Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Welcome, Bighouse! :flower:

Personally, I wouldn't ask my husband to give up his trip. TTC is important, but when you let it get in the way of plans you can grow to resent it, and that isn't good either. You can BD before and after and still have a good chance. I know it is hard and frustrating, especially after everything you've been through. :hugs: wasting an opportunity is always difficult, but in the grand scheme of things it won't matter. Hang in there :)

Hey Ladies - I started taking mucinex today since it's my week in my fertile window. Anyone else taken this before?

af still hadn't arrived so i did a test yesterday and got a bfp. Saw the ob/gyn today, he did a scan and couldn't detect the sac, just a thickened uterus lining (my uterus is retroverted so it can be harder to see anything). Am worried because i'm still getting some brown discharge, he said there's no need for blood tests to check my levels, but to call him if it gets worse. Have got another scan in 2 weeks, i hope everything will be fine.

Best of luck to all of you for a bfp very soon.

congratulations!!!!!

So I've been checking to see how long my cycles have been since I stopped BC on 7/19/14 and it seems that my cycle for August and September have both been a normal 26 days. I typically only have a 3-4 day period. Do I still have a possibility of conceiving even if my period are short/light each month?

So I've been checking to see how long my cycles have been since I stopped BC on 7/19/14 and it seems that my cycle for August and September have both been a normal 26 days. I typically only have a 3-4 day period. Do I still have a possibility of conceiving even if my period are short/light each month?

I would say yes! My cycles ranged from 26 to 32 days. I only got bright red / heavy flow for 2 days, then a couple of days of very light flow.

Yes, he will be gone my entire fertile window. Go figure! If AF had been on time, he would have been home for at least 2/3 of the window. Now he'll miss the entire thing. He said if the weather is bad (too cold) he might come home early, but it is doubtful. We'll still give it a try once he comes home, who knows :)

Yes, he will be gone my entire fertile window. Go figure! If AF had been on time, he would have been home for at least 2/3 of the window. Now he'll miss the entire thing. He said if the weather is bad (too cold) he might come home early, but it is doubtful. We'll still give it a try once he comes home, who knows :)

I feel ya- I already mentioned this to some other ladies in the forum, but my DH will be gone for my fertile windows until December! It is really frustrating but I can't do a thing about his work schedule. If my cycles had stayed 35 days, we would have hit at least 2 of the 4 months, but of course they decided to act up this summer. I'm getting through this cycle a little better though because I don't feel like my life is on hold to TTC, BD on the spot, and pay attention to every little thing. It is kind of free-ing in a way. I am secretly hoping that somehow I will O a week early or late... haha, stranger things have happened. But I know what you mean about waiting so long to get to this point and then... welp, more waiting. We will get through this together! :hugs: I don't want to wish bad weather on his trip, but bring on the :cold: :winkwink:

Hi juliejoy, that must be very hard. I also hope it won't be long till you get a BFP and a healthy baby.

Hope all of you are doing well.

So I should get AF today but nothing yet. It's early though (it's about 11 AM when I write this) so she can still reach to show up today. Otherwise she should show up tomorrow. If she doesn't, I'll be testing either tomorrow or the day after:flower:

But my hopes are pretty low this time. Even drank a glass of red wine last night because I'm so sure AF will show up:wine: I'm banking all my hopes on assisted conception, still waiting on my blood test result and it's been almost 2 weeks:dohh: We won't get our referral until both my results and DH's are in and his will come in 1 week later than mine since he was at our GP's 1 week after me:dohh:

Hey ladies... feeling a little down and just wanted to see how everyone is doing!

Kat- hope she stays away! :nope:

AFM, DH left this morning for two weeks. :cry: I was hoping to get one last BD session in before he left, but it was sooo early and everything was so rushed. He was also very stressed about work last night and then felt so bad this morning on top of everything else. The poor guy hasn't had a cup of regular coffee in a month trying to make sure everything is just perfect! (this is a very big deal for a man who drinks an entire pot by himself everyday :winkwink:)

And no real sign of O. My temps are still very low, CM has been watery for a week with lots of random spotting??, and OPKs are still light with no progression in 5 days. For the past few months, I've been crampy and very bloated for a few days before O, but nothing yet. Hold on little guys! :spermy:

I have been dragging my feet to make an appointment with the RE. I got a referral last week, but I know we haven't been trying very long, definitely not as long as most of y'all. I just feel like this whole process has made me crazy, though, even in my rational moments, I still do think there are some red flags. I know I need to put my pride aside and just go. Maybe it's the bad news I am afraid of. I think I'm going to finish out this cycle so they have some more stuff to look at.

Kat- How very frustrating that it is taking so long! Hope you get your result soon!

Praying- :hugs: I hope O comes for you soon! Life was so much easier before we knew the signs of fertility, wasn't it? :haha: I would go ahead and make that appointment with the RE if I were in your shoes. Some doctors refuse to give one unless you've been trying for a year, so hang on to that referral and use it!! As I mentioned before....the RE doesn't know how long you've been trying ;) I'm sorry your OH will be gone for so long. Watch some trashy tv, eat ice cream for dinner, and do whatever else you wouldn't do if he was home :lol:

Hey ladies... feeling a little down and just wanted to see how everyone is doing!

Kat- hope she stays away! :nope:

AFM, DH left this morning for two weeks. :cry: I was hoping to get one last BD session in before he left, but it was sooo early and everything was so rushed. He was also very stressed about work last night and then felt so bad this morning on top of everything else. The poor guy hasn't had a cup of regular coffee in a month trying to make sure everything is just perfect! (this is a very big deal for a man who drinks an entire pot by himself everyday :winkwink:)

And no real sign of O. My temps are still very low, CM has been watery for a week with lots of random spotting??, and OPKs are still light with no progression in 5 days. For the past few months, I've been crampy and very bloated for a few days before O, but nothing yet. Hold on little guys! :spermy:

I have been dragging my feet to make an appointment with the RE. I got a referral last week, but I know we haven't been trying very long, definitely not as long as most of y'all. I just feel like this whole process has made me crazy, though, even in my rational moments, I still do think there are some red flags. I know I need to put my pride aside and just go. Maybe it's the bad news I am afraid of. I think I'm going to finish out this cycle so they have some more stuff to look at.

Lucky you got a referral already :happydance: I'd just run with it and make that appointment. Unless you want to give it more time and see what happens. But I wouldn't wait too long as the longer you wait, the more problematic it might become to help you conceive. You could set a limit, say 6 months of active TTC before calling the RE. But totally up to you, if you have a huge suspicion something is really wrong, then give the RE a call.

Kat- How very frustrating that it is taking so long! Hope you get your result soon!

Yes, very, though he'd of sent the results by now:growlmad: I'm giving him until the end of the week and then I'm going to contact him and ask when he thinks my results will be in.

Praying- :hugs: I hope O comes for you soon! Life was so much easier before we knew the signs of fertility, wasn't it? :haha: I would go ahead and make that appointment with the RE if I were in your shoes. Some doctors refuse to give one unless you've been trying for a year, so hang on to that referral and use it!! As I mentioned before....the RE doesn't know how long you've been trying ;) I'm sorry your OH will be gone for so long. Watch some trashy tv, eat ice cream for dinner, and do whatever else you wouldn't do if he was home :lol:

I am eating ice cream for dinner as I type... :thumbup:

Holly and Kat- you are both so right. I definitely need to take care of this given the time I have until December so we can get our Christmas BFP :xmas12:

Praying, I would make the appointment too. Hopefully you'll end up not needing any help but at least you won't have to wait.

Kat, any news?

Hollyness, where are you in your cycle?

Praying, I would make the appointment too. Hopefully you'll end up not needing any help but at least you won't have to wait.

Kat, any news?

Hollyness, where are you in your cycle?

Hi Fleur :wave:

Nope no news from my GP just yet. As to AF, she hasn't shown up yet but it's still early. If still nothing early tomorrow morning, I'll test and see:winkwink: Just hoping this isn't my body teasing me again like it did during cycle #11 where AF was 5 days late:wacko:

I honestly have no clue where I am in my cycle, lol! I am having a strange, long, weird cycle. I'm on CD40 and no sign of O :( I normally O on CD17-18, but I've been having some really crazy cycles lately, not sure why.

We are actively TTC my #1 and his #4. We know that he is fertile so the pressure is on for me. I in cycle 2 now TTC and I'm scared. I was diagnosed with PCOS at an early age. I have been off the pill for a year and my cycles are sort of normal so the Dr thinks I will have no troubles at all. I'm soooo excited.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->