Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Hahah yes I was over on WTT. We were planning on waiting until my daughter was around a year...but then the baby fever hit me lol. I've wanted my kids close in age as well...so if we conceive this cycle they will be around 1 1/2 apart which I think is a good gap. Hopefully it's not TOO hard to handle (but we will see!)

How old is your LO?

Right now we are just going to have fun trying lol. I bought some OPK's just to use so I know when my fertile days are...but I'm not charting or temping or anything like that. I hope conceiving #2 isn't going to be hard for us...but I'be heard of women who got pregnant supper easy the first time and then have a difficult time the second time around. Hopefully thats not the case!

Are you guys doing anything special?

Yep, we did the exact same thing!! We were waiting until my DD's birthday (my request) and that has been bumped up (my husbands request) and now I've got all sorts of impatience again. My daughter will be 2 soon, I thought I wanted as close to three years as possible between them but now I'm starting to change my mind based on the stage my daughter is currently at now. I think close in age will be worth it once you get through the little bit of difficulty adjusting at first!! I had lots of people tell me to start trying really soon after my first but it's taken me this long to convince myself I'm ready, even then I'm not always 100% sure :haha:

I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you! I'm sure it will be easy, especially if you don't stress and just enjoy the process! I have been temping and started OPKs a couple of days ago. Pretty sure O is right around the corner for me! Unfortunately, my husband told me the other day he thinks he needs to "take a break for a while" because of a recent surgery it has been a little hard on him. I'm thinking I'm going to try my hardest to get just ONE more time in, but who knows :shrug:

Besides that I've also been doing some things, probably ridiculous and will surely jinx me for even trying, to try a minor gender sway :dohh:

So your cycle just started, right? When will you be testing for this round?

I won't be testing for 8 days, so next Friday or Saturday I may test.. Although I have a TON of tests.. Bought 70 IC's for last cycle and think I only used 10 or so.,. So I've got quite a few!!! I also have 2 frers I'm saving for special occasions!!! I WILLNOT use them this month unless I have very noticeable lines and my husband can see it on my IC.. I told myself there was a line last month and wasted several frers and lots of $$$$.. So I'm not doing that this month!!! And honestly I don't even want to test.. the thought of seeing bfn makes me want to burn all my tests :haha:... Last two months with tons of symptoms and bfn's took it's toll I suppose !! So I'm going to test *maybe* in 8-9 days but maybe not!!! I look forward to seeing everyone else's tests!!!

Hahah yes I was over on WTT. We were planning on waiting until my daughter was around a year...but then the baby fever hit me lol. I've wanted my kids close in age as well...so if we conceive this cycle they will be around 1 1/2 apart which I think is a good gap. Hopefully it's not TOO hard to handle (but we will see!)

How old is your LO?

Right now we are just going to have fun trying lol. I bought some OPK's just to use so I know when my fertile days are...but I'm not charting or temping or anything like that. I hope conceiving #2 isn't going to be hard for us...but I'be heard of women who got pregnant supper easy the first time and then have a difficult time the second time around. Hopefully thats not the case!

Are you guys doing anything special?

Yep, we did the exact same thing!! We were waiting until my DD's birthday (my request) and that has been bumped up (my husbands request) and now I've got all sorts of impatience again. My daughter will be 2 soon, I thought I wanted as close to three years as possible between them but now I'm starting to change my mind based on the stage my daughter is currently at now. I think close in age will be worth it once you get through the little bit of difficulty adjusting at first!! I had lots of people tell me to start trying really soon after my first but it's taken me this long to convince myself I'm ready, even then I'm not always 100% sure :haha:

I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you! I'm sure it will be easy, especially if you don't stress and just enjoy the process! I have been temping and started OPKs a couple of days ago. Pretty sure O is right around the corner for me! Unfortunately, my husband told me the other day he thinks he needs to "take a break for a while" because of a recent surgery it has been a little hard on him. I'm thinking I'm going to try my hardest to get just ONE more time in, but who knows :shrug:

Besides that I've also been doing some things, probably ridiculous and will surely jinx me for even trying, to try a minor gender sway :dohh:

So your cycle just started, right? When will you be testing for this round?

I am nervous about the age gap being close...and nervous about how difficult the pregnancy will be while also taking care of a little one. I kept going back and forth deciding too lol. But I got a positive on a test last week and I'm pretty sure it was a chemical. But my husband got really excited and brought up trying sooner. So here we are lol

Hopefully you and your hubby can :sex: and get your BFP!

Omg I've been thinking about doing a gender sway haha. I want a boy but I'm not sure how to go about it. I need to read up on it more! What are you hoping for this time?

I am coming to the end of my period. I'm pretty sure the last day is today....I'm new to OPKs so I'm just assuming you start testing the day after your period? I'm not too sure.

I won't be testing for 8 days, so next Friday or Saturday I may test.. Although I have a TON of tests.. Bought 70 IC's for last cycle and think I only used 10 or so.,. So I've got quite a few!!! I also have 2 frers I'm saving for special occasions!!! I WILLNOT use them this month unless I have very noticeable lines and my husband can see it on my IC.. I told myself there was a line last month and wasted several frers and lots of $$$$.. So I'm not doing that this month!!! And honestly I don't even want to test.. the thought of seeing bfn makes me want to burn all my tests :haha:... Last two months with tons of symptoms and bfn's took it's toll I suppose !! So I'm going to test *maybe* in 8-9 days but maybe not!!! I look forward to seeing everyone else's tests!!!

I did the same thing last week! I had a light positive on one test and kept buying tests to see if it was getting any darker. So I ended up buying the Wondfos for this month to test on haha.

Aw don't be too stressed about it! I'm looking forward to seeing your tests though!

Anybody hoping for twins ?! Or am I the only one?? Dh said he wants me to get my tubes tied with my next c-section but that really makes me sad to think about.. I kinda do kinda don't want twins lol, but I certainly want another girl.. boys terrify me (I came from a family of 5 girls, I was the middle) so I'd love to have tons of girls!!! We have one and she's amazing !!! I'd be thrilled with a boy too, as long as we end up with a healthy baby, that's all that matters !!!

Anybody hoping for twins ?! Or am I the only one?? Dh said he wants me to get my tubes tied with my next c-section but that really makes me sad to think about.. I kinda do kinda don't want twins lol, but I certainly want another girl.. boys terrify me (I came from a family of 5 girls, I was the middle) so I'd love to have tons of girls!!! We have one and she's amazing !!! I'd be thrilled with a boy too, as long as we end up with a healthy baby, that's all that matters !!!

Oh gosh no! Haha. I'm nervous about going from 1 to 2 kids...I couldn't imagine going from 1 to 3!

I want a boy for our second baby. I want to be able to go shopping all over again for all boy stuff this time lol

I actually wouldn't mind. I had Hypermesis the entire pregnancy with DD and the thought of going through it all again is daunting. I may as well get two for the price of 1

I am nervous about the age gap being close...and nervous about how difficult the pregnancy will be while also taking care of a little one. I kept going back and forth deciding too lol. But I got a positive on a test last week and I'm pretty sure it was a chemical. But my husband got really excited and brought up trying sooner. So here we are lol

Omg I've been thinking about doing a gender sway haha. I want a boy but I'm not sure how to go about it. I need to read up on it more! What are you hoping for this time?

I am coming to the end of my period. I'm pretty sure the last day is today....I'm new to OPKs so I'm just assuming you start testing the day after your period? I'm not too sure.

I worry about the difficulty of a second pregnancy too! My first pregnancy was so incredibly easy! I think part of that was because I made it, I had some issues but not many, but I also had zero morning sickness! I worry so much that a second would be completely different since I had it so easy the first time and that will be so hard with a LO already. If I was going to have sickness I would have preferred it with the first pregnancy since I didn't have a toddler to take care of lol. I just have this bad feeling I will have morning sickness this time, idk why.

I'm doing somewhat of a "sway" for another girl, so I don't know too terribly much besides what I've picked up on through reading about girl sways, the what-not-to-do's. But I do know if you're hoping to conceive a boy you can up your chances by tracking O and DTD just the once on O days (boy sperm supposedly swim faster but are not as strong so they get the best chance if they can make it there first and not have the girls to fight off). Also eat cereal for breakfast every morning. Increase potassium in your diet and lots of sodium! Lots of bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, etc. Taking a prenatal I think is supposed to help too? Also, I guess it helps if you have the big O when DTD. I'm jealous typing this because for the girl sway you are not supposed to have the big O and very low sodium intake, boo and boo! :nope:

As far as OPKs go I would just start testing around CD8-10, unless you think you O super early. I started on CD9 and I just got a positive (I think at least) on CD15, which is actually early for me. DH agreed (or kind of got tricked :haha:, into one last DTD last night) and now he's all for it again but I think I'm going to have to turn him down because of the most likely positive test :dohh: This will be easier said than done I'm sure!

Now that I'm pretty sure I'm really close to being in the TWW, which totally sucks, I'm going to be really impatient for you to O and join me! :happydance:

I used to always sell heck no to any kind of multiples! But for some reason this cycle (I must be all high on hormones or something) I thought it would be kind of exciting. I have no idea why and I'm sure if it somehow happened I would just pee my pants from being so terrified. I'm pretty sure this would also be my last pregnancy as well so sometimes that makes you think about how sad that is, in a way at least because in a way it's also a nice thought, idk. I have friends who are having twins and I'm thrilled! I would be so scared going from 1 to 3 though! I also want another girl so badly, and I also came from a family of five girls! :thumbup: I'm just so weird about "jinxing" things that I feel like trying to sway the odds in my favor are going to back-fire. But, like you said, a healthy baby is all that matters!

Are you trying anything for a little pink bundle specifically?

I used to always sell heck no to any kind of multiples! But for some reason this cycle (I must be all high on hormones or something) I thought it would be kind of exciting. I have no idea why and I'm sure if it somehow happened I would just pee my pants from being so terrified. I'm pretty sure this would also be my last pregnancy as well so sometimes that makes you think about how sad that is, in a way at least because in a way it's also a nice thought, idk. I have friends who are having twins and I'm thrilled! I would be so scared going from 1 to 3 though! I also want another girl so badly, and I also came from a family of five girls! :thumbup: I'm just so weird about "jinxing" things that I feel like trying to sway the odds in my favor are going to back-fire. But, like you said, a healthy baby is all that matters!

Are you trying anything for a little pink bundle specifically?

No I'm not trying anything specifically for a girl, dh really wants a boy so bad, so I'm just letting whatever is supposed to happen, happen!!! my dh talks all the time of having a little boy so that would be so sweet to be able to give him that!!! Really b/g twins would be perfect ;) :haha:

I HAVE A QUESTION! Lol

When you guys talk about CD 9 or 10 is that counting from the start of your period?
So if AF started May 9...today I would be CD 7? Is that right?

I took an OPK just to see when I should start regularly testing...def a negative today though lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 4

I worry about the difficulty of a second pregnancy too! My first pregnancy was so incredibly easy! I think part of that was because I made it, I had some issues but not many, but I also had zero morning sickness! I worry so much that a second would be completely different since I had it so easy the first time and that will be so hard with a LO already. If I was going to have sickness I would have preferred it with the first pregnancy since I didn't have a toddler to take care of lol. I just have this bad feeling I will have morning sickness this time, idk why.

I'm doing somewhat of a "sway" for another girl, so I don't know too terribly much besides what I've picked up on through reading about girl sways, the what-not-to-do's. But I do know if you're hoping to conceive a boy you can up your chances by tracking O and DTD just the once on O days (boy sperm supposedly swim faster but are not as strong so they get the best chance if they can make it there first and not have the girls to fight off). Also eat cereal for breakfast every morning. Increase potassium in your diet and lots of sodium! Lots of bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, etc. Taking a prenatal I think is supposed to help too? Also, I guess it helps if you have the big O when DTD. I'm jealous typing this because for the girl sway you are not supposed to have the big O and very low sodium intake, boo and boo! :nope:

As far as OPKs go I would just start testing around CD8-10, unless you think you O super early. I started on CD9 and I just got a positive (I think at least) on CD15, which is actually early for me. DH agreed (or kind of got tricked :haha:, into one last DTD last night) and now he's all for it again but I think I'm going to have to turn him down because of the most likely positive test :dohh: This will be easier said than done I'm sure!

Now that I'm pretty sure I'm really close to being in the TWW, which totally sucks, I'm going to be really impatient for you to O and join me! :happydance:

That's my fear too! My 1st pregnancy was super easy as well...I felt awful first trimester lol but I'm nervous it will be worse this time! I still want to feel well enough to take care of my daughter!

Okay so for the boy sway just DTD only on your Ovulation days? What if you only ovatw one day? Hahah I'm so new to all of this! You can't O if you're trying for a girl?! That's no fun! :nope:

Haha good luck turning him down. Especially when you're TTC I'm sure it's hard to pass up the opportunity :sex:

I know I'm excited to be sharing this with you!! It seems like we have a ton in common! I' started trying today just to see, but I got a negative (posted pic above!) so I'll keep testing and see!

That's my fear too! My 1st pregnancy was super easy as well...I felt awful first trimester lol but I'm nervous it will be worse this time! I still want to feel well enough to take care of my daughter!

Okay so for the boy sway just DTD only on your Ovulation days? What if you only ovatw one day? Hahah I'm so new to all of this! You can't O if you're trying for a girl?! That's no fun! :nope:

Haha good luck turning him down. Especially when you're TTC I'm sure it's hard to pass up the opportunity :sex:

I know I'm excited to be sharing this with you!! It seems like we have a ton in common! I' started trying today just to see, but I got a negative (posted pic above!) so I'll keep testing and see!

So to your question above, yes CD1 starts the day AF does! You said you're already CD9 then, right? If so you could be closer than I figured! Looking back at my test I'm not sure it was positive just yet, but I assume it will be close because it was a lot darker than my others!

I did stumble upon something that has totally killed my fun TTC vibe, and now I'm just really really worried something is wrong. I've had this bad feeling about my health the last few months anyways and I've just given myself many more reasons to worry. I think I will definitely be needing to make a doctor's appt first thing on Monday, ugh. The wait is going to kill me.

Anyways, putting my debbie downer attitude aside :thumb up:
You will only have one day that you ovulate. When you get a positive OPK I believe they say it means ovulation is 12-72 hours away. So if you are swaying for a boy I'm pretty sure you are supposed to hold off on DTD completely until you get your positive then go for it!

I know they also say when testing it's best to do it in the afternoon, I've been testing at about two, and to try to do it the same time every day.

It definitely does sound like we have quite a bit in common already! I'm glad to have someone to talk to to keep my mind off all of my obsessing already! :)

So how many kids do you guys want?

So to your question above, yes CD1 starts the day AF does! You said you're already CD9 then, right? If so you could be closer than I figured! Looking back at my test I'm not sure it was positive just yet, but I assume it will be close because it was a lot darker than my others!

I did stumble upon something that has totally killed my fun TTC vibe, and now I'm just really really worried something is wrong. I've had this bad feeling about my health the last few months anyways and I've just given myself many more reasons to worry. I think I will definitely be needing to make a doctor's appt first thing on Monday, ugh. The wait is going to kill me.

Anyways, putting my debbie downer attitude aside :thumb up:
You will only have one day that you ovulate. When you get a positive OPK I believe they say it means ovulation is 12-72 hours away. So if you are swaying for a boy I'm pretty sure you are supposed to hold off on DTD completely until you get your positive then go for it!

I know they also say when testing it's best to do it in the afternoon, I've been testing at about two, and to try to do it the same time every day.

It definitely does sound like we have quite a bit in common already! I'm glad to have someone to talk to to keep my mind off all of my obsessing already! :)

So how many kids do you guys want?

Yes I am CD 9! Thanks for clearing that up...that helps a lot. I'm still trying to figure everything out haha.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope it's nothing! Try not to stress about it though until you know for sure. Keep me updated xo

Oh jeez, I didn't know you had to completely hold off from DTD! I don't think my hubby would okay with that LOL! I mean I would like a boy this time because it'll be fun to go shopping for all boy stuff this time...but I'm happy with a healthy baby!

I'm here anytime you want to talk! It keeps me busy during the day :thumb up:
Well I would like 3-4..but my husband is still kind of iffy on that many haha. He said MAYBE 3...but I'm sure I will be able to convince him ;)

How many do you guys want?

I created a TTC journal if anyone wants to follow on there as well! :flower:

My journal!

Yes I am CD 9! Thanks for clearing that up...that helps a lot. I'm still trying to figure everything out haha.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope it's nothing! Try not to stress about it though until you know for sure. Keep me updated xo

Oh jeez, I didn't know you had to completely hold off from DTD! I don't think my hubby would okay with that LOL! I mean I would like a boy this time because it'll be fun to go shopping for all boy stuff this time...but I'm happy with a healthy baby!

Well I would like 3-4..but my husband is still kind of iffy on that many haha. He said MAYBE 3...but I'm sure I will be able to convince him ;)

Awesome that you are already CD9, you are only like 5 days behind me! It takes a while to get the hang of everything but like I said I was doing all of this for 9 months with my first so if you have any more questions let me know!

Maybe since you can't hold him off you can just try adding the things you're supposed to into your diet? I've been reading and apparently they used to think gender was all about timing now they think it has more to do with diet! Or you could try and convince him to use condoms until the day of your positive?! I know my husband would most likely not agree to that haha but it's worth a shot! In the end I really don't think it matters much though, you're going to get the baby you're supposed to! Speaking of holding off I managed to last night, one down, 3 to go! I'll see how well I can do :shrug:

We are pretty set on two at the moment, but for some reason now that I'm back into the "try for a baby" mode that makes me a little sad. Before we started trying I was pretty against the idea though. For some reason I just didn't want to have to deliver another baby mostly :haha: selfish, right?! But I'm quickly getting over that. Hopefully if we have one more I will be able to keep my mind set on that being the last, it would just be good for a few reasons for us. That's one reason why I really want another girl, we already have so much for my daughter and I would hate to have to sell everything and start all over for just one more kid. It's not so bad buying all new clothes and stuff if there is the possibility you can get more than one use out of it, you know? Also, my daughter is ADAMENT she wants a "baby ti-ter" (sister) and it is adorable and I just want to give her her one greatest request [-o< but we will see! We are still pretty young too so we might change our mind on the number, I just kind of doubt it.

You know, have you realized if it were to happen this month it would be the perfect time to announce a pregnancy on Father's Day to DH! So much fun! But would probably require keeping it a secret for a while which would totally stink! Have you started thinking of announcements or anything already, or am I the only crazy one?! :blush:

Btw here is my OPK progression picture, clear through last night. Took one just a bit ago and back to being almost stark white! So I've either O'vd or will be soon! Can't wait for yours to turn! Also, I will check out your journal :thumbup:

Attachments

• 11253644_983533901670784_6793217396590256632_o.jpg
    11253644_983533901670784_6793217396590256632_o.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 7

Awesome that you are already CD9, you are only like 5 days behind me! It takes a while to get the hang of everything but like I said I was doing all of this for 9 months with my first so if you have any more questions let me know!

Maybe since you can't hold him off you can just try adding the things you're supposed to into your diet? I've been reading and apparently they used to think gender was all about timing now they think it has more to do with diet! Or you could try and convince him to use condoms until the day of your positive?! I know my husband would most likely not agree to that haha but it's worth a shot! In the end I really don't think it matters much though, you're going to get the baby you're supposed to! Speaking of holding off I managed to last night, one down, 3 to go! I'll see how well I can do :shrug:

We are pretty set on two at the moment, but for some reason now that I'm back into the "try for a baby" mode that makes me a little sad. Before we started trying I was pretty against the idea though. For some reason I just didn't want to have to deliver another baby mostly :haha: selfish, right?! But I'm quickly getting over that. Hopefully if we have one more I will be able to keep my mind set on that being the last, it would just be good for a few reasons for us. That's one reason why I really want another girl, we already have so much for my daughter and I would hate to have to sell everything and start all over for just one more kid. It's not so bad buying all new clothes and stuff if there is the possibility you can get more than one use out of it, you know? Also, my daughter is ADAMENT she wants a "baby ti-ter" (sister) and it is adorable and I just want to give her her one greatest request [-o< but we will see! We are still pretty young too so we might change our mind on the number, I just kind of doubt it.

You know, have you realized if it were to happen this month it would be the perfect time to announce a pregnancy on Father's Day to DH! So much fun! But would probably require keeping it a secret for a while which would totally stink! Have you started thinking of announcements or anything already, or am I the only crazy one?! :blush:

Okay so I recounted..today I am CD 8. So still not THAT far behind you! I'm still getting the hang of this lol.
Thank you! I will definitely let you know if I need help with anything else :thumb up:

Oh my gosh he HATES condoms. Not using them is how I got pregnant with our daughter haha. I think we will just DTD whenever we both are in the mood for it and go from there. I'll look up what you're supposed to be eating to sway for a boy...I might try it and see if it does anything! It's worth a shot :D
is your hubby okay with holding off that long!?

A lot of things can change in a few years, you never know you both might decide you want 3. :baby: I know what you mean though about being selfish. I has a section with my daughter...and even though I honestly didn't mind it I know the recovery gets harder when you have more kids at home to take care of lol. So we'll see if I still want 3 or 4 after this next one :haha:

I didn't even think about fathers day, but that would be a super cute idea! My MIL is coming out around June 13 and if I ended up getting pregnant we WERE thinking of telling her around the time she's here...but we're still deciding on that. Plus since we are actually TTC this one, I'm sure my hubby would want to know exactly when I plan on taking a test haha.

Btw here is my OPK progression picture, clear through last night. Took one just a bit ago and back to being almost stark white! So I've either O'vd or will be soon! Can't wait for yours to turn! Also, I will check out your journal :thumbup:

Love your progression!!

I took another test today (well, two actually :blush:) One the target brand, and the other A FRER. The target brand test seems to be a tiny bit darker? Or maybe I am just seeing things.

so i'm not exactly sure which test to go off of..

Attachments

• opk2.jpg
    opk2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann