Anyone LTTTC Number One?

well still waiting to hear from the consultant ( or the willy and fanny doctor as OH has nicknamed her) shes been back to work for a week now so fx i'll hear something soon and they are not just going to wait until my appointment in November.

@Tasha, good luck to you!!!!:flower:

@Gilmore, Fingers crossed you can get an appointment scheduled soon!!!:thumbup:

Here is my chart from FF...although this is my first month doing this so I don't have much data yet for this cycle... but as u can see there was a temp dip the last 2 days and my OPK's are super close to being positive today!!!:thumbup:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3eaa8f/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Here is my OPK from today... it is super close to being positive...I am going to do another OPK this afternoon later and again tomorrow, it should be positive anytime now....Fingers crossed, I am going to attack DH when he gets home from work and make sure we get in some :sex: tonight!!!:blush:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC08069.jpg

heya havnt been on for ages hope everyones good :)
just a quick question..... ive recently had a hsg and had to turn for them to take a picture front and back.... is that normal?
i havnt had my result yet and wont until the 25th oct and am going mad worrying, do u think its bad news if they havnt told me straight away? sorry for all the questions.

babydust to all xx

just a quick question..... ive recently had a hsg and had to turn for them to take a picture front and back.... is that normal?
i havnt had my result yet and wont until the 25th oct and am going mad worrying, do u think its bad news if they havnt told me straight away? sorry for all the questions.

babydust to all xx

I have no idea hun, I was told straight away that the dye appeared to be going through fine but they would analyse everything after my appointment just to make sure.

Amy wishing you lots of luck hun :flower:

Hi guys,

Feeling a little better still not great but picking myself up and carrying on, that's what us LTTTC girls have to do hey??

Tasha - thanks hun... glad you have your appointment through and hope it all works out for you xx

Ikmju - I didn't have to but some people may have had to at least they are being thorough Hun x

Amy - hope your appointment comes through soon, love the nick names by the way ha x

Wannabe - Looking darker Hun :) lots of bedding ;-)

Ash - thanks Hun, hope your appointment comes through soon for you to move on x

Lucy xx

babydust to all xx

Hi - yes i had to turn too, i was then told that a tube was blocked, but had a lap and dye and it wasn't - basically my tubes spasmed with the pain (mine was agonising) and so they got me to turn to see if they could flush it through, so i think quite normal. Turning also gives them an all round better view - and apparently spasming pipes are a good thing as the reaction shows there is enough sensitivity within the tubes (something inside) to send the sperm up to the right place (my FS said) - my science knowledge is not great !
Also, i don't think it is bad news at all - they normally have to go away and study the pics taken during the HSG and write the full report - totally normal
good luck and i am sure it will all be fine
xxxx

Hi girls,

Quick question about temping/charting on Fertility Friend. My basal body therm says it can be used orally by placing it under my tongue or anal. It doesn't list vagina as a way to do the temping. Do your thermometers say vaginal as a way to take your temp? I am doing my temping orally because there is no way in the world I am putting it in my but...LOL...:blush:

But when I put it in my mouth under my tongue when I frst wake up in the morning I always feel like he temp is to low and like my mouth is too cold, for some reason i dont think oral temps are very accurate? Does anyone else feel like this and do you girls take your temps orally? I am just wondering? :shrug:

Well a BBT (basal body thermometer) measures it in like 1/10th of a temp or something so it's supposed to be low until you ovulate then it's supposed to be higher. It's a lot more sensitive than a normal thermometer. What was your temp this morning?

@Ash, Here is my chart... This is my first month of temping and charting so I don't have that much data just yet.. LOL... I still have alot to learn...:blush:

My Ovulation Chart

I just got done talking to DH on the phone about our options regarding IUI or IVF with ICSI. We have some money saved and we can afford a few rounds of IUI right now, but we will be taking away from our savings to pay for the IVF of course. I know that the succes rates for IUI for a man with a normal healthy sperm count are low,like 5% to 20% chance of success per IUI cycle. My DH already has a low sperm count so I know it will lower our sucess rates to even less, although I dont know the exact figures.....:nope:

So I know my DR prefers that we do IVF with ICSI, but of course the challenge with that is being able to afford the procedure. We would need to pay a little over 8k up front to start the IVF with ICSI process. My fertility clinic has a money back gurantee that there will be a successful pegnancy or you can get your money back and than options to freeze embryos and repeat the procedure at a reduced cost for another cycle by implanting the frozen embryos that were created during the first IVF cycle at a later time. The success rates are alot higher for IVF with ICSI in comparison to IUI which makes it more appealing to me despite the costs.

Another unforseen factor for me is that I have endometriosis and it can grow back over time, and I have heard from other girls that there is a 6 month window of high fertility after the surgery and before the Endo can start to grow back. So now I am feeling the pessure of worrying about my Endo growing back because I don't want to have to repeat this surgey anytime soon.:cry:

Plus my Birthday is coming up this year and I will be 33, so I am not getting any younger, when i turn 35 my fertility decreases and I loose out on the money back guarantee on the IVF procedure. Long story short I am feeling the pressure of time now.

I wish I knew that I had Endometriosis because I might notof quit my job as soon as I did, I had no idea Endo was a factor for me and I thought I would have more time after the surgery to get pregnant.

Long story short, I am going to talk with DH even more about our options and see if he will apply for a medical loan to help pay for IVF with ICSI, and we can pay for some of the costs ourslves and we would only need a loan to pay for some of the costs. If we do IVF with ICSI I would want to implant 3 embryos and I would hope for twins, so I could complete my family and be done all at one time, this would be the best option for us just because of how expensve this all is....

I need to think about this some more, I need to talk to DH some more and talk to my DR, I have my follow up appointment on 09/18 with m DR and I willhave a long lst of questions for him regarding my Endo and my infertility options.

I never thought I would be here in my life and dealing with infertility, almost 33 years old without any children yet, having to weigh infertility options.... You just never know what life has in store for you.... so crazy....:cry:

Wannabe, I just want to send you massive :hugs: hun.

I don't think any of us expected to be in this situation, but I believe with all my heart, that we will be better Mothers because of it :flower:

I personally think that getting a loan and going straight for IVF with ICSI is going to be the best option for you, especially if they have that money back guarantee!

Wannabe, I just want to send you massive :hugs: hun.

I don't think any of us expected to be in this situation, but I believe with all my heart, that we will be better Mothers because of it :flower:

I personally think that getting a loan and going straight for IVF with ICSI is going to be the best option for you, especially if they have that money back guarantee!

Thanks for the hugs and for the advice hun!!! :hugs::hugs: I really appreciate it!!! :hugs:

I am going to sit down and talk with my DH to go over everything and also talk to my DR about my options in my upcoming appointment. DH & me have so many elements working against us, with the Endo and his low sperm count.:growlmad:

The only thing that sucks is that we might start out with a baby and very litle savings because of having to pay for the IVF & ICSI, where if we were able to get pregnant easy we would be really comfortable financially but unfortunatly it isn't that easy for us. Sigh.... :nope:

Infertility sucks big time...:growlmad:

Wannabe - I agree with FF that moving straight to IVF does seem like your best option. I've gone through 6 IUI's without success and my OH and I don't have any fertility problems ... I'm just unexplained and it hasn't worked. Not saying that it would work for you but just pointing out that when they know something is wrong, I feel it's better just to do what's going to work out best for your diagnosis. Oh and if my insurance company would have let me I would have done only 3 IUI's before moving onto IVF.

I get your concerns for the cost of IVF and you said you would have to tap into your savings but if you do lots of IUI's before IVF you're just going to be taking away from money that would have helped you pay for IVF and gotten you a higher success rate. Also the money back guarantee is awesome and you should take full advantage of that!

We're all here to support you whatever your decision, you just have to do what's right for you at the time!

AFM - I just spend the last 2 hours at the vet. We had to take our puppy Rupert there because he wasn't eating and was just acting a little weird. Well, turns out they did an x-ray and he has this square shape in his belly, so they think he ate something. I'm really not sure because I haven't seen him eat anything and we keep everything small off of our floors ... well they wanted to keep him overnight but OH and I decided against it because it would have cost us about $800 and we really don't have that extra money right now. We already had to pay $410 as it is and we really didn't even have that .. so I'm very stressed, not to mention worried to death that something is going to happen to my dog and that he is going to need surgery! He's just had such a hard life ever since we got him and I love him, I just don't want anything to happen to him! I'm a cry baby, I know, and these fertility meds are not helping!

Wannabe, first of all hugs to you!!! Mothing about this process is easy! I am going to echo FF and ash and say to go straight for ivf! I know it's a huge cost and gamble, but you do have better chances! I did 4 iui's and I am glad we gave it a shot, but had we not wasted that money we would be a little better off now. We did the iuis after my lap so I was all cleaned out and dh has great swimmers, so really there should have been no reason for it to not have worked! I would talk to your dr of course, but it sounds like you have a pretty good guarantee of a take home baby! Nothing is for sure, but the fact that they give you a discount the next cycles sounds promising!

I feel the same way you do, kids are expensive to begin with (and that's for fertile people who have no trouble ttc!) add to that the fact that we have to spend tens of thousands of dollars just to get to be pregnant before we even have any of the kid expenses and it's just not fair! One thing I know is that when ou get pregnant / hold your baby you will not be concerned with all of the money you spent to get there. It will be worth it 10x over in the end!! That has been my guiding light through this all!!

Thanks for the great advice and for your caring words ladies!!! You girls are all so sweet!!! :hugs::hugs::flower:

@Ash, I am so sorry your dog isn't feeling well and hasn't been eating. Big hugs to you hun!!:hugs::hugs:I hope he feels better soon and that it wont cost you a fortune at the vets to get him feeling better again!!! :hugs::hugs:

Thanks wannabe...he actually has something in his stomach but they're not sure what it is .. back tomorrow for follow up x-rays. I'm sure it will turn out fine but it's just so stressful!! Goodness, having kids is going to drive me CRAZY since I'm this crazy about a dog!

@Ash, Here is my chart... This is my first month of temping and charting so I don't have that much data just yet.. LOL... I still have alot to learn...:blush:

My Ovulation Chart

Your temp is not too low. It's just pre ovulatory. I think my lowest ever was 96.7. I would usually be below 97.4 pre ov. Everyone is different. I think you're fine. Just give it time, remember when I said to concentrate on the forest rather than the trees? The book I read when I started advised you temp for three months before you tried to interpret at all. Just wait til you see it jump! It's kind of impressive.

Wannabe - I agree with fisher, I think your chart looks normal right now, you're supposed to have pretty low pre-ovulatory temps and then it should rise I believe it was either .3 or .4 degrees in one temp rise to indicate ovulation.

I don't use my FF anymore but when I was temping (I did it for about 8 months, then got sick of it because it disrupted my sleep all of the time and I would think I was pregnant due to post ovulation temps) I had the same temperatures that you're having before ovulation.

Best of luck!

Fisher - how is your pregnancy coming along?!

So far so good. I'm having a bit of a time accepting it could be for real still. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->