Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabe I agree with ash & feisty. My hospital won't even do iui on the nhs as the success rate in't that great - they like to try you on Clomid alone (I suppose this is dependant of your problems) then get you straight on the ivf list.

Afm I am officially on cd1 today! Which sucks but hey ho, on the upside I was wanting to go Alton towers (for anyone in the US that's a theme park) in October and would have been worried if I was pregnant in case I damaged anything - I'm not sure if that is possible that early?- so I am going to go there and have a guilt free trip!

Hope everyone has a lovely wkend planned

xx

Thanks for the advice!!! :flower: I am sorry the evil :witch: arrived!! :hugs::hugs: I hope you have fun at the theme park!!:thumbup:

I'm also with Ash on this :flower:

In theory IUI sounds so promising, but in theory the success rate is minimally higher then natural if everything is perfect.

I know that you are both very worried about depleting your savings, but the vast majority of families don't have any savings and in reality have to get themselves into so much debt to have the IVF. I know it's scary not having that safety net, but I think that having the IVF is definitely worth the risk. Especially as your clinic has pretty much given you the guarantee of a baby :flower:

I understand that you probably have a lot of different factors that are swaying you both towards IUI and I completely respect that, it's just I have a close family member that has endo and although they say 6 months, hers comes back in only 3! I just want you to be fully informed :hugs:

If you have your heart set on IUI, why don't you just have one and then if it isn't successful (really hope it is) you can move straight on to IVF?

AFM - my post ovulation temp has finally risen significantly :wacko: We are now in a bit of a quandary. For the first time EVER we have a very small amount of savings and I am really keen to save more. But we have to make a decision on what to spend it on;

1. We have to move house in two years as although we have a mortgage, its shared ownership and as of August 2014, we can no-longer afford to pay the interest on the half we don't own. If we want to buy another 2 bedroom flat, we need to save at least £13k for a two bed house it rises to £16k and that's all providing we can get a 90% mortgage :wacko:

2. DH and I had decided to take our first ever trip abroad, before a baby stops us from being able to do it. We are both Japan obsessed, but for a once in a life time trip, we need 4k.

3. I suspect the NHS is going to pretty much leave us to our own devices with TTC and I am questioning whether it is worth having private investigations. The only thing that I am worried about, is that they don't accept NHS test results. So basically, I would have to pay out £s to have exactly the same tests done, before we can actually get some answers :(

I really have no idea what to do! Realistically, we could probably have the money to go to Japan by March next year, which isn't that long. I'm not sure if its really irresponsible to just enjoy that first and then work on the other two?

Thanks for the advice hun!!:flower:

As far a your situation I think you and DH should sit down and do a budget and make sure you can afford what is necessary and decide what takes priority over your other options. Maybe make a list of pro's and cons for both options. Unfortunatly I can't tell you what to do because it is up to you and your DH to decide!! Just make sure you won't have any regrets in the end in the future because of where you decided to spendand save your money!! Good luck to you hun!!:flower:

Wannabe broken crosshairs mean that FF isn't as sure of you exact ovulation date than if you had solid crosshairs. Since its changed today, it'll be based on what information you've entered today, I think it's the CM that's throwing it off. It's nothing to worry about at all. Don't do anything silly like removing information just to have a perfect chart.

FF can change you ov date as your cycle progresses if the new info starts to paint a different picture, just a wee warning in case that ever happens to you. I try to make sure we keep DTD until ov is confirmed by FF, just in case it ends up moving to a few days later. Oh and it'll always move your date later, it never makes it earlier.

Wannabe broken crosshairs mean that FF isn't as sure of you exact ovulation date than if you had solid crosshairs. Since its changed today, it'll be based on what information you've entered today, I think it's the CM that's throwing it off. It's nothing to worry about at all. Don't do anything silly like removing information just to have a perfect chart.

FF can change you ov date as your cycle progresses if the new info starts to paint a different picture, just a wee warning in case that ever happens to you. I try to make sure we keep DTD until ov is confirmed by FF, just in case it ends up moving to a few days later. Oh and it'll always move your date later, it never makes it earlier.

Thanks for the info hun!! FF is a fussy little thing isn't it...LOL.:haha:. I know I Ovulated because of my really dark positive OPK's I got for 2 days in a row, so I am not worried about that for this cycle.

Thank you Wannabe, I hope it sticks!

Great news about you deciding to do IVF, the success rate are much higher than IUI, it's a shame that you can't get it free from where you live but hopefully the one will be the good one!

My DH did two semen analysis. The first one had a count of 26ml but motility of 50%, of this 40% were slow and 10% non-progressive.
So hubby had zero rapid sperm, which are the ones you need to swim the long journey to the egg.
He was asked to repeat his test after 10 minutes as the consultant wanted to double check that the number were really that low.
On his second test he had 11ml count (but it was after 10 minutes of the first one) with again 50% motility (20% were slow, 10% non progressive and 20% rapid).

So he had some rapid ones but only 20% and told us they were too low even for IUI.

I'm not sure if you heard of it, hubby was advised to take Proxeed, which has been proven to improve sperm count. It's relative expensive as you need to take two sachet a day and it's £30.00 for a box of 30 but it seemed to have worked! You can also take one sachet and take l-caritinine and selenium separately which are both essential for improving sperm motility.

On top of that we started eating chicken very often, a good source of protein required for both the growth of the sperm and the egg.

Hope this info helps!

Wannabe - that's great news ... FWIW I agree with the others, the chances with IVF are so much better than IUI that in all honesty, I'd only do IUI if it were an insurance requirement or free! Otherwise, give yourself the very best chance and go with the ICSI IVF :thumbup:

FF - have you tried ringing around different clinics as not all of them refuse to accept NHS results? ... we went with CARE in Northampton and they accepted every NHS test we'd had, as long as they weren't out of date. In the end it saved us quite a bit of money as most of them are at least £100 a pop, and with 2 of you they soon mount up xxx

Sticky sorry for the bfn Hun, roll on to next cycle see what that brings... Enjoy Alton towers we're off to Alton towers we got some tickets through the sun news paper so looking forward to it too :)

Ttc - I agree Hun can't hurt.. Good luck

Wannabe - sorry your feeling a little down this cycle, we are all here to help each other get through these times. Happy you have decided on IVF now Hun xx

FF - it's so hard when we have to make decisions when we are not dully in control.. Follow your heart and the rest will fall into place xx

Ash - bet you can't wait to start IVF good luck hun

Lacey - sorry you think your out hun :-(

Sunny - thank you for sharing your storey it's true what they say miracles can happen hey - congratulations too! :) xx

Ickle - thank you for sharing that link with us so useful !

If I've missed any one sorry lots to catch up on!! X

AFM - thanks to ickle sharing some case studies about RA I have found out that the anti inflammatory that I've been taking for 7 years causes reversible infertility!!!! IM SO MAD!! My RA doctor never mentioned this so we have now stopped taking this as the issues are caused in ovulation and egg quality ( the issues we have had ) so I've requested an urgent appointment with my ruemotology doctor as I want some answers!

Lucy xx

Good for you Lucy. I was just disgusted when I found out and I can't help wondering if it didn't contribute to our loss. The good news is that if it has been affecting your fertility, it should return within a few cycles. You'd think the medications we take would be one of the first places to look for possible causes of infertility.

I agree ikle and what makes me more mad if we would have known this we would not of wasted our 1st IVF as this drug was in my system! My best friends husband is a pharmacist and he looked on the sheet that's issued from the makers of the drug and clear as day it says 'not to be taken if trying to conceive' I'm taking this print out alOng with the case studies and will see what the NHS have to say about it! It really is a joke but thank you to you it will be out of my system soon and I now need to try to manage the pain xx

@Lucy, I am so sorry about your meds messing with your fertility and not knowing about it before you went onto do your first IVF!! Big hugs to you!!! :hugs::hugs: I hope things can work out for you and that your next cycle will be a success!!! :dust::dust::dust:

AFM,DH & me are celebrating out 6 year wedding anniversary today!! :thumbup: October will be 11 years since we first met and started dating!! I can't believe how fast time has gone by and that we have been together 11 years already!! :cloud9:

wannabe - congrats on your anniversary! It's so nice to see people who have been together for a while and are going strong ... I feel like it's rare now a days...Oh and I'm sooooo excited that you and DH have decided to move forward with IVF, I think you guys are making the right decision! :hugs:

LucyLou - yes I'm extremely excited to get started. I know so weird that I'm excited to start injecting myself with needles and what not but I think it's going to be successful and just cannot wait! October 7th is the Lupron start day ... I'm counting down! I'm so sorry you're having issues with your medication and fertility ... I wish the doctors would be more ... I don't know ... informative about all of the meds you're already on and how they could affect what problems you're having with fertility or anything else ... it's extremely frustrated but at least now you got it sorted out ya know?

Wannabe, happy anniversary Hun :flower:

Urch, thanks sweet. We will definitely be doing that then, ideally I would like to know if there was a reason for our losses before we start considering IVF

Happy Anniversary Wannabe, and good luck with your journey into IVF!

Lucy - can't believe about your meds, i'd want answers as well... surely thats the first thing they should have looked at! Hope you get an apology!! the silver lining is at least you have discovered the culprit and that your next cycle will hopefully be a success! Let us know how you get on at the GP.

Ash - good luck on your cycle of IVF.

Thanks pink, I know I may be clinging on to things but reading the case studies they all refer to problems with ovulation, follicles not forming into eggs etc so sounds like issues I've been having... I'm going to see what the gp says tomorrow will keep you posted xx

Wannabe - happy Anniversary to you both :) x

Thanks for all of the anniversary wishes girls!!! You lades are all so sweet!!! :flower:

I am excited because there is a good chance that DH & me might be able to move up the IVF & ICSI date to sooner than what I was thinking originally because we were going to have to save up some more $$, But, DH looked into his options and he thinks he can get a personal loan drawn on his retirement account, and the interest rate would be super low, so I think it is a great option for us. If the loan option worked out for DH than I think we would even have enough $$ to do a second round of IVF if we needed to!! I am really getting excited girls, because the "dream" of being able to afford IVF is becomming a reality for us now!!!:happydance::happydance:

Hi, my name is Amanda and I have been married since 10-10-10 but have been with my husband for about 4 years now, we have been TTC 4mo before our wedding without any luck. I just gathered the courage to call and make that initial appointment with the Fertility Nurse, my appointment is this Wednesday and I am a bundle of nerves at the moment.
I also wanted to say that I am really enjoying this site, everyone seems so open and friendly. I hope to find some good buddies here. <3

Wannabe, that is awesome :dance:

Mandy, welcome to the group :flower: you will find lots of support in here. I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Welcome Mandy!

Ash I am so glad you are excited and looking forward to injections. That's one way to be positive!

Wannabe I am glad you and hubby decided what you were going to do and I wish you the best of luck.

Well tomorrow AF is suppose to show but my cramps have been so different, I have decided if AF does not come I will wait until my OBGYN appointment on the 10th. That way they can give me a free pregnancy test. My cramps have been on the left side. I have never experienced this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->