Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

I so hope all this is going well FX x

Yes I hope its a nice strong egg

Your hcg is going up? Definitely keep us updated. I didn't want to say sorry until something was confirmed.

terri- I will know after today if its gone up since Fri. It was obviously going up for a while to get to almost 35000? At least I will know either way.

Fx it all goes well

I have the most PAINFUL ov tonight.. feels like my left ovary is sizzling.. in pain

So hcg rose from 34000-37000. I don't think this is enough of a rise in 3 days? I'm feeling frustrated to be I'm limbo for so long. I go back next week for another us. We shall see I guess?

Marathongirl hope your pregnacy is still progressing, fingers crossed for you.

Another older natural pregnancy story, someone I work with is pregnant, it was a whoops, she is 50!

Oh Marathon I hope its all going to be ok.. such a horrible time having to wait not knowing the answers.. what have they said???

Lucky... What is she eating/drinking? we need to know what makes her so healthy to produce awesome eggs at 50!!! :) how far gone is she?

Soanxious my doctor did not hold out much hope when he didn't see a hb at my last us. I guess I am just perplexed as to why I still feel really pregnant and my hcg is still rising?
Fx'd you caught your egg Soanxious :)

Lucky- yes do tell us how far along she is. That's just awesome to hear!!!

Marathon I'm with you! It's not over until its completely over. Please let us know!

Soanx, good luck with catching the egg! I Oed on the 22nd for sure. I had positive opk two days before and woke up with strong pinch on right side at 6:30am

My sister is at the hospital having her baby right now and I'm so excited and anxious because I can't talk to her or know what's going on. She's in another state. I'm an aunt now!!!! :)

Lucky that's amazing !! Keep us updated please

Marathongirl hope your pregnacy is still progressing, fingers crossed for you.

Another older natural pregnancy story, someone I work with is pregnant, it was a whoops, she is 50!

I think it is VERY possible to get pregnant in the later years naturally. I think that something happens as we enter menopause and I have heard somewhere that there is some kind of rebound of fertility...maybe something like that...maybe right before the ovaries go kaput, they try hard one last time...I don't know....but I think natural pregnancy is quite possible. The issue is why doesn't IVF work? I think either the process is too hard on older fragile eggs, or there aren't enough of us doing it to have enough decent numbers. I don't know again, but I know it is possible...just don't know who will be the lucky one or who has the patience to wait and wait and wait...

BBliss - so good to see you are doing well...I like that you sought a new OB and like this one better....much hugs and kisses to you!

Delphine - how are you? you are so positive and I love it.

Marathon - I am praying that all goes well...it is emotionally draining I am sure, but so glad you get to have more time to figure out what is going on....

Hi ladies - I am in a holding pattern but waiting to do a final cycle and then we will move on whatever the results....

dmama- thank you. I agree with you about getting pregnant when you get older. I think the ovaries go into overdrive!! The problem I see is that the chances of mc are much higher. My doctor said that the mc rate at our age is like 75% :(
That being said I will ask when I go back on the 3rd if there is anything else I can do to prevent this from happening again.

I think she's about 5 months along. She started a new relationship with a slightly younger guy and they are both mad about each other. Nothing new in the diet, just the right moment at the right time I guess. She's really blooming and the pregnancy is going well with no complications. See it can happen! :)

Hi Ladies- well today is cd1 for me. I'm sad but a little relieved not to be in limbo any more. My doctor is very good and I knew when he didn't see a hb at 7 weeks that it wasn't a good sign. I guess I was just hoping for a miracle? The problem also was that my hcg was rising and my symptoms were very strong with nausea and total fatigue which are huge for me with pregnancy. I feel encouraged that I got pregnant again and that it did process further than my last mc. I don't know if that makes any sense but I am trying to find the silver lining here. I will be back on the train with you Ladies. I pray that we all get our BFP's and take home babies soon :)

AWW hope you get another bfp soon.. you are more fertile now so FX :)

So sorry to hear that confirmed, marathongirl :hugs:

I think you're completely right to focus on the fact that you were able to get pregnant. That's not a 'pretend' silver lining - it's a very genuine one. It's not easy to get pregnant as you get older and I know that from my own experience. So you did good :hugs: Look after yourself and rest.

Another positive story to counteract the doom and gloom from some consultants who act like you're practically geriatric if you try to conceive in your 40s: This week I heard from a friend about a lady who got pregnant in her late 40s (naturally) and is now in her 50s with a young son. It can and does happen : )

BBliss - so good to see you are doing well...I like that you sought a new OB and like this one better....much hugs and kisses to you!

Delphine - how are you? you are so positive and I love it.

Marathon - I am praying that all goes well...it is emotionally draining I am sure, but so glad you get to have more time to figure out what is going on....

Hi ladies - I am in a holding pattern but waiting to do a final cycle and then we will move on whatever the results....

I'm still feeling positive, dmama. These last few weeks I've felt quite relaxed and positive over all. I've eaten well, had a few treats, and tried to stay in a calm frame of mind. I'm planning to start a bit of meditation. Well, hardly even meditation really because I'm not that organised at all : D I mean just a few minutes of sitting, breathing slowly and deeply from my tummy, and relaxing.

BBbliss - congratulations on being an aunt! Lovely news : )

Thank you Soanxious and Delphine :)
I did have two losses before my rainbow last year at 43 so maybe third time lucky. My doctor will want me to take a month "off" but I'm going to just do what we have been doing. I'm not temping or charting as I'm up in the night with my lo and it wouldn't be accurate anyway?

Delphine- I think the deep breathing every day is good. When you breathe out let go of any stresses you have at the moment. It will help for sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->