anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Really good news linkerland. I found it strange that I had my surgery 24th July 14 and on 24th July 15 I was starting my maternity leave. Well I had some annual leave days so mat leave officially starts Monday on my birthday. I'm term now, but have been suffering terribly with pupps rash and terrible swelling everywhere! At 37 weeks baby is measuring 41 and 8lbs 2oz so I had a sweep yesterday and if labour doesn't start they are inducing me early on Saturday at 38weeks + 2 . Very scared, very grateful, but also cannot wait to get some relief from this evil rash which will only go after delivery (I've had it 7 weeks now) anyway wish me luck and I'm wishing all you ladies happy, healthy pregnancies

Wishing you the best of luck daisy! Can't wait for you to hold your little one. And hopefully see some pictures once things are settled down :)

Hey everyone, im new to this site. Im 27 ttc for about 4 years. Irregular periods since i first started at age 13. been on metformin for years.. currently have dropped almost 80 pounds. I'm now 132. Ive taken spirlacton (wrong spelling ) i take pregestrone to get my cycle . Also have tried comid and letrozole numerous of time. Got 2 good follie sizes but never O'd. For 2015 I stopped taking my metformin and tried to do it naturally, nothing. I have not gained any weight back but my dr is setting me up for ovarian drilling on sepisode 25. Ive statted my metformin back.. Does anyone have any insight? Like how soon to try, is a trigger shot needed? How soon did it work for you? Anything at all.
Really confused and very nervous since I've never actually had surgery before.

Welcome moopie! I personally never ovulated before the surgery. I been on metformin for years. When I switched dr's before the surgery, he switched ne from 1000 mg a day to 2000 mg a day. He said you have to be on atleast 1500 mg to help with ovulation. He also started me on clomid. Just by itself. It made my follicles grow. But I also didn't ovulate. We only did three months of that and then moved onto drilling. We also did an hsg before the clomid. After the drilling I didn't ovulate for the first 2 months on my own. But did ovulate once I started the clomid again. After 3 or 4 cycles of not getting pregnant my dr had me add the trigger to help with stronger ovulation and to make me ovulate a little earlier. It took about 5 cycles of the trigger. And i finally got my bfp! On the last 3 cycles we added estrogen for 5 days at the beginning of the cycle. And progesterone after confirmed O. The drilling was the best decision I ever made. And I feel bad for those who never get the option. My periods became regular. And also so did ovulation. I'm so excited just 11 months after surgery I got my bfp. I felt like the surgery didn't work for me cause It took awhile to get pregnant. But it did. And i go in tomorrow for my 10 week 6 day ultrasound! Can't wait to see the little bean :) wishing you the best of luck with your surgery. And feel free to ask questions. I know this board has been slow lately. But everyone is very supportive and awesome :)

Linkerland thanks so much! You've given me hope! My dr really doesnt really like clomid. Ive tried it a total of 12 times between 2 drs. But he says I should start af right after surgery and we'll start femara again. On metformin I'm supposed to be 1000mg but if before I could never tolerate 2 pills. But I will give it a try since you've had luck ☺☺!! I'm just counting the days down for surgery now!

Thanks so much

Definitely moopie!
Afm- went in for my second sonogram today. Didn't realize they weren't planning on doing an ultrasound today. Just using the doppler to hear the heartbeat. But the couldn't find it. Do they did a quick sonogram and the baby is hiding behind the pelvic bone. Do that's why we couldn't hear the heartbeat. But our little bean was bouncing around and even waving it's arms at us. I could even see hands and fingers. So amazing!

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to update you.

So my boy was due 20th August (13months since surgery)

After severe pupps rash and swelling it was decided I should be induced early on the 8th August.

After 2 failed inductions a whole load of complications Alfred (Alfie) was born on the 12th by emergency cesarean. It was very traumatic, I lost 2 litres of blood and got infections all sorts, in short it made me very poorly. However Alfie was a very healthy 9lbs 9oz. After a week in hospital we were allowed home and now a week later it is amazing.

I can safely safe once was enough, I am still on a load of medication but he is worth every second.

And I now wish all you ladies a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
Oh my goodness daisy.... so happy to get the update. Alfie is the most adorable baby ever! I was praying for you guys. Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. But so happy all is well now. And that you are home with your beautiful baby! Yay yay yay... congrats times a million :)

Soo good news.. surgery has been moved up to Sep 22. Funny thing is I've taken my progesterone 2 weeks ago and still no sign of AF. Normally I get it exactly a week after the first pill.

But anyways. I'm still excited about the surgery. And hoping I'll have some great news to share soon.

That's exciting moopie! Are you taking some time off after the surgery? Mine was on a Thursday. And i went back to work the following Tuesday. I was still a little sore. But made it through just fine. But the first couple of days after I was pretty sore. So I'd definitely make sure to have a little bit of time off. I'll be praying for you and a successful surgery :)

Linkerland, yes I'll be doing my on a Tues as well. So He said I should be fine for Mon! I'm extremely excited because it feels like hope you know? I mean it could happen at any time.

Definitely! Thats How I Felt. Like finally we have something to do that might be our ticket to having a little one. Hopefully it works fast for you. But if it takes a little while, don't be discouraged. Mine took 11 months after the surgery to get my bfp. But I noticed positive changes immediately following the surgery. Like regular cycles. And ovulating with clomid. So it's all steps t I wards the positive. And the best thing in my opinion I could have done. Super excited for you :)

Well tomorrow is the day for my OD surgery. I'm extremely nervous but excited all in one. I can't wait to start this journey!

Just came on to say good luck moopie! I'm sure everything will go great.Remember to take it easy :) excited for you to start your journey towards your little miracle :)

Well had surgery yesterday and I'm definitely feeling it today. I'm also peeing weird I gyess from the cathater. I feel the need for bowel movement but nothing. But I have taken a laxative like they said. Sorry if tmi. So far I've only taken 1 pain pill since I've gotten home. Also I've had no spotting or bleeding as of yet.

Dr said everything went well. H3 told my husband both tubes are open but he did find some cysts on the outside of my uterus from where I don't have af so he got rid of those as well. Now just the waiting game.

So happy all went well! Nothings tmi here :) I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. Feeling like I needed to go. But couldnt. For me the first couple of days I had a very heavy feeling in my gut. Ike a weight was hanging there. Just remember it only gets better as you heal. You'll feel more nirm a l before you know it!

Sorry moopie. I couldn't remember how my bleeding went after the surgery. So i had to go back to page 567 and read through a little to jog my memory. I was bleeding 42 days straight before the surgery. So my dr did a d&c while he was in there. So my case may be different. I bled a tiny bit the day of surgery. Then didn't for a few days after. And then did again till atleast 8 days after surgery. I don't think it was much though. I think no matter if you bleed or not you're supposed to count the surgery as the first day of your cycle. Cd1. I went back through my ff chart and I marked the day of surgery plus 5 days as af. And i started my next real period 25 days after surgery. Sorry if this is confusing. Hope it helps a little.

Oh no not confusin at all. I was just wondering on how it all went. So basically tue would be my cd1.. so at lease I know what to go on. Soo I could possibly ovulate between cd1 and when I do start af? Wow exciting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->