• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

too early JOker! :) Hope you get a bfp soon!! Just out of interest how do you manage to chart when BFing? I get woken up by my monkey and then he's straight on the boob!

I'm out this month girls :/ AF just turned up. No cramps or signs she was going to show, my milk supply didn't even drop like normal. I feel sick and need chocolate!

:( I'm sorry Iow_Bird

OPK today was lighter :/ just hoping eggy hangs in there til DH gets home tomorrow night!!

Has anyone ever experimented with using BM on HPTs? I just read another thread where a girl is getting BFPs with BM and BFN with FMU, and I'm wondering how legit it is? I mean, you wouldn't test positive without the HCG right?

I've seen heaps of thread where people test positive with BM, and negative with urine, and AF gets them. Not sure what it is, but I've seen more people get false positives with BM than actually get true positives, so it's not worth wasting a test on in my opinion!

AF has now stopped :( I'm being an idiot and hoping maybe implantation, but in reality it isn't, it's just me clutching at straws. I'm sure she'll hit properly later on. I just have no AF symptoms at all, only really mild cramps, like crazy mild, and non of the other normal ones. :( I feel blue! Hubby has just gone chocolate shopping with my 2 year old, and my little one is asleep. SO five mins peace and quiet for me :)

iow_bird, it's killing me waiting to know so must be driving u to distraction! fx for u x

AF showed up last night before bed.

This month we're going to try DTD every other day, now that my LP has lengthened to 12 days. Hoping!

:hugs: ladies! Here's hoping for next cycle!

I'm cd 13 today, ovulating within the next 2-3 days :yipee:
Seems like I've been waiting forever

I'm cd 9 so ovulating in 3-5 days depending on what my cycle does this month! so bd every day to cover all bases! :haha:

too early JOker! :) Hope you get a bfp soon!! Just out of interest how do you manage to chart when BFing? I get woken up by my monkey and then he's straight on the boob!

I'm sorry about AF arriving :(

As for charting... well I felt like I needed to because i wanted to make sure I was ovulating while breastfeeding! So i started by setting my alarm for 4am my first few months of charting. My son is pretty much guarenteed to make it to at least 4:30 or 5:00. So I sleepily took my temp and went back to sleep til he woke for the day. It would be more tricky for you since your little one is so young. Mine is 19 months almost, so he sleeps more.

Now, I actually am bad and I take my temp at all different times. Anytime between 3am-5am depending on when I happen to peek at the clock. I find that even though my temps might be a bit irratic (due to the time changes), I can still see a major temp jump and an overall change in the average temps to help me pinpoint O.

Sorry for the dreaded witch arriving ladies.

Not much to report here. No AF yet at 10 dpo, which hopefully means my LP is lengthening. No chance of BFP this month as we didnt DTD, but hopefully the longer LP gives a better chance

At least we all seem to be having a better LP now :) mine is at least 10 days which is awesome! Hehe, as long as I'm ovulating!! Anyway, Af hit with a vengence last night, weirdest AF I've ever had, but it's definately here.
Hubby and I had a chat after being so late did my mental health no good whatsoever. I'm going to try and forget about it all until after Xmas, BD twice a week unless I see ewcm or wet cm then we'll do it every other day until it's gone. Other than that I'm just going to assume I'm not ovulating, not going to get pregnant etc. If I'm not preggy by xmas I'll pop to the Drs to get the blood test to see if I'm ovulating :)
Sorry AF got you too Kalyrra, we must be on very similar cycles! Hugs xxx

Love you you all and good luck to you ladies about to O or in the 2ww xxx

At least we all seem to be having a better LP now :) mine is at least 10 days which is awesome! Hehe, as long as I'm ovulating!! Anyway, Af hit with a vengence last night, weirdest AF I've ever had, but it's definately here.
Hubby and I had a chat after being so late did my mental health no good whatsoever. I'm going to try and forget about it all until after Xmas, BD twice a week unless I see ewcm or wet cm then we'll do it every other day until it's gone. Other than that I'm just going to assume I'm not ovulating, not going to get pregnant etc. If I'm not preggy by xmas I'll pop to the Drs to get the blood test to see if I'm ovulating :)
Sorry AF got you too Kalyrra, we must be on very similar cycles! Hugs xxx

Love you you all and good luck to you ladies about to O or in the 2ww xxx

sorry the witch got u Hun.

I'm only going on how I manage things so please dont be offended by this but I'm not sure I could do this. as relaxed as I try to be when I say it's ok it's taking a while to conceive number 2, I know I get more and more obsessive each cycle.

so my point being that if this is def the right way for u the brill, but if not, suppressing the ttc urge is too hard and being true to what u need to do, be it pee on sticks obsessively like me or manage to forget it all in ur tww, make sure it's right for u and doesn't cause u more stress xxx

So sorry Iow bird :/

My OPK never got any darker than it was on Wednesday. Thought I O'd on thursday, BD twice on Friday when DH got home, but tonight I started spotting (CD 18, out of a usual 31) We didn't BD at ALL last week bc DH was out of town so there's no way its implantation. Just feeling annoyed atm:coffee:

urgh my body is driving me crazy!

so before dd was born I had 26 day cycle, o'd on day 16.... like clockwork.

I didn't pay much attention to my af or o'ing before ttc, but since monitoring it I found o has moved to cd 13/14.

after feeling a little bit of heart burn on fri cd9 I thought poss start of o'ing but the thought too soon!

anyway, opk for sat (when I started) was medium, and has only got lighter. plus had o pain and ewcm yesterday (cd12). we bd every day last week so I know we did as much as we could but seriously cd12!!!

my research tells me that it's still in the realms of normal, but I now have a short Fp and LP.

I know u should never google stuff but my research keeps saying 'aging reproductive system' :-( I'm 33.

So I'm off to sign up to an obgyn, should have done this months ago when I first moved but better late then never! and hope they can reassure me!

my research tells me that it's still in the realms of normal, but I now have a short Fp and LP.

I know u should never google stuff but my research keeps saying 'aging reproductive system' :-( I'm 33.

So I'm off to sign up to an obgyn, should have done this months ago when I first moved but better late then never! and hope they can reassure me!

At 33, I highly doubt it's an "aging reproductive system"... I'm guessing they mean peri-menopause by that? lol My mom is going through that right now, and her cycles are getting shorter and shorter. I think she as AF every 20 some odd days now.

It's more likely just your cycle being out of whack from breastfeeding. I've had a 16, 20, and 36 day cycle since June!

Hope your OB/GYN has good things to say!

I think AF is starting to wrap up for me... thank God! It was a very hard one, and I was soooo crabby. My poor hubby... I was in full :witch: mode, and our LO is starting to teethe, I think. :wacko:

My brain was gone all weekend. I've never been so air headed in my life! I play piano for my church, so I have to dress nice since I'm up on the stage. I wanted to wear a jean skirt since AF was here, but I wore a white one so I would look nice. I played for the service, then stepped out to use the bathroom and just make sure I wasn't going to end up with an embarrassing red spot on my skirt... I'm SOOO glad I checked! I had totally forgotten to put another tampon in before I left home. I'm glad I had a thick panty liner on! :dohh:

For those of you who have had babies teethe - I've heard you can rotate between Tylenol and Motrin for them? Is this a good idea? I also heard from the dentist NOT to use Orajel. She said that after it wears off, it actually makes their gums hurt worse!
He's been chewing on stuff, but doesn't really want anything cold. I've been giving him Motrin and it seems to make him feel better, but I don't want to give him drugs the entire time, seems like that would be too hard on his tummy.

For those of you who have had babies teethe - I've heard you can rotate between Tylenol and Motrin for them? Is this a good idea? I also heard from the dentist NOT to use Orajel. She said that after it wears off, it actually makes their gums hurt worse!
He's been chewing on stuff, but doesn't really want anything cold. I've been giving him Motrin and it seems to make him feel better, but I don't want to give him drugs the entire time, seems like that would be too hard on his tummy.

u can rotate painkillers but I would say only do that if its really bad as teething can last for weeks. if lo isn't sleeping well then try it but if not stick to one or nothing.

teething powders are homeopathic and work well for my Dd's mood when teething. also things like cold cucumber for meals, it's cold to munch on. other poeple have said frozen bread as its a bit scratchy and helps with the itchy gums.

chewing on stuff is fine, my lo is only starting to slow down on chewing everything in sight everyday now, it was more or less constant for many months, teething or not! some of her books are ruined with chew marks!:dohh:

hope it's not too bad xxx

I use bonjela on Noah's gums :) it helps and if it gets bad again I put some more on. I only use painkillers at night with teething, unless it's really bad.
Sorry AF was a bad one. Mine has been a weird one! Still spotting a bit today so hoping it will be gone by tomorrow!

Teeny: your wonky cycles will be more likely due to breastfeeding. Not aging cycle! I wouldn;t worry about that until you've had a few months post weaning! xx

Hey ladies! AF got me yesterday and I really thought I had a chance this month! :wacko: Anyway, I have a question. Besides delaying/preventing ovulation, how can breastfeeding interfere with ttc? I've been having regular periods for the most part since 10 months post-partum, had a chemical pregnancy in December, but no luck since then. I've been confirming ovulation with opk and temperature spike around cd16-18 each month with a pretty consistent 12 day LP and I think I'm timing everything right, but nothing yet. Any ideas? TIA!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->