Anyone just had a baby and WTT, NTNP, or TTC?

I have a DD who is 5 months on the 11th of this month. We're planning to start NTNP when she's 9 months and go onto TTC when she's a year if we haven't got pregnant by then. We'd like them close in age because of previous LTTTC and we'd rather have them closer in age than we wanted than too far apart.

thank you :)
i got a positive opk thursday and we did the deed yesturday and this morning. little worried that its too soon though

They say that when you get your first positive OPK, you can expect to ovulate within the next 12 to 48 hours, max 72, average being 24-36, so you're fine:winkwink: I got 2 positive OPK's on Wednesday (2 pm and 8 pm) and we DTD that night and thursday night, and I'm 99% I ovulated on the friday. And it's best to DTD BEFORE ovulation so the little swimmers are waiting for the egg:thumbup:

When i got pregnant with my little one we BD the day after my first positive OPK, done the same this time kinda hoping it happend :D. but don't have my hopes up to high :haha:

Greygirl, welcome. You are in good company--I think we all want our LOs close in age for various reasons. For DH and I, it's a health thing. My pregnancy was very rough so we want to have our 3 total kiddos while I'm still young enough to be able to survive the pregnancy (and while he's young enough to survive me being pregnant ;) )

Do you ladies mind if i join? I was so glad i found this thread!! i had my second DD 15/2/13. She is nearly 3 months, my eldest is almost 4, it took us 18months.to concieve with our 2nd so i really didnt want to wait to start trying.again.but i know people will.think.I'm.crazy, i.don't like.pregnacy, it brings.out.the worst in.me lol, i really want. big family but i. don't want. huge gap between my first and.last so we have decided to.go.for it and see what happens.....i know.I'm.going on.but.I'm.extremely.exctited and wanted to find.so buddies to. go.along this journey with.:) x

i don't think your crazy my LO is 10 weeks on thursday and we're NTNP we're plan on starting to try when he's 3 months. we want kids close in age, and it took us 25 months to fall pregnant, thats why we want to start trying so early

I don't think you're crazy at all! We would like our kids to be close in age. I didn't have a hard time getting pregnant, but I miscarried twice so in total from our 1st cycle TTC to my 3rd BFP that resulted in DD, it took 9 months. Hopefully my next BFP will be a sticky one!!

Welcome to all of the new girls! GreyGirl - our LO are only 3 days apart. Sounds like you were a lot braver than me with the whole labour thing though. I had hoped for a water birth but the costume never made it out my hospital bag. My ticker would just have a long list of drugs!

Fingers crossed littlesteph and Melfy! xx

CD43 here, still no O, when will this cycle end so I can finally get on with a 'normal' one? Actually willing AF to get here now......

We are supposed to be waiting until December when Tyler turns 1 but I guess we are NTNP because..well..we stopped using the pull out method :blush:

I guess whatever happens, happens ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Welcome to all of the new girls! GreyGirl - our LO are only 3 days apart. Sounds like you were a lot braver than me with the whole labour thing though. I had hoped for a water birth but the costume never made it out my hospital bag. My ticker would just have a long list of drugs!

Fingers crossed littlesteph and Melfy! xx

CD43 here, still no O, when will this cycle end so I can finally get on with a 'normal' one? Actually willing AF to get here now......

Nor did mine! I was so desperate to get in, I didn't get changed, I just stripped down to my vest top and bra and got right in - bliss! :D

hi girls!! new here :) just thought id check out this section of B&B (and this thread!!) :) as you can see had DD 4.5 months ago and am completely infatuated :cloud9: i am SO in love with her and being a mom :cloud9: i just feel inspired! we're having some sleep regression but its manageable co-sleeping.

I *think* we are also NTNP now...:blush::shhh::winkwink:

wow NTNP already??? (and aww born on VDday :flower:) Good luck!! I dream of another baby and told DF today my uterus is quivering for another one lol but there is no way we could do it right now... we want to wait til we buy a house soon (and can I really handle it?? lol) My other self is so envious! lol i hope i get knocked up on my copper IUD :haha:

I *think* we are also NTNP now...:blush::shhh::winkwink:

Best of luck! I'm hoping it'll only be 4months now until we are NTNP :happydance:

I keep having horrible thoughts about secondary infertility and that LO will be an only child. I try to think positive but sometimes it just doesn't happen! Anyone got any tips on how to change mindset and think positively that you will be blessed a second time?

Hi everyone! :wave:

Can I join you?? I had my beautiful boy on the 7th january an he is simply the best thing to ever have happened to me - I can't believe I waited so long! My worry is i'm 34now and will be 35 by the time he is turning one. Ive seen the stats for deteriorating fertility after 35 and am scared shitless it's not gonna happen again :wacko:

Soooo, we are thinking of starting to try again next March/April even though the thought of two under two is terrifying, it's nowhere near as terrifying as the thought of never doing this again!

Nice to meet you all xx

Hi everyone! :wave:

Can I join you?? I had my beautiful boy on the 7th january an he is simply the best thing to ever have happened to me - I can't believe I waited so long! My worry is i'm 34now and will be 35 by the time he is turning one. Ive seen the stats for deteriorating fertility after 35 and am scared shitless it's not gonna happen again :wacko:

Soooo, we are thinking of starting to try again next March/April even though the thought of two under two is terrifying, it's nowhere near as terrifying as the thought of never doing this again!

Nice to meet you all xx

The bit in bold is exactly how I feel! I am scared of the thought of 2 close together in terms of the work involved, but due to previous fertility issues I'm even more scared of never getting to do it again and my baby being an only child. So I'd rather more work in the short term than heartbreak in the long term!

Wow! We have lots of new ladies--welcome everyone!!!! :)

I feel exactly the same way...terrified of two so close together BUT we had multiple losses before DS, so the thought is always in the back of my mind that the older I get the lower the chance of being able to have another child. I am also planning on going back to school when my mom retires and can babysit in a year and a half...so I would just rather have another before that happens so I won't have to miss school, etc.

Metal we are co sleeping now too and it's amazing! I started out with him in a bassinet and then actually moved him to the crib in his room when he outgrew it. I cried for the three nights he was in there, just could not handle it. So we bought a cosleeper and he is either in that right beside me, or in the bed between us. He loves it and sleeps better, and I am so much more comfortable too.

Welcome to all the new ladies :hi:

Babydreams - Yay for NTNP! Good luck :happydance:

Happy mother's day:flower:

I got my BFP yesterday at 8 dpo:happydance: Praying for a sticky bean!!!

Happy mother's day:flower:

I got my BFP yesterday at 8 dpo:happydance: Praying for a sticky bean!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! H&H 9 months to you :)

Update on us:
Well, I went for my blood tests on Friday and should get the results tomorrow. They are testing for TSH, FSH, LH & Prolactin & my GP requested a blood Hcg test too, as we were having unprotected sex.
It's now been 23 weeks and still no sign of AF!
Been having mild signs of PG but every urine test has been negative, but when my Mum was PG with me she didn't get a + result until 12 weeks.
Tiredness, emotional, etcetetc ...

Went to the hospital for the blood test, they took what they needed then I asked how long it would be for the results. The nurse went out of the room to find out, then after ages a doctor came in and told me that I would have the results for Prolactin, FSH TSH and LH tomorrow ... but they REFUSED to do the blood pregnancy test! They told me that a urine test is good enough & that they wouldn't do it.

WHAT?

I'm sure it's very unlikely that I am pregnant but if I'm not having periods and I'm having unprotected sex, they should at least do it to put my mind at rest, especially if my DOCTOR REQUESTED IT!

Little bit annoyed to be honest...

x

How is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly