Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Hi ladies! Hope you are all ready for a fabulous weekend!

Poco- Sorry to hear that dh is annoying you. I hope it gets better so it doesn't ruin your weekend.

Raz- sorry your routine has been wacky because of the pups. Hopefully you got in some well timed bding.

Purple- I hate frustrating cycles. I have 28 day cycles too and I ususlly ov by day 14. Have you ever not ovulated, or ovulated this late? All I can think is keep doing your opk's and getting in some bding. Fingers crossed that this all works out for you in the end.

RANT WARNING!
AFM, It's 8dpo and so far no symptoms or anything to make me think it might have worked this time. I go in to see the doctor on Tuesday to talk about what to do once I move. Right now all my fertility stuff is done through the military hospital on base, but the new base we are moving to doesn't have a military hospital and my insurance doesn't pay for anything for infertility. So, unless I pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING from now on, this is the last month of ttc with help. The RE in the new city has a $300 fee just for the initial consultation (which is 45 minutes and can be done on the phone! Seriously, a $300 phone call!! Who does that?). I'm starting to get really frustrated. Why is this not working for me? I feel like more tests are required because there is obviously something wrong. But I really don't know if I can afford them. Sorry, I'm just having a down day. I guess I just need to let it go and relax and enjoy the weekend.
I hate to unload on you ladies, thanks for letting me rant!
:dust::dust::dust:

@Chels, Big hugs to you hun..:hugs: :hugs:. I am sorry about your problems with being able to afford infertility treatments. I understand how difficult it is trying to afford the treatments, and how stressful and upsetting it is, I think cost is the biggest obstacle for me as well since my insurance doesnt cover infertility care at all either.

Wannabe I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment hun :hugs: I am not university educated purely because my biggest fear is what you are experiencing - huge debt with no job :hugs: I just wanted to tell you to focus on all the wonderful things you have achieved and not the negatives (I know it's so very hard). You are obviously a wonderful and caring person (your posts and endearing pictures prove this) and as frustrating as it may seem at the moment you have a degree that you worked flipping hard for! You are going to make an amazing Mummy and although it may take time, I know you will get there :flower:

Tired beyond belief and just hoping it doesn't ruin our bedding plans tomorrow :wacko:

So I found out just 20 minutes ago that I have to pay out of pocket for Clomid and it's $105 for 5 pills. Buuuuuut, I think CVS is using the wrong medical plan, one of my plans covers prescriptions and the other doesn't so I'll be trying to figure that out later! Oh joy!

FF - thanks! Me too! I mean $105 is not terrible but it would still be nice not to have to spend that!

Ashley - Ask about the generic form. I had that and it only cost me $25 because insurance wouldn't cover it.

Wannabe I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment hun :hugs: I am not university educated purely because my biggest fear is what you are experiencing - huge debt with no job :hugs: I just wanted to tell you to focus on all the wonderful things you have achieved and not the negatives (I know it's so very hard). You are obviously a wonderful and caring person (your posts and endearing pictures prove this) and as frustrating as it may seem at the moment you have a degree that you worked flipping hard for! You are going to make an amazing Mummy and although it may take time, I know you will get there :flower:

Tired beyond belief and just hoping it doesn't ruin our bedding plans tomorrow :wacko:

Thank you for the kind words hun....:hugs::hugs::flower:

I honestly didnt think that I would ever regret going back to school to get my BA degree. Of course when I started the degree program back in 2008 the economy wasnt totally turned to shit just yet and the field of human resources was predicted to grow and have more jobs in the field... And I wasnt happy with the jobs I was getting, and I also wasnt bit by the TTC bug yet, so the concerns about being able to afford taking care of baby on one income with the student loan debt thrown in there wasnt a concern of mine yet....

If I could go back in time and change my mind I wouldnt of went back to school, because I am still stuck getting the same exact kinds of jobs and same pay scale as I was getting without the degree... And now I will be paying the student loan until I am in the grave... sigh... The only way that I would recommend a 4 year degree program at an expensive college would be if you were already working in your career field and you knew that getting your degree would mean that you could move up to the next level or if not having the degree was holding you back.. or just get a certificate or learn a trade, something with a low cost and almost a gurantee that you will have a job when you finish, anything in the health care field is a great way to go these days.... Going to community college for an associates degree is a great idea because of the low cost as well....

On another note I am feeling much better now since DH, me and our dog went hiking on some trails around this very pretty lake in a state park close to our house this afternoon. It was a sunny lovely day in the 50's which is almost unheard of for this time of the year here and our dog absolutely loved it.. she always gets so excited exploring on all of the trails.. We saw a bunch of people riding horse back as well, the horses were very pretty, and than we made the mistake of hiking down a horse trail, and man was there alot of horse shit on the trail, my dog almost tried to eat the horse's poop but i yelled at her and stopped her just in the nick of time..Ewww.. I love dogs but they can be really gross at times... LOL...:haha:

Dazed - yeah I'll get the generic it's $25 dollars after I find out if the non-generic one is covered or not. Thanks for the advice! =D :hugs:

Here is a picture of the lake from our hike today... There are apparently alot of beavers around the lake, we saw a tree that was half eaten through with beaver teeth marks on it.. Another nice thing is when it is warm you can rent a canoe and go paddling around the lake...:flower:

2012-02-17 15.08.57.jpg

Beautiful wannabe :flower: I love walking too but we never seem to have the time or energy to do it :wacko:

Well I got that CVS stuff sorted out and I got the name brand for $15. The insurance did cover it they were just using the wrong insurance information :) yay!!!

Ash- glad you got the insurance stuff figured out. $15 is a lot better than $105! Good luck with clomid and IUI this cycle. Hopefully this more aggressive approach is just what you need.

Wannabe- Your walk sounded absolutely lovely! Sometimes a nice walk can do wonders for your mood. I'm glad you stopped your dog from eating the poo just in time. My dog doesn't try to eat the horse poo at the trails we walk on, but she does like to roll around in it which is infinately more disgusting! Hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your weekend!

So I found out just 20 minutes ago that I have to pay out of pocket for Clomid and it's $105 for 5 pills. Buuuuuut, I think CVS is using the wrong medical plan, one of my plans covers prescriptions and the other doesn't so I'll be trying to figure that out later! Oh joy!

Ash check walmart too for future. It should only be 9 dollars at walmart for 5 pills.

Wannabe and chels i am sorry you were having a bad day. Sometimes it good to vent and everyone here is wonderful. :hugs:

Sorry my nook is acting up. Updates on our ltttc: we are going to do iui this month with clomid 150 mg and ovidrel. Im excited and hoping it takes. Fingers crossed.

wannabe - that looks like a fab place to walk ... and think yourself lucky that it's only horse poo that your dog eats - one of mine eats dog poo. On Thursday, after indulging his habit, he then threw up all over the sitting room floor - just as we had sat down to tea

now THAT was gross!

Ash - glad you managed to get your meds at a reasonable price - 15 is waaay better than 105!

vj - that all sounds very exciting - fingers crossed for you chikkie xxx

I managed to sleep til nearly 6 this morning so am feeling fresh n perky! well, apart from the nausea (but that's still reassuring)

Today I have no plans yet - though Mr Urch is doing DIY, so I think my supervisory presence will be needed ... nothing is ever quite straight if he is let loose on his own :haha:

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my mum - yaaaay!

goodmorning. well the :witch: got me two days ago, i went through the "why" phase, feeling low and sad and now i am better.

had this interesting conversation with a friend about her opinion on any kind of asisted conception vs. adoption and got myself all worked and now i am kicking myself a little for confiding in her about our baby making troubles... eh, screw it. who cares?
anyway.

so good luck vjpfeif with the IUI this month! we're also possibly heading in that direction :thumbup:
wannabeprego
what a great pic! the walk around the lake sounds real nice! walking, biking and hiking are all therapeutic! :hugs:

VJ Good Luck :)
Greek It is always hard to judge who will be understanding, and to be honest no one will unless they have been through it, I am a firm believer of not keeping it a secret and also if someone does say something stupid then tell them, don't let them make you feel bad.
Wannabe That lake does sound immense, my dog would love it
Urchin when is your scan I missed that bit?

AFM I was so looking forward to the weekend, but I have a stinking cold (occupational hazard) and my hubby got a lot of shouts last night (he is a fireman) so despite going to bed early to shift the cold, I still didn't get any extra sleep, so I am just going to stay home and do the house work etc how exciting is my life!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->