Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Full steam ahead to you my lovely ladies :flower:

As always I am keeping it all crossed :)

Well she finally arrived 5 flipping weeks late :growlmad: And for the first time since March I'm temping again :wacko: I can't believe it's been that long, but as this is only the second proper period since D&C I haven't had a chance to do it before :wacko:

Really pleased AF has finally arrived and hope you have a good month and hope its a long 9 months!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I am sure you and I will have our sticky beans soon.

wannabe - I agree with fisher about skipping clomid and timed BD ... especially since your DH doesn't have super sperm having IUI and putting them pretty much where they need to be is helpful :) They say that IUI is good for sperm with low morphology and motility so try that out if you can! Good luck!

Another vote for IUI and Clomid wannabe :flower: believe me the effects of Clomid are not nice and I personally feel that with your DH :spermy: issues you will have a better chance of catching that egg :)

Thanks Lorna :hugs: we still can't try until DH has had is operation, but I feel much better knowing things are back to normal.

Well couldn't temp this morning as the bloody battery in my thermometer has run out :growlmad: may invest in a new one as I have had it two years and it has been used daily for about 16 months :wacko:

Thanks for the well wishes and for all of the advice over the last sveral days girls!!!:hugs:

AF fnally arrived full flow lastnight!!! However, I am so glad that my 4 days of spotting finally lead to full flow AF because I was tired of being in limbo land for so long!! The surgery was most ikely why I was spotting, because I don't normally spot like that. I am happy that AF finally arived though because it will be my first full cycle since the surgery so I am hopeful that I can get my BFP this cycle and that the surgery is just what I needed to get my BFP!!! :thumbup: I am excitd about my September cycle and ready to move onto TTC again!!

I have 50 mg of clomid that I am probably going to take for this cycle so please wish me luck!!!:thumbup:

My plan is to do IUI with clomid in my October cycle as long as the DR gives me the green light to move forward after I meet with him on 09/18/12 for my post surgery follow up appointment!!
We want to do several rounds of IUI!!!

Wannabe - how many cycles of IUI do you want to do?

I am not totally sure yet, I want to talk to the DR bout what he recommends and I also have to keep our budget in mind as well. We should be able to afford to do a cuple of rounds of IUI without to much of a problem though. :thumbup:

Well that's good, hopefully you'll get preggo on your first round and then you won't have to blow through a lot of money. I think they say after about 6 the odds are extremely low so ... I have to do 6 before my insurance company will cover the IVF but if I could have moved on to IVF after 3 I would have!

If DH SA comes back abnormal, I think we will be considering IUI. Does anyone know if they can do a screening of the :spermy: like they do with ICSI?

If DH SA comes back abnormal, I think we will be considering IUI. Does anyone know if they can do a screening of the :spermy: like they do with ICSI?

I know that after your DH gives his :spermy: sample that they wash the sample to seprate the healthy good sperm from the other fuids/semen, before they inseminate the women to produce the best possible chance for conception. I know that after they wash the sample they should be able to tell you how many :spermy: there was post wash.

I copied and pasted thi section from an outside website about IUI.

"A semen sample will be washed by the lab to separate the semen from the seminal fluid. A catheter is used to inject the processed sperm directly into the uterus. This process maximizes the number of sperm cells that are placed in the uterus, thus increasing the possibility of conception. The IUI procedure takes little time and involves minimal discomfort. The next step is to watch for signs and symptoms of pregnancy."

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/infertility/iui.html

Did I answer your question hun?? I know my DH had to have an SA done before hand to make sure his :spermy: count and motility was high enough for us to be able to be eligible to do IUI, which I would assume you will have to do as well. :flower:

Each wash for the IUI they do (there are a couple of kinds that are different methods but all essentially try and isolate the faster better moving ones) they go over the results before the IUI like: total volume, X number of sperm, %morphology, %motility. And mine always had a column pre was and a post wash column. So with each IUI I would know there were say 11million with 98% motility, just as an example.

My understanding with ISCI is its all under a microscope they pick out a good sperm and inject it right into the egg? As opposed to non-ISCI IVF where they let them swim in a dish and do it on their own.

Thanks lovelies :flower:

I have it in my head that genetics may be causing our 6+1 losses and was wondering if there was an alternative to full blown ICSI (no longer eligible for NHS funded as classed as an 'unsuitable candidate' due to two losses)

I'm not sure of the cost of ICSI but am preparing to be wiped out :(

ICSI is only another £300 on top of the roughly £4K for IVF. Here is a break down of the costs from the clinic I go to. I think they're all pretty much the same since they're non-profit making, unless you go to a private clinic.

https://www.aberdeenfertility.org.uk/costs/ctp-ivficsi-/

Feisty, I am in the US but over here icsi is an additional $1200 at my clinic and ivf is $5500 (medications are not included). I have seen some women on here that choose to do half icsi and half normal and see what happens! That way you have the best of both worlds!! :)

Feisty, I am in the US but over here icsi is an additional $1200 at my clinic and ivf is $5500 (medications are not included). I have seen some women on here that choose to do half icsi and half normal and see what happens! That way you have the best of both worlds!! :)

HI TLM, Can I ask what state you are located in the USA? I am in the USA also and the IVF costs $6,800.00 and the ICSI is $1020.00 where I am located.

Wannabe, I am in Southern Arizona! :)

Oh okay, you are too far away, I was thinking I could maybe save $$ if your clinic was cheaper, but I am on the east coast!!:haha:

Thanks everyone :)

Ickle that was very informative and most relevant to me. Im on the south coast and prices are a lot more, so am seriously considering travelling up to you to have it done ;) x

I thought it might be more down south. It's definitely worth shopping around if you're having to pay for it yourself.

Hi guys, we've had some devastating news :-( had EC last Thursday 14 eggs collected, we had a phone call Friday none fertilised and all immature and some abnormal, they said we may even have to look at donor eggs... Devastated :-( I've really hit rock bottom, that's the end of cycle 1 IVF :-(

Just don't know how I'm going to pick myself up at the moment xx

Oh Lucy I am so sorry Hun :hugs:

Have they given any information as to why or what has caused it? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back