Anyone LTTTC Number One?

FF. I've got the same feeling, there are certain friends and family who I just know their pregnancy/babies will tear me up more than others. I'm in my cousins wedding next weekend and she's a few years older than me so I'm quite sure they will sart trying right away and I know I'll be bitter if she has a baby before me since we've been trying so long.

Fisher I personally believe that stress does not have such an impact on fertility as everyone seems to believe. War torn or poverty stricken countries don't see a decline in fertility during stressful times so we should we be so special that it would affect us in this way?

Well I am trying to play sods law at the moment. We have a teeny two bedroom flat and a very hyper chihuahua which is about to become two very hyper active chihuahua's. Logically our flat and soon to be lifestyle is not equipped to deal with a baby so hoping sods law will work in our favour with a :bfp: :haha: Of course that said I was hoping for that when we got puppy number one and a year later not even a sniff of a :bfp: :(

I was actually thinking of this yesterday -- I know it's horrible, but people that are fearing for their lives and living day to day not knowing what will happen to them get pregnant...wow I've become a horrible person! :O So I also don't think our first-world "stresses" have a significant effect on fertility.

When I read about you guys getting emotional after seeing your friends and relatives with babies/bumps, I think of how these days, I've become so emotional, I get teary even watching people on TV with babies! Even regular TV shows like Army Wives make me :cry: .... and then I get angry when I see people IRL treating their kids horribly and I wonder how people like that have many kids and DH and I have so much love to give and we don't have any. :nope:

When I read about you guys getting emotional after seeing your friends and relatives with babies/bumps, I think of how these days, I've become so emotional, I get teary even watching people on TV with babies! Even regular TV shows like Army Wives make me :cry: .... and then I get angry when I see people IRL treating their kids horribly and I wonder how people like that have many kids and DH and I have so much love to give and we don't have any. :nope:

My husband actually has quite a plausible explanation for this. He refers to it as Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. Terrible parents will in 90% of cases produce children that if they reach adulthood will not be such great members of society and so these parents need to produce more offspring in the hope that their gene pool will survive. Those of us that are going to be flipping fab parents will produce nice all rounded pillars of society and therefore will produce less offspring.

I am sure it's complete pants but it does at least give me hope ;)

I love that theory FF! It might keep me going next time I see my cousin.

She's a few years younger than me (and Im only 27) but she's now pregnant with no.5!! I swear that girl just has to look at a diaper and she's pregnant. I can't bare to speak to her at the moment because every time I do she always asks how long it will be before me and My partner have kids. It's not her fault mind, because she doesn't know we've been trying and certainly doesn't know how long. It's just heartbreaking, especially when unbeknown to people they then say "you're not getting any younger you know".

It's happening more and more at the moment as we are due to get married in bout 4 month. My partner is amazing tho and he always tries to jump in and change the conversation, and then when I'm crying my eyes out at home, needless to say a cuppa and a hug are always close by.

I've just realised what a rant Ive had-oops sorry :s

morning my lovelies :D

I what a crap easter this is turning out to be - I have a chest infection and a fever (not dangerously high) and am generally feeling sorry for myself :cry:

Oh Urch :hugs: Please make sure you take it easy until this passes :hugs: I know it is pantage but the whole reason you got poorly is because baba is stealing most of your body reserves meaning your immune system is low.

Blue dreams rant away hun! It always helps :flower:

Saw mini Boo for the first time and she is lush :cloud9:

I'm going to hit the five year mark on July 1st.

I have numerous issues, see my Sig. I haven't ovulated in years and have had 6 failed rounds of Clomid. Stared Vitex the night before last and hoping for a miracle. I just feel way too young to have issues TTC...

Your guess is as good as mine..lol! Typically, it's the opposite, you can spasm and show blockage when in fact your tubes are open. The dye spilled through both sides and I was diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. It wasn't until I went in for a diagnostic laparoscopy and chromotubation that they saw my tubes were both blocked at the distal end. My RE wants me to repeat the HSG in a couple months and he's bat $hit crazy if he thinks I will put myself through that torture again for a false prognosis. We are trying naturally while we save for Fimbrioplasty or IVF.
This just goes to show you that fertility tests are not always accurate. All these years wasted thinking we were capable of conceiving, when we had a huge obstacle in our way...blocked tubes :(

Hi Ladies - wow what a busy lil thread this is.....glad to have the conversation though!

Lucy - yes I totally understand that....I get like that....DH knows that for the first 2 days of my cycle to leave me be as I will just lay on the couch and watch tv....then by day 4 or 5 I start telling him how I think this is going to be our month. I guess we all just need those couple of days to grieve for something that wasnt.

FX - It is nice to have someone to vent to. I have you ladies....I dont speak to anyone around here about ttc as it is a small island no one can keep a secret!

SB - Yeah for AF...I am in your boat...I just want AF to start so I can also start my femara!

10years - sorry about IVF not working. SOmetimes I feel like all of this ttc is such a cruel game that someone up there is playing on us. Bding for us did become like that...I think my hysterscopy came at the right time as I did need a ttc break. I just didnt want to do it anymore and I am not usually like that.

FF - That is great we have our own month! LOL....hey I think bringing awareness to this problem is great that way the shame that most of us feel for not getting pg so easily wont be so bad.

Tash - I agree with FF...lets see the tat!

Ash - Dont listen to the hype.....If it will help....search the internet for only positive things....Like...IUI success with clomid...that is what I do...i know it sounds crazy but it helps to see it works rather than it doesnt.

lian - great name...thats my sisters name. fxed that af has left your building!

kcarey - I just read your siggy....how did they do an hsg in 2011 an dtubes were open and then they find in 2012 that they are not? What happened between these time frames? If you dont want to answer I understand no problem...just curious.

well afm, just sitting and waiting, I cant tell when I actually oved but I just need this tww to b e over so I can start on my fertility protocol.

Your guess is as good as mine..lol! Typically, it's the opposite, you can spasm and show blockage when in fact your tubes are open. The dye spilled through both sides and I was diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. It wasn;t until I went in for a diagnostic laparoscopy and chromotubation that they saw my tubes were both blocked at the distal end. My RE wants me to repeat the HSG in a couple months and he's bat $hit crazy if he thinks I will put myself through that torture again for a false prognosis. We are trying naturally while we save for Fimbrioplasty or IVF.

I have been using the monitor and charting on Fertility Friend for 2 years. I always get a peak as well as 4-6 fertile days. My problem is not ovulating however. I love it! A bit of advise if you do use it, once you get your "egg" or peak reading, STOP using the sticks- it is programmed to automatically give you one more peak day and a high so dont waste your time or money (sticks are not cheap, but cheaper on Ebay).

Feeling rather disheartened about all the lucky ladies managing to get :bfp: at the moment (not the LTTTC gang though) It sucks to be us!

Does anyone in here use a CBFM? wondering if it would be worth a shot or complete waste of time?

Clearly, I am new to this site. Please forgive me for posting multiple posts..lol!

Hi Tiki and welcome to the LTTTC crew - we're a friendly lot round here xxx

kc - don't worry, it's nice of you to reply to lots of people :thumbup:

AFM, temp still hovering around 101F - managing to keep it under 102F with paracetamol but only just. If this is still going on on Tuesday I will get me to the doctors

My husband actually has quite a plausible explanation for this. He refers to it as Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. Terrible parents will in 90% of cases produce children that if they reach adulthood will not be such great members of society and so these parents need to produce more offspring in the hope that their gene pool will survive. Those of us that are going to be flipping fab parents will produce nice all rounded pillars of society and therefore will produce less offspring.

I am sure it's complete pants but it does at least give me hope ;)

LOL I love it!! That's the best explanation ever. I, too, will remember this when I feel low. Thanks for sharing :D

Get well soon urchin!

Tonight after work I popped my first clomid50! Now I'm going to be to sleep though any possible side effects as all you ladies advised! Zzzz

Hey ladies! :hi:

I can see there is happy news for Purple_hope congrats on the BFP!

and very happy to see that your carrying a peach Urch! sorry to hear your a bit poorly and hope you get better very quickly.

sorry i've not managed to read through all i missed but hope everyone is doing well.

I'm feeling good after the break away and actually this is probably only a pit-stop as i've decided to keep the break going until we start our next cycle of IVF which i'm hoping will be sometime in May, but just wanted to pop in a say hello and to say i've not forgotten you and i'm still wishing you all well...

:dust: x

Hi pink! Glad you popped in!

Congrats purple! That is such good news!!!

Ff - I love your theory of survival of the fittest! So true. 

As for me AF still not appeared! I had some reddy/ brown cm just like I was about to come on... Then nothing! I've been getting spotting every now and then but it's really not enough to call a perion, not sure what's happening down there but it better sort itself out as really want to take my clomid again

Went to my brother in laws wedding last night, had a great time and it was a fantastic day but I hate weddings as all you get is questions 'when will you start a family' or 'do you want kids', I just stick a smile on my face and say not just yet - what a joke!

Urch sorry your ill hope you feel better soon & look after yourself and your fuzzy peach!

xx

Sticky is this usual for you?

Well spotting has held off and now 13dpo (started spotting at 11dpo last cycle) but it doesn't mean anything amazing just that clomid obviously stops me spotting :haha:

Urchin please go see GP, I know you say it's minor but we all want you to be fussing over-yourself right now! xxx

Hi to the newbies and welcome!

Dazed - Yey to OH going for SA at last.... what are men like! my OH said it was not as bad as he thought and he had to go to the hospital for IVF tests and do it there too... i was very proud of him! ha

Urchin - Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

FF - I love your OH theory i will keep that in mind when i am feeling down... Can we have some picis of your puppy?

Mrs H - Hope you have a lovely day on Tuesday

Fisher - Good luck with the clomid hope it works for you!

Hi to every one else hope you have had a lovely easter break... just munching on an easter egg as we speak! CD 11 for me so lets hope this is our month :thumbup:

Lucy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->