Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Ugh! Its never ending (lol). They have just decided to move the shower from late/middle November to two weeks from now.

Well AF came, so I am starting my next cycle. i don't know what is in store for me this month.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope that everything goes well with your appointment. The waiting is the worst.

Wantmybump & Jen - welcome to the group, every one on here is lovely and very supportive xx

Ash - not long now :)

FF - I've read your journal too and the NHS suck at times! I'm so sorry Hun, and really hope things work out x

Wannabe - hope OH pain is not to bad :-(

AFM - I'm meant to have ovulated but cd16 and still no sign :-( don't know if IVF has messed my cycle up hoping that I do ovulate soon x

Thanks for the warm welcome! Luckily I am pretty regular when it comes to ovulating, usually right around day 16. Hopefully you will O soon :hugs:

Boo to the witch pnut!

I could only wish we had fertility help here in the US. Some states do, but alot don't. My state doesn't mandate it so we don't get it. My employer used to help with IVF, but they dropped that a few years ago when the economy started tanking. It wasn't much help, but it was help none the less.

Well... I was right! They were planning a baby shower for my co-worker. I got the e-mail and my stomach dropped. When she started here 2yrs ago she was pregnant. Her baby shower was a few weeks after my MC and I stomached myself into going. This time... I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like a horrible person.

Dazed, I live in NY and luckily they cover some fertility. They cover IUI (I believe only for a few cycles- depends on your Ins.), the bloodwork, and the ultrasounds- just a co-pay. They will cover injectables for a couple cycles, I believe. But there is no IVF coverage, so everything is out of pocket. I'm scared that we'll end up at that crossroads, and I just don't see any viable way for us to do that.

I'm so glad we don't really do baby showers here, although a few people are starting to have them. I much prefer to give people a gift after the baby has been born because I can cope with babies much more easily than pregnant women for some reason.

I think that it is much easier once a baby is physically here. There is just something so joyful and uplifting about a baby- but it is hard, too, because we all want our own.

AFM- Today is the last day of Gonal F, and tomorrow morning I have to go my RE's appt to get everything checked out. Hopefully everything is good to go, and they will trigger at my appt tomorrow morning. And IUI will probably be Saturday. Trying not to get my hopes up, this is my first cycle on Gonal F and I am hoping this does the trick. I had a dream last night that we had quadruplets. :baby::baby::baby::baby: Yikes!

How is everyone else doing today?

Dazed, I live in NY and luckily they cover some fertility. They cover IUI (I believe only for a few cycles- depends on your Ins.), the bloodwork, and the ultrasounds- just a co-pay. They will cover injectables for a couple cycles, I believe. But there is no IVF coverage, so everything is out of pocket. I'm scared that we'll end up at that crossroads, and I just don't see any viable way for us to do that.

Besides the fact that I wouldn't have met my DH, I kinda wish my we (my parents) never moved from NY.

Morning Ladies,
How is everyone doing? I have awful cramps due to AF.

Hi girls,

Well still no sign of AF yet... so here I sit in 2WW limbo with no answers from my HPT's.... Going nuts...:wacko::wacko::wacko::fool::loopy:

OK... so as you guys know my sister has offered to reimburse DH & me for 1 cycle of IUI if it isn't successful so I was thinking of trying out one cycle of IUI. But than I was still having doubts about the IUI because of the low success rate, my DR said 15%.

And as you girls know I want to do IVF & ICSI but the clinic that has reasonable rates is back in my hometown which is further up north. So the winter weather gets really bad up there and i wanted originally to do the IVF & ICSI cycle in November instead of pushing it into the bad winter months, because the fertility office is about 45 minutes from where my family lives, so driving back and forth in the winter is not so great. :dohh:

Than my sister called me yesterday and offered to reimburse DH & me for 3 cycles of IUI if it didn't work!!!! :wacko: Don't get me wrong, I think it is super sweet of her, and I really appreciate it!!! But i was in total shock and she caught me off guard!!

But, if I do 3 cycles of IUI and they all fail that means the earliest I can do the IVF & ICSI will be February and it is miserable in my hometown weather wise at that time of the year. So if I waited until the spring time it would be like April or May..

I guess my worries are that my Endo/scar tissue will grow back quicker than expected and that the IUI will not work and I will have lost 3 months of time.

If I didn't have this darned Endo I wouldn't feel so much pressure to rush to IVF & ICSI and I would feel like we had more time... but for some reason I just feel like IUI is such a gamble with such low success rates...

Well my AF hasn't arrived yet, so I still have time to make up my mind...

I need to call my local clinic by CD1 to have them order my ovidrel.

Or, my original plan was that...I wanted to drive to my hometown in October to do a consult with the fertility clinic and plan my IVF for November...

Lordy I don't know what to do...:dohh:

I know my sister is pushing for me to do the IUI because she feels like the IVF is intense and doesn't want me to have to go through all of that... I am not sure why she is offering to help, she has really shocked me, and I had made up my mind that DH & me were doing the IVF ICSI up until my sister gave me another option..... :wacko:

I am trying to research IUI and the success rates, etc, some more to try to make up my mind in the mean time and I will keep you girls updated with what I finally decide.

Than on top of that...

A lady from a staffing agency just called me about a job and left me a VM. That is a good thing but I dont know if I can commit to a full time job again right now until I figure out what I am doing next with my fertility treatments, especially if I do the IVF, I will be out f town in my home state for almost an entire month and I won't be able to start a new job.. Lordy.. I really need to make up my mind what the hell I am doing...:dohh:

Wannabe - in my opinion you're stressing yourself out wayyy too much over all of this. IUI only has 15% success rate, I've done 6 with no success, IUI is still a lot to put your body through, not as much as IVF but it's still stressful, trust me, I know.

On top of everything else, has your sister gone through any type of infertility? I know she wants you to try IUI but unless a woman has actually met with a doctor and been through it, they really don't understand what a 15% success rate ACTUALLY means. That success rate it lower than what a normal healthy couple has just having sex ... just something to think about.

It's really sweet that your sister wants to help you and your should be forever grateful as I'm sure you are but like I said ... people not going through it don't really understand fully. Do what's best for you....

If you want to, read some of these posts about IVF with ICSI with endo ... In the end you have to do what's right for you but you should also do what's smart and what's going to get you the results you want.

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a22623165/endometriosis_and_ivf

And again, ash is right :flower:

If you really feel strongly about IUI then do one cycle - no more.

If it were me, I would be comparing the success rates that they have based on your situation for IVF and again for ICSI - I could be wrong, but I bet IVF is going to be double ICSI? - for me, that would sinche it :flower:

Yeah I didn't mean to come off bitchy if I did but I just want to be honest with you wannabe :hugs:

@Ash, thanks for the advice and for sharing the web link, I read the posts and it was very helpful!! :hugs::hugs: No worries, I am not upset, I appreciate hearng your thoughts on it, especially since you have been through so much with your IUI cycles already.

To answer your question, No, my sister hasn't been through infertility at all, so she has no idea what I am going through. I think she is just looking at it from a financial stand point, and what is the least stress on the body. She isn't really thinking about the fact that DH & me have 2 strikes against us already, his low sperm count, and my ever looming Endo...:wacko::wacko:

@Fiesty, Thanks for the advice hun!! :hugs::hugs:

I just scheduled a phone consultation with the fertility clinic in my home state for early morning on 10/19/12 for the IVF w/ ICSI, and that way I dont have to drive 6 + hours back home, and the phone consult is at no charge to me. :thumbup:Based on when my period is due it looks like I can move forward with the IVF & ICSI for my November cycle if I choose to do so!!!:thumbup:

Meanwhile that still gives me time to figure out for sure what I want to do next, Since my annoying AF hasn't arrived yet. :wacko::wacko:

I talked to the staffing angency lady about the job she wanted me to apply to and the pay rate is good, and t is close to home, and of course it is in my field where I have my BA degree in, which is Human Resources. That is all great and wonderful except they want someone to start the job ASAP and with my upcoming infertility treatments I don't think I can commit to a full time job right now. :dohh: I didn't even apply to this job, the staffing agency lady contactd me because I worked with them in the past. The timing is so off right now though... I think it is just another distraction so I can go completely off my rocker trying to make up my mind. I have to give her an answer about the job no later than tomorrow. :wacko: The problem is I would have to be out of town for a few weeks for the IVF & ICSI stuff, and most new jobs wont give you time off, and you have to go through training and stuff. The job is temp to permanent. Any other time I would jump on this opportunity.. Lord help me....

And I just realized that a girl I went to highschool with works at one of the clinics back in my hometown where I am considering doing my IVF & ICSI. It's a small world after all I suppose...The clinic has 3 offices in different cities up there.

Thank you ladies for all the warm welcome!

Wannabe - We decided on transferring 2.

Pnut - Sorry about AF. Have you been in the springs very long and if you don't mind me asking where do you go for your fertility need?

I am so nervous, anxious and bored all at the same time. I have been on bed rest and it just makes the days slow down. I go back to work tomorrow so hopefully it makes the days go by faster, because the 12th can't come soon enough.

Thank you ladies for all the warm welcome!

Wannabe - We decided on transferring 2.

Pnut - Sorry about AF. Have you been in the springs very long and if you don't mind me asking where do you go for your fertility need?

I am so nervous, anxious and bored all at the same time. I have been on bed rest and it just makes the days slow down. I go back to work tomorrow so hopefully it makes the days go by faster, because the 12th can't come soon enough.

Good luck!! I hope you get your BFP this cycle!!! I have everything crossed for you!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Goodluck03.gif

Lacey sorry witch has showed :-(

Ickle - hope you ovulate soon and sorry for your wobble Hun xx

Amy - I know what you mean about baby showers we don't really have them a lot here Huerta one of my friends was having one and I just couldn't face going so my excuses were made and I didn't go x

Jen - hope this cycle works out for you Hun, good luck with your trigger shot x

Wannabe - your sister is very kind offering to help but I do agree with the girls I would try one round of IUI then move onto IVF hun as I really think you would have a better chance with IVF xx

Lucy xx

Welcome to the newbies (yes I know im a bit late lol)

3 days to go for my lap and dye, and unless I can get OH to set the PC up in the bedroom you'll not here from me on here until the 15th!

Wannabe- Keeping my fingers crossed for you! It's hard to decide what is best, and incredibly thoughtful of your sister to offer. I am sure you will do what's best for you :hugs:

AFM-I had my ultrasound and was a little disappointed with the results. We only had one mature follie, with several smaller ones, that probably won't be released. We triggered today and I go for my IUI in the morning. He said he was conservative with my dosage of Gonal F, maybe a little too much. But because it is unexplained fertility, and such, they didn't want to risk multiples. I am feeling pretty well out this cycle. I know that it is still possible with the one follicle, we will BD a lot this weekend... but it's just a little disheartening. I know now he knows how I react with the Gonal F, and will probably up my dose if this doesn't work. I was just hoping for 3+ mature ones.

How are you ladies doing? Looking forward to the weekend?

FF - sorry hun, I just read your journal! Would you consider a natural route for now...maybe soy and progesterone......I dont know if that will help and sometimes I know making recommendations like that might not help, but I figured I would try.

Jen -welcome to the group! Sorry about the re visit. Though you are still in it right, it only takes one! Maybe next cycle...explain to that re that you wouldnt mind twins ;)

wantmybump - welcome!

pnut -sorry about af!

dazed - only do what you can handle...that are words I live by. If you dont feel like you can handle it, find an excuse not to go!

wannabe - I am with FF....try it once and if it doesnt work move on to the IVF.

afm - 8 dpo....waiting it out! These progesterone supps are def. causing some symptoms but I know it is just that.....I will just have to wait till I can test!

dazed - only do what you can handle...that are words I live by. If you dont feel like you can handle it, find an excuse not to go!

Thanks TTCBaby. I'm not going to make an excuse. I told them straight out I'm not going. My boss knows my struggle (and feels my pain since she struggled with infertility for 8yrs) and the guest of honor knows as well. If they can't handle my not going they can just kiss my rear.

Hope your symptoms aren't progesterone and you get your BFP in a few days time.

FF - sorry hun, I just read your journal! Would you consider a natural route for now...maybe soy and progesterone......I dont know if that will help and sometimes I know making recommendations like that might not help, but I figured I would try.

Jen -welcome to the group! Sorry about the re visit. Though you are still in it right, it only takes one! Maybe next cycle...explain to that re that you wouldnt mind twins ;)

wantmybump - welcome!

pnut -sorry about af!

wannabe - I am with FF....try it once and if it doesnt work move on to the IVF.

afm - 8 dpo....waiting it out! These progesterone supps are def. causing some symptoms but I know it is just that.....I will just have to wait till I can test!

Hang in there! TWW is the worst. I try to keep myself busy, or read a lot to try not to think about it ;) That rarely works...

Thanks for your encouraging words. My RE knows I wouldn't mind twins, it is when you get to triplets + he is concerned. I think it's just new with me and Gonal F, and he didn't want to give me too high of a dosage. We will know for next cycle, if this one doesn't work... I know I'm not out, just was hoping for a few more healthy follies to give me some more hope

Thanks Dazed!!!! I hope so too!

Jen - yes at least you will know for next time! I guess this entire this is more trial and error as everyone reacts differently to meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->