Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Welcome!! I'm a newbie too and the girls are lovely!

I have my hsg booked in for the 28 feb, along with my day 2-6 bloods, then on the 8 march seeing our FS privately to discuss clomid or IVF... Which all in all is fantastic, only thing is that I've received a letter from the Nhs today, announcing our appointment with them on the 8 march. We was put on the wait list to see someone on the Nhs just in case my work insurance didn't cover investigations etc, but they do.
Obviously we want to see the Nhs dr, so we can discuss the 3 free rounds of IVF, but do I tell him we are also seeing a diff dr privately?? The Nhs dr also works privately at the hospital that we are using??
Sorry for the essay but won't be seeing our private doc until after the Nhs doc

Urch, don't worry, you'll be fine!

Lots of love xx

Buckles honesty is always the best policy but don't announce you are seeking a second private opinion unless asked, the NHS FS may think you aren't confident in his ability :flower:

Well I thought it was spotting this morning as my discharge had what I thought was a tinge to it but nothing :shrug: Only worry now is that my Nan had a fall (not a small lady) and I stupidly tried lifting her, cue major backache and excruciating cramps, not sure what is going on :wacko:

2 years exactly yesterday since we officially stated TTC :(

Urch I have faith that those two little embies are snuggled down and cell dividing like crazy! Your scan will be amazing full of screen wiggles and photo's :dance:

Well a tiny bit of spotting this morning for me, it isn't unheard of at 12dpo but as it is possible I am also 11dpo or 8dpo who knows :wacko: I am sure she will rear her ugly head just in time to ruin my weekend :growlmad:

cheers hon - I am hoping for squiggles and jiggles for sure!
Bloody AF - have never liked the bitch, but I hate her now :growlmad:

As I am about to round the corner of 1.5 years ttc, I think I am ready to join your group, if you'll have me!

I think I will need support once I start with the fertility appointments, so I am going to try and be more active here! Lots of :dust: for all of us :)

Of course we'll have you hon ... and we'll be here with all the love and support you need, when you need it xxx

Welcome!! I'm a newbie too and the girls are lovely!

I have my hsg booked in for the 28 feb, along with my day 2-6 bloods, then on the 8 march seeing our FS privately to discuss clomid or IVF... Which all in all is fantastic, only thing is that I've received a letter from the Nhs today, announcing our appointment with them on the 8 march. We was put on the wait list to see someone on the Nhs just in case my work insurance didn't cover investigations etc, but they do.
Obviously we want to see the Nhs dr, so we can discuss the 3 free rounds of IVF, but do I tell him we are also seeing a diff dr privately?? The Nhs dr also works privately at the hospital that we are using??
Sorry for the essay but won't be seeing our private doc until after the Nhs doc

Urch, don't worry, you'll be fine!

Lots of love xx

If you're not seeing the private folks til after the nhs ones - then I wouldn't mention it at all!
see what the nhs are going to offer - then make up your mind about the private clinic :D

AFM I've had a right game getting my meds today ... I went to Boots this morning with the prescription and they ordered it for me (and said they'd be there in the afternoon) so I went after work and the delivery people had forgotten to deliver!
long story short, the lovely lady has arranged for the delivery peeps to bring the meds to me on Saturday morning - which will be just in time by the skin of my teeth :wacko:

Well as long as it's in time that is the main thing :flower:

I really wish that the monthly monster would just turn up rather then faffing about and getting my hopes up by spotting and then buggering off! She is some kind of sadist I tell you! x

A Totally NOT fertility related update:

(But I'm 9dpo of an 'on our own cycle', if you're keeping track)

I got offered a job today for after I graduate in May!!!!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!! It's totally a dream job as a nurse practitioner in the emergency department of my first choice hospital!!!!

Congrats fisher!! Now you can finish your schooling relaxed knowing you are set to go =D Well done :thumbup:

Hey ladies. So update. I went to Infertility doctor and was told that I definitely have PCOS (which I knew) and we would probably have to do IUI. My DH had to do SA to see if it could possibly be anything on his end either (though I don't think it is). The doctor wants to do HSG but my insurance won't cover it and the cost is high. I am at a loss. We just moved within the last 3 months and we are making two house payments. I don't think I can afford all of the infertility stuff and my insurance won't cover anything, including office visits. Needless to save I have had a miserable day and am very angry with insurance. I just feel lost. This all sucks! (sorry I am on a rant). It's nice to know there are other people out there who understand what I am going through though. Thank you for listening to me ladies. If anyone has any advice since I'm new to the whole infertility doctor experience it would be appreciated. Baby dust to all!

Hey ladies. So update. I went to Infertility doctor and was told that I definitely have PCOS (which I knew) and we would probably have to do IUI. My DH had to do SA to see if it could possibly be anything on his end either (though I don't think it is). The doctor wants to do HSG but my insurance won't cover it and the cost is high. I am at a loss. We just moved within the last 3 months and we are making two house payments. I don't think I can afford all of the infertility stuff and my insurance won't cover anything, including office visits. Needless to save I have had a miserable day and am very angry with insurance. I just feel lost. This all sucks! (sorry I am on a rant). It's nice to know there are other people out there who understand what I am going through though. Thank you for listening to me ladies. If anyone has any advice since I'm new to the whole infertility doctor experience it would be appreciated. Baby dust to all!

Just FYI cause I'm not sure what u walked about with your insurance company versus the FS office. I had a huge freak out in August when we got referred and the summary goes like this: the FS said we needed to call to verify coverage first. Ins company said they cover nothing. Nothing.

The truth of the matter however has been they covered the SA, the HSG, all the bloodwork, the ultrasound, and they've covered all my office visits. So far I've just paid my office visit copays and I had to pay for the IUI - but we did an unmedicated one (unmedicated means they don't need to monitor via bloodwork or ultrasound) so it wasn't as bad as I thought ~$300. If we decide to go with clomid for the next IUI I will need to pay for the IUI plus an ultrasound to check #follicles. The ultrasound is ~$150.

I mean all places and insurances are different but I completely freaked out just like you did. (sobbing mess when DH got home that day) but so far the insurance company has paid for all the testing even though they said they don't. (shhhhhh!!!! Don't tell them ;) )

Just FYI cause I'm not sure what u walked about with your insurance company versus the FS office. I had a huge freak out in August when we got referred and the summary goes like this: the FS said we needed to call to verify coverage first. Ins company said they cover nothing. Nothing.

The truth of the matter however has been they covered the SA, the HSG, all the bloodwork, the ultrasound, and they've covered all my office visits. So far I've just paid my office visit copays and I had to pay for the IUI - but we did an unmedicated one (unmedicated means they don't need to monitor via bloodwork or ultrasound) so it wasn't as bad as I thought ~$300. If we decide to go with clomid for the next IUI I will need to pay for the IUI plus an ultrasound to check #follicles. The ultrasound is ~$150.

I mean all places and insurances are different but I completely freaked out just like you did. (sobbing mess when DH got home that day) but so far the insurance company has paid for all the testing even though they said they don't. (shhhhhh!!!! Don't tell them ;) )

Fisher thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case for me. I went to have the test today and the hospital told me flat out that it was denied and I would have to pay $1500.00 just for the HSG. I obviously told them that was not possible and therefore did not have the test. I have been told by several others at my work that have gone through this as well and they said the insurance will not cover anything infertility related. I also called the insurance and asked why I was denied for my test as it was being used to diagnose problems I am having with my PCOS and they lady on the other end was quite rude and insisted there is a clause in our insurance that states anything to do with infertility is not covered. When I tried to explain to her that this test was not for infertility (fibbing a little, I told her it was for my PCOS) she continued to inform me that nothing would be covered. I was just heart broken. Thanks for your imput and I'm glad it is working out for you. I just have to figure out another way to make it work I guess?

that's brilliant news fisher! well done you xxx

vjp - I'm afraid I know nothing about the insurance situation, but just wanted to give you a hug :hugs: cuz it is unfair that any of us have to pay for this shit!

Yay Fisher :dance:

VJP I'm sorry hun :hugs: Could you change insurance at all? Not sure how it all works :wacko:

Well that evil cow has crash landed in time to ruin the weekend :growlmad: Surprised, no - upset, of course :(

Thanks for the sweet hellos everyone!!

That really sucks Feisty. Mine should arrive any day now and I feel your pain. Its such a slap in the face every month. Sigh. I hope it comes and go quickly so that you can start getting ready for next cycle.

Congrats on the job Fisher! That is awesome!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

So sorry af has turned up :hugs:

AFM: well i think its safe to say we are out this month as OH decided to with hold as he feels that we only ever :sex: when I'm fertile so apart from a brief encounter earlier this week (which unless I ovulate today won't count) we haven't done anything since. We do have :sex: when I'm not fertile but I will admit that I do initiate it more when I'm fertile so need to get out of that habit as dont want OH to feel like I am just using him for his :spermy: but can't help feel like today is the last chance for this cycle and just feels like a waste not to try, although I am pleased that i didnt snap at him and cause an argument and made a big issue of it which I probaby would have done in the past

congrats fishers on the guaranteed job!!! well done :happydance:

FF - that m*therf*cking b*tch is twisted, never arrives when you need her to and always keeps you guessing... i know you didn't have much hope for this cycle but it still always sucks when she arrives :hugs:

vjp - sorry your having such a rough time with your insurers, can't add any advice as i'm also on the other side of the pond but wanted to send you a :hugs:

hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oh Gilmore that sucks we have that same fight every few months. It's on a regular rotation with the infertility crew I believe. Then when I cry when AF arrives he feels bad and it's off for another few months. :sigh:

Tash you've basically summed it up! My GP wasn't particularly helpful this morning, i asked if it was possible to have another scan locally so it could help me make a definite decision about what to do and he told me I should go back to the IVF clinic and discuss my worries with them, but as i'm questioning their results i don't feel quite comfortable with that. or i could do a private scan... i need to discuss it with the OH and see what he thinks but i might just have the private scan and put all the doubts to bed. Its just i've had no bleeding and no real pain/cramping so its difficult to get it into my head that its real. x

I don't see why he can't just send u for another scan without going back to the ivf clinic, u need this scan to help you, i would get the private scan huni xx

Congratulaions Fisher x FF i'm with u i have had the lying tits all week and the witch came this morning, well it was not a suprise to me as we couldn't bd before my hsg and if i ov'd at the right time that was when i had my hsg so i'm not too bad about it this month but this month i will be back into trying again xx

:witch: all around apparently... She's like Santa Claus only less fun. Travels round the world visiting every home.

She's not here yet but my lying tits are noticeably less loud about their lying this morning and I had familiar pre- :witch: twinges below last night. I'm staying at my parents to watch the pets while they're out of town and packed a whole arsenal of witch supplies because you know how she likes to show up when you're on 'vacation'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->