anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Miracle19 - I hope you're tummy button recovers nicely. My GP doesn't usually do phone calls but I phoned up the receptionist, explained that the hospital said I might need antibiotics after the op and did I need to "bother" the GP with an appointment. I didn't it seems, as they knew I'd had the op. But either way, they worked a treat. How are you doing otherwise?

Charbaby - Congratulations on the weight loss. Do you mind me asking which diet you followed? I've lost previously on South Beach Diet and I've been low carbing/low sugar plus gym, swimming and zumba but my weight is staying the same. Someone told me yesterday though I need to drink more water and that might help, so that's my plan from now on!! Hope you'll stay with us on this thread to keep us posted on how you're doing.

Ladies - how are you all?

AFM - CD26. BFN. :cry: Will test again tomorrow or Friday, but not expecting anything as I don't have any symptoms. :dohh:

I was told by the f/s no carbs or sugar obviously it would be too hard to follow that religiously but I do it as best I can, I have no potatoes/pasta/white bread/chocolate/sweets. My diet mainly consists of meat and veg, 2 meals a day no snacks. I do treat my self once a week to something I really like. exercise wise I do 30 minutes on an exercise bike every night plus I cut out all short journeys in the car and only drive when I really have to. This is the thing with pcos it sucks big time because even losing weight is a major struggle! x

:hi: mommymel! Glad to hear you're enjoying your break! I had years of breaks but I was ALWAYS hoping to miraculously get pregnant, so I know exactly how you feel. :hugs:

Kyla - I'm so sorry about the blood result! I felt the same way after OD - I gave it a month and then went straight to Femara. Nothing on 2.5, 5 or 7mg. It's so frustrating when you feel like you're doing everything you can and still your body doesn't respond. :hugs: You'll make it through this! Just keep plugging along and eventually you'll find something that works!

Anupur - I'm sorry you had to start provera. I hope it works quickly for you so you can move forward!

LPear - I'm glad you have a plan of action! I hope you don't need to go that many cycles on clomid though. :thumbup:

AFM - Thought I should share that we confirmed today that baby is a boy!

Cridge - Thank you :hugs: Aw a baby boy!! How marvellous!

Charbaby - Thanks also to you, I'm going to try a no sugar/no carbs diet and see how I get on. PCOS does suck with the weight loss thing, people assume that I am greedy and/or lazy because of my size and that really bugs me. How are you?

Anupur - :hugs: We are a pair aren't we. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait long before we start ovulating and get our BFPs. I don't have much of a plan now, I guess I will wait for AF to show up - no one has ever suggest provera to me, perhaps I will ask if AF doesn't shoe in a week. Next cycle will be the same, ongoing Metformin and 2nd cycle of 5mg Femara.

Miracle19 - Thanks :friends: Are you being monitored at all for your next few cycles?

Maria - :hi: Yes, this was my first Femara cycle. I had the choice between Clomid or Femara, and we went with Femara because I hadn't always ovulated on 100mg Clomid. Now I don't know if I've done the right thing. :shrug: They're not monitoring me at all, so no idea if I produce any follicles. I might ask at my next FS appointment if they will monitor me.

Does anyone remember me saying I'd got a "second" 50% of control line faint OPK a few days after the first one? I'm holding onto the hope that perhaps I ovulated late. Just waiting for AF to show up. I'm trying hard not to cry, I feel on the point of tears about this lately, it just seems so far away. :dohh:

kyla - yes we r pair now. It will be fun if we will both get our bfp next cycle. I will start some excersize and walking though my bmi is normal. Dont be upset. If u do that then good hormone cant work properly. So be cheerful :) . I know at that moment its realy tough but u have to do it.​
cridge - congrates. Wow Baby boy hun. I have a dream that i have a little girl whom i can make up dressed up like a little angle and a little boy whom i can make smart lovly handsome man. :oneofeach:
mommymel - hope that this break will help u to get miracle bfp. Have fun.​
maria - you r just 5week away. :hugs: for u.​

Kyla - is there any way that you can get monitored? Are you still taking your temp at all? I see you have a half filled in chart. :winkwink: I hope you did ovulate! FX'd!!

Anupur - your dream will come true eventually! The hard part is not knowing when!!

no no monitoring...at all.
in fact gonna talk to my doctor on tuesday as i don't think i have had very good after care.
the anaesthetist came to chekc on me after op but didn't see surgeon again and have no idea if op was a success. Was just told i would get an appt through from consultants in 6 months time...6 months seems an awfully long time but i wasn't really in my right mind to discuss it then.
no blood tests to check ov etc. I think they just gave me OD to keep me quiet and hope that either i will get pregnant or give up. Either way they won't be needed again.
Gonna focus on continuing weight loss journey and getting that BFP and hope that i don't need them again,

Cridge - congrats on baby boy news how lovely! xxx

Thanks Cridge and Anupur. :hugs: I must start temping again and filling in that chart. I suppose I felt fed up of monitoring so closely, but it is a good indicator. Anupur, you're right, being stressed isn't good for me.

Miracle19 - Are you in the UK? It's fairly normal to be given a 6 month follow up, but many of us get frustrated before then and feel that it's way too long to wait. I think the 6 months is to allow for our hormones to settle down and hope that we have falled pregnant by then. In any case you should receive a letter from your FS if they didn't speak to you detailing what they found, I'd give your FS a call and ask where the info is. If you don't get anywhere, go and make a fuss at your GP as the consultants notes ought to be on your medical records. FX'd that no news is good news though. :thumbup: Good luck.

thanks Kyla. I pretty much knew what they would fid anyway as i have quite severe PCOS - they saw it at last internal scan I had in December. And on previous HSG etc. they saw no blockages so like you say i suppose if there was anything different they would have told me...
Really praying that before appt I am pregnant would LOVE it. just got to get on it so to speak...poor hubby he won't know whats hit him. OPKs still getting darker. Todays was darkest not quite as dark as control --- would be on CD10/11 now i suppose...so told hubby (he says he is knackered tonight - he works shifts LOL) that tomorrow is the night...might get him something nice for tea as a treat...spoil him, romance him LOL! :winkwink:

Hi, its been a while since I've been on here. Can I ask a quick question of you girls please.

Have been ttc now for over 2 years without success. I ov, bloods have shown this, have had HSG done in February, all clear, and consult now wants to do OD and I'm a bit apprehensive. I had previous lap done about 3 years ago, we werent ttc at that stage but it didnt show any problems with endo etc. My last 1-3 day bloods werent totally conclusive according to the consult for pcos but I didnt get to speak to him, just his registrar who wasnt able to give me any more info.

Basically my question is have any of you girls been ov'ing and had the drilling done? Has it been successful or not? Would you recommend having it done?

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused with it all, yes I want BFP so desperately but dont want to put myself through the lap if its not going to make any difference given that I already ov :shrug:

Hi and welcome Cullen44.

Are you also having ovarian drilling done? As you know, the lap is usually done for diagnostics and to check that your fallopian tubes aren't blocked in anyway. Sometimes, it is enough just to give them a clear out.

With PCOS we get a thick coating on our ovaries which sometimes stops the egg from releasing properly and ovarian drilling breaks up what coating. After it has been done, you are more likely to respond to fertility medication such as clomid or letrozole.

I would make enquiries as to exactly why they think the operation will benefit you when you are already ovulating before making a decision.

Miracle19 - any news on your OPKs? :winkwink:

Hey no positive yet but gonna try again today so we shall see...fingers crossed. Tried the BD last night but it was a bit uncomfortable not just cos of scars but also the heat...shouldn't complain but it was bloody hot. LOL!

Miracle19 - FX'd for a positive soon (and some cooler nights) :haha:

How's everyone?

AFM - After two weeks of weighing the same day after day despite diet and exercise, I finally got a weight loss today of 1kg. :happydance: It's only small, but it's a breakthrough. Other than that, no news. CD32, BFN. Just waiting for the :witch: to show up so I can try my second femara cycle.

kyla- congratulation for weight loss. Continue your excersize and diet. It will also help ur hormone to do work properly. I really happy for u. :thumbup:
miracle- everything crossed for ur positive opk. By the way where do u live?​
cullen - OD is specially treated to pco patient. If u ovulate then i think ur egg releas properly which a pco patient cant. Ask ur doctor to know more. He will show u the right path and answer ur all question rightly.​

fab news Kyla on the weight loss it is so frustrating when you get stuck on a weight isn't it. I have had that MANY times.

We managed to BD yesterday afternoon (sorry you didn't need to know) he was on lates so he was home during the day luckily. All fine, no pain so just keeping fingers crossed. Still negative OPK and seemed a bit light yesterday so am hoping that either I missed the positive the day before or that my body isn't going to mess me about AGAIN!

Anupur - I live in Essex, England.

Right off to get up and dressed.

Meant to say I am on antibiotics now as got infection in belly button...oh joy!:shrug:

:wohoo: I got my :bfp: this morning! :wohoo:

Obviously, it's very very early days so I'm nervous. I'm on CD34.

Just a bit about me for people reading this looking for hope:

DH and I have been TTC for 2 years and 3 months. I have PCOS with long, anovulatory cycles. 8 rounds of clomid last year, hit and miss with ovulation. OD and Lap done, 29th Dec 11. Since then, not ovulating on my own. This was my first round of Femara at 5mg days 2-6 and Metformin at 1650mg a day. I must've ovulated late, as my CD21 progesterone was 4.3. I didn't ever get a truly positive OPK but I did get faint positives, some around CD17. I've had BFN on i/c tests, until two FRERs and 1 CB Digital confirmed a :bfp: this morning.

So there IS hope for us all :hugs: Sending lots and lots of baby dust to everyone waiting for the BFP too.

:dust:

Miracle19 - great news about the antibiotics, they'll clear that up in no time.
Anupur - :hugs: What's new with you?

:wohoo: I got my :bfp: this morning! :wohoo:

Obviously, it's very very early days so I'm nervous. I'm on CD34.

Just a bit about me for people reading this looking for hope:

DH and I have been TTC for 2 years and 3 months. I have PCOS with long, anovulatory cycles. 8 rounds of clomid last year, hit and miss with ovulation. OD and Lap done, 29th Dec 11. Since then, not ovulating on my own. This was my first round of Femara at 5mg days 2-6 and Metformin at 1650mg a day. I must've ovulated late, as my CD21 progesterone was 4.3. I didn't ever get a truly positive OPK but I did get faint positives, some around CD17. I've had BFN on i/c tests, until two FRERs and 1 CB Digital confirmed a :bfp: this morning.

So there IS hope for us all :hugs: Sending lots and lots of baby dust to everyone waiting for the BFP too.

:dust:

Miracle19 - great news about the antibiotics, they'll clear that up in no time.
Anupur - :hugs: What's new with you?

oh my gosh ...... finally a :bfp::wohoo::headspin::yipee:
congrats hun.............. this is so fantastic ..... i am super happy for you !!!!

awesome news..........
i wish you a happy and very healthy 9 months,,,,,,
this is your forever baby...... mwah mwah :hugs::hugs::happydance::hugs:

kyla congratulation. :flower: Its a great news. Take lots of rest hun. Really happy for you. I took provera from 25th may to 29th so waiting for af. Do you posted this news to scerena's journal? pls post to her, she will be happy to hear this. Do u call ur doctor? Set ur appointment with him and do which he advise to you. Also ask her about your diet and excersize.

:thumbup::happydance::happydance::hugs:

So happy for you that is brilliant Kyla. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->