Anyone using cbfm/opks after m/c?

Narla83

Mum of 3 & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondered (a bit of a long shot really) if any of you ladies are using a cbfm after your loss? and if you are how are you getting on with it?

Also if any ladies are using opks how long after your m/c did you o?

Thanks in advance ladies any answers are really appriciated (sp).:flower:

I for sure use OPK's. I have a CBFM but have never used it yet. You can't use it when you take fertility medication~ I took Clomid in January so couldn't use it then and I'll be starting Femara when AF shows so I still can't use it.. but I think very highly of them and it helps a lot of people.

I didn't O in the first month after the mc- I started using opk's pretty soon after and never got a positive. So it was about 6 weeks after my d&c for me that I O'd. :hugs:

Hey hun, I'm starting with an OPK from tomorrow...reckon I might o on the 16th fingers crossed...am treating m/c as menstruation and trying to work it out that way. BTW did you take me off your siggie? Sure i saw me on it before xx

Hey hun, I'm starting with an OPK from tomorrow...reckon I might o on the 16th fingers crossed...am treating m/c as menstruation and trying to work it out that way. BTW did you take me off your siggie? Sure i saw me on it before xx

I lost you!!

Thats what I did counted m/c as menstruation which would have ment I should be o'ing today but Im now on day 6 of highs on my cbfm, not sure if I am going to O. I did get two low days on it so I know some hormones have to have changed for it to be high! So desperate to get back to normal!!

Will you let me know how you get on hunni!?

Will defo let you know how I get on babe....I would DTD as much as poss the next few days and keep testing with the CBFM....not sure how it works to be honest as I'm just gonna use the CB OPK.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for you tho babe and we'll be more less sharing the 2ww!!! Xx

I'm not much help but Im interested in your replies I've been looking at the CBFM and think I will purchase ready for when AF finally arrives after MC started on the 1st April

I'm reading up about what and when to expect with first AF as we will be away on holiday around the 5-6wk post MC mark Im gathering it's so personal as some folk OV some don't , some experience very heavy AF etc etc

I MC naturally at 9+1 wks (baby stopped developing at 7-8wks) I ended up MC naturally and bleeding started 1st April, passed "tissue" (hate that word) 3rd April and bleeding stopped 7 days later If it's not traumatic enough to experience a MC we then have our bodies and hormones to contend with !!

Since I've not ordered my CBFM I have been proactive and ordered sone HPTs as I want to know ig the hcg has cleared from my body

Really want to TTC again as I'm fast approaching 35 x

Fingers crossed for lots of BFPs that grow in to beautiful healthy babies for us all
X X X

I used OPKs and ovulated I think about 3 weeks after the miscarriage then had AF about 5 weeks after it.

Hi, I used my CBFM again after my miscarriage last month. Exactly two weeks after my bleeding stopped I got two peaks on the monitor so we ttc and I just got my BFP today. The monitor has worked first time both of the times for me. Good luck x

Hi, I used my CBFM again after my miscarriage last month. Exactly two weeks after my bleeding stopped I got two peaks on the monitor so we ttc and I just got my BFP today. The monitor has worked first time both of the times for me. Good luck x

Just interested on how many days you got highs before you peaked? Like I said Im on the 6th day of highs and starting to give up hope of ever peaking!!!

Massive congrats on your BFP, did you get an af after m/c?

Sorry for all the questions just really want that BFP again!!

Can't really help but I have just got a CBFM for next month. I have just had my first AF 29 days after MMC and think I should ovulate this week. My Af was really light BTW and I normally have really heavy bleeding. Good luck on getting that BFP.

Thanks for these replys ladies and sorry about your losses.

It helps to know when/if other people o'd after m/c esp if you are going straight into ttc! Im hoping I get a peak soon.

Just interested on how many days you got highs before you peaked? Like I said Im on the 6th day of highs and starting to give up hope of ever peaking!!!

Massive congrats on your BFP, did you get an af after m/c?

Sorry for all the questions just really want that BFP again!!

Hi, sorry just read yor questions. I never started using my CBFM until about a week after my miscarriage bleeding stopped. I got several highs and then peaked exactly 14 days after the bleeding stopped. I reckon it must be common to ovulate about 14 days after the M/C bleeding stops and HGC goes back to 0. I never had a period after miscarriage. I decided to start trying right away after my doctor said theres no reason to wait. If you work out exactly when your bleeding stopped then you will likely get your peaks two weeks later, your days of highs sounds perfectly normal. The fact your getting highs and not lows indicates your bodies producing a lot of oestrogen working up to ovulation. Dont stress Im sure you will def. ovulate again and in my case its proven true that you are more fertile after a miscarriage. Thats twice now the CBFM has worked first time. I just need this baby to stick now x

Thanks so much for replying!!! Stupid me was going by when the bleeding started but if its two weeks after it stops then ive still got time, that will infact be fri/sat! :happydance:

Youve given me a bit of hope so thanks again!

Good luck to you will keep my fx'd for you that its a sticky bean!!!:hugs:

Hey hun,
well i had a d&c on the 11th of march, due to failed pregnancy. To get pregnant i was on clomid 100mg cd2-6 and for the first time in 2 year i ovulated! So after d&c i was thinking my chances are so small if not at all in ovulating on my own. BUT on the thursday the 7th of april i had loads of ewcm and took a clearblue opk and there was i smiley face! The next day it had gone which made me feel so much better. i am now about 4/5dpo and its a waiting game from here. Some women do and some dont ovulate after miscarriage i had +opk a day under 4weeks of my d&c. Just keeping the dtd everyother day unless you get any signs of ovulation, or keep testing with opk. Sorry not much help, Good luck:hugs:

I delivered (miscarried naturally) my baby last monday (9days ago) Baby had died at 13w+4. Also needed a curette the same day, so now have a very cleaned out uterus. I hardly bled at all after the surgery, light pink discharge and brown spotting only for the last couple of days. Today nothing.
My husband and I are trying again ASAP as I am now 35 and not getting any younger. My GP said its ok to start trying straight away, and the only reason for waiting until AF returns is so its easier for dating the pregnancy if I should fall preg again immediately (I wish!)
I started peeing on sticks yesterday. I got a faint pos on a hpt yesterday, even fainter today and a very faint line on an opk today. So there is still a little hcg running through my system. I started temping and charting again yesterday, so this will tell me when/if I ovulate before AF comes knocking on my door again.

Good luck to all of you. xxoo. May we all be blessed with super sticky beans and forever babies. :hugs:

Oh, and here is a scanned pic of my pee sticks.
Top is yesterdays hpt, middle is todays hpt and the pink one is todays opk.
130411.jpg

:dust:
I delivered (miscarried naturally) my baby last monday (9days ago) Baby had died at 13w+4. Also needed a curette the same day, so now have a very cleaned out uterus. I hardly bled at all after the surgery, light pink discharge and brown spotting only for the last couple of days. Today nothing.
My husband and I are trying again ASAP as I am now 35 and not getting any younger. My GP said its ok to start trying straight away, and the only reason for waiting until AF returns is so its easier for dating the pregnancy if I should fall preg again immediately (I wish!)
I started peeing on sticks yesterday. I got a faint pos on a hpt yesterday, even fainter today and a very faint line on an opk today. So there is still a little hcg running through my system. I started temping and charting again yesterday, so this will tell me when/if I ovulate before AF comes knocking on my door again.

Good luck to all of you. xxoo. May we all be blessed with super sticky beans and forever babies. :hugs:

Loads of :dust: your way hunni, hope you get your BFP!! Will you let me know how you get on tracking o please, I know it helps me so hoping it will give others some insight and hope!x

I'll post the link to my chart when I finally get my turn on the computer (using my ph at the moment) and i'll continue to post pics of my pee sticks. I've never had a pos opk while ttc but I definately ov each month. I go by my darkest opk and temp shift.

Todays pee sticks. HTP(green) and OPK(pink), both done with fmu.
140311.jpg

I thought I could see a super faint shadowy line on the HTP. But I'm pretty sure it looked kind of evappy. These cheap crappy tests seem to always show some kind of a shadowy line. The OPK was done with fmu, which I know you shouldnt use, so I will be peeing on more sticks over the next few days. I usually ov on about CD14 (have posted link to my charts in siggy), but I dont know what will happen this month. I know after I lost Kyle that my cycles were pretty stuffed up for a few months.

More OPKs to come today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->