well and that was it so i'm assuming they're gunna send out an appointment. My stitches on my belly button have pretty much healed and i'm nearly 4 weeks post op, but the one on my bikini line i had to cut the stitches out yesterday myself as it was get a little infected but its soo much better since i took them out.

Kat- yay for EWCM :dance: exciting isnt it! Get to bd :)

Janex- the stitces are horrible and mine become very itchy in the end... 6 weeks you have to wear your stockings for??? I only had to wear mine for a week I think it was or 5 days- 6 weeks seem along time...

Maria- your bean is a melon :dance: how is your bump coming along? And I didnt realise me and tella are close in dpo yay!

Paula and janex- you should have a post op appointment hopefully you will receive yours soon- mine is 21/02 :)

Paula- are you 5dpo???
X

Still catching up on thread! So much going on and the site keeps crashing :growlmad:

Mariaf, thanks for another good news story, keep em coming!

Janex, welcome! AF for about 4 days after. Had my stitches apart from belly button one on day 5 on advise from surgeon. Belly button one dropped out after about 3 weeks. It may be worth asking about a follow up appointment just so u know what to expect, mine is4 months after op date.

Tella, those pains sound very very promising, Babydust.x

More :coffee: now!

Kat - Aww hooray for EWCM get :sex: lol, are you using opks or temping?

Janex- Same as my surgeon, she basically said my op went really well and that was it so i'm assuming they're gunna send out an appointment. My stitches on my belly button have pretty much healed and i'm nearly 4 weeks post op, but the one on my bikini line i had to cut the stitches out yesterday myself as it was get a little infected but its soo much better since i took them out.

No I stopped using the OPKs a few days after I got the 2 slightly darker ones thinking it might have been around then, now I'm really not sure at all! I am going to start temping very soon, tomorrow morning in fact.

Do u think u OV yet or are u unsure? X

Agape Love - welcome to the thread, good luck and hope you get a BFP soon :flower:

Janex - I had my OD done and they told me I had to wear my stockings for 6 weeks afterwards, but then when I quizzed them as to why they said 2-3 weeks at least. I took them off after 2 weeks as I was starting to be able to move about a lot more. I tried to wear them for longer but they kept digging into me and I woke up in the night with pain where one was digging in, so I decided they were doing more harm than good.

After my drilling, I think I bled lightly for about 10 days. I got a natural AF on CD33 (counting the day of the op as my CD1) which was very light and lasted for 7 days. The stitches are all dissolved now, they had gone after 3 weeks completely. I have had a few issues with infections and now bartholin cysts so I have been on antibiotics for weeks now, plus I am swigging back the probiotic drinks like a mad woman to avoid yeast infections!

My follow appointment with the FS is on Wednesday - what sort of questions should I be asking? I intend on telling him about my cycles post op and asking what the next step is, but is there anything else?

Sorry if I have missed anyone out - the thread has been busy so I will read through and catch up tomorrow :coffee:

MommyMel > Maybe you should try temping now just to get used to it. It took me a month to get the hang of it and not go to the loo before I temp :dohh: Yay your appointment is getting closer and closer :D Ask all you want to know, its what you pay him for.

Maria > Those cramps was 4DPO, im 5DPO today and so far I have had nothing again but doc told me to relax as much as possible from today onwards as it is implantation time :D Im also very positive, this is gonna be my BFP cycle!!!

Janex > I had normal stitches and I hope your spotting also stops soon it can be very frustrating. I only started temping the next month. I don’t temp during AF as I temp vaginally and I don’t like it :blush:

agape > Welcome :hi: Hope you recover quickly and get your BFP soon after the OD.

Scerena > Yay we are actually TWW buddies :) You gonna test early or wait till AF is late?

Kat > YAY, so glad you getting EWCM, I've only had it once and never again. And yes its amazing to get excited about our bodily fluids :haha:

AFM > Not much again, just yesterday I was very tired around lunch time that I actually went and laid down for 30mins. I know it can be the progesterone but im the over optimistic person on here :D and I believe it is true preg symptoms ;)

Tella TWW buddies :dance: well I want to try something new and try my hardest not to test- I dont know if I will do it as I am usually a poas addict but I want to try and not test as I cant stand seeing anymore :bfn: but we will see :shrugg: what about you? Ehat day did you say you will test? How many dpo are you today?

Kyla- when do you finish your most recent antibiotics?
X

Im now 5DPO and 5DPIUI, the doc gave me a bloods order (Beta) for 12DPO so I will be going for bloods on Valentines day. But im gonna test the morning myself with a 10uiml test. Dont want a surprise on the phone wiht a stranger, i rather have it at home. But its gonna be a positive surprise result in anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->