Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabe, that unfilled circle usually means that your temperature was taken at a different time to usual, or that you indicated something else could be affecting your temps; like illness, sleep deprived, alcohol etc :flower:

Thanks for the advice fiesty!!!:flower: I dont think I did anything different. I have a theory though, I think that maybe FF thought my tempshould of risen instead of staying the same that day since it knew I should b OV'ing based on when I said I had my positive OPK's?? I dont think I put anything else weird on FF other wise. Maybe FF thinks that temp shouldnt be counted or something like that.

Yay wannabe! I took a look and pretty much agree with FF on this one, I don't think you O'd til a day or two after ur pos OPK. Good luck!!! :hugs:

Thanks for looking at my chart fisher!! :flower:

So in general when you get a positive OPK do you OV a few days after that then? I always thought you OV'ed on the day your OPK went positive? I dont really get how it all works???:dohh:

At least DH & me managed to time all of our :sex: right based on my fertile days!!!:thumbup:

Why does my chart have an empty circle instead of a solid blue circle on CD 25? Do you know what that means? :shrug:

Yeah it's usually a day or two after the positive. For example, my FS times IUIs based on positive OPKs. U test in the AM if it's positive you call and they schedule the IUI for the FOLLOWING day.

I believe the open circle means its an unoffical temp? I quit using FF cause it was such a PITA to log in when I could chart on my phone instead. But did you put in a comment on that day? Something that would make FF throw out the temp. If it didn't throw out that temp I bet it would actually add a day or two to your O date because that temp isn't above your cover line.Because I almost said u probably O'd a day or two later than FF thought.

No worries you'll get the hang of it after a few months. :hugs:

Thanks for the advice hun! :thumbup:

I just responded to Fiesty's suggestion with my theory about what I think might of caused the blank circle on my chart, check out the respnse to her post and see if you think that could e what happened!!

I dont know why but I just feel like I am already out this cycle for some reason, despite doing everything right this cycle!! I just can't imagine that my first cycle after my surgery is going to result in a BFP, it just seems to easy after 3 years LTTC. :dohh: I just feel like after all I have been through I am going to have to jump through alot more hoops first and spend alot of $$ to see that second pink line.

I have decided that I want to try at least one round of IUI for my October cycle if AF shows up. If we try it at least once than at least I will know we gave it one try in case it does work for us. Than we would revisit considering IVF with ICSI or just trying for a few more cycles with clomid and sex the old fashioned way. I dont know if we will do the 3 recommended cycles of IUI just because it is taking away from our savings and our ability to be able to aford the IVF w/ ICSI. :shrug:

I have to call my DR's office by CD1 to set up my IUI, the DR office has to order me the ovidrel shot because they can get it cheaper for me than I would at my pharmcy.

So I already have a plan of action in place in case AF crashes the party so I am not totally crushed and devistated this cycle, I guess I need to protect my emotions and brace myself, plus if I keep my expectations low than it won't hurt as much if the :witch: arrives. :nope:

Wannabe, I still vote clomid + IUI.
Dooooooooo it!

Thanks for the suggestion.:flower: I am about 80% sure we will do the IUI w/clomid and the trigger shot for my October cycle if AF crashes the party!! Because of the huge difference in cost in compariosn to the IVF w/ ICSI, I have to at least give the IUI one shot to see if it works!!! :thumbup: I will be sure to update you ladies with what I decide for sure when the time comes!!! :thumbup:

wannabe - I have to be honest .. I really do not want to come off as a bitch however, I feel like with your OH's sperm count/motility and your polyp ... didn't have you have endo surgery? I kind of feel like your'e wasting money on IUI...however ... I support whatever decision you make and I definitely feel like doing something other than sex is better than nothing .. so whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck but I think with IVF considering your situation you have the best of odds. I really don't mean to sound like a bitch but that's the best advice I can give you at this point. :hugs:

I'm also with Ash on this :flower:

In theory IUI sounds so promising, but in theory the success rate is minimally higher then natural if everything is perfect.

I know that you are both very worried about depleting your savings, but the vast majority of families don't have any savings and in reality have to get themselves into so much debt to have the IVF. I know it's scary not having that safety net, but I think that having the IVF is definitely worth the risk. Especially as your clinic has pretty much given you the guarantee of a baby :flower:

I understand that you probably have a lot of different factors that are swaying you both towards IUI and I completely respect that, it's just I have a close family member that has endo and although they say 6 months, hers comes back in only 3! I just want you to be fully informed :hugs:

If you have your heart set on IUI, why don't you just have one and then if it isn't successful (really hope it is) you can move straight on to IVF?

AFM - my post ovulation temp has finally risen significantly :wacko: We are now in a bit of a quandary. For the first time EVER we have a very small amount of savings and I am really keen to save more. But we have to make a decision on what to spend it on;

1. We have to move house in two years as although we have a mortgage, its shared ownership and as of August 2014, we can no-longer afford to pay the interest on the half we don't own. If we want to buy another 2 bedroom flat, we need to save at least £13k for a two bed house it rises to £16k and that's all providing we can get a 90% mortgage :wacko:

2. DH and I had decided to take our first ever trip abroad, before a baby stops us from being able to do it. We are both Japan obsessed, but for a once in a life time trip, we need 4k.

3. I suspect the NHS is going to pretty much leave us to our own devices with TTC and I am questioning whether it is worth having private investigations. The only thing that I am worried about, is that they don't accept NHS test results. So basically, I would have to pay out £s to have exactly the same tests done, before we can actually get some answers :(

I really have no idea what to do! Realistically, we could probably have the money to go to Japan by March next year, which isn't that long. I'm not sure if its really irresponsible to just enjoy that first and then work on the other two?

Wannabe - Open circles are still counted by FF, it's just telling you that there's something about that day which might mean the temp is off. The only things that cause this are your temp being taken more than half an hour either way from your normal time, or some of the situations on the Specific tabs being ticked like sleep deprived, illness, fever etc. Not all of then though. You haven't chosen to show all of the chart with us on this link so it's hard to say which one it is.

On the main FF site there is a Key/Legend button just below your chart - lots if good info there.

It's definitely not that FF thinks your temp isn't what it should be, it doesn't work that way. It just interprets the info you put in.

HTH.

Wannabe I agree with ash & feisty. My hospital won't even do iui on the nhs as the success rate in't that great - they like to try you on Clomid alone (I suppose this is dependant of your problems) then get you straight on the ivf list.

Afm I am officially on cd1 today! Which sucks but hey ho, on the upside I was wanting to go Alton towers (for anyone in the US that's a theme park) in October and would have been worried if I was pregnant in case I damaged anything - I'm not sure if that is possible that early?- so I am going to go there and have a guilt free trip!

Hope everyone has a lovely wkend planned

xx

Enjoy Alton Towers. We went there on our mini-honeymoon. We spent one day in the spa and another in the park. Loved it! Went on Oblivion twice :)

Again ... completely agree with FF about the success rates ... I mean I may be jaded from IUI since I did 6 and they were all unsuccessful but just a little info ...

I don't have endo or pcos and my hubby's sperm count was always over 50 million, one time it was even 130 million post wash!!! and I had 4 follicles and still nothing! We just want you to make the best decision possible and not waste money, we love you! That is all! :hugs:

Oh and sorry for not updating with everyone else, OH and I are getting ready to go on a mini vaca for the day but I wanted to check BnB real quick before we left! Catch up with you all later!

Hey Ladies,
I think I'm out, I'm already getting period cramps. But we will see what happens on the 2nd

Hey ladies.-..

Wannabe - sounds like big sessions. I personally am kinda in the same boat. I opted to try the iui with femara and injectibles first and then on to ivf.....I will try the iui in October if it doesn't work then we set up Ivf. Let us know what you decide

Sticky - sorry hun hugs

Ash - enjoy your vaca!!

Ff- wow sounds like you have some major decisions to make....I always vote for the vacation but I'm never responsible when it comes to things like this :)

AFM - well 3 dpo and wanting my bfp already :)

Hi Ladies:wave:

I just wanted to share my LTTC story with you:

I started TTC 4 years ago when I was 30, got pregnant twice and both ended in miscarriage.
After months of TTC, fertility tests showed that my Hubby had very low motility sperms, plus I have PCOS, the consultant showed the sperms to hubby and told us he was going to take us 5 years to conceive again.
We got referred for IUI and I was getting mentally prepared for the 4 cycles and a IVF on its way, I was well aware the chances were really low.

But just over two weeks ago, when I was due to start my injections, in September, I found out that I was pregnant. How did that happen when the chances were so low??

I know it's really hard and as for me I still haven't told the clinic I'm pregnant as I don't want to be taken off the list for IUI should I need one.

I'm keeping everything crossed for all you, the road for conceiving is a hard and very hard for some of us so I will be cheering everyone and hoping for good news.

@Ash, I appreciate your feed back, and I am not upset or anything about your suggestion that we should go straight to IVF & ICSI. My DR recommends the same thing based on DH & my situation. If it wasn't for the cost than I would prefer going straight to IVF with ICSI myself as well!!! :winkwink: I can understand why you are not afan of the IUI after all that you went through when you did yours and your DH has a normal sperm count and you are healthy as far as you know as well. I am assuming you went through all of thei nfertility tests before you started IUI? Sorry if you already mentioned this, I can't remember for sure. :dohh:

@Fiesty, thanks for your sharing your thoughts on what steps I should take next!!I really appreciate it!!:hugs:

Oddly enough for the normal average couple doing IUI the success rate is 10% to 20% and for DH & me the DR said he thought our success rate would be about 15% which isn't really that different from normal couples. Looking on the bright side my DH's motility is high despite him having a low sperm count. He had 65% motility for his last SA. The total cost for me and DH to do one round of IUI is going to be about $700.00 and that is for everything, ultrasound, bloods, insemination and meds.

The one factor that makes me nervous is of course the Endo growing back, and the scar tissue can come back as well, the surgery can leave scar tissue even though he removed it during the surgery. My DR told me that I have a 5 to 10% chance every year for the endo and/or scar tissue returning. So the odds are low but the possibility still remains, and this factor has me really thinking deeply about every step and move that we make next!!! :dohh:

DH & me have enough $$ saved to pay for one round of IVF & ICSI at the fertility clinic back in my hometown but we would have problems affording the medications for the IVF cycle which are seperate costs and would total about 3k but since I ovulate on my own I dont think the meds will cost me quite as much as this. The fertility clinic offers financing options though. I also found out that my brother and his wife did their IVF w/ICSI at this same clinic back in my home tow and I spoke to his wife the other day and she highly recommends the clinic, and they had my niece and she is in like 1st grade now though. I was glad to know that she went there and had a good experience at the clinic, she says they are highly recommended in the area and that they are well known also!! The infertility DR is in network for my health insurance plan as well so my office visit's, consults and some of the lab work and bloods may also be covered.

Hmmmm... I have some thinking to do.. I think I should at least make an appointment for a consult at the clinic back in my home town to discuss my options and I can go visit with my family and friends well I am back home at the same time!!:thumbup: I haven't seen everyone since last year at Christmas time so I am over due for a visit.

Hi Ladies:wave:

I just wanted to share my LTTC story with you:

I started TTC 4 years ago when I was 30, got pregnant twice and both ended in miscarriage.
After months of TTC, fertility tests showed that my Hubby had very low motility sperms, plus I have PCOS, the consultant showed the sperms to hubby and told us he was going to take us 5 years to conceive again.
We got referred for IUI and I was getting mentally prepared for the 4 cycles and a IVF on its way, I was well aware the chances were really low.

But just over two weeks ago, when I was due to start my injections, in September, I found out that I was pregnant. How did that happen when the chances were so low??

I know it's really hard and as for me I still haven't told the clinic I'm pregnant as I don't want to be taken off the list for IUI should I need one.

I'm keeping everything crossed for all you, the road for conceiving is a hard and very hard for some of us so I will be cheering everyone and hoping for good news.

Thanks for sharing your story hun!!! :flower: That is wonderful news and your story gives me alot of hope!!!! My DH has a low sperm count after getting his VR done so my story is similar to yours!!

What was your OH's SA count and motility if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you have a H&H 9 months!!!! :happydance::happydance:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/congratulationsa.gif

Hey Ladies,
I think I'm out, I'm already getting period cramps. But we will see what happens on the 2nd

I am so sorry that you feel like you are out this cycle!!! :hugs::hugs: Fingers crossed that the :witch: stays away!!! :af::af::af::af::dust::dust::dust:

DH & me talked and I have changed my mind about the IUI. I think we are going to go straight to the IVF with ICSI. In the mean time well we are saving up enough $$ over the next few months to be able to afford the meds that are about 3k since we already have enough saved to do one round of IVF with ICSI right now. I dont want to deplete savings with such low success rates for the IUI and everytime we pay for the IUI it is one step further away from us being able to afford the IVF w/ICSI. We should be able to save up the remaining money that we need in a couple of months, and if needed we can use our tax return to help pay for the remaining balance. I am guesstimating that by the latest we should be able to do the IVF w/ICSI no later than March or April of 2013. We might even be able to do it sooner if we can save faster, or if I can get a part time job. :thumbup: But at least we have a goal and we can begin to work towards it. We are so close to being able to afford it that i dont think I can pass up this oppurtunity!! :thumbup:

Over the next few months DH & me will just try a few rounds of clomid with timed :sex: and hopefully that will work for us until we are able to do the IVF with ICSI. :thumbup:

I need to schedule a consult with the fertility cinic back in my home town, and it a 6 hour drive so I need to figure out the best time with my schedule. I can stay with family well I am there which is nice. It will be great to visit with my mom and other family and friends that are up there. I also have a ton of questions for the fertility clinic and I need detailed information on the costs of the fertlity meds and other things.

Wannabe - Open circles are still counted by FF, it's just telling you that there's something about that day which might mean the temp is off. The only things that cause this are your temp being taken more than half an hour either way from your normal time, or some of the situations on the Specific tabs being ticked like sleep deprived, illness, fever etc. Not all of then though. You haven't chosen to show all of the chart with us on this link so it's hard to say which one it is.

On the main FF site there is a Key/Legend button just below your chart - lots if good info there.

It's definitely not that FF thinks your temp isn't what it should be, it doesn't work that way. It just interprets the info you put in.

HTH.

Thanks for the info hun!!:flower: Why did my crosshairs go from being a solid red line to suddenly changing to a dotted red line? Any idea what that means? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->