Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Oh okay! well good luck! I'll keep my FX'd that your levels are low without meds but if not, at least we know the meds work!

welcome babydust - sorry to hear about your loss chikkie xxx

wannabe DO IT! seriously, having both surgeries done is going to give you the best shot at your BFP hon...really, there is no sense in having one done and then finding out down the line that you are going to need to go back for the other anyway. You may as well get them out of the way then save up again for the IUI (if you still need it)
In the meantime look into boosting mr wannabe's troops
YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

AFM I'm trying very hard to stay away from symptom spotting - I'm so full of artificial hormones that I doubt that anything my body might throw at me (including the infamous lying tits) is to be believed

Awww Urchin I really hope that this time those tits aren't lieing :dance:

Wannabe I agree with Urchin you really should get both done hun :hugs:

Well I was due to ovulate today as temp dropped yesterday BUT temp dropped even further this morning so who knows :wacko:

Thanks for the advice and for listening to my concerns girls!!! :hugs: :hugs:

Well I made up my mind to do both procedures at the same time, and make sure that I have the best possible chance to get my BFP!!! I couldnt handle asking myself the "what if questions" I would ask myself if I didnt get pregnant and only did the one surgery, and I need to know that I did everything in my power to get pregnant!!!! I called my DR's office and left a message with the surgical scheduler and she just called me back a few minutes ago. Unfortunatly my DR is all booked up for the entire month of February for surgeries already and isn't available until the month of March. They did have another DR. that was available as early as Wednesday to do the surgery, but I havent ever seen him before and I am not that comfortable having a male DR for these types of things, So I booked the 2 surgeries with my female Dr. that I like very much and that has done all of my infertility testing up until now, although she will have a male DR assisting her for the 2 surgeries, so the surgeries are booked for March 6th, at 1:00pm, and I just checked with DH and he doesnt have anything going on at work and should be able to get the day off without any problems to take me. :thumbup:

Now all i need to do is call the outpatient surgical facility and the anethesiologist to get an idea of my total out of pocket costs after insurance and hopefully by that time we will have our tax return back as well...:thumbup: So the deed is done and I have made up my mind.... Now I just need to stay calm and focus on the reward of having a baby and not worry about the surgery itself....LOL.... I will try my best ladies to do this, i promise.... :blush:

Crap, I just realized that based on my average cycle the date that the surgery scheduler and me picked would be right when I was most likely ovulating and I need to try to reschedule because I am pretty sure the surgery would need to be done before ovulation at the beginning of my cycle.... hmmm... this is going to be tuff to schedule this far out in advance since the Dr. is all booked up for February already.... :wacko: I will call tomorrow and see what we can figure out instead...

Wannabe you don't need to reschedule, the only time they won't do the surgery is when your bleeding, OV doesn't matter with the lap xxx

good on ya wannabe - sooner it's all done the sooner you can get yourself back in the saddle :hugs:

no news from me this morning - still a little crampy, tits still sore and resisting the urge to test with a will of pure iron!
I shall be a good lil echiniod and wait until the 4th February as I was told to do
I have to ring the clinic this morning as I'm down to 8 days worth of Progynova, which won't reach as far as 4th... they did send me loads but I guess I'm using them up quicker since they doubled my dose.

Me and Mr Urch have booked to go see a house on Saturday - and I'm angling to get us booked to see another straight after.
The first one is very cheap but needs some work doing on it. If we went for that one we could just port my mortgage over and use the profit from selling this one to do the work (Mr Urch can't face plastering ever, ever again!) We would have a tiny mortgage but the downside is that the house isn't one an especially nice street in the village .... not that it's dreadful, but there are nicer bits

the second house would take us to the top of our budget, is a fair bit bigger and wouldn't need work. Mr Urch saw pics of it and said 'nah, that needs work' - making the classic mistake of looking at the wallpaper and thinking 'I couldn't live with that'.... but I told him wherever we move will need painting - even if it is just cream paint throughout, there will still be marks where their furniture has been - 'we'll out ours in the same place then' was his helpful suggestion.

Honestly, Mr Urch is not the practical one in our relationship :haha:

So I guess I lied, there was some news, just not very interesting news :thumbup:

Oooo Urchin decisions, decisions :flower: We brought our flat off plan and I remember the second time we went to view the flat (pretty much a shell) DH said that he didn't want to go through with it as he couldn't picture how it was going to be! :haha: Needless to say I talked him round with my feminine whiles and he is glad we did it!

Wannabe the only way that they wouldn't do it is if you had unprotected sex before ovulation and that there was a chance you were pregnant. You will just have to give that cycle a miss hun :hugs:

Nothing to report for me really, ovulation is still not confirmed and we are still dtd every other day to keep our bases covered. Really depressing thing is my mind has already turned to what we can do next month to increase chances :dohh:

FF - those feminine wiles are blummin useful aren't they :D

Ok - I think I might have a bona fide symptom ... am feeling pretty nauseous and very 'heavy' in the middle (like I just ate a massive sunday dinner - except I didn't)

just thought I'd share :D

Thanks for all of the well wishes and luck girls!!!! :hugs:

@Urchin, those symptoms sound really great!!! Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust coming your way!!! Come on BFP!!!! :dust: :dust: Good luck with the house hunting as well!!! :thumbup:

So I talked to the DR's office and the scheduler explained to me that it is okay if I am ovulating when the surgeries take place, Me and DH will probably just abstain from sex during my fertile window so that I dont have any chance of pregnancy that cycle. I hate to put the surgery off any longer to the next cycle because I am anxious to get back on board with TTC for the next cycle which will start for me around the 19th of March based on that surgery date. Tomorrow my DR is going to call me back to answer some additional questions that I have about the surgery as well since she was out of the office today.

Urchin the house news IS exciting, I do hope you get it all sorted soon, looks like you might need a new house with all those symptoms :))
Wannabe Good Luck with the wait for your surgery, it will soon fly by :)

Hi girls, it's been forever since I posted.. haven't really had the energy to write anything out since my life is uber complicated at the moment, but I have been keeping up!

my fx'd for you Urch :) They sound like good symptoms (and real ones too! :haha: ).. Hopefully you get the house you want! :D

Wannabe: Good choice :) It's better to just do it all at once :thumbup: Hope it all goes well for you!!

Welcome to all the new comers- I hope you don't have to stay long!

Sorry for those AF got (she got me too :sad1: )

So here's where I am at the moment: HSG is going to be done once we get taxes back, SA will be done in late Feb (lol, I want to give him as much time in boxers as possible!), however in the mean time I have to get my yearly exam and when I'm there I'll tell her I want the official referral to a FS and if she could do that, it would be great. Once I get the referral, I would like to talk to the FS before the HSG/2nd SA just because my obgyn is an idiot when it comes to infertility :dohh: and I think the Clomid is thinning out my lining (I have been getting lighter and lighter periods since I've been on Clomid with heavier spotting in each cycle-which obviously defeats the purpose of lengthening my LP out lol) so I'd like to know what other options I have regarding that.

Here's a question for you ladies though, when doing the HSG how do they know if the tubes were originally blocked (if the dye unblocks the tube)? My obgyn is concerned I have endo and that my tubes may be scarred and/or have a minor blockage from it as well.. Do we just guess? If I get pregnant the cycle after do we just contribute this to the HSG? I guess I just don't understand the whole process about that...

Here's a question for you ladies though, when doing the HSG how do they know if the tubes were originally blocked (if the dye unblocks the tube)? My obgyn is concerned I have endo and that my tubes may be scarred and/or have a minor blockage from it as well.. Do we just guess? If I get pregnant the cycle after do we just contribute this to the HSG? I guess I just don't understand the whole process about that...

@Skoer, thank you for the kind words and support hun....:flower:

As far as your questions about the HSG, my DR did the HSG as just a routine part of infertility testing, I did of course start out with the goal of wanting to do IUI because of DH's low sperm count, but they wont clear me for IUI until i go through all of the infertility testing first. It is a necessary step to make sure your tubes are open and that this problem isn't the reason why you arent getting pregnant. That was the only initial reason why I had mine done. I know that if the DR is able to see inside yout uterus when they do a procedure than they can see the beginning of your tubes, and it is possible that during an ultrasound or another procedure your DR thought he saw signs of scarring or endo which led him to make that statement. Did you ask your DR why he thought you may have scarring on your tubes, did the DR see something during an exam which led him to believe this?? The only way to know for sure if your tubes are open or blocked is with the HSG either way though, that is the only way to be totally sure.

I think that if you do get pregnant after the HSG and that you have been TTC for a really long time, there is a pretty good chance that the HSG opened up a minor blockage which could of been preventing the sperm from meeting the eggs. I have heard stories of girls getting pregnant after the HSG, one lady was trying for 9 years and got pregnant right after the HSG so over all i think it is worth doing the test to verify if there is a problem or not so you guys can figure out what steps you need to do next to get your BFP.

Good luck to you hun, I hope your tubes are going to be open and that everything is alright. :hugs::hugs:

Here are 2 links to two different threads where i was talking about the HSG and girls were telling me about their experiences, I posted these threads before in here when another girl was asking about the HSG as well, so forgive me in advance if you have already seen these.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...ogram-october-updated-hsg-outcome-pg-2-a.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ingogram-added-update-pg4-outcome-my-hsg.html

@Skoer, thank you for the kind words and support hun....:flower:

As far as your questions about the HSG, my DR did the HSG as just a routine part of infertility testing, it is a necessary step to make sure your tubes are open and that this problem isn't the reason why you arent getting pregnant. That was the only initial reason why I had mine done. I know that if the DR is able to see inside yout uterus when they do a procedure than they can see the beginning of your tubes, and it is possible that during an ultrasound or another procedure your DR thought he saw signs of scarring or endo which led him to make that statement. Did you ask your DR why he thought you may have scarring on your tubes, did the DR see something during an exam which led him to believe this?? The only way to know for sure if your tubes are open or blocked is with the HSG either way though, that is the only way to be totally sure.

I think that if you do get pregnant after the HSG and that you have been TTC for a really long time, there is a pretty good chance that the HSG opened up a minor blockage which could of been preventing the sperm from meeting the eggs. I have heard stories of girls getting pregnant after the HSG, one lady was trying for 9 years and got pregnant right after the HSG so over all i think it is worth doing the test to verify if there is a problem or not so you guys can figure out what steps you need to do next to get your BFP.

Good luck to you hun, I hope your tubes are going to be open and that everything is alright. :hugs::hugs:

Here are 2 links to two different threads where i was talking about the HSG and girls were telling me about their experiences, I posted these threads before in here when another girl was asking about the HSG as well, so forgive me in advance if you have already seen these.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...ogram-october-updated-hsg-outcome-pg-2-a.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ingogram-added-update-pg4-outcome-my-hsg.html

I just wanted to add this to my last post... In my case the HSG X-Ray revealed a fibroid on the wall of my uterus which than led my DR to want to do a Saline Sonohysterography and it led to discovering a polyp in my uterus as well, and of course my one possibly blocked tube as well. So now that I know about those i am having the surgeries as you already know, but it just shows how one step can help lead you to what you need to do next to get your BFP...:thumbup: I really hope that removing the polyp gets us our BFP finally!!! I guess the dr is going to leave the fibroid alone since it is in the muscle wall of the uterus and isnt giving me any problems. It is just that nasty polyp in my case...

So I've been pretty quiet but there's really not much going on with me!

OH has been gone since early Monday morning, I miss him like crazy but he'll be back on Saturday night!

I'm waiting to O, I believe I have about 7 days until I O, I've still been temping but not like crazy, if I miss a day I do and I'm not getting really upset about it!

I hope everyone is okay! Urchin good luck, the symptoms sound promising!

Wannabe: My obgyn doesn't really know what she's talking about regarding the endo (she even said it herself that she doesn't know much outside of pregnancy) :wacko: She's a right idiot actually. She's only concerned (aka: she hasn't seen anything) because of my heavy and painful periods that I have endo and one of the 'side effects' I guess, are minor blockages to your tubes and/or scarring.. I'm really not taking any of her advice seriously except for that because I have suspected endo before because I'm the only one of my friends that had any sort of problems or pain regarding their periods and my mom never got cramps before, my sister doesn't either (lucky shits :haha:).

Thanks for the reply and the links though, it really has helped! Hopefully (and I know this sounds silly) it's just a minor blockage that is keeping us from getting pregnant and the HSG will fix it! :)

Skoer there is an online test somewhere that you can do to see whether you have many of the endo symptoms, hope you don't hun :hugs:

Urchin this is it hun!

Well I am officially without a car! Listed it for sale on Monday and it sold by midday today with payment. I am slightly peed off as we brought it second hand for £2050 18 months ago and we only got £800 for it today but that is the way it goes I guess. I am sure this is going to cause family arguments as I refuse to spend an hour and a half round trip on the bus to go over to my Nan's to help care for her several times a week so it is all just on hold until I get another car :wacko:

Hey Skoer good to see you .... Heavy and painful periods CAN be down to endo, but also lots of other things. Mine have always been heavy and extremely painful but a laperoscopy showed no signs of endo at all - just very large blood vessels in the abdominal area. My consultant told me that these were often associated with heavy and painful periods. However as it wasn't something 'wrong' just my physiology, there was little he could do.

Fingers crossed that yours isn't endo either xx

well, I'm dog tired so have headed off for an early night - nearly fell asleep at my mate's house this afto - with her extremely talkative 2 year old chattering away at me!

Hmmm maybe, I guess I didn't realize that people could have painful/heavy periods without it but it makes sense now that you mention it lol. I really hope it isn't endo either, that would just top off my list of things wrong with me lol :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->