anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

:happydance: great news Tella - really hoping a BFP is just around the corner! Brilliant motility, wonderful positive thinking too.

Cridge - thanks for the accupuncture info, I think I will look into it next cycle and see if it's for me. Boo hiss to DH's "it will happen eventually" attitudes!

MariaF - oh I did smile, my DH has been exactly the same. We will discuss my op, and what it means and what's happening and what might happen next, and when I ask him about it, it's as if we haven't had the conversation! He has no idea, like he wasn't listening, so I will tell him again and then he'll complain I am repeating myself. :dohh: It's frustrating because it makes you feel like you're going through this on your own but I totally would not like those waaaaay creepy conversations about cm etc! :haha:

Arza!!! I am so happy for you! :happydance:

And you are right - this thread has exploded (in a good way!). I check in every few days and find it hard to keep track of everyone. It is wonderful!

I hope you will keep us posted on your progress! Congrats!

:yipee: :headspin: :wohoo:

tella - Yay! :dance: great news with the iui and dh's super sperm! :spermy:

paula - I've heard of people that get better results with opk's in the morning. I might be one of them...??? I have bad luck with them all around, but if I've ever gotten a +, it was in the morning. GL!

Maria - I laughed and cringed reading the story of your 2 friends! I couldn't handle it if dh was like that. I've never been one to talk about cf, poas, even ovulating with dh - it's just easier for me that way. But when I do talk to him about it, I like to think he's paying attention. Now I'll have to go ask him some questions to see! :haha:

scerena - if you're ever ready for NPC, I'm your info gal. :)

Tella - that's wonderful news! Wow, a BFP for Valentine's would be absolutely awesome! Its our 10th anniversary on Valentine's so it would make that extra special even for me :cloud9:

Paula - is this your first cycle after the OD? If it is I think its quite common for the body to keep adjusting. Yes, my OPKs with FMU were always pretty dark! Almost positive, like every day :dohh: This is why PCOS ladies should do them with FMU. Because our LH concentration is higher in fmu, but only because of PCOS rather than because of the surge. But you are having some interesting symptoms!

I wonder how MommyMel is doing - she was going to start charting this month...

And also it would be great to have a quick update from our other graduates like petty, CMPalmer, snflwrgrl and Arza (I know you two do still come on here regularly :thumbup:)

Hello Ladies!!!!:wave::wave:

Tella - Such great news, Love your attitude,:thumbup: and +ve thinking, bless you. You will get ur good news soon, I just know it!!! Here's hoping for a valentine bub :baby:!!!

Kat Crazy - All your symptoms sound soo promising - Good luck chick!!! :p

Paula - Good luck hun, do you use pre-seed, it is really good if you don't have very good CM (*quote* MariaF). Good luck to you too!

Maria - Ur friend and her OH are so funny - LoL! I would hate for my DH to say any such thing infront of anyone except me! Although my hubby is also one of those that you talk to and through!!! So I doubt he would even know what to say! :dohh: No matter how much I explained to him, he still does not have a clue what ovulation is, what OPK's are, when to test, he just goes with the flow, the only good thing is he wanted this bub as much as I did, and that helped, he was on board, just not fully on board if that makes any sense.
How are you otherwise - you need to update ur bump pic!

snflwrgrl - Thanks! So whats the news with you, what stage are you at? Update please.

AFM - No symptoms yet, just got the worst cold ever, and really suffering through it, as it is my habit to reach for the medicine counter and have all the expectorants under the sun and ibuprofen every 4 hours, lemsip etc etc. I like it gone ASAP!!! Now - NO CHANCE!!! I just have to sit through it, it may be getting better - I hope! Having paracetemol, and hot lemon water - YUCK!

Its hard to relax - its like for 4 years all I have done is run around myself trying to figure out what is wrong with me, and now, I just do not know what to do with myself, I feel like I am forgetting to do something, every morning I reach for my thermometer and realise - wait No!!!

Sorry ladies - I feel so guilty writing my progress on here, I do not have a journal (dont know how to start one) and this was the only forum I was connected to really! I am sorry if I upset anyone. I really pray that all of you get ur BFP's soon!

:flower: :hugs: :flower: :hugs:

xxx

Arza, please don't feel bad posting here, it's great for us to hear a success story so please keep us all posted!

I am cd23 today, still feel ill so not in work today, don't really feel sick anymore just aching all over.

My thermometer arrived, can I start mid cycle? Any advise would be very welcome, thanks. X

Arza- I love hearing your updates its gives us all hope :)

Cridge- thanks You can be my info girl I knwo that I will probably need info on it one day :)

Kat- yay for receiving your thermometor :happydance: have you ovulated yet? If not then use it I would lol! You might not get a clear picture this cycle but you can get yourself use to bbt and in a routine incase you need to temp next month...

AFM- girls I think I might have ovulated- if I get one more high temp then I have fingers crossed for me please! That means my opk may have been right after all :happydance: i had such a restless sleep last night I kept waking constantly so not sure if this mornings temp is accurate but that will be confirmed tomorrow hopefully- my chart is in my siggy if you want a peek x

Hi Kat - you can start temping, only to get used to it, (it took me some getting used to) I dont think it would give you anything accurate at this point, and may just have you worried. So use it only to get used to the idea of getting up and first thing taking your temp and then charting that.

It will take 1 cycle to get used to it-so although I have all hope that this is your cycle and then you can put away your thermometer for baby 2 :) u can start properly from the following cycle.

Thanks Scerena. Yay for the ovulation!!! Let us hope this is a sticky bean. GL on your 2WW!!! :0)

Kat - you can start whenever. Starting temping mid cycle won't be informative, but at least you'll get used to it - Im sure you'll forget a couple of times so in fact it may be a good idea to start now. So it's built into your routine for the new cycle (if it ever arrives :winkwink:).

Scerena - YAY for possible ovulation :happydance: So did you carry on with the OPKs then and was one of them close to a positive?

Tella - congrats on being 1DPO :thumbup:

Cridge - any update on the meds situation?

Arza - a cold is also one of the most common early symptoms :thumbup: I never really got too many nasty symptoms - just some nausea which got pretty bad for a couple of days around 8 weeks. My boobs were hardly sore and I didn't develop any strong food aversions. I just craved fast food all the time :dohh::haha: It all really freaked me out and I was desperate for some "proper" strong pg symptoms - not realising how lucky I was :thumbup:

No i gave up with the positive I had on 30/01/12 done one the next day it was light so I gave up I think the positive must of been a real positive hopefully!
Hope you and your little bean are well?x

Thanks for the advise on the temping ladies, will start practicing for next cycle.

Scerena, looked at your chart, no idea what I was looking at :haha: but yay for ovulation!

Random question!! Over the past few days I have noticed an INCREASE in the amount of excess hair I have, I used to get just 2 whiskas under my chin but now have a couple more appear and my upper lip looks hairier. Obviously this is worrying from a looks perspective! :nope: but do you think the drilling has somehow brought this on? Increased my testosterone? :wacko:

scerena - your chart looks great!! you're right, you need another high temp or two to confirm, but it's looking really good. Yay!! :dance:

Kat - I agree with starting to temp now. It won't tell you a whole lot now, but it will still be helpful information come next cycle.

As for the possible increase in testosterone.... my testosterone doubled at my 6 week post op test. I was totally freaked out! BUT, my next test (3-4 weeks later??) was 1/2 of the original amount (so, pre-op it was around 60, 6-week post op it was 120 and next test it was 30). So my theory is that the drilling released all the excess testosterone and that swam around in my system for a bit, but eventually, it ended up lowering it.

I keep a tight eye on my body and symptoms so maybe sometimes I read too much into it, but I believe that the femara is the reason my testosterone eventually went back up... 6 months post op I was back up to >70. :growlmad:

Arza - we love hearing about your progress! Please do stick around and keep us updated!

afm - I got my gonal-f yesterday and took my first injection. Hoping to ovulate in precisely 9 days. hahaha!! :haha:

Cridge, I don't get monitored on the NHS here so I won't know what my testosterone levels actually are. I don't even get an appointment until 4 months after my op! Do you think the potential increase is anything to worry about? Is it something that will prevent me from ovulating?

Good luck with the injections! Not long till OV. :flower:

:happydance: Scerena! Fx'd you have indeed ovulated hun.

Arza - Please still post on here, we're all very happy for you and need to hear success stories to motivate us.

Kat - Funny you should mention about the hair thing. In the first three weeks post op, my leg hair was growing like crazy. It was getting me down as I couldn't bend to shave it or lie on my tummy for a wax. It looked awful and I also seemed to have a growth spurt of crazy hairs on my tummy to :blush: but it seems to have settled down now. I don't get monitored for testosterone, but I agree with Cridge, hormones were released after the op which I am blaming for the growth spurt.

Good luck Cridge with the Gonal-F, I am following your progress with interest as I think this was the plan my FS has for me in the future.

Well ladies, I had to go back to the Dr this morning as I have now developed bartholin cysts. :dohh: Very painful and frustrating, Dr has given me another course of antibiotics, different ones I had to stop taking earlier in the week. It's certainly been an eventful few weeks for me! I'm really glad I am only early in the cycle as the whole area is way too sore to :sex: :dohh:

Arza - I know exactly how you felt. I couldn't believe it when I got my BFP and still didn't believe it until I had my first u/s and saw the heartbeating. I also had a horrible cold and then it went away, but came back Christmas day and lasted for about a month! (probably because I couldn't take any meds) YUCK! I think I had every symptom in the book, nausea all day since week 6, stronger sense of smell, sore boobs, headaches (I rarely get headaches), back ache, etc. I didn't have these symptoms until about week 6 and most of them are still hanging around. I am currently W13 D3

It is hard to post updates on here because I don't want to upset anyone either. I just hope it gives you all hope and something to look forward too, but probably not the symptoms! :haha: I told myself and prayed that I will suffer through all the horrible symptoms if I could just have a healthy baby. I hope that is the case.

It is great to have another OD graduate. I hope there are many more to come SOON!! :hugs:

Kat- :haha: you will understand soon It takes alot of getting use to :) It may just be you hormones trying to adjust dont worry too much hun :hugs:

cridge- Thanks hun, I put a dummy temp in just to see and I need one more high temp so please have you fx'd for me tightly- I think I will cry if it is low as I have got my hopes up now!
How are you finding the gonal-f? How exciting! And 9 days is not long at all- what is your bd plan???

Kyla- OMG hun :hugs: The amount of anti biotics you have had to have :( I hope you feel better soon- definately a rough few weeks for you :hugs:

snwflwr- :hugs: love to hear everyones updates :)
x

Kyla - I hope you're taking some major prebiotics to compensate for the antibiotics! You don't want to have to deal with a yeast infection as well!!! I'm so sorry you've got one more thing to deal with. :hugs: I hope you don't have to follow me down the gonal-f path. :winkwink:

scerena - my fingers are crossed very tightly for you! With 2 high temps, I think you've done it!

The gonal-f is great so far...but I've only had one shot. I'll take my second in about an hour. I was fairly dizzy last night and this am, but I'm pretty sure that's not from the gonal-f. Not sure what it's from. :shrug: I don't remember having any side effects at all from fsh.

To all the preggos - we love hearing from you! Please don't feel bad about updating us. You give us hope that we can join you soon!

Cridge- i hope that my body did it too...
Can I ask a kind of personal question?- what are the injections like? I am wondering incase the fs gives a form of injection for an option like the old fs was going to... I cant imagine doing them myself I know right whimp!

So how many days have you got to do that for??? Xx

Arza > Its funny, im almost wishing for a cold so that my immune system will be lower and bean can implant easier :) Please don’t feel guilty, if all the success cases where to disappear from the thread it will be a very morbid thread, being reminded of the success makes everything a lot easier to deal with!

Scerena > :wohoo: you got your crosshairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have your bases covered now we just pray for a bfp!!!!! Relax and don’t stress to much in your TWW.

I did my first ever injection when I had to do my trigger. And after putting Ice on it to numb it, I didn’t even feel it.

Cridge > Fx'd for a O in 8 days!!!! Im so excited that you have started now and your BFP is around the corner.

Kyla > Im so sorry you are going through all of this :hugs: Fx'd they disappear quickly!

Snflwrgrl > Some goes to you please don’t leave us. Plus we want to see the OD babies!!!!

AFM > Not much, the occasional twitch, still very positive :D

I went past the shops yesterday to buy chocolates for me and DH to countdown till we test. Found a box with 12 hearts in it, which is perfect as doc gave me a bloods order for 12dpIUI. But then I also saw a Valentines snow globe that you can put your own photos in. Now, Im thinking of a cute way to tell DH it is positive in 10days time. First I thought about telling him he must POAS with me because im to scared to do it alone and then swap the two test. This obviously after I know it will be +. But now I thought about taking a photo of it and putting it in the snow globe, it even has little hearts inside that float :lol: Which option do you guys think is the cutest way to tell him? Or should I combine the two and pre make the snow globe and hand him that when we go back to check the tests?

:dance: ACCORDING TO FF I OVULATED ON WEDNESDAY :happydance: so I puy my positive opk in after I got my crosshairs and the o day stayed the same :) Im officially 3dpo yay! So Happy!

Tella- I know I am so happy :) the injections sound ok then! I havent even been offered them yet I am scared- I think its because my other fs said about them to me for after the op!
So how are you feeling? I like the snow globe idea that is so cute :) and yes you could do both ideas if you have enough time! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->