Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Hi, I am 34 and dh 45.... I had miscarriages in early 20's and then went on mirena.... Been off mirena now for more than a year... And 3 months ago had chemical pregnancy.....

Awww treeroot:hugs: It's pretty frustrating, isn't it? I honestly never imagined it would take me so long, even mid-30s (started when I was 34½ years old):nope:

Conceive Plus is a fertility friendly lubricant that is supposed to supplement your own natural fertile fluids and aid in getting pregnant naturally (https://www.conceiveplus.com/). I'm giving it a go because it claims to maintain sperm viability, sperm motility and assisting in providing an environment that may increase the likelihood of pregnancy. DH has some sperm issues so thinking maybe it'll give them an extra boost:shrug:

I'll be trying it the next 2 cycles (including this one) since we won't be starting on any assisted conception until December (hopefully it'll be before New Years, FX'ed) as our first meeting with the clinic is November 5th and since that'll be a few days after I O, I won't be able to do the final test (HSG) until about 1½ weeks later:dohh:

That sounds like a fun product! I can see why you're excited!

Your chart is looking pretty promising tree, dont you think?!

I'm 31!

Honestly, I am jealous of my friends with 2 kids that are already in preschool/kindergarten! I always worried about being able to financially and emotionally care for children so I put it off and put it off, but many people much less well off than myself seem to be fine raising kids. I feel like a wimp!

Hopefully my 30s will be nice to me and not make TTC too troublesome. We will see.

Welcome pinkfootsie and Rscha! :flower:

Treeroot!! That is fantastic, congrats!!! :happydance: :dance: :happydance:

Congrats treeroot, wonderful news!

Welcome Pinkfootsie and Rscha. Hope you'll be moving on to the Pregnancy board soon.

Rscha, I'm regretting that I waited for everything to be perfect before TTC. Things are far from perfect even now and I've wasted over 2 years. I'll be 33 soon, most of my friends are having their second baby and I haven't even started.

NewWaveBaby, I swear my cycles became weird JUST WHEN we decided to start TTC! I always used to have normal periods and suddenly I started having brown discharge for 2-4 days before AF properly started.

NewWaveBaby and Fleur- Has anyone ever been able to explain to you why the 4 days of spotting/brown discharge before your period is happening? I've had that too (funny- it also started for me when we started TTC, or maybe I just noticed it because we were :winkwink: For those cycles we had great timing, which makes me... :nope:)

My OB/GYN tried to tell me it was due to ovulation... that I was ovulating then and that is normal for some ladies. Normal? Mmmmm. Okay, no. Even I know that isn't normal since it would give me a 4 day LP. Needless to say, I am looking for a new one :wacko: I'm just curious. I have an appt to see an RE this month, so I will keep y'all posted if I find out what the cause of it is.

Eh how can it be due to ovulation if it's just before AF? Unless you have it mid cycle?

I was worried about that because I used to have "normal" periods and about 6 months ago, I started having beige/brown discharge for 2-4 days, then proper bleeding for only 2 days then a few more days of brown discharge. The OB/gyn said it's old blood which hadn't been cleared out the previous cycle, or maybe bad quality ovulation. Just what I needed to hear when about to TTC! I asked him if my progesterone levels could be low, he said probably not but gave me a one month course of progesterone supplements (without getting my levels tested - to get rid of me probably!). Anyway it didn't change anything, I still had brown discharge for 2 days before AF the next cycle. Apparently your cycles can change as you age.

Hello, just wanted to update after yesterday's appointment.

To my utmost surprise, there is an embryo (3.8 mm with a heartrate of 118 bpm) - I asked the OB/gyn "where did that come from!". He pushed my dates back by 9 days (to 6 weeks 1 day instead of 7 weeks 3 days) and said I probably ovulated late, but I've never ovulated so late before, and I noted the dates we "tried" so it would mean my DH's sperm was just hanging around for 5 days??? My gestational sac is also measuring very large, 38 mm.

So while I'm obviously happy we found an embryo with a heartbeat, I still can't stop stressing about measuring 9 days behind and the large sac.

Fleur, that is fantastic!! That is odd about the dates, but so glad that there is an embryo!! Sometimes the body has off-months, perhaps this was just one of them for you. The most important thing is that you're pregnant!!

Hi all! Finally worked up the courage to join a thread. My partner and I are almost 36 & 34 and have been officially TTC for 5 cycles. Birth control was thrown away almost 12 months ago but a broken leg and 4 months in a leg brace for me was more than sufficient form of BC.
Currently filled with despair as for the first cycle ever AF was 3-4 days late. I allowed myself to get just a little excited and decided to add a test to the shopping list...damn AF turned up about an hour before I was heading to the shops :(

So today is O day:happydance:

DH and I BDed last night and I used an extra bit of Conceive Plus compared to our other BD nights. Here's hoping it works! If not, I'll be trying it again the next few cycles until we start IUI or IVF, whatever the RE recommends (here's hoping it'll be IUI, FXed) :)

So expecting to O sometime this afternoon or evening and here's hoping there are some :spermy: waiting and ready to get fertilizing :thumbup:

Fleur, that is fantastic!! That is odd about the dates, but so glad that there is an embryo!! Sometimes the body has off-months, perhaps this was just one of them for you. The most important thing is that you're pregnant!!

Thanks. After reading up on similar cases online I'm not feeling hugely confident but I'll just have to wait and see at the next scan :flower:

Welcome 78..80...2015. So sorry AF turned up late, this seems to happen to a lot of us when TTC'ing :( I hope you won't have to wait long for a BFP!

Kat, enjoy! Hope the Conceive Plus works :dust:

DH and I BDed last night and I used an extra bit of Conceive Plus compared to our other BD nights. Here's hoping it works! If not, I'll be trying it again the next few cycles until we start IUI or IVF, whatever the RE recommends (here's hoping it'll be IUI, FXed) :)

So expecting to O sometime this afternoon or evening and here's hoping there are some :spermy: waiting and ready to get fertilizing :thumbup:

O today too. Hopefully can catch the egg, but not much hope this round because it's extremely dry season down there, even with O. And no EWCM at all.

O today too. Hopefully can catch the egg, but not much hope this round because it's extremely dry season down there, even with O. And no EWCM at all.

That doesn't sound good you're dry around O time:wacko: Have you considered trying Preseed or Conceive Plus? They're extra good for people who get little or no CM. I get watery CM as my most fertile but have been thinking maybe it's still causing problems for DH's :spermy: so decided to try Conceive Plus as it claims to nourish the :spermy: Figured I've been trying for 1 year so I can just as well give it a go:shrug:

I'll update if it worked this time or not:flower:

That doesn't sound good you're dry around O time:wacko: Have you considered trying Preseed or Conceive Plus? They're extra good for people who get little or no CM. I get watery CM as my most fertile but have been thinking maybe it's still causing problems for DH's :spermy: so decided to try Conceive Plus as it claims to nourish the :spermy: Figured I've been trying for 1 year so I can just as well give it a go:shrug:

I'll update if it worked this time or not:flower:[/QUOTE]

I will probably try Preseed next round if this time is not happening. Yes, please let me know.

Hello! I'm 32 and DH is 35. It is definitely hard sometimes to see friends with multiple kids already and sending them off to elementary school, but I'm glad I waited. I got married in my early 20s and it didn't work out, so I'm very thankful to now be with a man who is truly my partner to raise a family with. Impossible not to hear the clock ticking, but I am mostly financially and emotionally secure at this point in my life (well, at least more than ever before!), and as ready as I can be to tackle parenting.

This is cycle 1 for us and I'm CD 9. I've been temping and seeing a drop the last few mornings, so I don't know if I'm going to O early. I just came off Natazia BCPs almost 2 months ago, so I think things are probably still a little wonky. We are so early in the game that I'm trying not to worry about anything and just start getting to know what my body is up to.

Welcome, bluebird! :flower:

How is everyone? I am currently 1dpo and hoping for the best! Our timing was great this cycle :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->