Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

back again
well we had our appointment , despite the weathers best efforts at stopping us-drove for 2. hr journey whch should have only taken 1 hr and then the clinic threatened to change appointment as the receptionist siad the doc was leavingt o go home because of the bad weather. I think i must have sounded a little hystericial when i ' politely' stated i had travelled from NI driven for hours in the snow, booked a hotel, takin time of work and was staying until i say the doc' Said doc then appeared and showed no sign of hurrying us so we recon it was the receptionist wanting home!! doc was very nice , explained everything looked at bloods etc and recommended icsi-which threw me a little but he said it was the best option given my age, possible tough exterior on eggs and partners lower than perfect mobility-although the fs here said there was nothing in his results stopping pg just slightly reduced
Firstly i thought he was just looking for more money but i suppose they would be ethical about that-would't they??
it will be short protocol-take tabs from ov date then injections 2 wk later then scanned for 2-10 days then egg collection
should be starting bout 10 days at next period but have a prob-partner has work commentments he can't get out of for a few days end of feb and march ans they might clash with needing his sample for egg collection and its not as if he can just nip over to sheffield and back in 1 hour so should we delay 1 or two months til his schedule is clear-so confused?? my head is spinning and have been crying for 2 days no idea why as its all happening?
sorry for such a long post x

hi glitter its such a horrible journey as it is without complications..
firstly isnt ICIS the same price as IVF, it is at mine. best option for you though due to dh sperm.

if you start in in 10days that will be around same time as me..yeaaahh..

However you need your sperm sample ..thats just as crucial as the eggs. i dont think you will be able to get a sample as it needs to be done within a few hours of ejaculation (TMI sorry)

is there any way he can be available just for a few hours, can he explain at his work. My dh has a 3 day meeting around my EC, but i told him he has to change it or go late. he can do this though.

I felt the same christmas week as we went to norway and then the lister 2 days later. Its alot to take on , esp when you have been waiting all this time for an appt.

Please try not to be upset, you ahve read my journal and seen how down i have been. I am so much better now and you will be too.

IVF is such a rollercoaster and it horrible when you feel down. Hopefully we will give you the support you need.

hope you are able to decide whether to reschedule or not.
take care xx

Glitterqueen - glad you managed to see the doc. Can your DH provide a sample for it to be frozen? I can't remember which diary (or blog?) I read, but that was what someone did, because the hubby had a business trip. One of the clinic I went to for open day said that it was possible to freeze sperm for ICSI (in cases where the count is so low that they need more than one ejaculation to get the required numbers). It's a bit of a bummer when everything is ready to start but schedules don't allow. I've decided that I'm going to postpone the exams that I have in March, because they can wait and my broodiness can't. :haha:

Muncho - ICSI is usually about £900 on top of IVF cost- at least in the places that I've looked at (I'm lucky that we are NHS funded though).

Hi all, by the way! I hope I'm not to premature in joining this thread. I'm currently in my (last?) natural 2WW, and waiting for AF to come. This is probably the first cycle since TTC that I'm looking forward to AF, because it means we give the clinic a call, and then we're on the ICSI road. :happydance:

glitterqueen, I agree with peartree, clinics definitely freeze sperm to use for ICSI and IVF. Think about the ladies who are doing IVF with a sperm donor, it's always frozen. At my clinic, they even told us that at the orientation that we might want to freeze some sperm just in case on the day of there is a problem (in other words, he can't make it happen), so I know for sure that they can use frozen sperm. Hope you're doing ok. Sounds like we'll be stimming around the same time- I should be starting the stimulation drugs in about 2 weeks.

I'm hoping to start stimming in about 2 weeks as well, if AF plays ball. Our dates might be pretty similar. I'm so excited!

Actually finding myself a bit emotional today about it all as well, have been close to tears a few times. Think this is because my colleague in work has come back to work after 6 weeks off and she's 6 months pregnant. When she left she had a little bump, but now it's huge and I'm so jealous. All we talked about in my office all day was babies and it all got a bit much. Had to have a little moment to myself in the loo at one stage!

thanks for all the replys ladies
icsi is 900 more expensive but gives a better chance. will investigate the freezing for sperm but i suppose that will be more money on top
unfortunately as we are travelling to uk dp can't nip in and do the biz so to speak so we may have to rescedule but i will speak to the clinic tomorrow
good to c u back mrs r-good luck x- i understand how you feel at work 2
i am sure i will be on asking all sorts of druggie related issues as i really didn't take half of what she said in
keep positive everyone- i am off to watch celebrity big brother-sad-but keeps your mind off things x

Hi Ladies
Hope you all dont mind mean joining in . I am new to the site and there are that many threads its a little confuding ( not to mention the lingo which i havnt got use to yet lol ) I am due to start my first cycle of IVF on Friday 15th jan ( Hopefully ) I am on short protocol and this is AF date but a little concerned as had some spotting for last couple of days so hoping i dont start before i get my drugs delivered ( tues 12th ) or i will have to postpone another month..arrrgh. I would love to share this rollercoaster ride with others. FX'd for everyone xx

Hi Girls,

Just updating you. I have my planning appointment on Tues (12th), start Northisterone tablets on Saturday (16th). I can't believe it's actually my turn! LOL! Seems you spend months longing to be at the stage everyone else is at.

I actually feel really chilled out about it all. I'm not worrrying and just trying to give it my best shot. Stopped drinking at the New Year, eating healthily and taking my folic acid. In six and a half weeks I will know the result.... :wacko:

Hi Ladies
Hope you all dont mind mean joining in . I am new to the site and there are that many threads its a little confuding ( not to mention the lingo which i havnt got use to yet lol ) I am due to start my first cycle of IVF on Friday 15th jan ( Hopefully ) I am on short protocol and this is AF date but a little concerned as had some spotting for last couple of days so hoping i dont start before i get my drugs delivered ( tues 12th ) or i will have to postpone another month..arrrgh. I would love to share this rollercoaster ride with others. FX'd for everyone xx

Hi Lisa

welcome!

here is the link to the abbreviations. It took me weeks to find it - although i kept trying to guess what they all meant:(

Im starting my drugs on 18th and i think ill be getting them on the 12th too. in a weird kinda way im quite excited - as long as it all goes to plan.

Can i ask why you are having IVF?

fingers crossed for you and if you need to ask anything about the site feel free

keep us udpated on your progress x

:growlmad:
Hi Girls,

Just updating you. I have my planning appointment on Tues (12th), start Northisterone tablets on Saturday (16th). I can't believe it's actually my turn! LOL! Seems you spend months longing to be at the stage everyone else is at.

I actually feel really chilled out about it all. I'm not worrrying and just trying to give it my best shot. Stopped drinking at the New Year, eating healthily and taking my folic acid. In six and a half weeks I will know the result.... :wacko:

WOW how exciting, what is the norithisterone - is it a hormone tablet?..

i know what you mean about having waiting ages, i have only waited 2 months abut feels like ages..

well odne on the healthy eating. i have done quite well - although just had 1/4 of maderia cake:growlmad:

i cant wait till i start then we can all share our experience xx

hey- I've also started the norethindrone (if that's the same thing you mean jojo). I think it's progesterone that goes along with the down regging drugs to prevent cysts- or at least that's what the nurse said. They make me feel really sleepy, but I think I'm starting to get used to them. Today I don't feel so tired.

As far as I know Northisterone is used to control the timing of your period, either postpone it or stop it from coming all together. Means they are in control of the timing rather than leaving it up to your body. It affects the lining of your womb, thickness etc... Must ask on Tues.

Good luck for this week everyone and anything that may or may not be coming up :hugs:

Got my drugs delivered today, was very exciting, looking forward to monday for baseline scan.hope its all ok so i can start down reg with busrelin :)

Got my drugs delivered today, was very exciting, looking forward to monday for baseline scan.hope its all ok so i can start down reg with busrelin :)

Good luck for Monday!! My next scan is 28th Jan. Starting the tablets tomorrow!!! Will take them from 16th-23rd inclusive. The Northisterone allows them to control the timing of your period. So I'll have a light bleed two to three days after I finish them. Then scan is to ensure womb lining is nice and thin and that I'm ready to start injections. Am really excited but bringing home all the needles etc was slightly daunting too!!!

Another week of the journey completed, another week closer to our :bfp:

:dust::dust::dust:

What is Busrelin? same as lupron or something? sorry unfamilar

What is Busrelin? same as lupron or something? sorry unfamilar

No they are different.Lupron is a LHRH aginist which means its supresses your FSH, LH but before it does it cause a surge of one of the hormones.
Buserlin puts you into temprary menoppuase by shutting the system down so the other drugs can take over. I probably havent explained it in the best way but its somethin like that

Some people are on lupron first for a few months as they respond better to ivf drugs when they start.

Will let u know how the scan went. lining meeds to be less than 5mm..

actually, as far as I can tell, they use Lupron in the states and Canada in the same way that busrelin is used in the UK. Everyone here takes Lupron for two weeks for down regging and then starts stims. They told me that the Lupron shuts down your system and puts you into a temporary menopause, so I'm pretty sure it's doing the same thing as the busrelin-
They also use lupron long term for people with Endo because it shuts down that process as well...
It took me a while to figure out that lupron and busrelin were the same process- I even posted here a few months ago asking about side effects of lupron and wondered why no one at all replied...

H9i brooklyn you are right, in the UK. zoladex is used for endo, is huge here because the company that make it were british ( coz i used to work for them)

i dont really know much about lupron but interesting to know that its the same as buserelin xx

hiya
can i join this thread please.
short history. 10 yrs ago ruptured ovarian cyst. had ovary and tube removed.
dec 08 laparscopy for ovarian cyst on remaining side. march 09 laparotomy to remove cyst.
chemical pregnancy oct 2008. currently pregnant but told definately going to miscarry.
blood tests on 18.1.10 and follow up scan, hospital think might be ectopic but waiting to see if i'll miscarry. if ectopic i'l lose my last tube.
got pregnant this time whilst waiting for IVF appointment. IVF appointment came through fri 26th feb. will have to push back appointment as need for AF to return etc and be drug free. Currently being undergoing fertilty treatment since april 09. (femara. ammoxcyillin, pregynl & ldn)

hope nobody minds if i join, i know i'm joining early,but i'll be with you guys in a few months x

Hi gum, sorry to hear your story. Do you think there is any chance the docs could be wrong. I cant imagine what it must be like being pg knowing that you will miscarry.
Hope it all goes ok on 18th.

Welcome to the thread and let us know what happens on Monday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->