anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Thanks kyla went in all prepared and the doctor is so nice I was attending a maternity hospital who deal with infertility they only do clomid and od then it's off to a different clinic who deal with iui and ivf so the doctor himself said the next step is iui we were referred to the new clinic to start iui my husband has to have his semen checked and I got a blood test which gets sent to London to check my egg reserve ! So from here on I'll be paying for everything :-( do doctor said we were the perfect couple for iui as our age is could he just said try get my bmi down more so we have our first consultation with the new place in jan so im gonna relax and focus on my weight until then prop won't start iui until feb / mar

Cullen - glad your app went well - as the others have already said it is early yet for a heartbeat so i wouldnt worry :flower:

bride to be - thats great your doctor was nice, makes such a difference when you think someone genuinely wants to help! hope it works out for you hun

As for me, i couldnt resist and took a test tonight :wacko: i think i can see something. ive posted a piccy on the testing thread if anyone fancys giving me an opinion please

hope everyone is well :hugs:

Bride - Glad it went well. A pain that you'll have to pay for everything, but it's a great plan to start the new year with. :flower:

Henry - :happydance: I had a look at the pic of your FRER, that looks like a BFP to me!! Have you retested? Sending you lots of sticky baby dust
:dust:

Thanks Kyla, yea i did another two which looked exactly like the one in the picture. Going to do another one in the morning and see what thats like.
Going to pick up a didgi at the start of the week - think i need to see the word 'pregnant' to believe it! Got my post op appointment on Thursday night so i imagine he will do a blood test too.

Thanks kyla in ireland we have to pay for everything so we need to come up with a plan for how many iuis we will do etc before the dreaded ivf !
Henry how can I see the pic ? Was this just a clomid month ??

Bride to be - this is a pic of this mornings test. No clomid, natural ovulation after the od :happydance:

Attachments

• photo (29).jpg
    photo (29).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 4
Henry - :happydance: Still looking like a BFP to me, how many dpo are you?

im 12dpo now. terrified in case anything goes wrong! i have a couple of questions for you kyla if thats ok?
are you considered a high risk pregnancy because of the pcos? also when was your first doc appointment?
:flower:

im 12dpo now. terrified in case anything goes wrong! i have a couple of questions for you kyla if thats ok?
are you considered a high risk pregnancy because of the pcos? also when was your first doc appointment?
:flower:

Hi Henry, of course it's ok. :friends: No, my pcos on its own doesn't class me as high risk. I did have a high starting BMI of 37, and so I needed a Gestational Diabetes test for that reason, I think they offer the test to lean pcosers too in some areas due to insulin causing us to be at higher risk of GD. I am also seeing a consultant throughout the pregnancy because of my high BMI (although I have actually lost weight during this pregnancy and now my BMI is 33 - but inaccurate because I'm pregnant so don't know how much I weigh as just me if that makes sense) AND because he was the guy I saw as my FS for the fertility meds. But overall, I'm not high risk and could give birth in a midwife led unit if I wanted to.
I saw the Dr straight away after getting my BFP, which I think I was about 5-ish weeks pregnant then. He then told me to book an appointment with the midwife, but they don't see you until 8 weeks usually, some areas are 10 weeks for the 'booking appointment'. The Dr didn't do anything as tests are so accurate, he just said congratulations, and made sure I'm taking folic acid and vitamin D (I was taking Pregnacare).

OMG OMG OMG Henry hun thats absolutely brilliant news really really pleased for you hun, thats absolutely fab :happydance::happydance: How are you feeling, on cloud 9 I can imagine!

Bride, so pleased the appointment went well for you hun, such a pain you having to pay :growlmad: but like Kyla says its a plan and I really really pray it gets your BFP, you so deserve it hun xx

Hows everyone else doing? I have my 2nd appointment with GP next Tuesday (18th), think I should be around 8-9 weeks by then so should hopefully be a difference in the scan, fingers crossed! Still feel really groggy and boobs absolutely ache, I'm quite big chested despite being 8 stone in weight I am a 28G and think its time for a larger cup size!

Thank you! :cloud9: Still in shock tbh can't quite believe it!!!! Keep checking that last test to make sure I didn't imagine it lol! :happydance: Just feel a little bit crampy. Have my post op appointment on Thursday so will see what the doc says.

Thanks Kyla, as I'm sure u can imagine all these questions keep on popping into my head so I'm sure there will be plenty more to come haha!
That is really brilliant how u managed to get ur bmi down and be pregnant!

:hugs:

Henry - Really happy for you, I spent a fortune on tests in the first few weeks. Wishing you a H&H 9 months. Keep the questions coming! My BMI change has been quite drastic. I started off following SlimmingWorld which got me going on weight loss but I had a series of gallstone attacks so I have been on a seriously limited, zero fat, no dairy, no red meat diet and the weight has dropped off me (this is a huge shock as nothing worked ever before - although I am still on metformin so perhaps that helped). My FS is really pleased and said I'm fine as baby is growing well and I'm on Pregnacare Max to make up for any deficiencies.

Cullen - I'm good thanks! Ah, sore boobs :dohh: It does get better in the 2nd trimester. Good luck for your appointment on the 18th, I'm seeing my FS then for a growth scan as I'm measuring 'big' on fundal height. Hope you get a scan pic then :flower:

Henry delighted for you :)
Thanks Cullen ya everything we do now we have to pay for in Dublin nothing's free but we don't mind once we got our bfp :) the only thing that's putting off is the success rate it's quiet low with compared to ivf ! I'll just have to keep my infringers crossed :)
Your next appointment is on my birthday good luck with it :)
Kyla didn't realise you lost so much weight while pregnant go you xx

Bride - Ah thanks. Yes, I have been amazed at my weight loss, the two pairs of maternity jeans I bought in the 2nd trimester and hanging off me now, I'm having to constantly pull them up to avoid embarrassment!
I think you'll do well with your treatment, the IUI success rates do vary but our problem is the lack of ovulation and if we can get our bodies to do that, it's the main battle done and then just a matter of time before pregnancy happens. With your age factor too, I'm sure it won't be long. It will happen for you and you've got loads of supporters here cheering you on. :hugs:

:dust:

Thank you!
Jeeso Kyla, there is no way I could manage on that diet! I take my hat off to you!
Been quite stressful today, I've been lightly crampy since just before getting my bpf and every wee twinge I have I'm worried that something is wrong! Thought there was maybe a very slight tinge of blood on the paper this afternoon but was having to squint to see it, but definitely nothing since. I'm hoping I was just imagining it and that everything is ok! Sorry tmi!
Anyone else worry about every little thing?
:wacko:

Henry - you'll definitely be feeling weird twinges and such. Try not to let it worry you. The first trimester is SO SUPER stressful!! You worry about every little thing. Do your best to just see it as your body preparing for a big baby to grow!

Thanks kyla it's such a great place to come and talk to people who no excatly how I'm feeling ! Not gonna tink about it too much until next year :)
Google isn't always a good thing ;-)
Henry I'm sure it's normal to worry I'd be the same hope your well :)
How's you Cullen ?? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->