Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Good morning all, This is my first time doing something like this. My husband and I have been ttc for 7 years now with no luck. We found out a month and a half ago that it is because of his morphology. So we have ventured into our fist IVF cycle. I just had my first transfer here in Colorado springs. I am a nervous wreck but trying to keep it together. Besides my husband I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, because they don't really understand what we are going through.

Welcome to the group!!! :flower: I hope that your IVF is a success!! :thumbup: How many embryos did you transfer?

Good luck and baby dust to you!!! I hope you get a BFP at the end of your cycle!! :dust::dust::dust:https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome6.jpg:dust:

Hi Ladies, I just happened to stumble upon this thread and thought that I would introduce myself. You all seem like a wonderful group of ladies from the posts that I have read! It's nice to have people to talk to who have been trying to conceive for a longer period of time.

My DH and I have been TTC since May 2011. In May 2012 we began seeing our RE. We went through the normal testing, and the only thing that was found was that my DH had a high white blood cell count, which he took an antibiotic for and was fine by the next cycle. Since then we have went through two IUI’s at 50mg of Clomid both BFN’s. Everything is normal- 28 to 31 day cycles, ovulate on my own. So, it is unexplained infertility for us. This cycle we are on our first round of Gonal f and will do an IUI again. I am hoping that the FSH will work well for us.

It has been a very hard and exhausting journey for us. I am trying very hard to be positive, because I know that it can only help. And dwelling over what I do not have, and the people around me do isn’t going to help me. But both of my sister’s are, literally, baby making machines. My sister Cheryl, who is also one of my very best friends is pregnant with her third child. She is due in November- and she will have three children under three years old. My other sister, is a horrible mother. She signed over rights to her two daughters, and lives about 20 hours away from them. I just found out that she gave birth a few weeks ago. And that was just hard to take.

I really hope that I can make some friends here, find some support, and lend it as well!

Good morning all, This is my first time doing something like this. My husband and I have been ttc for 7 years now with no luck. We found out a month and a half ago that it is because of his morphology. So we have ventured into our fist IVF cycle. I just had my first transfer here in Colorado springs. I am a nervous wreck but trying to keep it together. Besides my husband I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, because they don't really understand what we are going through.

Welcome Iwantmybump! I am also in Colorado springs, My hubby is stationed at Fort Carson! I hope you get your BFP using IVF!

Good Morning Ladies,
Still No AF, I am trying not to get my hopes up because she has played tricks on me in the past. How is everyone doing?

Welcome all of the newbies!

Hope everything is doing good, I have 4 more days to go before I start! :happydance:

Yay ash :dance:

Pnut fingers crossed!

Wannabe - I also saw that bloody quote on my sisters Facebook page, annoyingly she is gay, not in a relationship and knows how long we have been trying - I seriously could have throttled her!

Welcome to all the newbies

FS today and I am gutted :( full story in my journal x

Hi Ladies, I just happened to stumble upon this thread and thought that I would introduce myself. You all seem like a wonderful group of ladies from the posts that I have read! It's nice to have people to talk to who have been trying to conceive for a longer period of time.

My DH and I have been TTC since May 2011. In May 2012 we began seeing our RE. We went through the normal testing, and the only thing that was found was that my DH had a high white blood cell count, which he took an antibiotic for and was fine by the next cycle. Since then we have went through two IUI’s at 50mg of Clomid both BFN’s. Everything is normal- 28 to 31 day cycles, ovulate on my own. So, it is unexplained infertility for us. This cycle we are on our first round of Gonal f and will do an IUI again. I am hoping that the FSH will work well for us.

It has been a very hard and exhausting journey for us. I am trying very hard to be positive, because I know that it can only help. And dwelling over what I do not have, and the people around me do isn’t going to help me. But both of my sister’s are, literally, baby making machines. My sister Cheryl, who is also one of my very best friends is pregnant with her third child. She is due in November- and she will have three children under three years old. My other sister, is a horrible mother. She signed over rights to her two daughters, and lives about 20 hours away from them. I just found out that she gave birth a few weeks ago. And that was just hard to take.

I really hope that I can make some friends here, find some support, and lend it as well!

Welcome to the group!!:flower: This is a lovely group of ladies and you will find lots of support here!! :hugs::hugs: Good luck and baby dust to you hun!! I hope you get your BFP soon!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/JR-APPLEBEARS-welcome.jpg

@Ash, & Pnut Good luck to both of you girls!! :dust::dust:

@Fiesty, I am sorry you got bad news.. big hugs to you hun, I am going to come stop by your journal soon to see what is going on. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM, I am in the 2ww limbo land, I thought I got faint lines on my IC's for a few days but then they have been BFN the last days, but lastnight I thought I had implantation spotting, I had dark brown dried blood when I whiped and cramping, I thought AF was on her way but she didn't show and the dried brown blood was only there once and no other signs of AF yet. DH & me had sex this morning and I thought AF would start from it, but it didn't. I also have soar boobs, which is a good sign,because when the soar boobs go away than it normally means AF is on her way.

DH had his tooth pulled today and he is miserable again now, he is upstairs laying down in bed, and back on the pain meds, with gauze in his mouth for the bleeding, and he can only eat soft foods, I feel bad for him, and I am hoping the pain doesn't last that long...

Thanks ladies!

FF - I read your journal and I'm so sorry! :hugs: I don't know what to say now since I haven't been in that situation but we're all here for you and I'm sure you will get your forever baby soon! Just take some time to process the information and then you and OH can make a good decision.

Wantmybump & Jen - welcome to the group, every one on here is lovely and very supportive xx

Ash - not long now :)

FF - I've read your journal too and the NHS suck at times! I'm so sorry Hun, and really hope things work out x

Wannabe - hope OH pain is not to bad :-(

AFM - I'm meant to have ovulated but cd16 and still no sign :-( don't know if IVF has messed my cycle up hoping that I do ovulate soon x

Well AF came, so I am starting my next cycle. i don't know what is in store for me this month.

I will see what happens at my OBGYN appointment the 10th

@Pnut, Sorry the :witch: got you hun!!! :hugs::hugs: Good luck to you for the next cycle!!! :dust::dust:

Feisty - the way different PCT's have different criteria for who they'll fund for IVF is infuriating. It should be the same nationwide. One thing that it'd be worth checking up on is that in my area (Grampian) if you self fund while you're waiting then they'll fund 1 cycle less e.g. Here you get 3 cycles but if you pay for one then you'll only get 2, if you pay for 2 you'll only get one.

Welcome to the new ladies. I meant to say hello yesterday but I had a bit of a wobble when I realised one of you has been trying since I had my loss. I didn't think it was that long ago but it's just hit me that it was 18 months ago.

AFM - Nothing much happening. I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle so I'm waiting for ov so I can work out roughly when AF will be and when I can get on with the clomid cycle. I'll be able to see when my scan appointment will be and make sure DH is going to be home during the fertile period because he goes away a lot as he's an army cadet instructor and a volunteer lifeboatman in his spare time.

Ickle, I made the fs explain NHS rules reg private IVF :haha: you are right, it is basically one less for every private one you have :wacko:

Sorry for the wobble sweet :hugs:

That's good that you knew that. It's a horrible situation. We thought about self funding but we don't want to give up our free chances. I could rant for hours about how unfair the whole system is.

Boo to the witch pnut!

I could only wish we had fertility help here in the US. Some states do, but alot don't. My state doesn't mandate it so we don't get it. My employer used to help with IVF, but they dropped that a few years ago when the economy started tanking. It wasn't much help, but it was help none the less.

Well... I was right! They were planning a baby shower for my co-worker. I got the e-mail and my stomach dropped. When she started here 2yrs ago she was pregnant. Her baby shower was a few weeks after my MC and I stomached myself into going. This time... I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like a horrible person.

I'm so glad we don't really do baby showers here, although a few people are starting to have them. I much prefer to give people a gift after the baby has been born because I can cope with babies much more easily than pregnant women for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->