Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

My anatomy scan is next Tues! I am so excited. We were already told we will be having a girl, I hope they can confirm that (although we have the ultrasound pics and it plainly looks girl). I can't wait to get this Level II scan done, so I can just be another boring pregnant lady with no genetic worries, lol.
Jenny, some things I learned: don't forget to eat and drink. ;) I have been reading other experiences with the anatomy scan, and women say if they go in on an empty stomach the baby will be less cooperative. They are then sent away for 30 minutes to eat chocolates or drink juice, lol!
Also, before my hubby and I did the gender scan I looked up some gender ultrasound pics, and basically a rule of thumb is 3 lines= girl, while boys are much more obvious. ;) I pounded down some OJ before our gender scan, and the tech had me lay on my side. LO was hanging out, legs open, showing her labia to the world. I started crying, it became so real. Even my stone faced husband got emotional. :)

Wow Pansorie, a girl how excitied!!!

I keep thinking I am having a girl but that probably means boy lol.

Good luck you your scan. I have mine on the Friday after yours....

So nervous because I don't have a bump yet and can only feel some minor twitches in my stomach from time to time....so here's to the waiting game lol

Hi ladies! Im finally joining after stalking you for the last few
weeks. This will be my first baby- due mid August. We had our 10 week ultrasound last week and all is going well. I am finally feeling 'normal' after a few weeks of the worst exhaustion and nausea ive ever felt. I was waking up nightly to pee but thankfully that has stopped (for now). Ive got a little belly already and my boobs are gigantic, but luckily have only gained 3-4 lbs. I feel occasional pains in my lower right but that has been happening on/off since week 6.

I still dont feel like I'm bonding with the baby/pregnancy yet. May be too early? I look at the ultrasound pics every day to remind myself that I'm growing a human being.

Welcome Jessiecat :wave:

Glad you have come to join the group!

Are you 38 as well?

Wow, many of you are already at the halfway point. Congrats! Glad things are going well. My boy is 8 weeks old today and currently sleeping on my chest. It seems that lately, that's the only way he will nap longer than 30 minutes, but I do love the cuddles.

Glad you came over here, Jessiecat!! I'm having the same bonding issues regarding the pregnacy. I think I'll feel better after the NT scan and DNA testing.

Hi girls !
I have the same feeling ... I guess it's because, we don't see much of a bump and mostly because we don't feel baby move yet. I'm sure it will happen soon.
My next scan is in a month, maybe a little more. I wish I could see baby sooner, that would help !
Glad to see you're all fine :)

Hey steno and lola!!! Im so looking forward to some of the other girls joining us from the TTC forums. yea, the scans help tremendously, even if only to ease your mind.

Jenny: thanks for the welcome! i'll be 38 in a few months.

I went in for bloodwork for the Panorama genetic testing. A friend of mine, who, is 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy, told me to take the results with a grain of salt. It's a relatively new test and some of the results are scaring women unnecessarily.

Welcome and congratulations pansorie and jessiecat!

Glad to hear you ladies are all doing well (aside from the nausea & tiredness jessiecat!). Definitely feel much better in 2nd tri but get up twice every night for a wee since about 5 weeks!
Feeling more connected to baby now bump is bigger, can feel outline of uterus when lying on my back and feeling my belly.

Not long now to your next appointments/scans jenny & stenokat. My anomaly scan is on 4th Feb.

Hi to everyone else 🙋

Its so exciting when you start to see and notice physical part of being pregnant.

I too have an early morning bump, however, it usually goes down and up throughout the day. Last week I called my husband in to see it when it was lopsided, lol. I guess the baby likes to change sides from time to time.

I also am starting to feel mini "kicks" and can even feel it on the outside from time to time :happydance:

Only 4 mores day till anatomy/gender scan yay!

hello ladies !

what's up? any news?bump? weird symptoms?
My bump is still very shy, I didn't know it would take so long to appear ! and I got constipation (yay TMI), so I spent all weekend in bed and in pain... ugh ! Lesson learned, I will really try to eat more fibers and all now!
What about you? Feeling movements? or any pain?
next scan is so far, I wish I could see my little one sooner...

Hi everyone!

Hope the constipation eases up Lola, I wish my night time bathroom visits would!
No weird symptoms but have a definite bump now, have found over bump maternity jeans fit better than under bump which just fall down, although there is way too much material on the belly at the mo! Am feeling comfier in dresses but don't feel like wearing a dress every day and not to practical at weekends with horrible weather and dog walking to do.

Finally figured out my ticker 😊
I envy the ladies who get loads of scans it feels so long to wait in between, then the last one is at 20 weeks on the nhs! My OH can't come next week as he's started uni for a new job and will be 100 miles away. I will ask the sonographer to write down the gender and put it in an envelope so we can find out together the evening.

how cute ! Can't wait to know what we'll all have ! Let us know ;)
Yeah small bump too, it also depends on what I'm wearing. Some lady noticed it last time in a store, so I guess, I start to show ! I just thought it would be more obvious faster!
I got a bunch of leggings, and I wear them with long tops. Pregnancy leggings are the best ! so comfy !

No news here. I'm just hoping the weekend flies by because I have an OB appointment on Monday. I cannot wait to hear LO's heartbeat. I will feel so much better.

I'm thinking of telling my best friend and her mom tomorrow because they are like family to me and I'll have them in the same room. I wanted to wait till next weekend, but we are having a brunch party for my niece. We have told DH's family. I'm just still so apprehensive. I guess it's due to my lack of symptoms. Although, I've been so bloated I'm ready to come out of the closet so that everyone doesn't think I'm just getting fat.

I went for my 20 weeks scan today and am so happy to announce that I am having a little GIRL. :hugs:

We are so happy, and we both thought it was a girl, lol

I meet with the OB next week for a check up so hopefully after she reviews the ultrasound everything will be right on target!

Congrats on the little girl jenny:pink:!

Steno,can't believe you are 12 weeks already! GL for Monday, bet you can't wait to see your little one.

Lola - the maternity leggings are great so comfy around the waist, I wonder if pregnancy pajamas are the same as mine are starting to feel a bit tight around the waist now.

I am convinced our baby is a boy because earlier on I really wanted a girl so a bit of reverse psychology I think, but now I don't mind either way as long as everything is fine and baby is healthy.
Lola & Steno - will you be finding out girl or boy?

I think we plan on finding out. I'm going to talk it over with DH this weekend. I'm going to let him decide if we find out through the fetal free-cell DNA test or wait for 20-week scan. I go in Friday for NT scan and DNA blood draw. We already have names picked out for either. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to find out because this will be our only child. I'll let you gals know what we decide.

I'm so nervous to hear the heartbeat Monday. I hate that I've read too many stories of missed miscarriage. I know that once I hear it, I will feel so much better!

Hope all of you are doing well!! Have a great weekend!!

Congrats, Jenny!! I had a strong feeling we were having a girl as well, but didn't trust my instincts. :( Looking forward to hearing everyone's else news!!
Stenokat, remember, the odds are totally in your favor. The further along you get the less you will worry. ;)

yay for the baby girl jenny ! congrats !!
I SO can't wait to know, but I have to wait a few more weeks...
Steno, let us know how was your scan !! so exciting !
Heidipie, when will you know if boy or girl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->