Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Urchin, forgot to tell you that the cloth nappie discussion followed me to my dreams! I couldn't believe it when I woke up.

I'm also somewhere in my TWW. Due somewhere between the 3rd and the 6th. If I go by the day my opk when negative again its the 3rd I think. Never could really figure out my LP, I have a guess that its about 12 days.

lol Dazed - the Fuzzy Bums are gonna get ya!
Have you ever seen The Prisoner? I have mental images of giant Fuzzy Bums chasing you through Welsh villages!

Haha... actually it was pumpkin seeds! Good thing I finished them off last night so my dreams are hopefully safe tonight.

Fisher - we are cycle buds...OH I hope this cycle gives us our BFP's

Urchin - please do stick around...it is lovely to have you here.

Lets not talk about dreams...LOL...I have had the craziest ones the last few days...dreamt I was watching myself sleep and I was completely cocooned in a shower curtain....then last night, I dreamt me and DH were swimming in a large ship shaped pool....in Las Vegas....do you think it is time for vacation or what LOL

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!

FF glad your numbers are up that's great news!

Afm, my numbers are also up but unfortunately this isn't good news for me! I went for another blood test today to make sure my numbers were going down, pg test was still positive. I got a call back at lunch asking me to go back asap due to my hcg going up slightly, I went from being 1230 to 1800ish, because of this the pregnancy that was in there may be ectopic, still to early to tell though so need to go next week again to get my bloods done to see if they come down if not they said they need to go in & have a look.

xx

Oh bugger SB - a long drawn out affair is not what you need :hugs:

FF - I am sooooo happy to hear that everything with you is ok. I was worried for you!

Urchin - I am glad that you are feeling better.

Sticky - I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I really hope that they get everything sorted out for ya. FX for ya!

AFM - finally got AF last thursday, the day I decided to test, and got a bfn. I was happy that she came after 93 days because I am no longer in limbo, but at the same time it was crushing because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe this was it.

I am going to temp this month, never done it before, just always tried to bd when I felt and thought it was the time. I have no clue what to do though. I know that I have to temp the same time every day after 3 to 4 hours of continuous sleep, but other than that I am clueless.

We have been ttc for about 3 years, but I feel like I have no clue what I am doing. There are so many things I could have been doing before now that no one, doctors included, told me about. I feel cheated.

Just this month I have completely given up both caffeine and soda, and have tried to eat healthier. No fast food for me. I have also been religiously taking my vitex and prenatals. Yesterday I bought some herbal tea and have had a few glasses of that. I am going to go look st FF's post about the fertility tea and try that as well. I would love to start walking every day. I exercise when I can, but where we live has gone in the toilet and it isn't safe for me to go outside during the day even. We are moving soon. I can't wait. I would go to the gym but the closest one is an hour away.

Sorry for the little bit of self pity in there, I have been feeling really down this week dealing with AF and waiting for her to go away. She is treating me very badly this time. 8 days of terrible cramps and hugging on my heating pad.

Gypsy girl good luck with the temping. It is quite a bit more difficult with PCOS because of the irregularities. Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weischler (spelling?) is like the BBT bible if you want all the background. The only advantage of temping is knowing when you ovulate... But you don't know til after the fact and it's kind of characteristic of PCOS to have long annovulatory cycles. Have you used OPK sticks? You may have better luck getting a ginormous pack of them off amazon and doing both because they let you know when your LH rises 24-36hrs BEFORE you ovulate to better time BDing.

Of course... I talk a good game and have never gotten pregnant either so... Take it for what it's worth. Good luck!

I have checked out opk's, but everything that I read on those said that they were inaccurate if you use them with pcos, but I may look into getting some of those and use them along with temping. That will probably give me the best estimation of what my cycle is like.

Gypsy you are right in deciding to bbt :thumbup: It will take the worry and guess work out of whether your cycle is annovulatory. Basics are;

Make sure you test at the same time every day
Make sure you try to keep your sleeping arrangements the same ie only 1 duvet etc
Make sure you use a decent charting software like fertility friend to work it all out for you
As soon as you see a drop make sure you have an extra session of bedding that day as you are likely to ovulate (understand with PCOS you may get many 'false' drops)

I think using OPK with BBT is the best step :thumbup:

Sticky I am so sorry my sweet, when will they be able to tell you for definite? Limbo land is horrible and having that hanging over you is just awful :hugs:

Gypsy, I'm sorry to hear the witch got you ... it's so unfair how we can be lulled into getting our hopes up, only to have them dashed again :(

Good luck with the temping, I never got on with it but others on here did just great :thumbup:

AFM I'm off down to Bristol today to pick up the iCandy Peach I've bought off preloved - and I'm super dooper excited about it! :dance:

Thanks everyone, basically all I can do is wait! Once fri comes I'll have an answer, if my numbers go down we are fine and they'll continue to monitor, if they go up they'll go in and have a look, in the mean time if I have any heavy bleeding or pains I have to go in asap.all fun & games!

Gypsy I am exactly the same as you, I have PCOS and sometimes have only 1 period a year or Sometimes I actually bleed for months at at time, have you been to the drs to get your 21 day bloods to see if you even ovulate yet? I went for them originally and I don't ovulate on my own ( due to the pcos) opk's don't work on me either, my dr has given me some provera to take if I have a really long cycle to bring on AF then I take clomid day 2 - 6 to make me ovulate having day 21 bloods taken every month I was on 50mg clomid 1st month then 100 after that and started ovulating on the 2nd course, because opk's don't work and i cant temp due to a irregular sleep pattern (work) we then BD'd everyother day from cd8 - cd21 to cover our basis. (I have a sneaking suspicion I ov early on clomid cd 8 - 10ish) first month we done all this together (6th round of clomid) we got our BFP! Not that are pregnant with it now but still 1/2 the battles figured out for us! Once I took the clomid my cycles got shorter and more regular, I got down to 30 days! Go me!!!
Don't know if you've tried any of this but you sound very familiar to me a year ago! I've come to the conclusion my body can't get there on it's own and I need all the drugs I can get to help it.I also demand a lot more at the drs, if you don't ask you want get, I write a list of all the things I want to ask and don't leave til I've asked them all as I think sometimes once your in the drs you can feel rushed and like your wasting their time.

Anyway enough of my ramblings hope this helps gypsy!

Well I'll love you & leave you all, have to go & brave the rain to take my dog for a walk before she starts climbing the Walls!

Hope everyone has a good wkend!

xx

Just to throw this out there, have any of you's thought about getting your eggs frozen?

After all this coming about and the potential risk I could loose a tube me & my DH was talking about it last night and wether it would be worth it? Just incase anything bad was to happen you at least have a little egg stash! - have any of you done this or thought about it? I've heard it's meant to be painful?

Food for thought!

xx

Also gypsy - GI diet worked quite well with my PCOS, I must admit I don't stick to it as I'm lazy but feel so much better in myself when I'm on it, I'm sure once when I first started it and had done it for a whole month it brought my AF on, although this could have been coincidence but I like to think it was the diet!

Right really going now!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"