• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone ltttc with a large family or wanting a large family?

thank you thank you! I really need some chums in this !

starting to think about whether this is our month now or not, making myself promise to wait til my period to test, obgyn said she would give me 3 months post mc, so if its not this month at least I know that next month will be my last try before she at least looks into helping me sigh..

Try and hold off testing as long as possible! Hopefully this is your month and you'll have a BFP waiting for you when you test x

Fingers crossed for you cupcake.
I think I'm going to talk to my hubby and instead of WTT maybe just NTNP I know it wont happen for a good few months yet but if my body is going to start behaving itself then there is hope. Just see how this month goes I think, then if I have another cycle that looks hopeful (O'ing at a 'normal' CD and possibly an extra day on LP, might temp so I can be sure) then have a word with him

Welcome cupcake!!!!

My new theorie why it hasn't worked so far is the following:haha:. DH's sperm is not the best and I think we have not enough s...!!! :shrug:. I think I'm gonna change this this month.
However, at the moment it's difficult as our nearly 6 yr old daughter has holidays and she loves to sleep in our bed. For the last 2 days I have convinced her that sleeping in her bed is much better:haha:. It has worked!! AF has stopped now and I hope that little Miss will stay in her bed until ovulation so the sperm gets more fitter with every bding:thumbup:.

Shamefully I have been known to have a strop when my youngest has woken up just before we get to bd, and say my hubby purposely did other things 1st cos he knew he'd wake up LMAO

hello my names Amber and me and my fiance been together since june 2010 but we known each other for 9 years i about my hear all these comments about our kids age gaps they are 10 months and 22 days apart and we are currently trying for number 3. we want them close for alot of reasons one so they can have playmates and get out of the diaper stage and we both want a big family (5 or 6 max) another thing is im 23 and my fiance is 42 he is from Burma been here for 12 years no other family only friends and we have talked alot about having more kids i know he is worried cause he is getting older and stuff so we decided to go for number 3 well i usually get my period every 25 to 26 days and for some reason last month no period until aug 5 i was 9 days late and only bled fo 5 days which i usually go for 7. anyways now that that happened we dont kow when to expect af next im guessing begining of sept or something we got our hopes up last month so i wont let myself down this time

Hi there. You may have noticed from my signature that my husband and I have a big age gap between us as well, though my husbands always been quite relaxed abut the fact his an older Dad, saying that men can carry on having babies much later than women and it wont make a difference. Although he has to admit that its taken its toll being older having less energy for playing football with our boys and getting up through the night.
Good luck to you for a quick conception for your next baby. Hopefully your cycle being 'off' was just one of those things, a one off. Is your ticker correct that your youngest is only 3 months old? If so I expect its just that your cycle hasn't had a chance to settle yet.

thats what i was wondering my fiance i guess is still getting use to being an older dad but i try to reasure him that it wont matter to the kids your age the will love you no matter what and i hope everything works out for your family and maybe im just stressing too much over it like u said my cycle might not settled yet

Well ladies looks like I am out :BFN: today, I'm a firm believer if there is gonna be a line it will be there, so no hopes for this month, frustrated and angry, already had a good cry, so just moving onto accepting now

I'm sorry cupcake, I don't think it gets any easier with time seeing those BFNs. You get used to it, come to expect it, but it still hurts and disappoints.
Hopefully it wont take you too long amber.

I have decided I can't wait. Too many other people getting pregnant and a really good friend telling me shes TTC and hoping we are pregnant together, while I know its unlikely, is really taking its toll on me.
I was having a little...I guess you could say Dark Moment, earlier. Wondering about how many times I might have actually had sperm successfully meet egg and try to implant only to be shot down by my stupid LP. How long ago I might have actually managed to fall pregnant. But I know it doesnt do well to think of those 'what ifs' and to dwell on them.
I'm still sort of keeping a check on things regarding O'ing. Last cycle I O'd at a pretty normal time but still had my short LP. This cycle I had all the pains at the beginning of my holiday which was only at CD 9, checked CP and was LFC as I would expect at that time. Now CD 17 and CP is high and soft but closed. I didnt check for a couple of days so not sure if this is a post O closing and getting ready to drop or a pre O rising and softening LOL Next cycle I'm back to the B6 and temping/charting.
Also weaning my son isn't going well, I'm actually considering using sage in order to slowly dry my milk up they way it would do if I were pregnant and he would hopefully understand (seeing as he will be 2 and a half in a couple of weeks) that the milk is all gone and give up trying. I mean if I fell pregnant then theres a high chance of it drying up anyway and his had far far longer than either of his brothers. I just feel so selfish because of my reasons for wanting him to wean that I feel guilty and can't say no to him for long, but that way there wouldn't be anything to give anyway. Its not solely the new baby thing, I am reaching/have reached my comfort level, but then I know that 2 is such a difficult age anyway and thats his comfort.
Sorry I am rambling now. I'll stop LOL

Hey all, how are you doing?
Little update from me. In the end I did an OPK and got the strongest positive I ever had, the line was darker than the control line. That was the thursday, then between thursday night/friday morning (sometime between 11pm ad 1am, i had stayed up reading lol) i had really intense O pains. Anyway I expected AF to arrive either thursday or friday. Its now saturday afternoon and still no sign!. I'm getting excited, not for a chance of pregnancy but the fact I have gained a day. I may have had an extra day last cycle too and if I don't come on till tomorrow then with out getting my hopes up too much I might be gaining a day per cycle and if I am it means that I could be in with a chance of actually conceiving by the end of the year!

Hi ladies.

MOB, I'm not surprised to hear that you couldn't wait. :haha: Good news about the extra lp day. Are you still nursing?

I'm doing better now. I was really disappointed after my last doctor's appointment and a little shocked. I am accepting that we can't have anymore babies and I've found that if I look for it, I can see the benefit of being content with my family size, even if it's not what I had planned. My dd will be 4 in a few months and the gap will only get bigger so it would be like completely starting over again. The boys are going to be 10 and 8 in the fall and it's different with the kids getting older, but I can't say that it's unpleasant at all.

Today is the boys' first day of school and it's a little lonely around here. I did go to the grocery store with just my dd and that was nice. :haha: But I know that they will end up seeing their classmates more than they will see me.

I have been giving away some of my kids clothing. I think it's therapeutic for me. I'm doing it really slowly and I am picking carefully the people that I want to give it to. It made me feel good to pull out some of the things that I have such fond memories of. It wasn't as difficult as I had expected, which was another pleasant surprise. :thumbup:

Aw I'm pleased to hear that you are getting on with things and coming to terms with your family size.
Yes still nursing. I definately think I'm going to do the sage thing. I told my son that as he gets bigger the milk will start to run out and when its all gone it will mean his a big boy and he keeps asking if its all gone and telling me his a big boy. I think he understands.
I ended up with a 7 day LP but thats still longer than it was before. But I am considering starting the B6 again. Not sure yet as I'm quite curious to see how things will change as he weans. I am going to start charting again though LOL

Hi ladies.

MOB, I'm not surprised to hear that you couldn't wait. :haha: Good news about the extra lp day. Are you still nursing?

I'm doing better now. I was really disappointed after my last doctor's appointment and a little shocked. I am accepting that we can't have anymore babies and I've found that if I look for it, I can see the benefit of being content with my family size, even if it's not what I had planned. My dd will be 4 in a few months and the gap will only get bigger so it would be like completely starting over again. The boys are going to be 10 and 8 in the fall and it's different with the kids getting older, but I can't say that it's unpleasant at all.

Today is the boys' first day of school and it's a little lonely around here. I did go to the grocery store with just my dd and that was nice. :haha: But I know that they will end up seeing their classmates more than they will see me.

I have been giving away some of my kids clothing. I think it's therapeutic for me. I'm doing it really slowly and I am picking carefully the people that I want to give it to. It made me feel good to pull out some of the things that I have such fond memories of. It wasn't as difficult as I had expected, which was another pleasant surprise. :thumbup:

So glad to hear, that you're better!! Your post is so much more positive than the last ones.
And very good that you gave away some clothing!

I am really better as well and I don't know whether I, in the end, try to accept our family number or whether it's just that I am tired of wating, but I enjoy life without thinking about an imminent pregancy (what has not happend in more than 2 yrs, as you are all know by know) all the time.
I applied for a new job a couple of weeks ago and got an invation for an interview. It went not that well and I don't think I get the job, but somehow it changed my attitude towards life a little. I always took in life what I can get and never gave a second thought to things I can't get (for whatever reasons), so I will no longer hang on to the fact that I will get pregnant but rather live life to its full and look for another job or do other things that I like to do. I think I have spend more than enough energie ttc!

mob, I do hope that you get a BFP very soon! How is your charting doing?

cupcake, how are you doing this month?

Well I didn't end up charting this month in the end and only started B6 a few days ago so not expecting any results this month. I was still in 2 minds whether to fully go for it again. I'm pretty certain I O'd with in the last 2 days. So expecting AF at the weekend and then going from there. The temping is the pain in the butt with charting because I want to stop spending half the night in my sons bed but if I do that I can't guarantee enough sleep for an accurate temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->