Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Fleur- I'm doing well, thank you!! Having a weird, long cycle, but other than that, life is good :flower:

Praying- I actually had a similar cycle as you, it sounds like! I had a very dark, very close to positive opk, but then it turned light the next morning and stayed light. I got a temp spike, but it was a much lower spike than normal for me. FF have me crosshairs, but that was 3 weeks ago, and still no period or bfp, so I'm pretty sure I didn't actually O.

I agree that female doctors are more understanding of the hardships of getting pregnant. All men have to do is show up and get some action, but our bodies are in charge of getting the swimmers where they need to go and then baking the bun. Not to mention the emotional side of it! Whew!

Fleur- I'm doing well, thank you!! Having a weird, long cycle, but other than that, life is good :flower:

Praying- I actually had a similar cycle as you, it sounds like! I had a very dark, very close to positive opk, but then it turned light the next morning and stayed light. I got a temp spike, but it was a much lower spike than normal for me. FF have me crosshairs, but that was 3 weeks ago, and still no period or bfp, so I'm pretty sure I didn't actually O.

Oh no!! That stinks. Something to look forward to I guess :dohh: at least we are in it together :hugs: BUT maybe you are just one of those ladies with a super duper low HCG baseline where it takes a while to build the levels up enough for a test to read it? I feel like I read about that somewhere... :shrug:

I sort of hope not, actually, I've been taking a lot of hot bubble baths and enjoying the sauna at the gym lately!

I sort of hope not, actually, I've been taking a lot of hot bubble baths and enjoying the sauna at the gym lately!

Lol... that sounds amazing! This is just me trying out my new hopeful positive "cheerful heart" :blush:

Lol... that sounds amazing! This is just me trying out my new hopeful positive "cheerful heart" :blush:

I very much appreciate it!! :hugs: It does help tremendously to keep a positive attitude. Its too easy to let the disappointments that come with TTC get you down.

Hollyness, have you been testing?

Our bodies and cycles seem to go all weird just when we decide to TTC. I must say I never expected it to be so hard and emotionally wringing.

Got a BFP 2 weeks ago but unfortunately it looks like I'll be back on the TTC wagon soon. My scan this morning showed gestational and yolk sacs but no embryo.

Hollyness, have you been testing?

Our bodies and cycles seem to go all weird just when we decide to TTC. I must say I never expected it to be so hard and emotionally wringing.

Got a BFP 2 weeks ago but unfortunately it looks like I'll be back on the TTC wagon soon. My scan this morning showed gestational and yolk sacs but no embryo.

I'm so sorry Fleur, hugs!!!! :hugs: Could it just be a little early?

so sorry Fleur :( HUGS!

So I've been testing for ovulation with strips every day, and so far no sure positives. We are still BDing hoping I just ovulated late. How reliable are the O testing strips?

And if I get a positive on the ovulation test, it sounds like from the directions that it means I WILL ovulate within 12-24 hours, not that I am currently ovulating... is that correct? So technically if I only test once a day, I could ovulate and not get a positive test because I tested more than 12 hours before, or during/after ovulation?

And just thinking positively here, if I DO get a BFP, what then? How soon can I see my OBGYN? From Fleur's post it seems like they can see some things 2 weeks past a BFP?

so sorry Fleur :( HUGS!

So I've been testing for ovulation with strips every day, and so far no sure positives. We are still BDing hoping I just ovulated late. How reliable are the O testing strips?

And if I get a positive on the ovulation test, it sounds like from the directions that it means I WILL ovulate within 12-24 hours, not that I am currently ovulating... is that correct? So technically if I only test once a day, I could ovulate and not get a positive test because I tested more than 12 hours before, or during/after ovulation?

And just thinking positively here, if I DO get a BFP, what then? How soon can I see my OBGYN? From Fleur's post it seems like they can see some things 2 weeks past a BFP?

From my vast (2 months) knowledge (and confusion) of using OPKs :winkwink: they can be a little stressful to use. :wacko:

You are correct- as I understand it, from your first positive, you can expect to ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. However, that doesn't necessarily mean you will O, just that you are having an LH surge and your body is getting ready to O. Last month I went with the CB digital (the ones that have the smiley face during your peak fertile time) and that seemed easy enough. I kept them and compared the lines to see how the line progressively got darker for when I used cheaper ones. Sure enough, the days I got the smileys, my test line was darker than the control line. I got a false positive on day 14 and when I checked the line, it was nowhere close to being positive. Not sure how often that happens. I was testing once a day, first thing in the morning... I know that isn't optimal... most folks suggest testing twice a day and waiting until a little later in the day as surges can start while you are sleeping and the LH may not show in early morning tests.

This month, I used regular CBs and I have no idea what is going on. Same game plan as last month. My OPKs got progressively darker, but never darker or as dark as the control line, and then faded back out. So no real positive this month. I am not sure if I missed it, or maybe my body was just gearing up to O and didn't. Probably the latter since my BBT is pretty wacky right now. Whatever it was, it was much different from last cycle. I expected to see two full days of a surge, but didn't.

I can't help you with the BFP question, I've never gotten one, but I plan to go to my doc's ASAP to confirm with a blood test and then call my OB/GYN for an appt.

So am CD4 today and expecting to O CD13, as usual.

DH and I originally agreed to be NTNP until we can start fertility treatment (hopefully it'll be IUI) but I've been speculating on being a bit naughty:blush: I was thinking of giving Preseed another shot since I have some left, despite the fact I didn't see results the 2 cycles I tried it. I've also been looking at Conceive Plus and if that'd be better because of the nutrients that, according to the company, keep :spermy: alive longer and nourish them so it helps motility.

I can't decide to be naughty or not and if I do, which lubricant to try :blush::dohh:

So I'm basically driving myself nuts going back and forth :haha:

Jumping in!

My husband and I are both 30, being trying for a year now. If this cycle isn't it, I'm going to look into getting some testing done.

I was so hopeful when we started, totally convinced I was pregnant first round of course. Now I don't read into symptoms much; our bodies are so complex that any given day tons of things could be effecting it. I am getting tired of waiting though, it's not as long as some I know, but since this is #1 I'd like to have enough time to fit in a #2 as well!

It's 10 DPO for me, so it's getting close.

Good luck ladies!

DH and I originally agreed to be NTNP until we can start fertility treatment (hopefully it'll be IUI) but I've been speculating on being a bit naughty:blush: I was thinking of giving Preseed another shot since I have some left, despite the fact I didn't see results the 2 cycles I tried it. I've also been looking at Conceive Plus and if that'd be better because of the nutrients that, according to the company, keep :spermy: alive longer and nourish them so it helps motility.

I can't decide to be naughty or not and if I do, which lubricant to try :blush::dohh:

We used Conceive Plus this cycle. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you within the week if it helped us or not. :winkwink: This is the first cycle we've used it.

We used Conceive Plus this cycle. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you within the week if it helped us or not. :winkwink: This is the first cycle we've used it.

Oh please do:happydance: How did you find it because I read a few reviews were people felt it got sticky and tacky after a short time:wacko: I know Preseed doesn't do that, only that I have to be careful with the dosage as otherwise DH finds it too slippery:haha:

Thanks ladies. All my symptoms have disappeared so there's no hope.

Hollyness, any updates? Hope it's a BFP for you!

Fingers crossed for you too crystlmcd.

Kat, use it, you've got nothing to lose.

bighouse, I'm not in the US or in the UK so things are different where I live, I can see my OB/Gyn whenever I want. It's not always the case but if you're sure of your ovulation date, you might see something by 2 weeks after your BFP but they do advise to wait till 7/8 weeks if possible so there's less doubt.

Oh please do:happydance: How did you find it because I read a few reviews were people felt it got sticky and tacky after a short time:wacko: I know Preseed doesn't do that, only that I have to be careful with the dosage as otherwise DH finds it too slippery:haha:

I honestly just found it on Amazon. I was ordering some OPKs and looking into Preseed and it came up as a similar item so I checked it out. Some reviews said it was really runny/messy but we haven't found that to be an issue nor have we had any problems with it getting sticky.

I honestly just found it on Amazon. I was ordering some OPKs and looking into Preseed and it came up as a similar item so I checked it out. Some reviews said it was really runny/messy but we haven't found that to be an issue nor have we had any problems with it getting sticky.

Ok thanks:) Maybe those who found it runny used too much and the ones who said it got sticky didn't use enough:shrug: Hopefully it'll arrive on time, otherwise I'll just use the Preseed I have left until it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->