Anyone waiting until October to concieve?

Yeah I totally take the ntnp back! AND my comment on OPKs!! As this has only come about casually I haven't timed our BDing, however I know that we did it on CD 8,9,13. I'm already obsessed and monitoring my body! I will so get an OPK next month so I can make sure we're getting our timing right. Not much longer to wait ladies! :happydance:
Is anyone starting early October ? It's good to have some TWW buddies! :flower:

We don't have a date set. I try to ease DH into our baby conversations and I think setting a date would be too much pressure. I want to make a dr appt and get everything checked out down there, and to get any info I can (this will me #1) before we start. I know at best it'll be end of Oct, I'm in a wedding Oct. 19th and on the off chance things happen right off the bat, I don't want to be fighting morning sickness/exhaustion/etc. So I hope I don't have to move to a Nov thread, but it will be what it will be. The countdown is on!

I go for my final zoladex injection today so 4 weeks and that will have worn off, so technically I will be trying then however it may take a while for my cycle to come back so until it does I will be in wtt TTC limbo because I won't be using any protection but I might not he ovulating I think that will he the hardest part for me

We will be ttc in December - I was pregnant over Christmas last year and really hated it - I love Christmas but was tired all the time and with a 9 month old (she will be at Christmas) I just want to enjoy it & plus I like a few glasses of wine :) :)
Good luck to everyone trying in October

plus I like a few glasses of wine :) :)

That's been my biggest worry about getting pregnant quickly! Everyone would notice if I didn't have a glass of wine on Thanksgiving or Christmas, and I don't want to be "outed" before I'm ready to tell everyone. I've already started planning on how I can sneak in some non-alcoholic wine without raising any red flags. :haha:

If you don't mind telling a white lie, you can just tell people you are finishing up some medication and can't drink. Most people aren't nosy enough to ask what, but if they do, just be vague, ie. "some antibiotics," or something.

I've worried about that too because I have a bit of a reputation as a party animal. I've decided that I'll tell people I'm dieting/on a detox. That's if I'm lucky enough to conceive before xmas! It would be the best xmas gift ever, and a wonderful way to see in the new year. :)

If you don't mind telling a white lie, you can just tell people you are finishing up some medication and can't drink. Most people aren't nosy enough to ask what, but if they do, just be vague, ie. "some antibiotics," or something.

My family is really close, 4 of the 5 families live within a 10 mile radius, and my cousins, siblings and I hang out together, go to bars, etc. My immediate family and I see each other 2-3 times a week and always have beer and wine with meals. I wouldn't even consider it rude for one of them to see me deny a glass and say "OMG are you pregnant?!" I just want to wait until 10-12 weeks if I can make it, so I'd rather not get that question at all, I'm an awful liar!

So I'll probably smuggle in some non alcoholic wine and secretly fill up in whatever room we all toss our bags and coats in. Or maybe I'll tell my sister and enlist her help in drinking my wine all day, haha!

I can't see my sister turning down a reason to drink more booze! Haha. Thanks!

Il just be the designated driver then no one can say anything.....that is until later when we get back to my mums and I have no excuse. However I think I wud tell them all at Christmas regardless of how far I am if I conceive before

Can't believe how close October is! It is all so exciting...even when it is #3:)

I no it's very close, I can't believe it, 3 weeks 5 days!!! I remember when I was excited at 8 weeks and that has flown by so the next few weeks will

We'll have to set up a graduates thread where all the Sept/Oct/Nov peeps can gather and nervously step into the world of TTC together! <3

What a nice idea! I mentioned in another thread that we got started a little early, but I've been too nervous about it to jump right into the TTC forum - I like all the support from you ladies here that I'm used to!

What a nice idea! I mentioned in another thread that we got started a little early, but I've been too nervous about it to jump right into the TTC forum - I like all the support from you ladies here that I'm used to!

Amalee!!!! I have been away for 2 weeks so havent caught up yet...congrats on starting early

haha, Amalee, same here! Plus to be honest, we haven't dtd a lot as I don't want to overwhelm DH who was pretty hesitant to start. We also are travelling in October for a week and it wouldn't be too practical if we got lucky straight off, but I know my chances aren't that high. It's now my first TWW and I just can't believe it's finally happening :) You October ladies have got a lot to look forward to, but the TWW is agonising already!

Amalee!!!! I have been away for 2 weeks so havent caught up yet...congrats on starting early

Thanks! Yeah, we were on our honeymoon the first week of the month, and I figured we'd try a couple times on our honeymoon because - I mean, you've got to right!? But then we kept it up when we got home! :happydance:

haha, Amalee, same here! Plus to be honest, we haven't dtd a lot as I don't want to overwhelm DH who was pretty hesitant to start. We also are travelling in October for a week and it wouldn't be too practical if we got lucky straight off, but I know my chances aren't that high. It's now my first TWW and I just can't believe it's finally happening :) You October ladies have got a lot to look forward to, but the TWW is agonising already!

Yeah, that's also why I'm NTNP. I'll totally overwhelm DH if I start saying "Okay, let's go, pants off! I only have 3 more days of fertility!" So exciting though! Good luck - I hope you're better than me at keeping yourself sane :haha:

Haha I know that feeling, luckily no mention of babies is done but I will get to have my legs up afterward to help everything along :D

Oh no I am struggling at staying sane. It doesn't help that three of my close friends are also ttc, and have a head start on me - and I am so determined for us all to get :bfp: at the same time (or close enough!) so we can go through it all together! May sound immature but I have no family living near me, so it would be great to have some good friends going through the same as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->