anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Joy & Bride - I have been to Dublin a few times, really enjoyed visiting. Obviously a bit of a sad tourist :blush: but found everyone so friendly and welcoming. DH and I are planning a holiday to Ireland in the next few years, he's always wanted to do a driving tour around.

Joy - great to hear more SBD success. First time I went on it I hadn't had a period in a year, obviously wasn't ttc but my Dr recommended it for weight loss and sure enough it brought regular cycles back.

Where is everyone else?? Too many AWOLs!! :friends:

Kyla, ta for clearing that up too, thought thats what you meant re olive but didnt want to look like an idiot lol.

I have now stooped to a new low, this is really gross so apologies seeing as its really early in the morning still, I had my t last night and went to the shower afterwards, was only in a few mins when I knew I was going to throw up, didnt get out in time and ended up puking in the shower, had to call the OH to bring me a bucket and some cloths to clean up, my food wasnt even digested, seriously dont want to look at sausages for a while, OH of course thought this hilarious!!!!! :wacko:

So on a completely brighter note what has everyone planned for xmas?

:hugs: Cullen. Poor you. There's lots of lost dignity moments in pregnancy, my DH has learnt that I can win a gold medal in burping :blush: Maybe try a lower fat diet until the sickness has passed, I believe it helps with the nausea.

Christmas here is going to be quite quiet. I've been doing all my shopping online, and I've only got a last few pressies to get. We'll be sitting around at home a lot as I don't want to venture out, so planning on making a nest on the sofa and watching some good tv shows. New Year is going to be at home too and the countdown begins to my due date :happydance: I'm really hoping we'll see some Christmas BFPs here too so sending out lots of dust
:dust:

o cullen poor you. But bring it on means your hormones are raging and thats a great sign. I must admit i have not been sick and feel it on and of thats all, I did have a funny turn today and thought i might faint but was ok. I've been getting a lot of cramping so had another scan today at the epc and all is ok, i had abdo uss and the picture was a bit rubbish and i measured 5 days less but they said as the picture quality was rubbish and i had just peed so they could'nt see that well they weren't bothered at all. We saw hb just waiting to hear on 12 week scan now. xxx

Nikkia when is your 12 week scan say you where happy to see the heart beat . How did u find iui I'm moving onto that in the new year have first consultation in jan but I'm afraid they are going to tell me to lose weight ad come back to then :-(

Welcome Joy! :hi:

So happy to hear about so much puking going on in this thread! :haha: Bring on that morning sickness!!

Cridge :haha: Yay for puking! Lovely pic of W1 & W2.

Nikkia - So exciting! Hope you're not having to wait too long before the 12 week scan!

Bride - When I was looking into IUI, we'd have had to go private because the NHS wouldn't fund us thanks to my having a son, even though DH hasn't got his own biological child. Anyway, I was worried about the BMI too as mine was (still is) a lot higher than yours and everywhere I looked at said they would accept a maximum BMI of 30. So you can be 30, but not 31. Really hope that helps and you get accepted. :hugs:

Oh Cridge your boys are fab!!!!! was just readingyour story ( in old posts) I too have just ordered Inositol, so hope it helps. Thanks for welcoming me!

We are celebrating our 4 year anniversary tonight.....been a wonderful 4 yrs together and we are having a lovely cosy eve in together for a change

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend !

Happy Anniversary Joy! :flower:

Oh Cullen that does not sound nice, its a good sign tho! :thumbup:

Im going to spend most of Christmas with my parents i think because dh is working most of it :sad1: but will be good for the extra money for :baby:

Kyla - are you working at the moment? if so when you planning on finishing up?

So another question . . . when did/will you tell close family about your bfp? i am very close to my mum and she knew i was having the od, therefore knew that we were ttc so i feel a bit bad not telling her. Also she is a midwife so that could be very handy for all my many questions! But at the same time i am terrified something will go wrong, although if it did i would confide in her.
What are your thoughts ladies?

Henry - we told parents at 9 weeks with my first, close friends at 12 weeks, and the rest of the world found out on their own at or after 18 weeks - when I couldn't hide it anymore. With #2, we told family and close friends after our first good u/s - at 5 weeks - cause we wanted as many prayers as possible. We told other friends around 7-8 weeks and the rest of the world at 10 weeks. I felt very confident about the 2nd pregnancy from the very start, so I wasn't worried about telling people, and we wanted as many people praying for us as possible. I was totally freaked out with my first pregnancy, so telling anyone at any point scared me.

Just do what feels good to you. Don't feel pressured to tell anyone, and don't hold back if you want people to know.

Henry - I agree with Cridge, go with what you feel. I am the least superstitious person in the world, so I told my Mum about 6 weeks, but the problem with that is she has been so excited that this has been a really, really long pregnancy for her and she keeps thinking I am further on than I am. So she's driving me a bit crazy with the 'you've only got a couple of weeks left' when I have longer.
I have also read quite a few posts where Mums have been told and they can't contain their excitement and the pregnant lady has been upset because the Mum has gone and told a few choice people and either ruined the surprise or those people have blabbed. It's hard to know how it will go even when you think you do.
First pregnancy I told my Mum at 10 weeks and I think that was about right personally, but you know your Mum and your circumstances. Plus her being a midwife really is a huge bonus! Good luck making a decision. :flower:

Hi girls :flower:

Henry, I havent told anyone but a close friend who was also the only one who knew we were ttc, planning on telling my mum after I get this 2nd scan past me on Tue, desperate to see that hb first! After that were planning on telling OHs folks xmas day but everyone is being told on the basis that they are sworn to secrecy until the big scan is past, if they dont well you know with my hormones and all I couldnt possibly say what would happen to them :winkwink:

Nikkia, you can have the sickness if you want it hun, glad everything is going well with you x:hugs:

Can I ask something too, what are your thoughts on highlights? I really need mine done but dont know if its safe, I've read conflicting reports, of course I'm happy to live with the grey until after the danger period, really not wanting to do anything that wouldnt be good for the bean x

Been out xmas shopping, really behind this year, cant believe its so close now!

Hi Cullen,

I've been having highlights throughout pregnancy. Apparently the hair dyes and bleaches didn't used to be safe, but now they are - just make sure your hairdresser knows you're expecting (so you may want to wait a few weeks!). I'm not sure what product my hairdresser uses but it is safe x

Thanks for all your input girlies, i have narrowed it down to telling parents on Christmas Day when i will be just over 6 weeks or on the 8th January after my scan :shrug: will maybe just see how it goes on Christmas day if it feels right but i think im currently swaying to 8th Jan.
Kyla - i know what your saying about the mum thing, we were in a shoe shop the other week (and obviously my mum knew we were ttc) and she was pricing up the baby uggs!!! :haha: trying to be casual about it though.

Cullen i actually work in pharmaceuticals (the retail side of things) and hair dye came up in conversation recently. The pharmacist i was talking to said that it should be fine when pregnant as there isnt actually any proven reasons why you can use hair dye, but if you have the option to go for ammonia free anyway.
Im so jealous that you have your scan on Tuesday, i am literally counting down the days to mine! Hope everything goes well for you hun!
I have my appointment with my GP on Tuesday morning so quite looking forward to that. I want to ask her about progesterone - i have read that some woman with pcos have to get it prescribed as their body isnt producing enough. anyone no much about it?

:hugs:

Hi Henry

I have PCOS and am on Progesterone in the Luteal phase of my cycle as our FS believes that I do not have high enough Prog on my Peak +7 bloods. I have a blood test every month at Peak +7 days and they like it to be greater thean 60. To try and increase our chances of a BFP he prescribes this for 10 days post peak every month......my problem was spotting for a number of days prior to getting my period.Naturally if I am spotting every month it is harder for an implanted embyo to survive.

When I get my BFP I will also need to continue with the Prog suppositries,I actually have the prescription in case I get a BFP I have to start it immediatley! Prescription is for Cyclogest supp twice daily ...I am unsure for how long though....I think for a min of 12 weeks but could be for whole pregnancy.

I am sure your GP could check your levels of Progesterone (simple blood test) to check your levels and then prescibe if its low. I am sure there is a range it should be at at each stage of pregnancy.
I believe that when you become pregnant the body should produce sufficient Prog to support the pregnancy .....but you are right some PCOS ladies do not produce enough of this/ or to a high enough level fast enough. That may not be the case with you though.
Did you ever have pre-period spotting?

Anyway I hope this helped and best of luck with your GP
Jx

Morning ladies, thanks for the replies re the highlights, my problem is my sil is my hairdresser so I think I might wait until the New Year lol.

Had a little moment this morning, I noticed when wiping that my discharge was a beige type colour, only happened the once and hasnt since but I'm worried, just hope everything is ok, I cant lose this baby :nope:

Oh Cullen its such an exciting, but nervous time! I am sure its just pregnancy discharge....try not to worry hun!!

AFM I am happy for once my AF has arrived...it was really lovely to have a break after nearly 2 years and not be devastated to see it arrive ! O:)
We missed my peak as was on day/day post surgery and he wasnt coming near me that weekend!!
So glad it came as due yesterday, and really looking foreard to next few months- really hoping it will bring good news for us.:happydance:
Also decided I am going to start low dose aspirin as it seems to be really good for lining...will see will it help!

Hope you are all well today, and had a lovely weekend!!

Thanks Joy, I tend to over worry atm, just so desperately want this to work out, never thought I'd get here at all! Havent had any more discharge so hoping it stays that way, will mention to the Dr in the morning tho.

Yeah on AF arriving, means you can get on with a fresh new cycle, get that bd'ing started again and get that BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->