Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Dino: It took us just over 12 months to conceive my daughter, Tilly, and I had 2 miscarriages the first few months we were TTC. Then with my son, Noah, we were ready for another long TTC journey and conceived the 2nd month we tried! We used preseed and ov tests, and using the same again this time. I don't mind when we conceive really, I'd like a small age gap, but mainly cos of financial reasons. This will be our last baby, so I'll be going back to work once it turns 1yr and we'll be able to buy a new house :) I like where we live now, but it's too small long term. We're hoping to keep it as a rental though.
Kalyrra: I use opks once a day from the end of AF and then when it looks like I'm getting a bit of a line I use them twice a day until I ov. I'm a but worried I'm oving at something like CD22 at the moment and then AF arrives on CD28, so if it happens again this cycle I'm going to the Dr to see if they can help. Don't want to take anything herbal unless I've cleared it with the Dr, as I've had ovarian cysts in the past and I'm a bit worried about taking anything while BFing.
Leeze: Welcome :) stupid cycles are a pain in the bum eh! I bought more sensitive ov tests this time as I found it difficult using the standard ones. Not sure if it's going to help or not though. We're just going to try BDing every couple of days this month and see how we go!

We're all good, just waiting for AF to finish so we can jump back on the bandwagon. Noah is such a sweetie, I'm a bit worried about pregnancy affecting our BFing, but I managed ok until 7 months with DD, and she selfweaned at 25 months :) Do you ladies plan to keep on BFing when you get your BFP?

Hey guys I commented once on this thread last month but wasn't sure it was still around. i'm on cycal two of trying and using OV tests. i'm on CD9 and trying to wait on ovulation.

Hi ladies. Can I join you? I've just had a quick read of the thread and feel like I'd be in good company here in terms of strange cycles and not knowing what's going on! I had no AF or O signs for 19 months. Then last month I had 3 days of textbook EWCM and took a few IC O tests. I didn't ever have a fully dark line butI had a couple that were almost as dark as the control line. Then 7 days later I had light bleeding. It was so light I thought it might be IB. But no such luck and it must have been a very short steal phase. I bought some vit B6 and vitex but haven't started either as I wasn't sure of the dosage. So far, I must be on about CD 22 this cycle and have just started to get a faint line on the IC tests.

How are you all feeling about TTC? I know its quite early days for us so far, but I do feel more relaxed about it so far. Last time it took 14 months to get the BFP and I was an emotional wreck for the last few months! XX
Welcome! I'm really relaxed this time too- we tried for 28 months for my daughter- no bfps in that whole time. Actually for me 8months ttc until 18months ttc were the worst, then I just kind of chilled out and was pg within the year so I know the chilled approach works for me! I'm not putting myself through the 2ww symptom spotting nightmare anymore either! When it happens it happens! But planning on going to docs at end if the year just to check I'm O'ing ok and everything is as it should be- this is our 6th month ttc so not been trying very long yet! How are you feeling?

Hey guys I commented once on this thread last month but wasn't sure it was still around. i'm on cycal two of trying and using OV tests. i'm on CD9 and trying to wait on ovulation.

Welcome back to you! I hope we all get our bfps soon and can carry the thread on else where moaning about our preg symptoms lol !!

Dino: It took us just over 12 months to conceive my daughter, Tilly, and I had 2 miscarriages the first few months we were TTC. Then with my son, Noah, we were ready for another long TTC journey and conceived the 2nd month we tried! We used preseed and ov tests, and using the same again this time. I don't mind when we conceive really, I'd like a small age gap, but mainly cos of financial reasons. This will be our last baby, so I'll be going back to work once it turns 1yr and we'll be able to buy a new house :) I like where we live now, but it's too small long term. We're hoping to keep it as a rental though.

We're all good, just waiting for AF to finish so we can jump back on the bandwagon. Noah is such a sweetie, I'm a bit worried about pregnancy affecting our BFing, but I managed ok until 7 months with DD, and she selfweaned at 25 months :) Do you ladies plan to keep on BFing when you get your BFP?
Lovely age gaps! 3 under 5- will be a challenge! But great that they'll all grow up together. I'd actually like to have another 2 in the next 5 years then try and get myself a career organised! I'm 28 and I've tried so many different things and been to college and university and I've ended up with no degree (had to drop out cos of pregnancy) and no profession! I would like to have something that I can do when my kids go to school. But you can pursue a career in your 40s whereas the baby making days are limited so decided to work on the baby project first! Lol (I'm 28)
I'd love to tandem feed and if I get pg in next 6-12 months ill def try. I like the thought of my daughter sharing something with the new baby and maybe a little less jealous? It comes with its challenges too though I would imagine. Would love to give it a bash though!

Just read that back and realised I mentioned that I'm 28 twice! Lol
Oh by the way I'm 28!

Thanks for the welcome! BTW - I tend to come here in the evening while nursing with one hand and use my phone to type on - so apologies in advance for typos and disjointed messages! And it tends to be easier to reply to one person at a time doing it this way!

iow-bird - 3 under 5 would be hard work in the early years but so rewarding later on. Re weaning, I'm still undecided. I mostly still feed to sleep for bedtime and I'm worried about losing my secret weapon in that respect! Plus, I work 3 days a week and it's a good way to reconnect at the end of the day. I didn't imagine feeding this long when I started, but it's so much a part of us now. And she clearly now asks for Mummy milk and sometimes nothing else will do! And I'm very much in awe of anyone that tandem feeds and I've heard people say it helps the siblings to be closer. Saying all that, there are times when I think it would be good to wean to have a bit more freedom before another one comes along. My other thought is that I'm actually 41 so I can't really delay TTC for number 2 and maybe it would happen quicker without BF. Wow, that was long! So, did your supply dry up when pregnant, I've heard its quite common for that to happen? X

Dinosaur, 28 months is quite a long time. How lovely you got your LO eventually! Good idea to go get checked at the end of the year if no BFP. OH and I have already agreed we'd go for a private consultation if no BFP within a year. Age is a big factor for us as we're both in our 40s. I I got my BFP the same month as an HSG and I really think this is what did it for us. Saying that, I did get a BFP O our 5th cycle then had a m/c around 6 weeks so I know I can get a BFP totally naturally. Good idea to have your babies early and train later. Also, I'm guessing the sleepless nights are a little easier to cope with when younger? I could be totally wrong on that one, but I feel like tiredness affects me more now I,m older! X

Hi Justmeandinch! I'm on cycle 2 as well! What was your cycle length like last month and did you have a short luteal phase? That's impressive to be TTC when your LO is 10.months. Before I had my LO I imagined TTC after a year, but in reality I only feel ready now. Is your LO crawling yet? X

How do you all feel about the thought of being pregnant again? I mostly loved being pregnant and felt really special so I'm excited about it. I was nearly 2 weeks overdue in the end though and those last 3-4 $weeks were really tough!

hi guys, I'm on cycle 5 now but really my first one didn't count as I moved countries and my af went haywire!!

soo, wanted to ask if anyone is tempted to reduce or drop feeding to help ttc. lo dropped to 2 feeds a few months ago and my o and af hormones have def revved up since then. so sometimes I wonder if dropping another feed and just doing one would help the ttc......but I don't want to do it and find lo wasn't ready and regret it!

anyone else?

Wow... I came back to a party! :haha: Welcome to the new ladies! :flower:

It's been a long week. LO has had his fever on and off, been giving him Advil when it was higher than 100 F. He's been a trooper, though! I've also been working on solids with him. I want to make my own food from the garden, but still waiting on the squash to grow/ripen enough to pick and cook for him. In the meantime, we've tried bananas (he's not really a fan), cucumbers, potato, and sweet potatoes. He LOVES the sweet potatoes. He leaned forward with his mouth open and tried pulling the spoon forward for the first time since I started him on solids here and there. We'll try peaches and pears for our next fruit, I think.

We lost power today for about 5 hours. I really hope my breastmilk in the freezer is okay. I made sure the freezer didn't get opened a single time. The fridge warmed up a little because it got opened, but not too badly. I really hope that milk is okay, because I'm heading out of town for 3 days and OH needs it to feed LO while I'm gone! I'm not looking forward to leaving him... (LO, that is. I'll miss OH too, though! :haha:)

Tomorrow I'll be CD9, so I think I'll hit hubby up for some :sex: since I O'd on CD 10 last cycle. I started opk's today. I think we'll probably try the SMEP again, since it worked the cycle we conceived LO. Hopefully my LP starts getting longer, because 6 days is ridiculously short!

Noah likes parsnips, carrots and pumpkin :)
AF seems to be slowing down, so will start doing ov tests again on Monday I think, that should make me about CD7.
Hi to all the new people :) xxx

Can I please join:hi:
Xx

Hey welcome! I see from your siggy you were ttc a long time for your LO too- I was 2.5 years ttc. Hopefully #2 will be easier for us! Have you heard any stories of this? I started a few different threads about this and googled it a lot too and there seems to be a trend of ladies who tried years for #1 and a lot less for #2!

hi guys, I'm on cycle 5 now but really my first one didn't count as I moved countries and my af went haywire!!

soo, wanted to ask if anyone is tempted to reduce or drop feeding to help ttc. lo dropped to 2 feeds a few months ago and my o and af hormones have def revved up since then. so sometimes I wonder if dropping another feed and just doing one would help the ttc......but I don't want to do it and find lo wasn't ready and regret it!

anyone else?

I tricked my body into jump starting AF- i had one initial AF, then waited 6 weeks and nothing so went 3 days with 8-10 hour breastfeeding breaks throughout the day, LO had some EBM, 2 days later AF came back and was pretty regular since. And I started feeding through the day again too. At the moment i just feed in the mornings, bedtime and through the night and I've started B6 so i hope this will be enough for me! I don't want to wean yet! I read as long as AF is regular, you are fertile.

I have been tempted to reduce feeds to help TTC, I was seriously considering it before I got the O signs and light bleed last month. LO is in nursery 3 days a week and has cows milk when there. On the days I'm with her all day I do offer her cows milk in a cup and she normally has formula in a bottle just before her lunchtime nap. But she doesn't seem to reduce the amount of mummy milk even if she drinks other milk. And when she decides she wants mummy milk there's no stopping her! Today she jumped.on my knee and grabbed a boob, pulled my top over and started helping herself. This is a new thing! For anyone that does only do 2-3 feeds a day, what do you for if LO wants your milk at other times?

I thought I might O today as the last few days I had a faint line on the OPK. But today there wad only the control line. Not really sure what's going on. I think I'm on about CD24 so maybe gonna have a really long cycle. If so I might start the vitex and vit B6. I got the 100mg tablets though and have read since buying them that its good to start on 50mg. Anyone know anything more about this? X

b6 helped to extend my LP by a day or two do worth a try. can u split them in half?

Dinosaur
Yes I hear a lot of those stories :) I sooo hope it's easier x

I had a flow last month it lasted for 4 days.
It's been nearly 35 days so I thinking I might be fertile since I spotted once last week FX

dino: honestly, no 2 came 8 months quicker for us :) xx

I won't reduce feeds to help TTC, I'd rather just wait and see what happens. LO is only 6 months though, so if he was older I might feel differently :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->