Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Praying- sorry to hear about your possible thyroid issues :( Did they tell you what your TSH level is?

Welcome, Crystlmcd! :flower:

Allinasmile- Sorry to hear that the :witch: got you :( I always get upset when AF arrives, especially when I'm sure we timed it right.

Sorry to hear that Allina :( Totally understand how you feel. My DH is very zen and philosophical about it, he told me it won't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things even if it takes 6 more months, but then he's not getting his hopes up every month.

I started getting brown discharge yesterday, so my AF should be here by Monday, meaning my cycle will be anything from 32 to 34 days, longer than my average 29, argh.

it will be more than a week before AF arrives...2ww over here...got my Fx!

Praying- sorry to hear about your possible thyroid issues :( Did they tell you what your TSH level is?

Allinasmile- Sorry to hear that the :witch: got you :( I always get upset when AF arrives, especially when I'm sure we timed it right.

Holly, my TSH was 2.1 in April when my doc was concerned, one of the other numbers was low and one was high (have no idea what the others mean!) He told me if we had trouble conceiving, that might be why. After three months, I wouldn't necessarily put us in that category yet, but after the four days of spotting before my period each cycle, long cycles (34-38 days), and low BBTs, I went back to my OB/GYN to find out. My TSH is now up to 3.1, but she said that was normal. I've read that it's not within ideal range for TTC (1-2 is) so I'm kind of at an impasse right now. ](*,) I would like to use the time we have now to figure this out so in Dec. we are ready to go with a legit shot at a BFP!! :bunny:

I'm bummed! AF arrived this AM so it looks like I'm out for a BFP this month.. Guess hubby and I will have to try harder this month.. anyone else upset that AF arrived :(

Allina, the first month we really tried, I could have sworn I was pregnant! When the witch came, I cried and cried. :cry: I am not a crier... poor DH did not know what to do! This month I am just in a panic. I think now that I am really paying attention to everything going on with my body, there are several indicators success may not come any time soon :nope:

Good luck cdelmar!

Praying4BB, hope you've got it all figured out by December.

CD 32 here, just waiting. Have got sore boobs and that damp feeling below that I get before AF (sorry TMI).

Holly, my TSH was 2.1 in April when my doc was concerned, one of the other numbers was low and one was high (have no idea what the others mean!) He told me if we had trouble conceiving, that might be why. After three months, I wouldn't necessarily put us in that category yet, but after the four days of spotting before my period each cycle, long cycles (34-38 days), and low BBTs, I went back to my OB/GYN to find out. My TSH is now up to 3.1, but she said that was normal. I've read that it's not within ideal range for TTC (1-2 is) so I'm kind of at an impasse right now. ](*,) I would like to use the time we have now to figure this out so in Dec. we are ready to go with a legit shot at a BFP!! :bunny:

Hmm....both those number actually fall into the normal range, but each clinic is different for what they consider normal. 1 would be considered at the low end of normal where I work, which would indicate hyperthyroidism. Basically if your thyroid is hyperactive, it is using up all of your thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), and if it is hypoactive, you have an excess of TSH because your thyroid is not utilizing it efficiently. T3 and T4 are released by the thyroid when stimulated by TSH, and each has a very important role in metabolism and hormone regulation, which is where it can interfere with TTC. Depending on which one was high and which was low, you will have different symptoms.

That is about the extent of my off the top of my head knowledge, but I can look it up at work, too :) (I work in a lab)

Hmm....both those number actually fall into the normal range, but each clinic is different for what they consider normal. 1 would be considered at the low end of normal where I work, which would indicate hyperthyroidism. Basically if your thyroid is hyperactive, it is using up all of your thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), and if it is hypoactive, you have an excess of TSH because your thyroid is not utilizing it efficiently. T3 and T4 are released by the thyroid when stimulated by TSH, and each has a very important role in metabolism and hormone regulation, which is where it can interfere with TTC. Depending on which one was high and which was low, you will have different symptoms.

That is about the extent of my off the top of my head knowledge, but I can look it up at work, too :) (I work in a lab)

Wow! Thanks Holly! I checked the paperwork on my labs from April for the other numbers and the numbers my doc was particularly concerned with were the T4, which is labeled "high" on my sheet (13.9) and the T3 uptake which is labeled "low" (21). The TSH is marked "normal" on that test. But it is concerning that it's on the rise and out of that magic 1-2 range- wherever that came from. I was going to give it another month or so to collect some more data on my cycles and see if things normalized, but I know I will just continue to stress about it. I am going to see my doc tomorrow, not sure what I want him to say! Part of me wants a referral just so I will stop worrying one way or the other and part of me wants him to say, silly girl, have some patience! :brat:

Welcome, Ms. Elizabeth! :flower:

How is everyone doing? Any new developments to report? I'm not entirely sure I O'd this cycle, I've had some really confusing temperatures and opks, but I'm going to test on Friday just to check!

7dpo, third day in a row of a flatline temp. Yesterday i had not so severe AF cramps all day but, it felt so uncomfortable I had to get up and walk around because sitting and laying down on my side is how i would feel it more :shrug: :shrug:

That could be gas pain, Cdelmar. It can be really painful when it gets trapped in one spot. Increased gas is a pregnancy symptom ;)

Nope nothing other than I'm 5 dpo:nope:

But I'm avoiding symptom spotting to keep my hopes down so I don't get upset if AF shows. I guess almost 1 year of unsuccesful TTCing will do that to you:shrug:

AF still hadn't arrived so I did a test yesterday and got a BFP. Saw the OB/GYN today, he did a scan and couldn't detect the sac, just a thickened uterus lining (my uterus is retroverted so it can be harder to see anything). Am worried because I'm still getting some brown discharge, he said there's no need for blood tests to check my levels, but to call him if it gets worse. Have got another scan in 2 weeks, I hope everything will be fine.

Best of luck to all of you for a BFP very soon.

Hubby and I are finally TTC. It has been a long road getting here (complete with DH's vasectomy reversal and a lot of medical issues on my side) but after many delays we finally reached a point we could TTC. September was going to be THE month! So excited to start trying after being married for almost 9 years. Then this week, AF came early, so now my revised Sept ovulation date falls during the time my husband will be on travel. I am so bummed! Trying to not let the stress get to me since I know that can have negative effects. We've just been looking forward to this for so long, and working so hard to get here, now my DH will be out of the country during the time we'd need to TTC. :( I know we can try again in Oct, but the longer we wait, the more difficult & complicated it becomes, and the lower our chances are (lots of factors involved). If it was you, would you want your DH cancel the trip or come home early? (it is a camping trip with his dad and other guy friends, not work related). I feel bad asking that (since I Ok'd the trip a few months ago, before AF decided to come way early and throw off our calendar).

Hubby and I are finally TTC. It has been a long road getting here (complete with DH's vasectomy reversal and a lot of medical issues on my side) but after many delays we finally reached a point we could TTC. September was going to be THE month! So excited to start trying after being married for almost 9 years. Then this week, AF came early, so now my revised Sept ovulation date falls during the time my husband will be on travel. I am so bummed! Trying to not let the stress get to me since I know that can have negative effects. We've just been looking forward to this for so long, and working so hard to get here, now my DH will be out of the country during the time we'd need to TTC. :( I know we can try again in Oct, but the longer we wait, the more difficult & complicated it becomes, and the lower our chances are (lots of factors involved). If it was you, would you want your DH cancel the trip or come home early? (it is a camping trip with his dad and other guy friends, not work related). I feel bad asking that (since I Ok'd the trip a few months ago, before AF decided to come way early and throw off our calendar).

Hi bighouse, how exciting to finally start TTcing! How long will your DH be away for? Will he miss your fertile window completely?
I probably would be tempted to ask him to come back early but that wouldn't be fair on him and his friends, especially after having given him the go-ahead. What's his opinion?
Lots of babydust to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"