anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Holy crap. I have never appreciated the NHS more. My op cost me nothing other than taxi fare to the hospital.

As for clomid Link, prescriptions here cost almost £8 now (not too bad, I know..) but I have a friend who lives in Turkey and in Turkey you can buy aaaany medication over the counter. Apart from like, morphine and things like that. Anyway, when I needed a script for clomid, she bought it OTC in Turkey and mailed it to me, it costs something like £2 a box which is enough for 2 cycles on 50mg. So for the price of one month worth on prescription, I got 6 cycles worth and shipping.

I hate having to pay for my metformin each month when, if I was diabetic, I would get my met (and all prescriptions) for free. In the UK, if you need medication for life, you get an exemption card which allows you free healthcare.

How much does IVF cost in the US? Will your insurance help at all? I know the NHS will fund up to 3 cycles here but I've been denied funding as my DF has a child from a previous relationship. So I will have to pay it out of pocket which is about £5k in the NHS.

I feel like a prick complaining about it now seeing how much that little op costs you!

Ivf here I believe cost about $20,000 a cycle. My insurance doesn't cover any of it. They also don't cover anything for injections. So ovarian drilling (with not telling them that's what we were doing) was my last option of things they will cover. After this everything else will be out of my pocket.

Hi everyone, we are lucky here in Australia they have just introduced bulk billing ivf, I think only out of pocket costs end up at around $500. Definitely going to look into this early next year if I can't get a BFP on my own. I'm 8 weeks post op and have had AF after a 46 day wait. Hoping this cycle is better.so far no positive ovulation this month :( I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with low libido? before the op I never had a problem. I'm feeling like I have tried to fix one problem and created another.
Good luck to all and baby dust all round

Just wanted to jump in and mention the Barbados Fertility Clinic! Their IVF costs are cheaper and there success rates are good. Check it out guys. Unlucky for us here IVF is not covered under insurance, it's completely out of pocket money. If you guys have insurance then it's easy squeeze.

Oh and I wish I knew someone who could get me Clomid! We need prescription here in the Caribbean.

I've even been looking at going abroad to get it as Spain and other European countries only charge around £1k. But that idea scares me! I have found a private hospital not too far from me that does it for £3k which is a lot cheaper than the NHS hospital will charge. I'm going to discuss this with my FS when I go for my follow up in in December.

Hopefully I'll already be pregnant by then though! I did get 2 TTC readings from 2 different psychics in the last few months.

The first one cost a lot of money and then asked me for a LOT of information so I was very very dubious. Second one was cheap, all she asked was my DOB and full name, and 95% of what she said made me go whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! How would she know that?! If she was right, I'll be getting pregnant or finding out this November or delivering next November. So she thinks within the next 3-4 months I'll be pregnant.

If anyone would like to see what both of these ladies said to me, drop me a PM, I'll happily share :)

How is everyone doing today?

I try to steer clear of psychics, hate getting my hopes up. Then it doesn't work. :nope:

But I'm excited for you to get your BFP soon!! :happydance:

HI girls, i havent forgotten about you all. Im following as much as i can but work load and tiredness is making it difficult.

I just want to make sure you all remember that it is worth fighting for everyday, i know it is very hard month after month but take the day to be sad, you entitled to it but i always tired to make my second day of AF a day of remembering i have another shot at it and then putting it all on the line again.

IVF is expensive yes but i always felt like if i didnt try everything i would never know (besides that i fell natural :haha:)

Hey girls. Just wanted to update, so my progesterone levels came back at 13.2 which isn't a strong ovulation. But definitely is an ovulation none the less. I couldn't be more excited. My levels have always been at a .5 or last month .7 so I definitely responded much better to the clomid after surgery. Yay!!! I just feel like I've got hope again. My doctor is going to up my clomid to 100 mg once af shows. So hopefully we can get my progesterone level higher. But super excited my body responded at all. Yay yay yay :)

Yay link! Exciting stuff! Are you totally out for this cycle?

I'm now 6dpo and completely relaxed strangely.. I think it's because we've been looking into ovulation induction and ivf if I don't get pregnant by next summer. So I know its not the end if it doesn't happen naturally :)

Hey Flib- Happy you're feeling relaxed :) Fingers crossed for a bfp for you. I'm not totally out. But being that I only bd once 6 days before ovulation, the chances are slim. Took a hpt this morning. It was negative. Af should start tomorrow or soon after. Going to take another test in the morning. Cause I'm a poas addict lol. But won't be bummed if af shows, cause I'm excited to get to the next cycle to see if I ovulate again. Of course I'd be over the moon with a bfp though :)

So woke up this morning to a temp drop Below my coverline. And bam af showed. So starting my next round of clomid Saturday. Hopefully this next cycle will be my bfp cycle. If not, hoping for another ovulatory cycle.

:hi: ladies!!

I'm sorry I've been offline for ages and haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone. How are you all doing?

Tella - :happydance::happydance: Congratulations!! I'm so so pleased for you! I've been following your journey for such a long time, I couldn't be happier. :hugs:

Linkerland - Sorry about AF but yay for progesterone results. That's really lovely to hear and I'm hopeful that your BFP will be along really soon.

How is everyone else? I'm going to try to catch up, where are you all on your cycles? :hugs:

Holy crap! I'm 9dpo. I caved.

3/4mu I can't remember.. I expected nothing. I got this.....

imgur.com/AzlLE79

I hope they show up better through a direct upload.. everything reduces the picture quality :(

Attachments

• FB_IMG_14149319771221903.jpg
    FB_IMG_14149319771221903.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_14149319458348763.jpg
    FB_IMG_14149319458348763.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 15
Holy yay Flib :) I don't know much about those test. But I definitely see a line. I'm so flipping excited for you. Praying this is your bfp and sticky bean :)

Flib, you need a frer!!!!!!! Keeping everything crossed for a nice pink line! !!! Ics aren't as sensitive as they claim, but a frer should give you a beautiful line! !!!

Hopefully this it it for you flib

afm: I don't know what's going on this cycle 1st cycle after op was 24, 2 cycle 29 and 3 cycle 27. I'm currently CD 31 and no sign of AF. I tested cycle day 13 on with an opk and it was going to be positive soon. I stopped testing because I ended up with a stomach virus cd 19 so I didn't really confirm o if I did it would on been on cycle day 15 0r 16 . Right now I would be 14 or 15 dpo. And no sign of AF at all although I've been waking up feeling nauseous the pass few day but I brush it off as AF symptoms because ever since I had my surgery that has been one of my signs of AF coming soon. No cramp although I did get them 3 or 4 dpo. I tested today and BFN. I'm afraid my body is going to act up again. I wasn't taking my metformn as I should last month and I'm afraid without it my body won't work. I'm still hoping they it's a BFP but other than nausea that's all I'm getting no sore boobs or anything. Should I be by now idk help anyone

Quick update : AF arrived 11/3/14 thank God

Any news Flibberty?? Fxd for a nice pink line

What I thought was a frer was a crappy blue dye. So I decided to wait it out. I'm 12dpo now and when I went to the look just now I had some light tan cm so I think she's coming early :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->