Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

so hubby is on his way home tomorrow. He is leaving a few hours early, which probably won't really make ant difference with our TTC, but I think he figured it would make me happy if he left early (but to me, a couple hours difference isn't really "early"). Anyway I took an ovulation test last night and it was negative. So either I've already ovulated over the weekend (I did not test over the weekend because I was out of town visiting family), or my egg has stayed put waiting for hubby to come home! I'm hoping for the latter! Hang in there little egg, stay put for now :)

Bighouse, do you temp? You detect if you O'd if you have a temp increase.

No I'm not tracking my temps this cycle. Did it before but decided not to this month. I did however buy a kit which has 50 ovulation tests (and 20 pregnancy tests), which I feel is more accurate (and less hassle) than charting temps. It was only $17 for 70 tests so I can test every day and not feel guilty about it :)

Well looks like I'm out guys, no surprise there :nope: Got a stark white :bfn: at 16 DPO and there's red blood at my cervix so AF will be here full blown tomorrow. So she's just a few days late. Teasing me again. Had otherwise some hope because of a couple of symptoms but nope :nope:

It seems like I have no hope of conceiving naturally and any assisted conception won't start until probably November/December at the earliest since we'll first be referred in October and they'll need to test me first (hormones, HSG ect.):cry:

Sorry to be such a downer:( I just feel like we've tried so many things (SMEP, Preseed, OPKs, CBFM, BD every 2nd day + O day, BD every 2nd day including O-1 and O-2, ect) and nothing is working. I'm starting to fear something is seriously wrong with me :nope:

Hi ladies, I'm a little late in joining in but I too am 30 and am TDTC (D is for DESPERATELY!!!) since last November. I've had a D&C and hysteroscopy so I'm hoping that it'll come a little easier now! I've an appointment with my obny this weekend so will be interesting to see what the outcome of that is. This month we're going to try that every second day BDing thing, lots of people have said that has worked!

Well looks like I'm out guys, no surprise there :nope: Got a stark white :bfn: at 16 DPO and there's red blood at my cervix so AF will be here full blown tomorrow. So she's just a few days late. Teasing me again. Had otherwise some hope because of a couple of symptoms but nope :nope:

It seems like I have no hope of conceiving naturally and any assisted conception won't start until probably November/December at the earliest since we'll first be referred in October and they'll need to test me first (hormones, HSG ect.):cry:

Sorry to be such a downer:( I just feel like we've tried so many things (SMEP, Preseed, OPKs, CBFM, BD every 2nd day + O day, BD every 2nd day including O-1 and O-2, ect) and nothing is working. I'm starting to fear something is seriously wrong with me :nope:

I'm so sorry to read this. :hugs: I understand how your feeling and it's so awful. It's so difficult to remain positive but you really have to. If you start concerning yourself with why its not happening you will stress yourself and then that will have an impact, like a vicious circle. Have a little cry and shake it off, come on here and chat but don't stress.xx

I'm so sorry to read this. :hugs: I understand how your feeling and it's so awful. It's so difficult to remain positive but you really have to. If you start concerning yourself with why its not happening you will stress yourself and then that will have an impact, like a vicious circle. Have a little cry and shake it off, come on here and chat but don't stress.xx

I'm not stressing, just trying to be a bit of a realist. As you can see from the chart in this article (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-formula-predicts-womans-chance-pregnant.html), chances for pregnancy fall each month.

I'm at the 12 month mark and age 35 so my chances have fallen from 12% the first 3 months to now 6%. So my chances are halved. Of course it can happen but it's not likely. My GP told us about 3 months ago that he felt it was "highly unlikely" we'll conceive naturally. We know DH has sperm issues so that's part of the reason.

So I'm banking all my hopes on assisted conception, I'm sure our chances are much better there as the clinics we're looking into have a success rate of about e.g. 15% for IUI (don't know how many of those pregnancies are succesful, but still).

UPDATE: Our GP has sent our referral so now we can contact the clinic of our choice and make an appointment:happydance::dance:

hi Kat,

I am also 35, TTC #1 for the past 1 yr after MC in Jan 2013. We didn't TTC right away after MC and took 6 months break and now can't seem to get a BFP.

Went for some tests, Vitamin D, hormones, insulin and found Vit D is low while insulin is high but otherwise everything else is normal. Hubby's SA came back normal as well.

Going in for HSG next Wednesday. Need a buddy in this TTC journey. Losing hope day after day.

Wow my DH just drives me nuts sometimes:growlmad:

So it turns out the clinic can't see us until November 5th and recommended us to get my hormones checked for CD2 or CD3 before then. So my GP absolutely refused today, saying it was the clinic's problem and didn't seem to give a hoot that it'll slow things down:grr: He' was a bit rude about it as well, so changing GPs when I get my bfp and am 5-6 months along:nope: I called DH and asked him to call the clinic back to let them know our GP is unwilling to take and send the blood test and said it's their problem. So DH starts saying "can't we wait until next time you're about to have AF and see if they'll do it then?" So I tell him why wait, he can just as well call them and tell the secretary that he wants to follow up on yesterday's conversation and let them know our GP refuses to get the bloodwork (never mind the HSG) done for us before November 5th. So DH keeps on saying "can't we wait???" and I loose it, saying in a peed off voice that it doesn't matter, he can do what he wants and just hang up on him:trouble: Sometimes I'm so sick and tired of his procrastinating, it really annoys me sometimes. He likes to procrastinate just about everything:dohh: It also makes me feel like he doesn't care if his procrastinating means it'll take even longer for us to start IUI/IVF, as if our GP hasn't done enough damage with his arrogant "it's not my problem" attitude. I'm 35, turning 36 in May and don't have time for this :grr:

I'm sure my AF hormones are making me extra moody but I'm just so mad at DH and our unhelpful, rude GP right now:cry:

I am 31, the hubs is 30 and we are close to our next birthdays. We were waiting to get out of debt and have higher incomes before having a baby.

Welcome, nosurprise, zen, and alchemy! :flower:

Kat- :hugs: That sounds very frustrating. I would just call myself if it were me...but I may be a bit of a control freak in that regard :haha:

Welcome, nosurprise, zen, and alchemy! :flower:

Kat- :hugs: That sounds very frustrating. I would just call myself if it were me...but I may be a bit of a control freak in that regard :haha:

I just wanted to avoid confusion so they understood it's about us and not another couple. Well things had a happy ending because he called them (last minute) and they were very confused as to why our GP didn't want to help us getting my hormones checked:shrug: So the secretary gave me a referral to a nearbye laboratory and I can just go whenever as long as it's CD2 or CD3. Since I'll be CD3 tomorrow, I figure I can just as well get to the lab and get it over with so they definitely have those results by November 5th.

But what's up with my GP:nope: I'm sooo getting a new GP after this because we've been unhappy with him for a long time, this was just the last straw :grr:

I'm glad things worked out! That is definitely a shame that your gp seems unwilling to help. Its not like he has to do anything except put lab orders in the computer, and HIS office would get paid by the insurance company. He's just giving business away by telling you to get it done with the RE.

Aww...sorry to hear abt that. Sucks if things kept on getting delayed. Hope u get an earlier appointment soon. Sometimes the men really need to understand our urgency. This includes the GPs.

I'm glad you were able to figure something out so you don't have to delay until next year.... that would have definitely sucked!!!

Thanks everyone:hugs:

Yeah I don't get my GP, but I guess he feels he did the tests he was willing to do and gave us our referral so anything else that needs to be done after that referral is the clinic's problem. I don't think he'd of cared if he delayed things. He seems like an arrogant, selfish type. I don't like him and really hated it when he was willing to take a pap smear test on me:nope: He didn't give me anything to cover myself so I was even more exposed:growlmad: He may very well be a good GP but he's horrible in interactions with his patients if he's treating them all the way he treats me. He's nicer to my DH though so maybe he just doesn't like women:shrug: Either way, he's gone as soon as we can arrange for another GP.

As to the appointment, I doubt we'll get one earlier:nope: Sounds like they're pretty booked with those 1st meetings but it sounds like that after that appointment, things will go quicker so treatment won't be delayed. They'll start as soon as all the results are in. The only thing we'll be missing is the HSG but I'm hoping they can get me an appointment relatively quickly after that 1st meeting. It sounded like to us that the blood tests was more something we needed to get done before as I guess it takes 2 weeks at least before the results are in. Which is why I'm dropping by the lab today.

bighouse, hope you ovulated late!

Welcome nosurprise, zen108 and alchemy :)

How are you doing Hollyness?

Kat, glad you were able to sort it out. Definitely change GPs as soon as you can, you need someone who's supportive. Hope things will move quickly now.

bighouse, hope you ovulated late!

Welcome nosurprise, zen108 and alchemy :)

How are you doing Hollyness?

Kat, glad you were able to sort it out. Definitely change GPs as soon as you can, you need someone who's supportive. Hope things will move quickly now.

Thanks Fleur:) Yeah I think I'll wait a few months and then we'll request a new GP because this guy is horrible:nope: A pity because his wife is really nice, don't get what she's doing with him but maybe he's different with her:shrug:

I really hope we can reach our first IUI (hopefully it'll be IUI and not IVF because that will cost us money where IUIs are free if you have a referral) before New Years. It all depends on how quickly I can now get a HSG done I guess. Too bad they don't send people to get that done before the meeting as it'd save a bit more time.

And of course I'm hoping the first try is successful:winkwink:

Hope things are going ok with everyone:flower:

Good morning team!

Welcome to the new ladies!

Kat- sometimes I think men doctors don't always "get it." For example, my doc's "bedside manner" definitely could use some work... when he first told me my thyroid numbers were off, he just casually threw it in while reading my lab results off- oh, and if you have trouble getting pregnant, that's probably why. So casual, like it wasn't a big deal, eh, so you might not be able to have a baby, next. My mother (who doesn't know we are TTC) suggested I find a lady doctor because they seem to care a little more about these things, which is why I looked for a lady OB/GYN. (But unfortunately, I think I found one who was a one and done type for both her pregnancies and she told me at pre-conception counseling that getting pregnant is easy! :haha: Ugh. I can't win.) You aren't alone, we are definitely all here for you through the frustration! Glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you now :thumbup:

AFM: I was really going to see the RE this week. Promise I was. But then FF told me I may have actually O'd a whole week early, making our timing good for this cycle. I thought we wouldn't have a chance this month with DH gone, but if FF is right, we could not have had better timing. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much though... I never got a positive OPK (a progression, but no sure positives), never saw any EWCM, didn't have the uncomfortable build-up to O, O pain, or any post-O boob soreness like I got last month. I am so hesitant to trust the temping. And even with the jump, my temps are just so low- for this whole cycle... what's up with that!? :nope: I am trying to be hopeful, maybe the fact my cycle is not following the same pattern is a good thing! I will give it a few more days, keep doing OPKs and watching my temps, then go to the RE when AF shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->