Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabeprego, the charting advice I can give is to know that your temps can be erratic during the time you are on your period. I typically don't start temping until cd7 or so. Also, I agree with fisher to not temp during your luteal phase- or at least cut back during that time. You just end up reading way to much into it. I recently started drastically reducing my temping once I get my crosshairs. Ask any questions you have about charting/temping (you will get more once you start) and I'll do my best to answer them (been charting for a while now). GL!

Good luck wannabe - hope everything goes well with the surgery and the ttc! i gave up on temping as i don't think i ever really got the hang of it.... my cycles could be all over the place though, and it started to stress me out... which i thought was counterproductive. Definitely give it a go though as it really suits some people. x

:wave: Hi Ladies! Can I join this thread? I am 32 and have been TTC for 21 months now. It's been a roller coaster of a journey and I just pray that it has a happy ending soon. I feel crazier and more desperate every month that passes. I'm starting injections next month and am pretty nervous (nervous that it won't work mainly). I really hope you all get your long awaited BFP very soon! :dust::dust:

Welcome to the group Kmae!!! :flower: I am the same age as you!!:thumbup:
Although my DH is in his early 40's now, and is older than me,Thanks for the charting advice. Have you been through the infertility testing stuff yet and do you know what issue you are facing with your fertility? Good luck and baby dust to you!!! I hope you get your BFP soon!!:dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/-gif.gif

My DH had a vasetomy reversal, it was 14 years old, he reversed it back in 10/2009, He has a low sperm count as a result of the VR, and I went through the long list of infertility testing myself when pregnancy didn't happen, which leads to my upcoming surgery.I have some details in my signature as well. My HSG revealed a fibroid on my uterus wall and something on the inside of my uterus, and indicated that I had one possibly blocked fallopian tube. It might of just spasmed and it might not be blocked but I am doing the lap surgery to make sure it isn't blocked anyways. I did a saline sonohystergraphy which revealed a polyp in my uterus, so I also need a hysterscopy to remove that as well. The fibroid on my uterus wall is embedded in the muscle so the DR is just going to leave that alone, since it shouldn't affect my fertilty, and the location means it would be to difficult to remove it. So that is my story in a nut shell!! :thumbup: After my surgery, DH & me should be able to start TTC again for my september cycle, my plan is to try a few rounds of clomid and :sex: the old fashioned way,and if that doesn't work than it is onto IUI. :thumbup:

Girls, Thanks for the good luck wishes and the temping advice!! :flower:

I have some more charting/ temping questions??

Do you girls take your temps orally or vaginally? What time of the day do you take your temps? Do I ned to take the temps at the same time everyday?

I was thinking of temping at the times of between 6pm to 8pm because of my work schedule and always rushing out the door in the mornings, so that I can keep up with it. I was worried about being too obsessive with adding in the daily temping, but I am already going to be obsessed since I will have some new hope for a BFP after the surgery is done. :wacko:So at this point throwing in this element cant make me any more crazier than I already will be...LOL...:blush:

I take my temps orally which seems to work for me. But many ladies take them vanginally especially if they have too many erratic temperature shifts while taking them orally- vaginay is suppose to be more accurate. I take my temps between 5:30 & 6:00am (when my alarm goes off) each day. I would suggest. not trying to let more than a half an hour difference when temping as even 1 hr. difference can make a big change (the longer you sleep the more your temps increase). Also, take your temps the first thing when you wake up in the morning and before you get out of bed- I keep mine next to my alarm clock. I hope that helps! Wouldn't that be great if we both got our BFPs in September?!

AFM, I have been through fertility testing. Got the HSG done and everything was normal & clear. But I don't ovulate on my own or my cycles are pretty long without meds. My RE said that I have too many follicles but not enough to have PCOS- which he thinks could be the problem??? Tried Clomid for 3 rounds which didn't do the trick so I took a month off meds and am onto injections in September. I ovulated at a good time this month and was told Clomid can stay in your system for a month or two. Good luck with your surgery!

Girls, Thanks for the good luck wishes and the temping advice!! :flower:

I have some more charting/ temping questions??

Do you girls take your temps orally or vaginally? What time of the day do you take your temps? Do I ned to take the temps at the same time everyday?

I was thinking of temping at the times of between 6pm to 8pm because of my work schedule and always rushing out the door in the mornings, so that I can keep up with it. I was worried about being too obsessive with adding in the daily temping, but I am already going to be obsessed since I will have some new hope for a BFP after the surgery is done. :wacko:So at this point throwing in this element cant make me any more crazier than I already will be...LOL...:blush:

It really needs to be first thing when you wake. Otherwise it's just a body temperature and not a basal body temperature. I work shifts and never had any major issues with temp changes based on sleeping in an hour or two but that bothers some people. The only thing that changed my temp every time was any alcohol the night before. I always took mine orally. It does fluctuate a bit but after a few months you'll see the general trends and then little fluctuations won't make a difference in your chart reslly

Thanks again for all of the advice girls!! :flower: I think I have a pretty good understanding of charting/temping now. I am going to try to make the time to sit down and watch fertility friend's free charting videos they have on their website before my September cycle. Plus once I actually start I am sure that I will have additional questions for you ladies at that time as well!!!:winkwink:

I take mine vaginally because I mouth breathe a lot in my sleep, so that works better for me.

I'm also a mouth breather but still take my temp orally as it is the temp shift you are looking at, not the actual temperature.

I set an alarm to off at the same time each morning and then go back to sleep after I have taken my temp :)

Hi All,

Kmae - Welcome hun, hope your stay is not to long, but welcome to the group!

Wannabe - Good Luck, not long to wait now.. I gave up temping as i kept fogetting and getting up before temping so cant give you much advise sorry...

Ash - Sorry for the BFN, but there is still time...

Fisher - How you feeling hun?

Ikle pand / FF - How are you both ? hope you are well..

Hope every one else is good...

AFM - back at the clinc on Friday, for bloods and scan AF should show this friday and i have never wanted her to arrive so much so things can get moving ! ha

Lucy xx

Intermittently "blech" but no overt puking *knock on wood* it all kind of comes and goes though which I didn't realize. So far so good though, thank you. Ive kind of been sticking around my old groups still because it's a bigger mental adjustment than I really expected and I'm only doing okay with that sometimes. :hugs:

I just mouth breath occasionally, if it was every night it'd be easier. Vaginal temping is a bit grim. I somehow manage to mouth breath while my teeth are clenched too, I must look like I'm growling lol!

I'm good thanks lucylou. My progesterone test on Friday confirmed ov, so just a waiting game now. My chart is good so far but its early days. Not feeling the need to test yet but no doubt that'll change in the next couple of days.

Well girls, I decided to start a LTTC journal...... Please feel free to stalk me or just stop in to say Hello. I just started writing it today, so right now it just has a summary of my journey so far....

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ltttc-journals/1142215-wannabepregos-lttc-1-journal.html

There is also a link to the journal in my signature as well. :thumbup:

Spotting brown today so AF should be here by tonight or tomorrow .. I also have a bit of a headache and that's an AF sign for me so I guess by Wednesday I'll be CD 3 and I'll have to go to the doctors ... last IUI before IVF here we go!

Spotting brown today so AF should be here by tonight or tomorrow .. I also have a bit of a headache and that's an AF sign for me so I guess by Wednesday I'll be CD 3 and I'll have to go to the doctors ... last IUI before IVF here we go!

Sorry about AF:cry: but am excited about IVF for you. Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Ash, sorry about af but fingers crossed for IVF :)

Cd 49 - my longest ever, even with my anovulatory was 37 so we are way over :cry: am now wondering if the brown spotting is actually periods? But it is so random and light :wacko:

May have to bite the bullet and do a hpt as just realised there could still be pregnancy tissue that they missed after d and c which could be messing with period?

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

I've just bummed myself out, I'm cd 20 today not sure how many dpo as never know when I ovulate . For some reason this month I thought I'd O early so tested today! I never normally poas unless I'm late! - it was bfn.

I know it could change as it's early but realistically I don't think it will.

Xx

@Ash, sorry the :witch: got you!!! :hugs::hugs: I wish you lots of good luck and baby dust to you for the next cycle of IUI!!!:dust::dust:

@Fiesty, I am sorry about your cycle being so off, and I hope it returns back to normal soon!! :hugs::hugs:

@Sticky, I am sorry about the BFN hun!!! :hugs:

Big Hugs going out to all of my lovely ladies!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/big_hugs_bear.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->