• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone ltttc with a large family or wanting a large family?

One of the ladies in our little book club yesterday gave us a lift. She has 4 kids, one whos 10, one whos 8 and one whos 6, then just had a baby back in april. My friend asked her if she had known she was having a boy and she said yes, that she had had loads of scans because she was paranoid. She said he was her 6th pregnancy but with her 4th pregnancy she got to 20 weeks, had her scan and there was no heart beat! The she had fertility treatment and conceived but then misscarried and the next month fell pregnant with her youngest. It was so sad to hear, and a mix of worrying but also reassuring that although she had a horrible time, and she had to have fertility treatment to conceive after managing to with no problems 4 times already, she did eventually fall pregnant and get her baby.

Also I'm now doubting myself on my O date. CP would point to that date, opks wouldnt, but my temp shot right up the day after so thought that confirmed O, but then yesterday and today its dropped loads again so not sure whats happening. Started opks every day as well as temps and cp just to make sure I didnt have a surge with no O and am not going to get another surge. Think I had O'd I thought it was ok to have a BD rest, so hoping I was right

I hope you're right about the o date MOB. How long was your last lp? It was short again wasn't it?

That is a sweet story about that lady. I'm glad she got her baby. Everyone around me seems to be encouraged that I'll eventually get a baby, but how long will I have to do this? I'm not sure I have the strength to do it for years!

I had a conversation with a coworker today. She mentioned she always conceived easily and she thinks her daughter is having difficultly conceiving. I told her it's that way with my mom and I. She looked at me wide eyed and said, "But, you have 3 children! How could you have fertility problems?" Oh......I am going to put that in my siggy!

it was 6 days.
thats annoying people tell me just to relax, its happened before so it can happen and will happen again but theres no garentees

I hear that all the time too. "It happened before so it will happen again."

The more I think of it, the more people I know that seem to have never fully completed their families. I was thinking of a former coworker that has 3 boys, they are now in college. It took her 5 years to conceive her first. She never used any form of birth control after his birth. Her third was delivered when she was 35, then she never conceived again. She decided to have her husband get a vasectomy when she was 40 because she figured she was getting too old and should move on. Hmmmm, it obviously didn't work for her when it had in the past. I wonder if I am going down the same road, just a few years ahead. My last baby was delivered when I was 31.....now I'm 35. YIKES!!

Hi there,

really a great story MOB! It's always nice to hear that in the end, someone got pregnant again, even when it took long.

Has your temp risen again? I had that sometimes when I took temp. After o, my temp dropped again for 2 days!

readyformore, how do you feel today? I still held my fingers crossed for you! We are nearly the same age, I become 35 in September.

AF is due to arrive and I have already the typical cramps and some spotting. So lets turn our hope to next month:growlmad:.

Hi girls,

I stumbled across this thread in new posts, and sat and read it all. I dont fit here with you guys (I dont really fit any where tbh), as I have been TTC since my little girl was two months old (so three years and eleven months now) but I have had seven early miscarriages, followed by a stillbirth and then four more early miscarriages in that time. But I wanted to give you all some :hugs: I relate to a lot of the things you have said in here (because I have three earth babies and two girls born sleeping), such as the being told to be grateful for what I have, which of course I am but it doesnt stop the ache does it? And the moment when someone says I need to tell you something or I need to talk to you, and my heart starts thudding whilst your stomach is dropping into your feet because you are scared that they are going to say they are pregnant.

Any way enough of my ramble, just wanted to give you :hugs::hugs:

Hi Phillippa. Not so hopeful anymore. My temp is not too good today. AF is due Saturday, and I would be shocked if she didn't show. At this point I am wondering just how likely it is that I could bring home a baby. 2 years, 4 IUIs, 0 bfps...........is it even possible? I am going to ask my doc what she thinks. I will see her in a couple of weeks. I am always hopeful, but I want to be realistic too, iykwim.

Hi Tasha :hugs:. Wow, have you been put through the ringer.:nope: So sorry to hear of all your losses.
I think you belong here. Feel free to post if you want to. :hugs:

Thank you. I just burst into tears. I know that sounds stupid, but I spend so much of my life feeling like I dont fit any where, that it means a lot that you think I belong here.

How are you doing today?

I'm not as hopeful as yesterday. I'm 11dpo on my 4th IUI and I think my hope is fading.
Are you having a good day today?

I've tried so many times to fit in too. It really is hard. I'm ltttc but don't really fit in the ltttc section because I have 3 kids. Secondary infertility seems to be full of women having #2. I don't fit in with those that are ttc #4 because they get pregnant so fast and that makes me feel even worse about my own situation. I avoid the regular ttc forum for the same reason. So, I float around between a few journals and a few threads, that's really it anymore.
You have 3 girls and you are ltttc another. You belong here. :flower:

How old are your girls? My children are 9 (boy), 7 (boy), and 3 (girl).

Hellllooooo everyone sorry I've been AWOL but I'm back!!! :0)
MOB- it will happen again I'm sure of it hun, I'm sure some people don't think what they're saying before it leaves their mouths!! Grrrrr!! Xx

RFM- you'll get your :bfp: lovee hopefully the dr can help you more! Is there anything else that they're thinking of doing? Xx

Tasha- I'm soo sorry for your losses sweetie! We're are a bunch of lovely ladies who don't fit in anywhere apart from together! And soon enough we'll all end up with our dearly wanted bundles!! (((HUGS))) from all of us and welcome to the motley mummy crew!!

Afm- cd9 and waiting for the egg fairy!! We will crack this shell of TTC and end up with an eggcellent baby at the end!! (enough egg puns haha!)
Xxxxx

What is making you lose hope? No symptoms or? I have everything crossed for you.

I am okay, extremely tired because there was a car alarm going off from 3pm yesterday until 1pm today. The police said it was the council's responsiblity, the council said the police :dohh:

You sound exactly like me, I just plod around trying to find some where to fit but not fitting quite any where :hugs:

I have one boy and two girls here. Morgan he is eight, Naomi-Mae is seven at the end of the month and Kaysie Blossom is four. :cloud9:

I am CD 7 (I think, I forgot already :dohh:) and not TTC this month as I have to have a biopsy on my uterus for natural killer cells. Have you heard of them? I have long cycles, 46 day cycle last month, two cycles previous I ovulated CD36 but it cant be up to 90 days.

:rofl: at all the egg puns fatmumma (well that feels rude :haha:)

Thank you for the welcome.

Do you usually ovulate around CD 14 or longer cycles?

Tasha, yes I have heard of NK cellls. Honestly, I was wondering if there is something immune wise that is contributing to your losses. I'm glad to hear that you are looking into it.

FM- thanks for the PMA. Usually, I am a PMA hater. I don't like false hope or blind optimism. But, sometimes it's nice to hear from someone to just keep going and you'll get there.
We aren't going to do anything else. There are really only 2 other options. IUI with injectables, which I am not interested in due to a risk of high order multiples. And IVF, which we aren't interested now either. My husband says that if there are any extra embryos, it would haunt me to use them all, and he's right. I can't waste $12,000 for a 30% chance at pregnancy (that's IVF), never the less, doing it repeatedly, so that's out for us.
It's natural conception or IUI for us.

I am currently feeling so torn about my chances of ever conceiving again. On one hand, I think that if I just do this enough, eventually it will work and all of my heartbreak will be worth it. On the other hand, I think that it's obviously not happening so I should just give it up, move on, and stop grieving the children that I will never have.

I hope there is an egg fairy, lol. PLEASE, PLEASE drop us some wonderful eggs!

I have given up temping again it was just too confusing. I have given up the opks again and even decided yesterday to stop the b6. If I am not pregnant this month we are going for NTNP. Seeing as I managed to relax so much this month. I know with the short LP not to expect too much yet. Then if nothing by the end of the summer we will take a break till next year. I'm a bit sad about it but theres a lot going on in my life atm to concentrate on and I'm sure the time will pass quickly. I wont go on any contraception during this time so it wont be impossible for it to happen by itself as we are not so good at remembering condoms lol but at least I wont be thinking about it too much lol
I am going to a wedding on the 27th of this month so as my period would actually be due tomorrow if nothing has happened by then I'll test to see if I can drink but I'm not hopeful.
The only thing I know for sure is my cp was still low firm and closed yesterday as I had a lot of cm and some cramps so I checked.
Hubby has said if we end up waiting till next year to try then its a defo for 2 more. as my youngest will be at school by the time I actually conceive then give birth. I'm hoping that by allowing my body to naturally even out I will go back to my pre-baby 3 fertility and will conceive with in a year of trying like I did with the others. The advantage that I have is time. I'm turning 26 in 11 days so could still be having babies in 10 years time (although that would make my hubby in his 50s which has always been a factor for me but never for him)

MOB that sounds like a really good plan. I think the relaxed approach is just better all the way around. Its better for your mental health for sure. I think your are right that by just giving it some time, your body will get itself straightened out. I LOVE that your husband says 2 more! Maybe he can call my husband, lol. My husband has always been reluctant to have a 4th and I really want 5. I figure if I pester him 1 at a time, I may have better luck than saying, "hey we have 3 kids, let's make it 5." Lol.

He wanted to wait between 3 and 4 originally and I aid I didnt as I didnt want all the boys off out doing their clubs and stuff and playing with their mates and the baby left out. I wanted them close again so they could all play together and it wouldnt be a case of 'the annoying little one' lol I know how my youngest misses his brothers at school but they have the same friends and play with the same toys etc.
So he had said before if we waited then we could have 2, his exact words are 'as close as possible'. But then he got baby fever too so we started ttc.
I'm kind of sad but I guess this is how its meant to be and I'm ok with it because its not a never. I do wonder if the same will happen again, but then think its different with every baby and next time I could end up pregnant after 6 months.
I not a never and I think his way is better for me mentally and physically.
That being said we have to get this month out the way 1st. AF possibly due today. Few cramps yesterday evening but nothing so far. But that will be the B6. At least I'm days away from knowing how much the B6 extended it.

Hi
Would love to join..im 43 Ttc #5 so I have been charting I think its 25th cycle. My children are 16,15,9,8 three boys and one girl. Have been taking soy 200 mgs days 5 to 9 and also bee pollen with royal jelly to help eggs. Im 43 and me and my husband have been married 20 years. So hope its ok to join you all.

Hi frogger. Sure you can join us too.

I am now wondering about my IUI timing. I don't think AF is coming today but instead, tomorrow. If so, that means that the IUI wasn't timed well again. This stuff is a pain. I use the hcg trigger but my body just does what it wants anyway.

Hi frogger. Sure you can join us too.

I am now wondering about my IUI timing. I don't think AF is coming today but instead, tomorrow. If so, that means that the IUI wasn't timed well again. This stuff is a pain. I use the hcg trigger but my body just does what it wants anyway.

Thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->