Anyone tried acupuncture?

Hi ladies,

Scarlett P - thank you! I'm soooo hoping the Clomid works first time too - I had my day 10 scan at the hospital this week and she said it's all looking as it should so I have my fingers, toes and nose all crossed! I'm on day 13 today so I have a fun weekend ahead of me :winkwink: It is so good that you are excited about starting your tabs - positivity alone works wonders for lots of people :happydance: I shall cross my nose for you too! Do you know when your expected start date will be? Yes i'm still having acu too, this month I had it on day 11 to prompt O and am going again on day 23 which should be around implantation if that happens.

Maxie - Sorry to hear you have a wait for your first appt, it is so true about waiting for everything! I think it's really good that it will be at the start of your cycle, then you can start that cycle all refreshed. Or even better, just after a BFP! I'm sure it will be worth the wait either way:flower:

xx

Hi ladies,

Scarlett P - thank you! I'm soooo hoping the Clomid works first time too - I had my day 10 scan at the hospital this week and she said it's all looking as it should so I have my fingers, toes and nose all crossed! I'm on day 13 today so I have a fun weekend ahead of me :winkwink: It is so good that you are excited about starting your tabs - positivity alone works wonders for lots of people :happydance: I shall cross my nose for you too! Do you know when your expected start date will be? Yes i'm still having acu too, this month I had it on day 11 to prompt O and am going again on day 23 which should be around implantation if that happens.

Maxie - Sorry to hear you have a wait for your first appt, it is so true about waiting for everything! I think it's really good that it will be at the start of your cycle, then you can start that cycle all refreshed. Or even better, just after a BFP! I'm sure it will be worth the wait either way:flower:

xx

Lol thanks in advance to the nose crossing! :) and I shall be keeping everything crossed for you too :hugs: I'm waiting on AF to show - app on my phone says tomorrow, if I go by FF then it's Sunday, and if I go by my symptoms it could be Mon...although my PMS should have been slightly better this month if the acupuncture did the trick. Am doing it days 2 - 6, what did you do? And I hope you have a VERY good weekend :winkwink: xx

I have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment :( hopefully be worth the wait!

Awww sorry you've got such a long wait :hugs: WHY is everything with ttc about the waiting?! Waiting for O, waiting for AF, waiting for appointments, waiting for stuff to arrived you've ordered, and waiting for your OH's :spermy::winkwink:!!!!

Where about's will you be in your cycle then? xx

Waiting waiting waiting!!
Congrats on your engagement by the way!
I haven't I'd yet, expecting it this weekend, so I think I'll be cd 3-6. Hoping that's ok, she didn't say I had to time treatments around the cycle.
Well, if I'm hoping for anything, it's a bfp by then!! We'll see!
How are you?

Thank you :) still can't quite believe it :) :) Yes the start of your cycle is a great time for treatment, my first was cd 2 or 3 and it will be the same again next cycle. I think it's cos when AF shows it's when your body starts work on the next eggs? But of course hopefully you'll have your BFP by then! I hope you have a very lovely weekend :winkwink: xx

Oh wow, you may not even need the Clomid then, that would be great huh! Yes I took it days 2 - 6 too, a friend advised that I took it at night around 8pm - and then if it makes you feel a bit sicky etc you're likely to be asleep. It seemed to work that way for me and so i'd recommend that. Happy weekend! xx

Oh wow, you may not even need the Clomid then, that would be great huh! Yes I took it days 2 - 6 too, a friend advised that I took it at night around 8pm - and then if it makes you feel a bit sicky etc you're likely to be asleep. It seemed to work that way for me and so i'd recommend that. Happy weekend! xx

Well there is that, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up!! We'll see, and at least if it does show it's not the end of the world as I'm ready to go for next cycle! Thanks for the info will defo take it in the evening too :) Happy weekend back at you! :flower: xx

I have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment :( hopefully be worth the wait!

Awww sorry you've got such a long wait :hugs: WHY is everything with ttc about the waiting?! Waiting for O, waiting for AF, waiting for appointments, waiting for stuff to arrived you've ordered, and waiting for your OH's :spermy::winkwink:!!!!

Where about's will you be in your cycle then? xx

Waiting waiting waiting!!
Congrats on your engagement by the way!
I haven't I'd yet, expecting it this weekend, so I think I'll be cd 3-6. Hoping that's ok, she didn't say I had to time treatments around the cycle.
Well, if I'm hoping for anything, it's a bfp by then!! We'll see!
How are you?

Thank you :) still can't quite believe it :) :) Yes the start of your cycle is a great time for treatment, my first was cd 2 or 3 and it will be the same again next cycle. I think it's cos when AF shows it's when your body starts work on the next eggs? But of course hopefully you'll have your BFP by then! I hope you have a very lovely weekend :winkwink: xx

Excellent! Thanks for the advice!!

Hello Ladies how are you all?

Well, if anyone ever asks me, I'm going to say that acupuncture works miracles.

We had the bestest St Patrick's Day EVER yesterday...
How's everyone else getting on? xxx

:dust:

Wow Scarlett congrats!!

Just deleted a massive reply. Grrrhhhh

Quickly- my daughter is here because of Acu and TCM- so like you I also say it works. I also know of three or four other people who have had success!
Brief- had several MC and an ectopic where I lost my right tube as well as the pregnancy- quit trying and started Acu for three month before conceiving DD. continued Acu and herbs throughout pregnancy. Especially during first trimester where I was seeing Acu guy 3x a week!

We're TTC no2 and am looking into a practitioner local to me. Previous guy was good but expensive at about 100-150 for Acu and herbs. Acu alone was £70!! Local lady says £50 for session and 30 for herbs. She has t old me I won't need to see her more than once a week. I am worried she is either not aware of what I need (haven't seen her yet) or my previous guy was rinsing me out!! Any ideas?

Finally, Just wondering what you ladies pay and where your got your Acu practitioner details from.

Thanks

Wow Scarlett congrats!!

Just deleted a massive reply. Grrrhhhh

Quickly- my daughter is here because of Acu and TCM- so like you I also say it works. I also know of three or four other people who have had success!
Brief- had several MC and an ectopic where I lost my right tube as well as the pregnancy- quit trying and started Acu for three month before conceiving DD. continued Acu and herbs throughout pregnancy. Especially during first trimester where I was seeing Acu guy 3x a week!

We're TTC no2 and am looking into a practitioner local to me. Previous guy was good but expensive at about 100-150 for Acu and herbs. Acu alone was £70!! Local lady says £50 for session and 30 for herbs. She has t old me I won't need to see her more than once a week. I am worried she is either not aware of what I need (haven't seen her yet) or my previous guy was rinsing me out!! Any ideas?

Finally, Just wondering what you ladies pay and where your got your Acu practitioner details from.

Thanks

Hi and thank you for the congrats :flower:

Wow big :hugs: to you. I'm so pleased that acu gave you your daughter, and I hope it makes her a big sister really soon! I think I'm going to keep going, at least for first trimester as I'm already terrified it's all going to go wrong! How did you feel it helped you?

Wow that's a LOT of money.... mine's £42 for session and herbs and I've been twice in 4 weeks. I guess it will be more expensive in London though? I just searched fertility acu in my area and there were only 2 people that came up, but as it's already been mentioned on here sure the "fertility" bits puts the cost up :growlmad: is it worth going to see this new lady for at least one session and then you'll be able to tell her your situation properly but also get a feel for if you like her?

xx

Can't open the attachment, is it a bfp??????

It's 3 of them :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Still can't quite believe it - text my acupuncturist this morning and she says it's a miracle LOL! Can't get into my Drs atm though as their computers are down :growlmad: so wanted to get my blood test done and hormones checked as I'm scared it's all going to go wrong....or I'm going to wake up from a dream!!

How was your weekend?

xx

Can't open the attachment, is it a bfp??????

It's 3 of them :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Still can't quite believe it - text my acupuncturist this morning and she says it's a miracle LOL! Can't get into my Drs atm though as their computers are down :growlmad: so wanted to get my blood test done and hormones checked as I'm scared it's all going to go wrong....or I'm going to wake up from a dream!!

How was your weekend?

xx

That's amazing! Congratulations! So pleased for you!!! Ah you'll be fine, have a feeling you're in for a happy n healthy 8-9months now. Enjoy!!

Thanks Scarlett.I think you're right about the prices. I just spoke to our mechanic and he has Acu with a guy who works from home. Just spoke to him he charges £20 per session but doesnt do the herbs. He recommends the herbs and Acu to get faster results.
Like you suggested I think I will go to him for some Acu and the expensive Leslie for the herbs and maybe less Acu sessions. I am seeing her on Monday so fingers crossed :)

I had several MC's when I started Acu. He suggested to stop tryign and give time for my womb to heal. 3 cycles. I was pregnant with DD by the third and I didnt even monitor, use OPK or Sofcups or ANYTHING :)

I found sessions really calming and relaxing. I was seeing him three times a week at one point. I had no Morning Sickness and he helped with Sciatica headaches and stuffy noses (i have sinus issues) I loved going :)

How long have you been going Scarlett? I am keeping all i can crossed that this is your sticky one... xxxx

Scarlett P - CONGRATUMALATIONS!!!! Haha, that is such great news, I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months. What a lovely surprise that you didn't need to start the Clomid! It was obviously meant to be :) How are you feeling? Am trying to remember now, were you taking herbs as well as the acu? and at what point in your cycle were you having acu?

Minimin - I pay £35 per session just acu (in the Midlands), she is a Zita West affiliated acupuncturist and so treats a lot of women with fertility issues. I just go twice per month, once around Ov and once around implantation. My SIL used to go once per month only, and my friend went every week, so I think it differs greatly dependent upon your practitioner and your problems.

Thanks Scarlett.I think you're right about the prices. I just spoke to our mechanic and he has Acu with a guy who works from home. Just spoke to him he charges £20 per session but doesnt do the herbs. He recommends the herbs and Acu to get faster results.
Like you suggested I think I will go to him for some Acu and the expensive Leslie for the herbs and maybe less Acu sessions. I am seeing her on Monday so fingers crossed :)

I had several MC's when I started Acu. He suggested to stop tryign and give time for my womb to heal. 3 cycles. I was pregnant with DD by the third and I didnt even monitor, use OPK or Sofcups or ANYTHING :)

I found sessions really calming and relaxing. I was seeing him three times a week at one point. I had no Morning Sickness and he helped with Sciatica headaches and stuffy noses (i have sinus issues) I loved going :)

How long have you been going Scarlett? I am keeping all i can crossed that this is your sticky one... xxxx

Thank you! Still in shock!!!!

It was JasperGold who pointed out how prices seem to shoot up when fertility is involved, and very right she is. It's naughty really that people are happy to cash in on that :growlmad:

Your ttc with your daughter is amazing, I hope all goes well on Monday and it's not long before you get your BFP! I really think acupuncture is a miracle worker!! I only had two sessions, but I'm on herbs too. I'm going again tonight and can't wait :happydance:

So feel your pain with sinus problems, it's soooo horrible - you know I fought to have an op on mine and haven't looked back!

:hugs: xx

Scarlett P - CONGRATUMALATIONS!!!! Haha, that is such great news, I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months. What a lovely surprise that you didn't need to start the Clomid! It was obviously meant to be :) How are you feeling? Am trying to remember now, were you taking herbs as well as the acu? and at what point in your cycle were you having acu?

Minimin - I pay £35 per session just acu (in the Midlands), she is a Zita West affiliated acupuncturist and so treats a lot of women with fertility issues. I just go twice per month, once around Ov and once around implantation. My SIL used to go once per month only, and my friend went every week, so I think it differs greatly dependent upon your practitioner and your problems.

Thank you BusyBee it still hasn't sunk in! I had treatment at the start of my cycle and again around O but that was it. And the herbs were Zuo Gui Wan. Where abouts in the Midlands are you? I'm living in Worcestershire but moving to Shropshire, which is where I'm having my treatment...back again tonight :happydance:

It's weird cos I'm either feeling tired, hungry or sick (and I'm NOT complaining about any of it, I really don't care I'm so happy!!) but at the same time I feel really relaxed and chilled and, well, really good!

How's you? Hope you had a VERY good weekend :winkwink: xx

Morning ladies!!
I agree cashing in is annoying. My plan is to see one for herbs and maybe one session and see if I can get the cheaper guy to do a few additional sessions.

Of course once she/he sees me they may tell me different lol.

Scarlett so pleased for you... :)

Thanks for pricing and timings. It's useful to know. Makes me wonder if the old Acu guy was cashing in on me.. Oh well I can't complain as I have a little Madame to thank for it :)

13dpo and did a IC yesterday. Got a BFN so not holding my breathe :(
My previous cycles have had a few days of spotting before I started full flow. This month nothing!!!! So although I am trying not to symptom spot and have my hopes up I am hoping!!!

Hope everyone is well xxx

hi

congrats scarlett! hope u have a happy and healthy 9 months! I am going acupuncture tonight!! I can't wait!!

Well done Scarlett its lovely to hear good news

I hope you dont mind me joining I had my first Acu session on Tuesday and could feel electric sensasion so I am hopeful.

I am based in London a Acu is £45 per hour session

Anyway wishing you all well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->