Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

muncho

Reaction score
hi ladies

just wondered if anyone else is starting early this year. I am day 2 of my treatment. EC is due around 8th feb and im on a long protocol. Im 39 (on 14th Jan) and amh is 4.4

i thought it may be helpful for us to buddy up and have a thread where we can get some support and get advice..

If anyone is interested i can share some information i have on diet, exercise etc

xx

Hi Muncho,

Try the four leaf clover thread, thats where all the IVF-ers are hanging out. I recently joined the You get a lovey sparkly four leaf clover for your signature too.

Are you sniffing or injecting? Where are you having your treatment?

See you in the clover thread x

im hoping to start ICSI in the new year. We have our nurse consultaion on 15th Jan, not sure how long after that we start.
x

Hi ladies, we're due to start our ICSI in January too. Clinic opens again on Monday so I'll know exact dates then, but all being well I'll be starting jabs in middle of Jan. I'm short protocol so ec should be early Feb, prob quite close to you Muncho, or maybe a week after. I'd love to buddy up with all you gals. 2010 will be our year!!! XXX

:bfp::bfp:

Hi Muncho and Obe - come and join us in the four leaf clover.

Obe - I'm having ICSI, we were able to start treatment the first cycle after our first consultation with ferility clinic - I hope you don't have to wait too long x

Hi ladies, we're due to start our ICSI in January too. Clinic opens again on Monday so I'll know exact dates then, but all being well I'll be starting jabs in middle of Jan. I'm short protocol so ec should be early Feb, prob quite close to you Muncho, or maybe a week after. I'd love to buddy up with all you gals. 2010 will be our year!!! XXX

:bfp::bfp:

Oh jojo, this sounds very similar to me! I have to take Provera to help AF on her merry way, and depending on how quickly it works, I should be starting injections during the second or third week in January.

I'm also on the short protocol so EC should be the first week or so in Feb for me too. I'm so excited already!:happydance:

Hiya i'm starting in jan. The other threads are sooooo long and too confusing so i like this thread for ivf/icsi for jan/feb. Munch have you started IVF this month? Do you have to start the buserelin injections....i hate injecting i dont know if i'm doing it in the right place :(

Hi trying4ever

yes i have started my protocol. Im on the pill for 3 weeks and start buserelin injections on 18th Jan followed by menopur and then egg collection around 8th feb if all goes well..

i have started my high protein in take and am going to try to drink lots and lots of water..

what about you, were are you with yours?

Meeeeee!
I have appt on 5th Jan not sure when i am starting but will be on short protocol so can i join too?? x

course you can join us glitter...

i know most of you have seen my thread on how to get cheaper drugs but is there anything else that we should know??

Hi Ladies - We have our first consultation on Jan 12th. Not sure how long after that we will start; I assume there will be a million tests first. But I would love to join this group too. I am 33 and dh is 41. We have one healthy 19mt/old and have been trying for over a year for number 2. Clomid was not successful after 2/50mg and 2/100mg. My hope is that we can move straight to IVF at this point. Not sure what to expect at the consult so we'll have to wait and see what the Dr. says. I have high hopes for 2010!!!!

Hi apen

good luck with your appt, one piece of advice if you are having IVF privately you can get all your blood tests done via your gp, this will save you a few hundred pounds.

The tests include: clamidyia, HIV, hep B and C, Rubella

glitterqueen.. you too should get these done before your appt if you can

I agree with Muncho, get all your tests done by your GP first. It will save you money and at least you have them all out of the way by the time you get to see the FS.
We are self funding and have not payed for anything yet, everything was done by our doctor, although the FS did do 1 last SA.
I cant wait until our Nurse Consultation, I want to get things started as soon as possible!
Why do they put some people on long Proto and some on short?
xx

Hiya, I'm not sure if I am on short or long protocol but I have started injections for Buserelin and will have my baseline scan on 13th jan or around that date. I think they will look to see I have NO follicles and a thin lining and Then I was told I can probably reduce dose of Buserelin and start on Gonal F for about another 10 days until they scan to see how many follicles have grown! then they will give me a date for egg collection....and I am wondering like the other thread if to take a week off work or just the day?

Hi
I am going to join on here as well. I will be starting the long protocol from beginning feb. Lots of healthly eating and exercise until then. Also starting on the pregnacare pre natal supplements. Do u think there is anything my hubby should take? Got to go to the gp for a few more bloods test and a smear then come feb it will be all systems go. Good luck everyones let's hope we geta good share of bfp's x

trying 4ever, personaly im going to take a week off, i want to relax and be tress free. Its up 2 you, i think most people take 2 weeks off.. im not sure about your protocol. i think its a long one as you are down regulating..

oneday..my dh sperm is good but he is still taking vitamins. he has also cut down on sugar, alcohol, caffine etc. We still need good quality sperm as well as egg remember!

i have private insurance , so i called them and told them my gynae had referred me to a fertlity clinic for a consultation. (£180)

They asked me if i had any treatments and i said no.

they WILL pay for the consulatation.

Its worth a try !

hmm muncho who are you insured with? Its really confusing cos you have to tell them if you have already been diagnosed with something etc and some things they will pay for and some they wont...depending on what mood they are in!

2 weeks off for EC? wow really? that is a lot of time off?!?!? Everything that I have read is that you can go back to work the next day, but that you might want a day or 2 off. Obviously as little stress as possible sounds great........hmmmmm something to think about.

Best wishes.

im insured with simply health, they pay for fertility investigation but not treatment..check with your company

2 wks off..i know but alot of people do it, apparently helps with implantation.my clinic will give me a sick note for 2 weeks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->