Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

Just popping in to say that I had my little girl at 38 and all went perfectly. I'm expecting my second now, at 40 (gulp) and am freaked out all over again! Nothing to do but wait and hope. Sending good luck to all.

Congratulations and welcome Septbride! I'm sure everything will be fine for
you this time around too.

Afm I had the blood taken for the Verifi dna test which is for the chromosome disorders. This has been sent to California so results take up to 10 days.
I saw my midwife today for my 16 week check-up. Got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time! (although I've had 3 scans they don't listen for baby's heartbeat here in the UK). 20 week anomaly scan is booked for 4th Feb - can't believe that half-way point is approaching so fast!

Hope all you ladies are well as this thread has been a bit quiet lately!

Thank you! I hope the time flies as you wait for your Verifi results. All will be well.

Heidipie, did you ask to know the gender? I know you can with the dna test !

Anyone feeling little fludders yet?
Somedays I think I feel them and otherdays nothing...

Hi jenny !
Yeah same here. sometimes at night I feel funny bubbles down there and sometimes not. Hard to tell if it's baby..
Got a tiny bump now, and I'm still a little tired, but otherwise I'm fine.

lola - you can find out gender with the verifi test but we chose not to, going to wait until 20 week scan (4th Feb)

jenny - not sure if I can feel baby moving or not but am definitely aware of baby being in there, feels like a bulk in my stomach especially when I lay on my back. mw showed me where baby is laying yesterday and could feel each end when using both hands to press on stomach - was so surreal but amazing.

Lola, wow good you have a bump eh?
I am still waiting for mine :-(
I have extra "bulk" but no defined bump yet.

Heidi, how far are you?

Hi jenny, I am due the same day as you! 25th June 16 weeks 2 days today!

Oh Heidi, cool same dates :)

Are you going to find out the gender?

I must say the TWW has nothing on the wait to have cell-free DNA testing done. My appointment is scheduled February 6, which right now seems an eternity. I still have no pregnancy symptoms either, other than exhaustion, which is driving me batty with worry. I know realistically there is no need to worry until I've been given a reason to, but I still don't feel pregnant. I want to enjoy this time, but it still feels so surreal. We haven't shared our news with anyone because we want to make sure everything is okay with the baby and get through the first trimester first. Maybe that's another reason it doesn't seem real.

Okay. My morning rant is over. Thanks for listening, girls. I hope you're all doing well!!

hi Steno !
I understand how you feel and you'll feel way better after the 12 weeks scan ! I felt the same way. I was worried too, didn't know if baby was fine or not and all. Even more after reading stories around here...
Well now at 15 weeks, still fine, still don't feel that pregnant, but at least I start to have a bump.
Be strong ! you're almost there ! and I'm sure you're fine ;)

oh and I also didn't tell anyone before the 12 weeks scan. Was so hard to keep it a secret !!

Steno,

I know what you mean,
I find it hard to believe still at this stage and I don't think I will fully believe it until I hold that little baby in my arms finally!

:hugs: to everyone

Thanks for the reassurance, ladies! And you're right, Lola about lurking around on here making you feel more concerned. So many sad stories. I guess it's even harder for me to grasp because this is the only BFP I've ever had and it happened only after a few months of TTC after being on the pill for over 20 years. Hard to believe I got so lucky.

Hi Stenokat,

First tri is a worry that´s why this time around I´m staying away from the general first tri forum - it sent me crazy with worry with my first pregnancy, especially because I only had sore bbs and that went a few weeks before my first scan. I also decided not to tell anyone until that point, and to be honet I didn-t even discuss it with my OH properly until 12 weeks when atlast I saw a baby in there!
Hopefully time will pass quickly for you and you´ll be able to relax after your first scan xx

Just read the most beautiful post and thought I'd share. Grab a tissue before you start!

https://borntobeabride.com/2015/01/09/they-shouldve-warned-me/

Aah that was lovely Stenokat, can't wait to experience all that for myself.

Hope you are all well ladies, just looking at your tickers and can't believe how time is flying for you all. Not too long now for your test Stenokat, are you having a scan then too?
How about Lola & Jenny? When are your next appointments/scans.

Afm, the verifi results came in on Tuesday and all showed no abnormalities, so I think my oh can finally be at ease!

As far as I understand, they will be doing an NT scan the same day as the DNA blood tests. Congrats on your results, Heidi!!! How exciting!!!

Hi Heidi,

My 20 week scan is booked for January 30, ahhhhh.
It for my gender and anatomy scan, two more weeks and its taking FOREVER, lol.

I will only be 19.1 at that point so I hope they can see everything they need to. I wanted to make sure I had it before my next OB appointment on February 4 :)

I am soo excited but nervous as always.

To be honest I don't feel pregnant. I don't have a bump except for early in the morning and then it disappears. I "think" if feel flutters from time to time but who knows if I am lol.

I can't wait for the bump and more supstantial kicks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->