anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Yeah saralou, I agree with Cridge, don't out too much faith in OPKs, do them but don't assume they are 100% accurate! definatley temp aswell! and watch out for other fertile signs.

And happy birthday! :)

Sorry I've been quiet, I am still following, but now my op has been postponed I don't have as much to say as I expected to! Three weeks today......I didn't ov when I though last week, but my body is definitely trying tons of ewcm yesterday and today so will see what my temp does tomorrow. I actually hope to o, so I can get AF, and have the op early in my cycle like I was going to before!

Sarah - I hope you may have one of them miracle stories when you get a natural BFP a week before the op :winkwink:

Its hard work counting all my calories and writing them down. But its all worth it if its going to help me to get my bundle of joy :cloud9: :blush:

Day 6 of my cycle today ladies 3 days left until I start using OPKS! :happydance:

Hi ladies...how are you all doing? I am feeling really down :cry:
As of Thursday night, most of my pregnancy symptoms disappeared.....and now I am very worried.....I feel like I am going crazy....my next appt with the gynac is next week friday and it feels like forever to wait.....

I have been doing s lot of research online and all the answers are pointing in the direction of a possible miscarriage...here are the symptoms I lost- drastic decrease in breast soreness, loss of nausea and m/s, no more frequent trips to bathroom, loss of appetite, no more bloating, no feelings in uterus, cervix feels open.....i am almost 5 weeks pregnant now....I am trying to be calm and hopeful...its just very hard :-(.

Regardless of the outcome, I am happy since this is the first time in years I was actually able to ovulate on my own.....I am trying to be positive but its hard.....would love to hear your thoughts......

Shardil, try not to worry, and STAY OFF GOOGLE. There is nothing to suggest at is point you are having a mc. Symptoms come and go and are not a reliable indicator. If you are not cramping and bleeding, don't worry xx

Afm, just got a letter saying my op has been postponed, again. And another letter saying my pre-op has been brought forward to this Wednesday, which I can't do as I have nine patients to see who I cannot cancel at such short notice, especially if my op is going to be delayed anyway, what's the rush? And as it is Saturday I can't phone and get any clarity on what is going on this until Monday. So annoyed right now!

Shardil - :hugs: As Sarah said, please, STAY OFF GOOGLE and the first trimester forums, Dr Google is the worst kind of friend. Also, I don't think checking your cervix can be helpful. When I was expecting Jude, I had no symptoms for ages and they aren't a good indicator of how the pregnancy is progressing as we are all different and all react differently, even same Mum with different pregnancies. You're not cramping or bleeding so try to take it easy, do somethings you enjoy doing and no more research! :flower:

SarahLou - Good luck for using your OPKs. I have never had much success with them and despite knowing that I have ovulated on cycles due to CD21 blood tests, I have never had a true positive OPK even on the cycle I got pregnant with Jude, just faint positives. :hugs:

Sarah - How frustrating, especially since it's weekend. :dohh: I really hope you get a BFP before the op. Have they given you a new date or just postponed it?

Keisha - Just on the off chance you see this, would really love an update and how you're getting on. I have been thinking of you. :flower:

Shardil - it's VERY normal to completely lose symptoms early on. It's just a mean trick our body does. They'll return. First trimester is a beast, so definitely stay off google and just try to relax and enjoy life right now! It's hard to do, for sure, but hang in there!

sarah - that's awful! I hope it gets worked out!! :(

Eep! I wrote in to the hospital to complain about the second cancellation, turns out it was because my consultant was taking early retirement! Surely he had to give notice of that?? Anyway, since I complained, they have found me a space on the list for this Friday!! Can't believe it! Go in at 8am, will come back and update when I'm done :)

Oh my word, Sarah! That's fantastic news!!! Only a day to wait :happydance:

I have everything crossed for you and can't wait for your update!!!

Sarah - Fabulous news!! So pleased for you. CD1 on Friday then :happydance: Looking forward to your update.

Sarah, thays awesome! funny how we always have to complain before we get taken serious.

Good luck with the op and we looking forward to a bfp soon after

Yay Sarah!! So glad you get to go in so quickly! Good luck!!!!

Hi ladies

Not been around for a while I started a new job recently and not really had 5 minuets to myself until now. Just popped in to see how you all getting on?? :flower:

I started my OPK'S on day nine but when I started my job the other day I been working till 7pm and forgot to do them, Im not day 13 :dohh:

Also Im thinking weather to push ttc back a month or two because of my new job start, im not sure weather I need to be with my company at least 12 months before im entitled to the company maternity leave/policy. I need to keep my job to help us afford out little one. What do you ladies think???

Sarah, good luck with the new job! I would definitely find out what their policies are regarding maternity leave and then make a informed decision based on that, as you dont want to loose out on that when little one comes around.

Hi ladies, so I did it! In at 8am this morning, theatre at10.15, woke up at 11.30 so a little longer than I was expecting!! Allowed home at three.

I'm ok, a bit sore around my incisions, but the painkillers are keeping it at bay. The gas (so far) not nearly as bad as I was expecting, but maybe that will come tomorrow.

He said everything went fine, did 6-8 holes each side, everything else normal yay! I will go back for follow up in four months, as they said they are discovering that most people see the full benefit after three months, only about 10% restore normal cycle right away. So I am going to try and be patient with my body. If I have not started cycling normally but then he will start clomid again.

Relieved, and tired!

Thanks for the support xx

SarahLou - you should definitely Google it but I'm pretty sure in the uk by law as long as you've been on your job for at least 28 weeks BEFORE you go on maternity they have to pay. So technically you can start a job already pregnant, work till 38 weeks and you will get the benefits.

Sarah - officially welcome to the OD graduates club :happydance:

I'm so glad everything looked normal and you are feeling ok. Pain from the gas may get worse before it gets better. But it is all temporary!
I agree with your Dr. But it does require a lot of self control not to start doing opk's and expecting to ovulate right away... But your body has just been through a huge hormonal change so it will take a while for things to settle down.
Try to find something that will keep you occupied for the next few months and I'm sending lots of :dust: your way!

I haven't looked up my company maternity policy. Do you know how I could find this would I need to ask my boss? Im scared to ask this yet as I only just started a few days ago and don't want them to know im trying for a baby because I don't want them to have a reason to lay me off or sack me :cry: :shrug:

So as long as I have worked there for 28 weeks before I want my maternity leave im entitled to maternity leave with my company? So would I get my full wages? I try Google it but it doesn't really help me so much as I would like it too :wacko:

Have a look at the department of work and pensions website, the rules will be on there. You will not necessarily get full pay, they are only legally obliged to give you statutory maternity pay, but most complains, not all, do top this up. I work for the NHS who have pretty much the best maternity policy going, and I would only get full pay for eight weeks. After that it is half pay plus statutory maternity, then just statutory, then nothing for the last three months of you take the full year.

I would not ask your boss just yet. Have a look at the DWP site as I said, that will tell you the MINIMUM you would be entitled to, if you can afford to live on that, go for it, if not, maybe wait a bit, then ask what the company policy is. You could always ask a colleague rather than your boss too.

Hi ladies!! well I had my ultrasound yesterday and so far all is well...we saw the yolk sac and fetal pole. no heartbeat as yet..have to go back in 2 weeks.....he said I am around 5wks6days pregnant......so i was just freaking out for no reason....:blush:

Sarah congrats on your surgery and welcome to the OD club how are you doing? I am sure you will get your BFP soon since the doc said they found nothing else wrong after the surgery :thumbup:

I cannot shed any light on maternity policies in the UK....I am from the caribbean so its different for us...our country policy is 14 weeks maternity leave with pay.....hope it works out Sarahlou!!:thumbup:

To the rest of the ladies too MariaF, Kyla, Cridge, Tella...hope you all have a great weekend!!!:hugs:

Ditto what Sarah said. By law all employers MUST pay 90% of your wages for the first 6 weeks of maternity. Then also by law you earn statutory mat pay which is currently £235 a week. I believe this is paid until week 38-39 of your way leave. So all in all you get a year off during which time your employer must keep your job for you but only about 9 months of it is paid.

Shardil - glad the scan went well and you got to see your little bean! HB usually starts being visible around 6 weeks so you should see it at your next scan!
Wow - do you then have to go back to work after 14 weeks???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->