• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone ltttc with a large family or wanting a large family?

rfm, are you sure that the IUI wasn't timed well? Probably you should try a test? I still held my fingers crossed!

Ladies, from tomorrow on we are on holidays for a week. It will be so much fun, I am sure of that!

It would be great to come back and read about some BFP!!!!!

Take care!

Hi girls,

I stumbled across this thread in new posts, and sat and read it all. I dont fit here with you guys (I dont really fit any where tbh), as I have been TTC since my little girl was two months old (so three years and eleven months now) but I have had seven early miscarriages, followed by a stillbirth and then four more early miscarriages in that time. But I wanted to give you all some :hugs: I relate to a lot of the things you have said in here (because I have three earth babies and two girls born sleeping), such as the being told to be grateful for what I have, which of course I am but it doesnt stop the ache does it? And the moment when someone says I need to tell you something or I need to talk to you, and my heart starts thudding whilst your stomach is dropping into your feet because you are scared that they are going to say they are pregnant.

Any way enough of my ramble, just wanted to give you :hugs::hugs:

Dear Tasha,

I am so sorry for what you've been trough:hugs::hugs:!

Don't worry, I don't really belong here either. I have only two kids and we would like to have one more, but than it would be enough. I studied law and work part-time at the moment and with more than 3 kids, I think I could not manage that. It's even tough with 2 kids, as we have no grandparents around us. And I really love my work!
And - my son, who is nearly 3, has Down-Syndrome, which means that his special needs are rather time-consuming.
Anyway, at the moment it looks as if I don't get a 3rd child:cry:. We are ttc for 2 years now and nothing happened so far. I will give myself another 6 months and after that, I will just try to accept that we won't get another baby:shrug:.

All the best for you!!

Hi
Would love to join..im 43 Ttc #5 so I have been charting I think its 25th cycle. My children are 16,15,9,8 three boys and one girl. Have been taking soy 200 mgs days 5 to 9 and also bee pollen with royal jelly to help eggs. Im 43 and me and my husband have been married 20 years. So hope its ok to join you all.[/QUOT
Hi frogger, welcome!

I've just reached cycle 26 I believe!! Wish you more luck for the 25th!!!

I'm with you Phillippa, the relaxed approach just won't work for me. I know when I ovulate and I time sex accordingly, so then I am always hopeful.

Stark white bfn for me today. I can't believe that this is happening to me again. I wonder just how likely it is that I will ever be pregnant. I am going to see my doc in a couple of weeks and I am going to ask her to lay it all out and be honest. Is this possible? I hate to say it, but if someone told me my exact history, I'd be thinking it's unlikely to be successful for them.

How are you going to move on Phillippa. Are you going to do something permanent? DH would like a vasectomy, but that stupid hope springs eternal and I just can't let him do it yet.

I'm still waiting for AF. Was due Saturday, but this was of course the desired effect of the B6, extended LP. This now puts me at 9DPO, I'd usually start testing at what I thought was 9DPO, before I discovered charting and as a result, my short LP. Man its hard not to have a tiny bit of hope, even though I know its just the B6's doing, and the longest I have seen it extend someones LP is 3-4 days so I should come on in a day or so. (And now I have shared that I'm late I will probably come on today lol) I am completely ok with the decision to wait for a baby now, but I can't help but hope the waiting has come to an end.

Good luck MOB. Its always those few days prior to af when I get hopeful too. Its hrd not to be.

Did af ever come MOB?

I having been running around like crazy for the past couple of weeks. The kids are off of school until September and they are involved in a variety of camps, etc. I'm trying to think about how I would balance everything with morning sickness. :haha:

Sadly yes I did. The morning I was going to buy a test. So B6 had added 5 days to my LP. Thats it for us now. We are taking a break. I was going to NTNP then take the break but I think its just easier to make a clear cut so I know where I am.
I got a wedding at the end of the month and am going to really let my hair down. Holiday next month. School holidays to keep me busy. Then my middle son starts school, followed by his birthday in october then everything will be focused on christmas, then the other 2 will have their birthdays. Then we want a holiday abroad. I have never left England, this year I am going to Wales so after that I can say I have never left the UK lol So we will do that the beginning of next summer and then start TTC again. Seems a long time if you say a year, but then if you break it down like that it will go quite quickly. And I keep thinking I could still be TTC this time next year, and if I wait for my body to return to normal naturally then I might fall pregnant with in the 1st 6 months. I just have to put my faith in God and believe that it will happen when its meant to and if its meant to happen before then it will anyway because I know we are not going to be perfect with the use of condoms. Or we will just feel like its time to start earlier and start again anyway.

Wow that B6 really worked.

I like the way you have it all planned out. Broken down into life events will make it easier to get by for sure. :thumbup:

I'm with you Phillippa, the relaxed approach just won't work for me. I know when I ovulate and I time sex accordingly, so then I am always hopeful.

Stark white bfn for me today. I can't believe that this is happening to me again. I wonder just how likely it is that I will ever be pregnant. I am going to see my doc in a couple of weeks and I am going to ask her to lay it all out and be honest. Is this possible? I hate to say it, but if someone told me my exact history, I'd be thinking it's unlikely to be successful for them.

How are you going to move on Phillippa. Are you going to do something permanent? DH would like a vasectomy, but that stupid hope springs eternal and I just can't let him do it yet.

It's exactly with me! I can't get it out of my system if I know it can happen.

I am so sorry that the IUI wasn't successful:cry:. I don't think that it's unlikely to be successful as no one knows why it doesn't work. So I think, theoretically, it could happen every month. Only God knows why it hasn't worked so far but there are always miracles regarding pregnancy.

I have no idea how am I going to move on. The current plan is to ttc until the end of the year and then I will try to get it out of my system. If this doesn't work, I will apply for a new job as I am not so happy with my current one and as soon as I have a new job, I hope my wish for another baby will just vanish! And if I really have a new job, probably I will persuade my husband to make a vasectomy. He doesn't really want to do it, but probably it would be the best idea so that I can move on in the end.

If I can get it out of my system and don't find a new job in the next couple of years, I think I will just wait and see until I am 38. Then my husband definitely has to do a vasectomy.
Very confusing but I hope you understand what I mean!

At the moment, my job is not very challenging, which would be handy if I get a 3rd child. But with my 2 kids and a husband, who is very supporting, I can handle a more challenging position. But it's not easy to find a part-time job in my area so it can take some time to find a good one.

I am CD 11 today, but no signs for ovulating. Just wait and see, which doesn't really matter at the moment. After a very nice holiday, I am back to a more relaxed approach (until ovulation - I am sure of that).

mob, your plan sounds good to me. And time really passes very quickly!

rfm, what are your plans now? I am curious to know that the doctor will tell you!

We soon start our birthday marathon :thumbup:. First, it's my husband and my son in August, then me and my daughter in September. So I will not have much time for this:coffee:. And - we have many plans for the garden in autumn, so in the end, I will hopefully not have much time for beeing sad when AF arrives in the next couple of months.

Apparently my hubby doesn't want to use condoms now. He thinks we will be just fine with the pull out method, and "if I get carried away and forget it wouldn't be the end of the world would it". I think that means he plans on getting carried away and 'knocking me up by accident' he just wants me to stop stressing about it. Men are confusing

Well, I just got back from seeing my RE. The news is not good. She gave me a 5% chance of conceiving again. She said that there is nothing more she can do for me aside from IVF, which we are not interested in pursuing. She told me twice that maybe I should considering stopping ttc.

I'm devastated.

No more babies for me. :cry: I can't believe this is happening.

Apparently my hubby doesn't want to use condoms now. He thinks we will be just fine with the pull out method, and "if I get carried away and forget it wouldn't be the end of the world would it". I think that means he plans on getting carried away and 'knocking me up by accident' he just wants me to stop stressing about it. Men are confusing

I totally agree, men are very confusing! But it indeed looks as if he just wants you to stop stressing. Do you talk a lot with your hubby about the whole thing? I stopped a long while ago, as he can't really handle it. He always tells me that I should be grateful for 2 wonderful kids and it doesn't matter that we don't conceive a 3 :dohh:.

Well, I just got back from seeing my RE. The news is not good. She gave me a 5% chance of conceiving again. She said that there is nothing more she can do for me aside from IVF, which we are not interested in pursuing. She told me twice that maybe I should considering stopping ttc.

I'm devastated.

Poor you:hugs::hugs:. What a statement! But how can she tell of a 5% chance? Physically, you don't have any problems getting pregnant, apart from the fact, that it doesn't happen, is that right? I mean, I understand that after 4 unsuccessful IUIs it's not easy to keep hopes up, but in the end, no one knows?

I'm devastated.

Poor you:hugs::hugs:. What a statement! But how can she tell of a 5% chance? Physically, you don't have any problems getting pregnant, apart from the fact, that it doesn't happen, is that right? I mean, I understand that after 4 unsuccessful IUIs it's not easy to keep hopes up, but in the end, no one knows?

I'm new to this post but wanted to send you a hug :hugs: ...I'm so sorry to hear that, but I agree with Phillippa...how can they know that? Besides the fact that you haven't fallen pregnant this time, it seems like that's a bit drastic. I'm definitely having a down day today too (2 days late and another BFN) but I am hopeful for all wanting and trying so hard for another child. :hugs:

I don't really talk to him that much about it, or the actual TTC side of it at least, just the wanting a baby bit.

Readyformore that must have been so hard to hear. What will you do now?

Readyformore that must have been so hard to hear. What will you do now?

It was. It was devastating really. :cry: To think that my likelihood of conceiving is just as similar as someone that is effectively using birth control, is unreal. :wacko:

What to do now? I am going to see a counselor. I don't want to be the woman that ttc until menopause hoping that she will conceive. It just seems like a lot of wasted energy and time. Maybe this winter DH will get a vasectomy.:shrug: I have thought about that before anyway. Now I just have a reason to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->