Anyone too tired/busy to diet?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Towards the end of my pregnancy, I kept saying that I couldn't wait to get back to weight watchers and loose this baby weight. Now my LO is here, I have the intention every week to start dieting but it just doesn't work out. I get to tea time everyday and realise I haven't had a proper meal. I've just snacked on bits of chocolate all day as its quick and easy. I'm also waiting till LO settles at night to have a proper meal so it's usually quite late and something quick to make like pizza or we order a takeaway.
How have you ladies managed it?

Yep. İ eat what i like. İ would like to be thinner but just dont care enough to make it happen. İm a real woman with two kids and i really cant be bothered with worrying about my weight :)

I've JUST started - like, this week! I was the same I thought I couldn't wait to get back in my old jeans and feel better - then I had my baby and the rest is history!!

I had a wake up calll when I got on the scales last week though :wacko: :wacko: so I'm back to bootcamp 3 nights a week and following a diet plan from my trainer - and feel a million times better already! Give yourself some time - I'm sure you'll know when the time is right for you.....:flower:

I eat what I like too but I am back at the gym now. More for my sanity and a bit of me time than anything else but my trainer (and friend) is whipping me back into shape. Food though is an issue because like you I have very little time.

me!!I also am so busy most days i grab chocolate snacks or sweets here and there! I have been having a healthy (ish) meal in the evenings, mostly because i am breastfeeding and feel I should eat something thats not crap! I am the best part of 2 stone over my pre preg weight and will get back to the gym in 5 or so weeks. I'm walking everyday and feeding all the time hoping this will help get things going, feel like a flabby mess at the moment!

Oh my. I try and try but some days a nap wins over cooking myself a healthy meal.

I am starting to really be bothered by my weight though. So I need to buckle down.

Me too! I have so little me time that when I do get to sit down for 5 mins I feel I deserve a treat!

i stopped buying chocolates. coz it was so easy to graze on that. usually i have salats now for lunch or left over from the night before. but then only the protein part usually. if i cook boiled veggies for LO i eat those too. yesterday i had to finish the melon since OH bought another one, so there were two in the fridge. but i was full for lunch after i ate half a melon :haha: i graze on nuts and seeds now. what helped me is just not to buy chocolate... so it isnt there. all i have is cheeze, veggies, fruits, milk products, muesli, nuts and seeds that helped.

i started running now again as well.

Me! I totally don't care anymore, lol. I just don't have the time after work without it taking away from time with my kids who I'd rather spend my time with.

However, I have randomly dropped about 10 lbs since may without trying at all, so that's exciting! Lol

I only started weight watchers again last week and my LO is 6 months.

THere is no way I could have started sooner, although I have lost weight by myself because I was mostly too busy to eat!

It actually feels really good to be back in control of my eating, if anything it's forcing me to have 3 proper meals a day again.

I'm actually feeling encouraged by this thread to get back on track. My LO is 13 months so it's about time. There was no way I could even think about in the early months, I just didn't have the energy. So here's goes...

tbh- I don't think you'll do well until YOUR ready to put in the effort. It's not easy to lose weight- and certainly much more difficult when you aren't motivated. I think, when it's something important enough to you- you'll just do it. Least that is how it was for me. I finally got the motivation to watch my calories after my LO was born- well, about 3mos later ;) I cut myself some slack at first. There will always be excuses hun- I think it's when you stop making them that you are successful. I don't mean that harsh- trust me, I made excuses for YEARS (in my 20's) as to why I *couldn't* lose the extra weight or why I didn't work out... yadda yadda- the day I stopped and did right be me, was the best day ever! That was 10yrs ago and I've never looked back. Even still I carried around 10 extra lbs and didn't lose that till after I was motivated to lose the baby weight-- then hey, why not keep going!? It's funny that I'm in better shape now than I was pre baby (or at 30yrs) and I'm now 39!? Um... go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->