Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Lucylou - Sorry AF came for you! Hopefully February can be your month as well as mine! FX'd!

Urchin - I'm also curious about not taking a bath like FF. I'm wondering because I like taking a bath and I like them pretty hot and I'm wondering if that's effecting implantation for me .... =\

FF - thanks for your optimism ... hope you're right!
I think that the no bath rule is about the infection risk - in natural conception only microscopic spermies go through the cervix, but with IVF a canular is pushed through the mucus plug and I think this is what it's about. Obviously hot baths would be a bad idea in any 2WW, but with IVF there is the added infection risk.

Do you think Mr FF would be up for looking at his diet again? If he has coeliac disease then I am staggered that he isn't taking the diet seriously (a friend of my mum died from this condition) but if it's also having effects on your TTC efforts, then he's got to reconsider surely???

LucyLou we have been slightly delayed as some of my results didn't get done at the lab, I am used to things going wrong for us, but our FS secretary had the intelligence to contact me and let me know..... I did ask if it would delay our appointment and she said she was still going to send it but lo and behold I did not receive it, so I should hear this week as I had my bloods re-done Thursday, It is a good job I have had such bad luck with all my tests and appointments to date this is just a slight blip and I am in no rush to begin, obviously the sooner the better, but I do feel with every week passing I am getting more and more mentally prepared :)

Urch Mr FF has agreed to stick to gluten free, I am saddened that he is doing this just because of TTC and not because he is concerned about his over-all health but I guess as long as he is doing it that is the main thing. It will just be up to me to make sure that he sticks to the GF life, which is a bit annoying as he should be taking responsibility but I guess I will just have to suck it up :haha:

MrsHowley sorry your being kept waiting hun :hugs:

hi everyone. i am a mess. been crying on and off for a few days now. maybe my hormones are out of whack who knows? this usually happens around the week before i get my period but i am supposed to be ovulating. i am so sensitive. i think i've just had it with the waiting. a friend's wife gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago and i haven't called to congratulate her yet. am i a jerk or what? we spoke with her husband (our friend, she's kinda a bitch but what can you do) and congratulated them... does that count? we live in a small town and i know what a gossip she is and i am pretty sure she does the oh let's pity the girl who can't get pregnant bit with her girlfriends judging by the way she talks about other people but why do i care?
and that's not even what's bothering me.
i just can't get myself to do other things to distract me for too long. i just end up thinking about us not being pregnant yet and i get the whole "why GOd" (i come from a religious family) and i beat myself up before i even get the chance to try. i have convinced myself that this is a losing battle. that we can't win unless we go for IVF even if i have two clean working fallopians, ok in the fertility dept and my husband has good sperm. why is it not happening?
even with one tube for a year we should of been able to get the job done.
i am sorry for my rant.
it's just not fair.
i have lost hope.

ps- urchin i am rooting for you. under all this sadness i am doing a little baby dance for you.

@Greekgirl, I am so sorry that you are feeling so down hun... Big hugs to you!!! :hugs: :hugs: LTTC is very painful, and it seems like everybody and their mamma is popping out babies or pregnant around me as well, so I can understand where you are coming from, hang in their hun, Our time will come!!! :hugs: :hugs:

@Buckles, good luck with your appointment hun!!! :flower:

@Lucy, I am so sorry that the :witch: got you!!! Big hugs to you!!! :hugs: :hugs: I think the vitamins take at least 1 month to show improvement with your DH's numbers, but you can have your DH take a higher does to help the numbers rise quicker as well. I have my DH taking 3 pills instead of the recommended 2 with the GNC vitamins that I have him on. I know some people have their OH take 4 pills with some of the vitamins as well.

AFM, I am not even worrying about TTC this month, I dont even have any OPK's and i wont be ordering them for this cycle, and I am going to try my hardest not to use any HPT's early this cycle unless there is some freak circumstance and AF is late, but I doubt that will happen so I am just going to treat this cycle as a vacation from TTC. We should be able to get back on the TTC band wagon after my surgery for my cycle that will start around the end of March, around the 19th. I am going to get DH back on his fertility GNC vitamins in the middle of February so by the end of march when we can start trying for the cycle after the surgery he will be all ready to go with lots of :spermy: hopefully...:haha:

I am hoping that maybe I can get pregnant the old fashioned way after my surgery since I should be functioning at my full fertility after the surgery and maybe the polyp in my uterus is the reason why I never got pregnant, although we also have DH's low :spermy: count to worry about as well... sigh.. so I dont know if i should get my hopes up for a BFP after the surgery or not, I dont want to get my feelings crushed after the surgery if I dont get my BFP and we still have to end up doing IUI. I think we might try on our own though for maybe 6 months after the surgery just to see what happens. It would be nice to save some $$ if we didnt have to do the IUI.

Urchin I know that you are pregnant :dance: I have this really strong feeling about it my sweet :flower: Also hun can I ask why you weren't allowed a bath after the procedure? Just wondering if it had anything to do with implantation or specific to IVF?

I also took a few cycles to adjust after clomid, the one straight after was by far the worst :wacko:

AFM my cycle is majorly messed up this month :wacko: It looks like I may have ovulated almost a week later then usual :doh: This has never happened before and I believe the HSG/Stress combo may be the culprits. Have been thinking alot about what the FS said last week and actually beginning to believe that DH and not sticking to his coeliac eating could be the culprit. When we fell pregnant last time he had been on the plan for 6 months and we fell the first time I used clomid. He stopped sticking to the regime after we lost the baby so I am actually feeling hopeful :dance:

Have been ripped off by my insurers :growlmad: I can either pay £300 more a year to transfer my insurance to new car or a £235 cancellation fee :growlmad: Not a happy bunny!

Sorry about your cycle being messed up this month and the problems with your car insurance, it sounds like a real pain in the a$$... Big hugs to you hun..:hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope your DH sticks to taking his vitamins and a healthier diet so he sees improvement with his :spermy: counts....:thumbup:

LucyLou we have been slightly delayed as some of my results didn't get done at the lab, I am used to things going wrong for us, but our FS secretary had the intelligence to contact me and let me know..... I did ask if it would delay our appointment and she said she was still going to send it but lo and behold I did not receive it, so I should hear this week as I had my bloods re-done Thursday, It is a good job I have had such bad luck with all my tests and appointments to date this is just a slight blip and I am in no rush to begin, obviously the sooner the better, but I do feel with every week passing I am getting more and more mentally prepared :)

Sorry about the delay hun.....:hugs::hugs::hugs: Hopefully you will be moving forward with your IVF soon and the time will fly by for you.... I got my fingers crossed for you hun...:flower:

I think taking a break may help you Wannabe :hugs: I would love to take a break but because of recent HSG I am really paranoid that we may miss our boosted fertile chance :wacko: My head tells me it isn't worth it until DH is on his eating plan but my heart says I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least try :(

Car pick up later today :dance:

Morning ladies, well it looks like i will be back joining you very soon :cry:
Had bad news at my 9 week scan yesterday (no hearbeat and the baby hadn't grown since last scan) :(

I was just wondering for all you ladies who have been through this before were you already bleeding? As i have to decide whether to let it happen naturally or intervene by kick starting it with tablets or having a DNC. and i just don't know what to do for the best

Sorry to put a downer into the thread, i don't mind if you want to message me separately as this thread should be about Hope.

Pink I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Please don't feel that you can't speak about this freely on this thread, I personally would rather you get the support you need from all of us then feel like you have to keep your pain quiet. If there is anything I can do, please let me know I am always just a PM away :hugs:

Each loss is different however yours sounds similar to mine as in it was a missed miscarriage and we also found out at just over 9 weeks :hugs: For me the actual physical loss started at just before 10 weeks (sac only measured 5-6) so it was almost a month since we actually lost baba that my body started taking charge.

Sending you lots of love :kiss: xxx

Oh i am so sorry pink :hugs: I have had 2 MMC's both at 11 weeks but the baby mesured 8 weeks. What size was yours at? The reason i ask it that at 8 weeks there is more in there and to go natural can be very painful, scarey and awfu! I landed in A & E last time with mine as the bleeding woudnt stop. If it were to happen to me again in the same timescale then i woud have a D & C. My last MC the baby was only about 6 weeks and was more like a super painful AF which i could cope with better.

With my first MMC the bleeding started the night after my scan, it was almost like seeing and knowing there was no HB started off the process. With my 2nd MMC i was booked in for a D & C but it was near xmas and they coudnt get me in right away, i had to wait for a week and then the night before it was meant to take place it happened naturally.

I'm so sorry for you pink! Agree with the other girls, please discuss it with us x

Thank you so much ladies.

Well my last scan before Monday's was at 7+3 where the heartbeat was slower than they would like. It only measured 6.4mm at mon's scan, so they weren't sure when the heartbeat had stopped. On an average approx 8 weeks. The sonographer said it looked like it was already starting to disintergrate and i've had more cramping over the last 24hours.

My sister miscarried at around 12weeks and the baby measured 10weeks. she said the same thing that if she had to have it again at that timescale she'd go straight for the d&c. They only do it on a monday at my clinic so maybe I should book myself in for one and it might happen before then anyhow?

:hugs: So sorry!! Agreed with FF, we would never want you to suffer in silence if you needed our support! I know that we all know how alone ltttc is anyway and we're here for you!

@Pinkfee.... I am so sorry for your loss hun....:hugs::hugs: My heart goes out to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers....:hugs::hugs:

I also agree with the other girls, you can talk to us about anything and we are here for you hun!!:hugs::hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/sorry-for-loss-glitter-1.gif

If you have a surgical procedure then it is over a lot quicker, but you just need to make sure that you are emotionally happy with that decision. In hindsight I think that I would probably have opted for D&C but I had it in my head that if my body did what it was supposed to then it would make me feel better about it all - I don't think it actually did.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->