anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi everyone thought I'd let you know I tested again this morning and BFN on a clear blue (not digi) but still no af i dunno if maybe I'm only gonna have one normal cycle after the OD and I've now gone back to not having periods?? I'm going to ring my fs office today and ask if I should start the cyclogest to being on af. Gutted. but if I get af later then there's a chance I can start gonal f earlier than planned as my fs is away at the minute and that's why I had to wait until may to start the injections/follicle tracking.
I'm still baffled about that bfp last Tuesday tho

Hi MariaF thanks for suggestion. Actually i am affraid about the chemical which they put during operation. I think this chemical will be out after one cycle. Am i right? If i try this same cycle and i will get preggo then this chemical can aborted me again which is very scary for me. This is my thought i am not sure. Hi LEPEAR i am new so i don't understand the meaning of bding. :p Hi SCERENA my doc told me when my bleeding will stop properly means at 11day of my cycle he will operated me. So 6th april is my day 11. Now see what he recomand for me.

Bd stands for baby dance, i.e. making love!
Not sure about the chemical, do you mean the dye they use to check tubes? If so, there is no problem with this, it would not affect a pregnancy.

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting. I had od on march 28. I've tried rounds of clomid up to 150mg with no ovulation- I get 0.2 and 0.9! It's a bit scary for me. Hoping the surgery will work. Does anyone know of this working for thin women with absolutely no response to clomid? Tried metformin as well for 2 months, just to give it a go but nothing.

Hi Emel, welcome. Your story sounds very similar to mine, see my signature! Od has a better success rate with thin women i believe. It also makes you much more likely to ovulate on clomid after the od if you were resistant before.
Keep us updated with how you get on, i had od 2 days before you and am hoping I'll ovulate on my own!

anupur > Welcome :hi: , GL with you surgery on Friday. Hope you recover quickly and get a quick bfp. We managed to BD about a week after the OP, I just waited for the stictches to be removed first. We have a few girls that concieved the first cycle but I think the most of the girls with BFP first experienced a balance in their hormones before their bfp's came along. This is a lovely thread and the ladies are very supportive. Wish you all the best! :dust:

If the chemical was unsafe to try after the op, the FS would tell you not to try and to rather prevent. And mine didn’t say anything and I havent heard anyone mention anything.

rach > Welcome :hi: , the risk on the surgery as far as I know is very low. And I believe every girl on here has had some positive changes in their cycles after the OD. There is only a few of us that hasn’t fallen yet. and most only got their OD not to long ago. I didn’t respond to 50mg or 100mg, but I took 6 months to decide on the surgery but im not sorry for one moment as I know ovulate on my own and have natural cycles without meds.

Emel > Welcome :hi: , Hope you recovering quickly and get onto BDing soon! It helped me immediately, I didn’t O on my own neither on Clomid 50 or 100mg and my FS didn’t want to go to 150mg. The OD has helped me O on my own :dance: and my cycles are regulated on about 33days. I have also used Clomid again after the OD and I responded very well on 50mg.

Rockabilly > It seems like you might have had a chemical, I would wait on the cyclogest and give your body chance to kick back into gear. If it was a chemical your progesterone must still drop and only after that will you get AF. :hugs: It is hard I know, hope you can wait a bit and start with Gonal F next cycle.

Scerena > Any luck with AF yet?

MommyMel > How you doing? Hows the meds treating you?

Maria > How you doing, im missing your posts in your journal!

And all the other girls, miss you guys and hope you come and surprise us with a BFP soon!

AFM > My tubes was checked during my lap, so I didn’t need to do a HSG seperately.

Otherwise Im now 4DPO and 6DPTrigger and my trigger is almost out of my system :dance: so now im ready to see my bfp fade back in :winkwink:

Rocka - Im so sorry you are still in suspense :nope: Perhaps it was a faulty test?? Are you temping?

Emel - Im a thin PCOSer. Although Clomid did work for me, I stil didn't get pg on it. My worst PCOS symptom was the acne :wacko: They were ridiculous! The OD really helped clear my skin and helped me ovulate on my own. It still took us 8 months after the OD to get pregnant though. With Metforming you really need to stay on it for a minimum of 6-12 months to see any effects. So Id say OD + Metformin + potentially Clomid should kickstart your ovulation. Also, once you start Metformin and get pg - you can't get off it throughout pregnancy.

Anupur - no, I haven't heard about any chemicals that take a month to clear out of your system :shrug: My Dr just told me that as soon as I was physically fit again it was OK to start trying.

Rach - the risks of the OD are just like with any other surgery. I had two laparoscopies and each time I totally freaked out when I read the list of potential risks :wacko: Doctors must warn you about there but the risks are really low. Make sure you go to an experiences surgeon and ask how many times did things go wrong for him/her. Mine told me that out of over 1000+ laporoscopies he did only once they accidently hit someone's artery. All ended well nonetheless :thumbup:

Many Thanks for the replies, I'm just keeping my figures crossed this will work for me feels like its never gonna happen. :nope:

My doc has told me that if this doesn't work for me then I can go for IVF how long will they wait to see if it does work? is it safe to keep trying shortly after if you are up to it?

Rach - you can normally try pretty much straight away. On average ladies are sore for about 10 days (can be longer). Personally we BD'ed 12 days after the op.

They say that you should give yourself 3-4 months after the OD without any drugs. May be even 6 months. Because it can take a while for your body to adjust and for the OD to take effect. Then if you are still not ovulating on your own, Clomid usually helps.
But normally doctors allow around 9-12 months after the OD to see how things progress before moving onto IVF. Although I thought before that they would try IUI with injectibles :shrug: This was the plan for me. I had OD in March 2011, and we were supposed to start IUI i October/November 2011. Except I got my BFP in October.

How is your weight? OD does tend to work better if your BMI is less than 30.

Sorry if I am being stupid but what is IUI??

My weight is ok I did read that it is best to lose a little before the op, my BMI is around 27.

THANKS ladies for all the SUPPORT and HUGS!!! I really appreciate it!!!
I am doing much better today and i am back at work.

Welcome to all the new ladies!
Hope everyone is doing GREAT!

Rach - IUI is Intra Uterine Insemination. It's when you still have injections to stimulate follicle growth, then regular scans to monitor follicle growth, then when you have 1-2 mature follicles hubb gives a sample, they prepare it and inject right inside the uterus using a catheter (sp?). So there's no egg retrieval like with IVF.

In the UK the NHS usually offers 3 free rounds of IUI followed by IVF. But IUI is only worth doing if DH's sperm is more or less OK!

Keisha - thinking of you girl :hugs:

:hi: everyone. thanks for replies. I am really happy to know that i can bded in this month. I am feeling well now. Actually i feel frusteted in those days. I was worked in a private firm but i resign the work last month because everyone my frnds my family says that last misscarriage coz is journey. This time i should rest properly after saw bfp. :cry:

Anupur - it's such a shame you had to leave work :cry: But stress is defnitely a negative factor when TTC and also in pregnancy.

I am still in a full time job and 6 months pregnant. And let me tell you - some days are tough. All I want to do is sleep/be in bed. Yet I have to answer stupid questions, put on a smile and do work - even though I hate the idea of it!
I know not everyone can afford to resign financially but if you can - it may certainly help with the pregnancy!!!

mariaf i was worked when i was pregnant. I do everything safely at that time. My doc told me to rest for 1st 3months but i cannt do. :cry: My blood sugar rise for stress of work. I took every precaution to make a successfful pregnancy but cant. :sad2: this time i dont want to take any kind of risk. I know after having baby i will find a suitable job. But now i have to prepare for pregnancy. i want to be a mom just mom now. I dont want to resign bcoz i love to work but extra stress can prevant pregnancy and i dont want to do a bit of mistake this time. I want to cross happily full term pregnancy and want to see my :baby: now i take rest at home and strictly follow a diet. My blood sugar is now low. Maria actually i think my decision is right to leave my work for sometime not for whole life. U r lucky that u are able to do work with pregnancy. If i didnt misscarried i will now 7months preggo. Congratulation to be a mom :haha: many :hug: to u.

anupur > Welcome :hi: , GL with you surgery on Friday. Hope you recover quickly and get a quick bfp. We managed to BD about a week after the OP, I just waited for the stictches to be removed first. We have a few girls that concieved the first cycle but I think the most of the girls with BFP first experienced a balance in their hormones before their bfp's came along. This is a lovely thread and the ladies are very supportive. Wish you all the best! :dust:

If the chemical was unsafe to try after the op, the FS would tell you not to try and to rather prevent. And mine didn’t say anything and I havent heard anyone mention anything.
:kiss: Tella i pray for u to get ur bfp this time. Many many baby :dust: :dust: to u. Last time i got my bfp after iui 11dpo. i was really surprised and happy at that time. tella do u know anyone who get bfp stright after OD?

Tella> that's what I'm starting to think I can't do anything but wait as my fs is away for 2 weeks and there isn't anyone covering her clinics so they're called off I spoke to one of te secretaries and all she said was to ring my gp I can't see what they can do. I have 2 weeks until my doc is back so gonna see if at shows up.
MariaF> I haven't been temping I tried before but before the op and before I shed a few llbs (4 Stone) my temp seemed to be all over and I could t really pinpoint ovulation but that's probably because I may not have ovulated?! But might dig out the thermometer!!

Maria- I think my af came about 5 days last year after taking provera but I want it to come very soon! How are you?

:hi: and welcome to rach and emel :)

afm- finished provera on sat night now waiting on af nothing new for me :(
Me and oh booked a holiday today- going to the dominican republic for 2 weeks for oh's bday on the 21st of may :dance: cannot wait and hope the focus of the holiday takes my mind of ttc a bit :)

Hi Ladies...

Had second scan today CD16 and follies are still too small (12-14) and need to be 18-22. Dr wants me to start 100mg Clomid and 500mg Metformin. I am still keeping hope that follies will continue to grow and I can get a positive OPK.

I won't see Dr for two weeks and I will continue to BD. DH is very supportive and tells me not to worry it will happen. I am glad he is so optimistic and I am trying to stay that way as this is only our second month of ttc.

Any information on Metformin will be get greatly appreciated.

Wishing all you ladies lots of babydust and sticky vibes.

Hi Ladies - Welcome to the newbies.

This past week has been pretty crazy, so I haven't been able to read all of your posts.

Keisha - I am so sorry for your loss, I am glad to see you are back to work and doing ok. You are so strong.

I am feeling a bit confused/sad today. I had to go to a follow up appointment from my ultrasound last week. They were checking on my short cervix. As it turns out, it has gotten even shorter. Doctor has put me on moderate bed rest, but I think she really wanted to put me on strict bed rest, with possible hospitalization. This doctor was not my regular ob/gyn, but I have an appt with my ob/gyn tomorrow. I have so many questions for her. Hopefully she can calm my fears, but I don't think it will be a good visit. Saying lots of prayers tonight.

I am so attached to this little guy and so far he is healthy. I hope my body can hold him in long enough to deliver a healthy baby!

Agape - if you still can - ask the Dr for Extended Release Metformin, not the regular one. The side effetcs from the Extended release one are so much better than from the regular one! The regular one can give you severe vomiting, diarrhea (sp?), headaches and geenrally make you feel lik p** for the first few weeks.
It;s important to start on a small dose (500mg a day) and then move up to about 1500mg a day.

Snflwrgrl - I was just thinking about you. Goodness, this is so scary and frustarting :nope: But as least they are monitoring you. Over here I had to beg for them to check my cervix and in the end had to pay for a private scan. My Mum lost her first baby at 18 weeks because of a short cervix which doctors believe was driven by PCOS. Yet my Dr said there's no connecttion :growlmad: I still don't believe that.
How short is it right now? You know that you should ask for a stitch and that shuld let you carry to term! Plus the progesterone and bed rest. It's not nice - but should defintiely help :thumbup:

Ill be thinking of you :hugs:

:hi: ladies i am scared about OD. I now just want to pass away the 6th april as soon as possible. I can't imagine how will i feel after od. My hubby told me everything will be fine and think positive.
Hi snflwrgl i think u should take proper rest now and also progesterone & all other necessary meds. God will be take care of u and ur baby.​
Agape i am taking metformine 850mg twice per day. I started it 2yrs ago. I read some details about this med that it can keep u underweight. The pco patient has risk of type 2 diabets for high insulin. This med help low blood sugar​
scerena go and enjoy ur holiday. Just forget ur ttc for sometime.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->