Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

So sorry Fleur. Hope things get better soon. Hugs!

I'm not a huge fan of preseed. It seems like they tell you to use WAY too much, and its kinda runny. I could overlook all of that, though, if it works!!

I'm not a huge fan of preseed. It seems like they tell you to use WAY too much, and its kinda runny. I could overlook all of that, though, if it works!!

There are some that it has worked for if you believe the reviews:) I only use 0.75-1.0 g because any more than that seems to make things too slippery for DH:haha: I usually apply it in the bathroom and let any excess run out and wipe away a bit.

It's just because DH had a SA that was rated on the low side of normal and I've been wondering if my CM is killing too many off:shrug:

So sorry to hear about the news fleur :nope: I hope your body recoups quick enough so you can get your bfp sooner than later :flower:

I started using presees last cycle every time we BDed...we always have used lube prior to ttc and i found it very close to what we used in the past and I have no complaints. Im thinking of possibly using it every other time we BD from here on out and see what happens

Well... my body is officially :wacko: Positive OPK today! And no DH until Friday. And there went my crosshairs. Oh well. I knew this wasn't going to be the month, just got a little hopeful there for a minute. :haha: Holly, I guess I am joining you on this wacky cycle!

Cheers to crazy bodies! :drunk: Haha, not really, but cheers for solidarity, at least! My body has a mind of its own.

Fleur, my heart breaks for you :( Here's hoping for a quick rebound :flower:

So the pic I posted the other day was definitely an evap line. Wondfo never used to give evap lines, but they've changed their sticks since last time I bought them. From now on, just sticking to FRERs!

So am CD4 today and expecting to O CD13, as usual.

DH and I originally agreed to be NTNP until we can start fertility treatment (hopefully it'll be IUI) but I've been speculating on being a bit naughty:blush: I was thinking of giving Preseed another shot since I have some left, despite the fact I didn't see results the 2 cycles I tried it. I've also been looking at Conceive Plus and if that'd be better because of the nutrients that, according to the company, keep :spermy: alive longer and nourish them so it helps motility.

I can't decide to be naughty or not and if I do, which lubricant to try :blush::dohh:

So I'm basically driving myself nuts going back and forth :haha:

We used Conceive Plus this cycle. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you within the week if it helped us or not. :winkwink: This is the first cycle we've used it.

Oh please do:happydance: How did you find it because I read a few reviews were people felt it got sticky and tacky after a short time:wacko: I know Preseed doesn't do that, only that I have to be careful with the dosage as otherwise DH finds it too slippery:haha:

I honestly just found it on Amazon. I was ordering some OPKs and looking into Preseed and it came up as a similar item so I checked it out. Some reviews said it was really runny/messy but we haven't found that to be an issue nor have we had any problems with it getting sticky.

Ok thanks:) Maybe those who found it runny used too much and the ones who said it got sticky didn't use enough:shrug: Hopefully it'll arrive on time, otherwise I'll just use the Preseed I have left until it does.

Well, started spotting today so apparently it didn't work this cycle! Will keep using it next cycle, though. Good luck!

I was looking at pressed last time I was at the drug store. I'm pretty sure this round is a no-go, so maybe I'll join you ladies it giving it a go!

I have ever-so-slight hint of cramps, so I think AF will be here on time - sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. I'm ever so bummed.

I am 31; will be 32 at the end of December. My soon to be husband will be 30 in February. We love each other so much and really want to have a baby! Like many of you, I'm getting jittery and worried about my biological clock. We also would like to have three children, so that gives us even more incentive to start now. For the last few years, finances have been tight/difficult for us so we've waited, but in the last few months things have really fallen into place and now we're in the position to start trying.

I thought it would be so easy! Growing up in sex ed, they make it sound like anything so much as kissing will lead to an unwanted pregnancy. I was always so careful in my past relationships and in this one as well because we were too young or just weren't ready financially. Now that we've totally thrown caution to the wind and can have wild and passionate sex with abandon, there is still that nagging feeling not of "what if I get pregnant?" but rather, "what if I don't get pregnant?"

Last month was our first month TTC and it was highly enjoyable, both of us so confident it would work! My body played a cruel trick on me, though, and decided to ovulate about a week later than usual. Even so, we had at it just about every day when I had EWCM. In the days after, I had so many symptoms that I was absolutely certain it worked! Lots of odd, bubbly twinges in my womb that I'd never felt before, gassiness, I even thought I'd had implantation bleeding! My period uncharacteristically took forever to show up, and when it did it started off with about 4 days of brown gunk (sorry if TMI), finally becoming the full-blown bloody nightmare it usually is, so I am officially on CD2 now. :( It was as if Mother Nature played a cruel trick on me this month, behaving so out of wack when before it was so average and normal.

I am really hoping and praying that this time around, my "O" date comes around at it's normal time and not a week late so that the egg is fresh. I'm also planning to go off all antihistamines and want to encourage things along by drinking lots of water and taking Mucinex around the clock!

Thanks for listening to my story; I am really just venting. I really enjoy reading everyone's stories on here and wish you all the best, ladies in your 30s, as you anxiously await your BFPs. Best wishes and baby dust to each and every one of us.

Sorry to hear, treeroot :hugs:

I don't know if the body really requires as much preseed as they tell you to use, but to me it was way too much and pretty much just all ran out, lol!

Welcome, NewWaveBaby! :flower: It definitely does not seem to be as easy as we are taught in high school, that is for sure. Timing is everything, but even if you time it spot-on that is no guarantee that you caught the eggy. Welcome to the crazy, fun, frustrating, heartbreaking, and exciting thing that is TTC!

Hey NWB, I remember all the crazy "new" symptoms I was having my first TTC cycle as well. It's funny what we notice when we're paying attention!

So, so true tree. Sometimes I find myself asking did I feel or notice a symptom the previous cycle or thinking, "was it this intense last cycle??" So confusing!

Timing is everything, but even if you time it spot-on that is no guarantee that you caught the eggy.

Yeah I'm living proof of that, 1 year on and good timing but still no :bfp::nope: Yes, I've hit the 1 year mark of TTC :argh:

On the plus side, I got our Conceive Plus in the mail today:happydance: Here's hoping it helps DH's :spermy:s.

I'm CD7 today so won't be using it until CD9/10 as I doubt anything before that would survive until CD13 when I normally O anyway:thumbup:

We used PreSeed last cycle but about 1/3 of the recommended amount. I really liked how it felt as did DH.

Thanks everyone, still waiting for my body to realise it's over.

treeroot, I hope AF won't show up.

NewWaveBaby, I swear my cycles became weird JUST WHEN we decided to start TTC! I always used to have normal periods and suddenly I started having brown discharge for 2-4 days before AF properly started.

I have a tendency to spot symptoms everywhere when on the TWW, I think you just pay more attention to your body and all the signs (which could have been there even before you were TTCing!).

Kat, yay for receiving the ConceivePlus, fingers crossed for a one-year TTC BFP!

Baby dust to everyone :dust:

NewWaveBaby, I swear my cycles became weird JUST WHEN we decided to start TTC! I always used to have normal periods and suddenly I started having brown discharge for 2-4 days before AF properly started.

NewWaveBaby and Fleur- Has anyone ever been able to explain to you why the 4 days of spotting/brown discharge before your period is happening? I've had that too (funny- it also started for me when we started TTC, or maybe I just noticed it because we were :winkwink: For those cycles we had great timing, which makes me... :nope:)

My OB/GYN tried to tell me it was due to ovulation... that I was ovulating then and that is normal for some ladies. Normal? Mmmmm. Okay, no. Even I know that isn't normal since it would give me a 4 day LP. Needless to say, I am looking for a new one :wacko: I'm just curious. I have an appt to see an RE this month, so I will keep y'all posted if I find out what the cause of it is.

Timing is everything, but even if you time it spot-on that is no guarantee that you caught the eggy.

Yeah I'm living proof of that, 1 year on and good timing but still no :bfp::nope: Yes, I've hit the 1 year mark of TTC :argh:

On the plus side, I got our Conceive Plus in the mail today:happydance: Here's hoping it helps DH's :spermy:s.

I'm CD7 today so won't be using it until CD9/10 as I doubt anything before that would survive until CD13 when I normally O anyway:thumbup:

I feel ya Kat, I hit my 1 year TTC anniversary this cycle. :hugs:

I don't know what Conceive Plus is....but yeah! :happydance:

I feel ya Kat, I hit my 1 year TTC anniversary this cycle. :hugs:

I don't know what Conceive Plus is....but yeah! :happydance:

Awww treeroot:hugs: It's pretty frustrating, isn't it? I honestly never imagined it would take me so long, even mid-30s (started when I was 34½ years old):nope:

Conceive Plus is a fertility friendly lubricant that is supposed to supplement your own natural fertile fluids and aid in getting pregnant naturally (https://www.conceiveplus.com/). I'm giving it a go because it claims to maintain sperm viability, sperm motility and assisting in providing an environment that may increase the likelihood of pregnancy. DH has some sperm issues so thinking maybe it'll give them an extra boost:shrug:

I'll be trying it the next 2 cycles (including this one) since we won't be starting on any assisted conception until December (hopefully it'll be before New Years, FX'ed) as our first meeting with the clinic is November 5th and since that'll be a few days after I O, I won't be able to do the final test (HSG) until about 1½ weeks later:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->